/assg/ General

Gay is the way edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this October, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Fall Masquerade Event (DbD)
fallmasquerade.deadbydaylight.com/

>Spring Break DLC Trailer (F13)
[YouTube] Friday the 13th: The Game | Spring Break 1984 DLC | Trailer PAX West 2017

>Who Do You Main?
strawpoll.me/13774461
strawpoll.me/13774470
strawpoll.me/13414504
strawpoll.me/13414516

Extra vote for funzies
strawpoll.me/13855362

Is that a dead thread?:

DbD swimsuits when?

First for fuck Rusty and kys discordfags

post yfw leaving NO survivors

Reminder that Last year will be in the middle of the 3 games in terms of popularity.

Nah, it'll either end up being the best or the worst

Never. Their game isn't so dead that they have to offer incredibly shitty fanservice just to try and hold on to their playerbase.

Is whiteout 2 players here? Want to ask about their games

>Its good to be K I N G

Why the gays?

Well, I managed to kill one annoying bitch in a red coat. I hooked her about 3 or 4 times, but each time I left she immideiately got away and healed so I camped her at the end. I could visibly see the other 3 standing their tea bagging as if I was going to give them the free escape.

How exactly does micheals stalk work? He moves so slow.
I'm shocked at how easy that 90 degree turn into killer technique was against me at losing them.

Last Year has had two asymmetrical horror games to watch crash and burn, if it doesn't learn from their mistakes the genre is dead.

Hold RMS while pointing at the survivor. Let it build up and once you are in lvl 3 evil within, you can 1 shot them

Who're the best killers? It seems like ones who excel in downing outweigh the ones with gimmicky abilities

>No Bill

>Billy
Just use your chainsaw to guard the last 2-3 gens and you'll never leave a game without 3+ kills
>Doctor
Can easily flush out anyone whose not hiding in a cabinet. Overcharge + skillcheck addons/perks = no ones doing gens.
>Huntress/Nurse
Depends entirely on your aim/ability to predict survivor's movements. Most people give up playing these two after a few games. Those who master them though become unstoppable.
>Trapper
Since most of the best trap spots are pretty obvious, this killer is all about micro management, not skill.
>Hag
Better trapper who can camp even harder. Only good against low ranks though because you can just crouch to avoid her traps (not many people know this).
>Wraith
2spooky4detection perks, mostly played by laggy chinamen.
>Myers
Monitor & Abuse makes this killer almost too easy.

No matter who you choose, you'll always be a camping faggot and people will always dc just to cuck you out of a mori/achievement/pip. WELCOME TO DBD THOUGH!

>Just use your chainsaw to guard the last 2-3 gens and you'll never leave a game without 3+ kills
how do I fucking billy? the chainsaw moves a lot on his own.

TL;DR: Get good with Nurse or backsaw Billy.

Nurse, get good with her and you'll do great. Her Blink lets her bypass the survivormain's pallet looping and infiniting once you get a feel for her blinks. All other Killers can be pallet looped and infinited to varying degrees of severity.

Huntress: Well timed hatchets can hit survivors jumping through windows, over pallets and such when the hitboxes don't fuck up.

Trapper: Can place traps at pallets, but do this beforehand, stopping mid-loop to place a trap gives the survivormain WAY too much time to put distance between you.

Billy: Good addons help you get faster backsaws, make sure to learn how to fake out survivormains who will try and matador you with zigzag movements.

Wraith: Don't even bother, save yourself the pain at high ranks by avoiding Wraith.

Hag: Mud traps are good at disorienting survivormains but you really gotta get a feel for the teleport time so you can hit them successfully too.

Myers: Can build up Evil Within at loops and infinites but can't really counter them. (Note: When in Evil Within 3, your window vault speed is increased).

