/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

IQ edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operators.

Blames the hitreg for dying:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhYsthiqMnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d0Vh1qiP4Sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Ela looks like shit

alpha packs is a mistake

why

But her Wz. 89 uniform is aesthetic as fuck.

immersion ruins it. imagine operators wearing pink helmets in camo with ice m4

lmao

>muh immersion

oy vey gotta have ramndom drop boxes XD

nah, the only real problems I have with it - in it's current form - are that it clearly took a long time to design and implement and creating the content also took a long time which could have been better spent on fixing OP HEALTH. That and something I've always liked about R6 is the ability to just buy the hats you want. Making exclusive shit just to sell boosters to you is a dick move.

There's nothing wrong with operators using pink helmets while they're fucking around in VR.

>the people making headgear are the ones responsible for bug fixes
Retard

>reading comprehension

Hello /r6g/, who's your waifu?

there has to be some penalty for leaving like holy fuck literally all i want is a 5v5 game

Even in VR, we can still see your poor fashion sense.

not a spic, so better than yours

Someone who isn't over forty years old.

I hate mexicans too, fuck em. Delicious Ela tho

poles are the mexicans of europe, you plagued us with ukies
fuck you too

I know, that's why I put the tho in there

You just posted her.

>1.65m
IMAGINE

>Ela's Scorpion Evo 3 has 30 round mags
>Ela's mines will not activate if the Enemy moves at a slow pace (walking while crouched)
>Ela has 3 mines instead of 4
>Lesion's traps cannot kill enemies outright anymore; instead it will always put enemies into DNBO and double the rate at which they bleed-out.
>Lesions mines become somewhat more visible when close, they remain nearly invisible at range
Who disagrees? If you do, what would you do instead?

> Wanting a girl that is taller than you
> not wanting a cute short girl that will love you and that you will carry in your arms
Do you hate love user? Are you edgy?

>not wanting to be carried by your waifu
>not being strong enough to carry your waifu even if you're shorter than her
Besides, 1.65m is only about 5'5".

For ela I'd eliminate the reduces aim sensitivity because that's not needed, the blinding effect and inability to hear are more than enough, echo got it right

Silly shit has been a thing way before Alpha Packs.

>50 round mag is fine
>I agree, it would reward being attentive
>4 mines is fine
>That sounds good
>The mine's visibility doesn't need to be changed

Why are we discussing with this fucktard when Medusa can just look funny ad Broskandar to instantly kill him? Why are we taking this faggot's "HE'S FASTER" seriously when Broskandar has a shitty D rank AGI and Medusa under a proper master has A? There are all the proofs that she would easily wreck her.

???
Wrong general?

Exactly. Fuck my life.

Wrong thread, user?

No you fucks. Those are the new ops. Medusa, South Korean defender, and Broskandar, the male Polish attacker.

you live in the future there's no info about them yet

Ela's mines not going off if you're walking slow does sound like a decent idea. It'd be a way to deal with the mines if you don't have a Thatcher or Twitch, while still keeping them useful. I want to wait a few weeks before talking nerfs for the new operators, though. They could just seem powerful because people are still getting used to how they change things up, and you see them almost every round because (especially season pass holders) want to try them out now.

Medusa: the better Blitz
has a portable strobe light
when she looks at an operator directly the enemies will attempt to use their hand to block out the light and cannot aim down sight

but.. they said the next polish won't be a guy but a female..
we need more wife

Whaddya mean? Do you actually live in 2017? Bro git with the times. It's fucking January 16th, 2018. Ubisoft's working on Y3 ops at the moment.

t. cavemen
get with the times gramp, we're living in the clouds in the year 2077 now

what's the deal with technical test servers

it tests stuff, and is filled with retards

I love her icon

You download another copy of the game to your PC, and you'll occasionally get access to test a new patch for a few days, before it's officially released.

give the skorpion an acog :^)

man they plan to have 100 operators at the end of the game support, but it's going to take a shit ton of year before they reach this numbers. they said that because they want to say "keep supporting our games, giving us money, then we can reach 100 OP goy".
I'm sure of one thing: R6S support and success will not go beyond the fourth year.

While we're at it, give the MPX a long barrel.

>place thermite charge
>enemy runs out at the exact time

>XD Knife fight only guys
>come outside knife fight only
>shoot them every time
>team tries to kick me

>I put rook armour outside for attackers lol
>shoot the enemy or the rook
>team tries to kick me

I guess in addition to an ESL rules and Hardcore playlist we really need a "mouth breathing retard playlist"

There should be quotes around
>"I put rook armour outside for attackers lol"

because some shit cunt won't understand otherwise.

Funny thing is, that actually existed at one point.

Not that I want them to stop making new content, but you're gonna run out of ideas at a certain point. They even said during a videostream that they intentionally took the fan suggestion of "non-lethal Fuze charges" and turned them into a whole new operator. Either we'll end up with dozens of operators who are just opposite or niche versions of existing operators, or we'll get power creep which renders everything previous obsolete.

>GUN BOUNCES PICOMETERS FROM THE ENEMY BUT NEVER ON TARGET
THIS IS FUCKING EVERY GOD DAMN FPS HOW DO IF FIX THIS SHIT

Who is "they"?

I melee rook plates when he drops it. Plates gives my team snake oil tier protection

Speculators of /r6g/

>doesn't offer knife fights in a 2v5
>le XD
Kill yourself

Let's be realistic user,
if you die to Lesion mines it's either because you lucked your way alive out of a gunfight with 10 HP or you got Frost+Lesion combo'd.

I don't even understand the second point because they're visible unless placed right behind the door frame (like every other trap op)
or hidden color matching areas (like every good Kapkan already does).