Doctor: His Madness ability is decent for finding survivors and slowing gen progress somewhat, but he only really gets better with Overcharge and when you learn how to use your zap effectively. (His zap disables all actions for 1.5 seconds so hypothetically you can zap, switch to Punishment and smack a survivor before they vault or drop a pallet. However experienced survivormains will drop/vault when they hear the initial wind-up crackle.)

Survivors always run Self-Care, Borrowed Time and Lithe/Sprint Burst. If you get an Obsession notification and you're not running any Obsession perks, its a Decisive Strike.

Good luck, friend.

at what level can I start buying moris? I want to kill one of those niggers

Don't think of the chainsaw as a weapon. Most Billy's don't. Just use it as a means to get across the map in mere seconds.

Pretty sure they can just show up at any time in your bloodweb. Chances of finding them increase depending on your level/prestige.

You can buy them whenever you want, but if you just want to power through levels then just get whatever is cheapest on your bloodwebs until you reach your desired level.

>Trapper at 40
>claudette at 40
who do I level up next?
I'm having fun with huntress, is she supposed to be easy to play?
is it me or playing killer is actually fun?

Bill wouldn't put up with David's cocky attitude.

In other words, Bill would be the top

Just did my third match. Got 3 sacrificese and downed the last guy who spent 10 minutes juking me at the exit. He fell but it counted as an escape.

Seems theres a limiteed amount of stalk you can get from each person. That sucks.

>buy game on humble bundle
>suddenly 26 hours
okay, what the fuck happened here?

>playing Killer is fun

Wait until you're Rank 7+ and every survivor is running the exact same builds that allow them to teabag and infinite you with zero fear. Not to mention all the premades on voice communications informing each other of your every move.

Whats backsaw billy

Can you give me a quick rundown of essential killer-core perks? I havent played in a while, and idk anything about the new perks. I also don't know if stuff like iron grasp or lightborn have been nerfed to shit

>Mori dailies

Backsaw Billy is where you get right up to the back of a survivor and chainsaw them instead of trying to chase them with it. Since chainsaw is a one hit down, its useful to end chases quickly, however survivors can still dodge it so learn to read survivor movements.

>rank 4
>getting 4 kills against a swf

What killer and build you running, my man?

>Jake sees me coming so he hides next to a pallet
>Instead of throwing it on the killer he lets him pass so i go down
>Gates are open and i got hit once already
>Instead of bodyblocking for me he is hiding in a closet near me until i die

It was unironically a rank 1

Is this considered an achievement? If you didn't kill all 4 players then you lost.

>giving that bitch laurie her just deserts after she insta broke free the first time
>lose connection on hook
ok what the fuck

>get 2 kills
>down one guy
>Trying to bait the 4th
>he just lets him bleed out
>was camping hatch
>game ends
>22k for me, 7k for the guy that camped

yeah i wouldnt consider that a loss

Reminder that Soap x Rusty is dead.

Soap x Jaype is the canon ship

>lose connection

He pulled his ethernet cable out to save his item and points, my dude.

Getting teams at rank 5 that play like rank 20's, this event is hell.

oh right

gimme that killercore baby

I literally just started playing. I doubt anyone at my rank cares that much. Although to be fair. I jus thad a game where I sacrificed two guy sin the first 3 mins. Hooked one guy and the last guy just stood on the hatch waiting for the inevitable after the hooked one quit.

If the game ends with everyone dead, you won. If the match ends with a survivor sitting in a safe zone taunting you or even holding the game hostage with the hatch, you lost. Which outcome makes you feel powerful?

>premonition
holy fuck how is that allowed? I know i just started playing but christ.

Its fucking shit and only good for beginners.

I get matched with people with maxed perks, bullshit addons and literally thousands of hours even at rank 20. Both community and matchmaking of this game are the worst I have ever seen and I'm a Dota 2 player hardened by thousands of clashes against russian invaders.

Nurse, you want the meme watch and whatever add on.
Thanatophobia, nurse's calling, bitter murmur and hex: ruin

>not spine chill

Seeing them get less than 10k points while I easily got two makes me feel 'powerful.'
Not to mention, I'd rather have a fun, good game where survivors don't play like faggots, no matter how many get away

Myers t1 and invisible wraith are immune to detection perks.