It's beautiful.

Why would anyone give a fuck what they say? They also said the Ela leak was fake because she had a pistol sight, and then again when her portrait wasn't facing the camera.

They also said Ying's shotgun would have a suppressor option since Lesion had a suppressor OPTION despite it being labeled integrally suppressed.

Which female operator is the tallest?

welp.. that's true, but i love variety and hate mirror match.. so according to me we need more operators to play as.

What are you talking about? Your aim is off or something? Lower your sensitivity, get a big mousepad, make sure you have mouse accel off, and make sure your mouse isn't complete trash.

Just looked it up out of curiosity, it's Caveira.

I also found out something that's even more shocking. Ying is shorter than Mira. Mira is no longer the smallest.

In case anyone was curious, we can also find out density.

From least to most thick:
>Ying: 32.5 kg/m
>Hibana: 32.9 kg/m
>Frost: 33.7 kg/m
>Twitch: 34.5 kg/m
>Valkyrie: 35.9 kg/m
>Mira: 36.4 kg/m
>Ash: 37.1 kg/m
>Ela: 39.3 kg/m
>IQ: 40 kg/m
>Caveira: 40.7 kg/m

Well, Ying is asian.

One thing I don't understand is why they nerfed barbed wire instead of improving the other defenders gadgets. Impacts are still god awful in combat and deployable shields fall over like a stack of cards. Why couldn't they make deployable shields more explosive resistant? Why couldn't they make impacts useful in combat?

>votekicked for picking Ela
I love this game :)

It still boggles my mind that Valkyrie is not the heaviest girl considering she's the one proudly showing of all the muscle.

She's also surprisingly short at 5'7".

Hey so I missed Blood Orchid's release. How's the new map and new operators?

Any opinions on Blood Orchid's theme? I think it's okay until the Ching Chong guitar plays.

>Why couldn't they make deployable shields more explosive resistant?
The nerfing of barbed wire was to make attackers not feel like they needed to take explosives every round. Buffing deployable shields to need multiple explosives to take down would reverse that effort.
>Why couldn't they make impacts useful in combat?
Grenade spam can be an annoying problem in FPS games. There's only 3 attackers with frags, and 6 defenders with a nitro cell, which is mostly used as grenade instead of as a trap. Impacts were intended to be used for blasting holes, but making them useful for combat would turn fights into chucking grenades everywhere. It would also recreate the problem they were intended to solve, namely, people taking shotguns instead of SMGs just for blasting holes and not for fighting.

They removes favela.

>wanting to use impacts in combat
>ever

The only acceptable use in combat is to finish off downed enemies.

When do you think you should be using Sledge over Buck and vice versa?

Alright. I understand now. Thanks for clearing it up. I'm just irritated it's pointless to take deployable shields on anyone that isn't Echo.

>It would also recreate the problem they were intended to solve, namely, people taking shotguns instead of SMGs just for blasting holes and not for fighting.
People still do this quite often. They have a long way to go for making shotguns a viable choice.

Sledge if you know the Enemy is taking Castle or you will be fighting in a CQC scenario. Buck otherwise.

Sledge is for silent rush.

why isn't krapkan one of those ops thats picked for there broken weapon?
Or does that only apply to 3 speeds with broken weapons?

Buck's better at opening walls while sledge is better at opening ceilings. Why is sledge better at floors? He can break the entire thing if he wants while buck will run out of ammo. Also with sledge you don't have the compass showing where the bullets come from.

Buck can destroy walls from a safe distance and just needs 2 shots at most to male a hole swiftly.

Finally, buck is a more close range operator while sledge has a good smg and rifle for longer ranges

The 19x9mm is meh at best. Wish they put an acog on it since the russians are 1 speed like the french

sasg my guy

so which one of the three new ops should i buy first?

ela if you want to be jager post op lesion if you want to be a more annoying smoke

3 speeds will forever out class 1 speeds unless they get buffed.

Mira is best girl

and what about Ying

I tend not to use shotguns. They're kinda unreliable. Also shotguns with 1 speeds are a no no to me.

ela and lesion are great. It's up to you if you prefer ela's stun and rape tactics or lesions slow and rape tactics. Ela is the 3 speed tho, but lesion can put 7 traps and knows which one got triggered

Ela > Lesion > Ying

pick ying if you enjoy rappel breaching and only rappel breaching.

>everyone on my team under 100 ping
>everyone on enemy team is over 130 ping

gg

garbage unless you have friends that like to coordinate during games her gadget is meh ive turned around and ignored her flashbangs most of the time and her guns are really noteworthy

youtube.com/watch?v=dhYsthiqMnQ

What songs do you play while roaming with 3 speeds?

youtube.com/watch?v=d0Vh1qiP4Sg

>sledge better at floors
Sure, if you don't like getting an easy kill on anyone you uncover. There's a reason why Buck can quickly switch between the skeleton key and his rifle.

Besides that, you don't actually need all of that ammo as Buck. There are only a few key positions you need to open as Buck. Take garage on Consulate for example.
>Behind Van
>Beside Van
>Behind pillar
>Pipes
You don't need any more than this because the enemy has absolutely nowhere left to hide while your team is watching from outside.

Do semi-shotguns have shit spread to balance their fire rate?
semis seem shit in the times that really matter.

I was thinking more on bank's second floor, but you are kinda right about the key skeleton quick swap, though I usually go there with a friend to take roamers down and he shoots after I open the hole

Yes, they have both worse spread and damage. Although damage means absolutely nothing without knowing damage dropoff.

why is casual mm so fucking retarded? im almost level 200 and plat and i get put with people under 100 with no ranks what is this