Points are irrelevant. Literally no one but you cares. If you're getting teabagged at the end you lost, even if you hooked everyone 3 times except for the sole survivor who escaped while wounded after being hooked twice.

nah, we get the signal with invisiwraith, but ew1 myes is indeed immune to stealth perks

>letting strangers on the internet offend you

Yeah I just laugh when they do stupid shit like that. Sorry you're so soft. At the end of the day they didn't get shit from that match and thats all that matters

>Game isn't so dead
>Lack of killers making survivor lobbies a chore to find

Keep laughing nigger, Friday will have the last laugh.

>nah, we get the signal with invisiwraith, but ew1 myes is indeed immune to stealth perks
>just wiped a team with EW1 myers
It helps that one guy quit on the down. But is it that strong? I had two survivors crouch walk into me round corners randomly and then freak out.

>Friday will have the last laugh
Are you fucking serious?

>playing a game for the grind and not for fun or victory

???
I just told you I would rather play a fun game where everyone lives. You're the one who is playing for some psychotic powertrip instead of enjoyment. "Teaching survivors a lesson" isn't enjoying because they're going to go do the same shit again next match

>game that bans you for calling people faggots will have the last laugh
Not with those devs.

You're not going to have fun in a game where everyone lives. It means the survivors aren't under any pressure and are in control the whole time.

>Me and another survivor left
>Gates are open
>I know where the hatch is so i decide to take it when the other survivor escapes
>Suddenly she stands next to me and stays
>Killer sees her and she tries to pull him on me
>He didnt see me and chases her
>She goes down half the map away
>He doesnt pick her up and i see her crawling to me
>I escape immediately because i understood what she was trying to do
>She gets hooked instantly and killer keeps hitting her on the hook

That's what you get for being a greedy cunt.

Claudette, right?

>create lobby as huntress
>4 people join my game at the same time
>put on ebony memento mori
>instant kill hatchets
>wipe them out

So every single match? You're going to get SWF more often than you won't.

Meg

Bad advice, Billy's saw one shot down potential is crucial to his power, its like any other FPS, wait for the perfect moment to use it, and proper mad knowledge.

>tfw like both
>tfw excited for part 4 jason
>tfw playing micheal myers finally is fucking awesome
you fags are worse than console warrior shits.

Yea keep laughing, once your dead gay game dies cause of killers leaving we'll be laughing our asses off at you, and maybe this general won't be such a horrendous pile of shit.

>He complains about the general yet he posts in it

I've never liked playing Myers. Which is a shame because I like him a lot. The only killers I enjoy are Nurse and Huntress because they ignore most pallet bullshit.

And doctor

I enjoy both to, I just think its funny to see DBD fags trying to act superior when they have such a severe lack of killers that its killing their game.

>I just think its funny to see DBD fags trying to act superior when
DbD is superior and f13fags spent an entire year trashing this general and DbD, and then get mad when their "promised land" is pointed out just to be an outhouse full of shit.

first game as survivor. Found a flashlight in a chest. tried to save suit man with it by shining it at the nurses face like in those webms
>reversed controls
>RIP
at least my teammates got the exit open while I was dying.

>DbD is superior
>A game where the survivors are actively encouraged to seek out confrontations with the killer is superior

You can fucking stun lock Jason

Bug. Getting fixed soon.

>stomp survivors as trapper
>last one gives up
>carry him to the hatch
>>THANK YOU SO MUCH

So can I only get items from chests? and do they carry over after matches?

Will that 2 months as well?

F13's devs are the laziest devs of all time but when I play F13 as Jason I actually feel like a slasher movie villain. When I play DBD I feel like an out of shape dad chasing toddlers around a playground.

I can't tell you how refreshing it was to go from DBD's hook and wait for the magic spider to finish eating the soul bullshit to just grabbing and killing victims.

The discord makes me want to kill myself
because it reminds me I'll forever be alone

I feel the same way about survivors. In DbD I feel very vulnerable, probably because I don't play with friends, but in F13 I can survive for a long time even as a slow character and usually stun Jason several times, juking his shift grabs.

PREMONITION OR SPINE CHILL

> In DbD I feel very vulnerable
You're either new or bad

Neither

One thing I will say after just finishing my first few hours of DbD is taht the stealth as a survivor is genuinly tense. Me and some claudette just stealthed our way over to a hooked guy right on the other side of the ap whilst micheal patrolled it and saved him. Quickly ducking behind cover and seeing them go by is great fun.

IN F13 all jason has to do is use sense even if you outplayed him. Sense is broken and until they fix it stealth will be useless

>Try to hide because I'm playing a low stamina character
>lolsense
>lolshiftgrabed
Yeah, fuck that noise.

>Lose games
>Get bored and want to stop playing
>Win games
>Get bored and want to stop playing

Why am i still alive

I am pretty bad at keeping away from the killer, yeah. I mostly rely on not getting caught. The methods of evading the killer in DbD just aren't very intuitive. Dodging shift grabs is much easier. I do much, much better against Nurses and Huntresses than I do the killers that just chase you until they can hit you.

Really? I feel like a god when I play survivor in DBD. There are just so many ways to fuck with the killer from pallets to flashlights to the hatch. Holy god I hate that fucking hatch. It just exists to cheat a killer out of a party wipe.

>Lolsense

If you're spooked enough that you're glowing in the closet why are you hiding?

>play jenny
>near invisi jog
>not reat stamina but high regen due to super low fear growth
>jason chases me and deb into house
>hide under bed at around 10 fear
>jason is there for 3 minutes going for deb and a adam that came along, runs past bed countless times, jenny never freaks out
based Jen. shame about the repair though.

>2017
>people still play jenny

You can get around low repair by restarting the repair minigame over and over until you get a good roll, and I think high luck makes it more likely to happen. After a few restarts you should get a rather easy slow repair with only 5 prompts. You can slowly but stealthily repair when Jason is not nearby like this.

I just meant hiding like in cabins. No matter how spooked you are/aren't Jason can pick up the building you're in. Besides, you passively gain fear if Jason is anywhere near you. Fuck this game/

Jason isn't likely to morph to a random campground area that doesn't have a major objective in it, so he isn't going to go after you unless you put yourself in danger zone. And if you are in a dangerous area and use a hiding spot he won't pick you up until later into the match. Stealth definitely isn't all that useful, but that's because most people will get themselves killed by the halfway mark because they can't dodge a single shift grab, and then Jason has 10 minutes to catch you.

>If you're spooked enough that you're glowing in the closet why are you hiding?
you only glow in a hiding spot post rage.
You can hide at 100 fear pre rage and never get sensed. but jason can hear you breathing from 3 regions away.

>Jason being able to know what cabin you're in means you're fucked.

user. Come on. He's supposed to find you and you're supposed to escape him. Just go through a window in the back while he's breaking down the door or hide in the closet and wait for him to go by or hit him with a bat.

Don't even meme at me about unbeatable shift grabs. I've maxed out unscathed badges.

You DBD guys are just spoiled. You're used to a game where all you have to do to be considered a "good" survivor is breakdance on a pallet.

I still maintain that it is easier to keep Jason off you than it is to keep a killer off you. I can't hit Hillbilly with a baseball bat when he is about to hit me with his chainsaw.

The problem is that they designed it to be like a movie instead of a game. It makes sense to gain more fear even if Jasons just hangin' around, but in the context of a game it fucks Counselors over so badly.

>Implying I'm a pallet shitter
>Not playing stealth

You can play stealth in F13 too, just don't spend more time than you need to around the car. Let the runners search the car area while you search the obscure areas. Only go to the car to perform repairs and then leave.