/domg/ - Dominions General

Raising Death Flags Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SerialExperimentsLA
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3471
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for bats

Admin I found someone willing to set Caelum AI, come to steam chat or drop an email in the thread.

why not just hun balaam or some other popular bless chassis?

What the fuck are you even doing, its the snakes that are the problem

I got my C words confused.

I found someone to set C'Tis AI, not Caelum.

Eyy, anyone willing to sell me a blood stone?

ded

Please someone join, I don't want to play alone.

Game: DominionsHeroes
Turn number 6
Next turn due: 07:23 GMT on Sunday September 10th

Unexpected Nation 2h file received
>Unexpected Nation Waiting for 2h file
>Unexpected Nation Waiting for 2h file

I gave you two a 6-hour extension. Maybe you got Irma'd or something. I hope you submit your turns in time.

I might join later. I need to decide which nation to play first.

MA. No underwater, no ermor, summod, bat tribe indies, worthy heroes, better arena, final destination.

>no ermor, summod
redundant

Forgot the game link.

Oh tru.

I love Dryads!

Why do bat tribe indies if you're already doing summod?

Replaces zotz indies with bat tribe indies?

Someone remind me how to set people AI again?
Also Fomoria you got your extension.

Someone make a new EA game pls.

Actually isnt it you whos supposed to drop the email so I can send you on the turn?

>find someone who is not playing the game
>change email for nation to new guy's email
>resend turn for the nation
>new guy goes into game, presses esc, chooses "Become computer controlled", ends turn
>new guy submits turn
Next turn the nation will be AI.

any idea why the llama button doesnt work?

I don't think there's a way to do it without having a human involved.

The interface which llama uses to communicate with the dominions program running the game is fairly limited, from what I've heard.

Yes.
No.

So I'm building a thug to take out spring hawks and archers. I'm thinking bane lord with frost brand, vine shield, amulet of missile protection, girdle, and copper plate. How's it sound?

Good enough. Spring hawks will deal literally 0 damage to a guy with shock resist. Only thing you have to look out for is zeus/whatever else is there casting elementals or some shit.

Give him a regen ring. He can still be damaged by spring hawks' repel and/or troops other than spring hawks.
Girdle isn't needed, he's undead with 0 encumbrance.
Amulet of missile protection is probably unnecessary too.
Add boots of quickness so that he can kill 2 squares of hawks instead of 1 each turn.

Girdle is unnecessary, Banelords are 0 enc. Throne might have icarids or gryphons too, which will be unkind to your thug. zeus will spam living clouds and they will trample him to death. Give him an enlargement amulet so that doesn't happen, and a ring of regeneration to take care of any spike damage.

Personally, I'd go for shock ring and a better armor instead of missile protection ring and copper plate.

You don't need more than 15 SR against spring hawks, and a decent armor (18+ prot) on top of vine shield should basically negate any normal arrows. It'll give you better performance in melee if there's any non-shock melee troops involved.

>He can still be damaged by spring hawks' repel
Um, what?

Does repel ignore resistances or something?

Repel is 1 (might be more?) untyped, AN, unresistable damage. Part of the reason why thugs and SCs are now shit

repel is untyped 1 AN damage

It's not part of the reason for that at all, my dude.

When did this change happen?

It has literally never changed.

How much do extra blood levels help when blood hunting?

MA Alee is out! Check out the elfiest elves.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3471

I think it came with dom4
It's part of the reason m8, no matter how many resistances you pack on your Seraph, when they hit things they will eventually get repelled, and get afflicted from that small amount of damage. Over a long enough period of usage, they will lose their ability to fight effectively, or they might just straight up die in the case of Bane Lords and other lighter chassis

The information in the manual is accurate

I've never seen it mentioned before and I've made more inefficient thugs than I care to remember

Repel is literally unchanged from Dom 3.

I believe you, but this is what the manual looks like on my computer.

Is that a gnome riding a sheep? Also miring that earth guy.

whats the issue?

Save the pdf to the hard drive, it fixes itself then.

A clurichaun riding a sheep, so pretty much yes.
The earth guy is just half-earth elemental from Dominions and half-earth elemental from HoMM3. But thanks for mirin.

Honestly guys, this game was a lot of fun, and part of what pulled me out of a depression spiral!

Here's how the game went for me:
>Good expansion, not great, but good
>meet tribless Mictlan early with my propheted harpy scout
>spot an easy domkill opportunity and preach on his cap, but he sends me a message asking me to back off
>don't want to piss off tribless Mictlan when snekspansion Bery is right next to me so I back off
>kill Bery pretty easily with Fomorian support, was good friends with giants until they decided to eat me
>despite having Bery's cap and half his land, income was pretty crap
>as was gem income, until I got Mother Oak, but my research difficulties from low income meant I wasn't really able to use what gems I did have
>The Agarthan hissy fit after I vultured literally 6 provinces from Mictlan was the turning point. I feel like I did pretty okay in the war, on a strategic level, and I did not have the resources to win any tactical battles, but still managed to lose only 1 fort.
>that said, I did send my Mother Oak pan into battle where he died, probably the biggest mistake of the game desu

I should have bullied Mictlan harder, turns out he wasn't great, I should have given Lanka his extensions, I should have eaten Ulm immediately after eating Bery and then immediately attacked Fomoria, I should have turned Score Graphs off and I should've also not sent my fucking Mother Oak Pan into combat

GG guys, congrats to Fomoria, really well done!

Did Malakal just win another game? You people are fucking terrible at this.

Oh, also, Ur was great, Ulm was new, Bery was cute, R'lyeh was i don't even know we had all of one message exchange, Agartha was a cunt, Fomoria was cool, Mictlan was meh and I will forever bear the burden of not giving Lanka a fighting chance
Not to my knowledge, no.

Glad you had fun and yes, it was me t.

>Not giving Lanka a fighting chance
What the fuck? I wasn't in this game, but why would anyone ever give Lanka a fighting chance? They're one of the most powerful nations and should definitely be removed if possible.

He got rushed and asked for extensions, but I was too late...

Oh, well if it was admin issues that's slightly different, but you can't really expect someone to stop their rush midway

The absolute state of Conflux.

The absolute state of /domg/ more like.

Why not, someone has to win games and I do it efficiently and quickly so they dont drag on.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but I can't test it right now. I'll test it tomorrow and get back to you.

>someone has to win games
Why?

Does Lukas even play this game anymore

It's correct. I've seen skrattis regenerating damage while fighting swarms of spring hawks, even though they had 25 shockres.

He postponed, and he postponed, until the postponement time reached infinity. Some say he's still there, at the edge of space and time, thinking about his Olathe turn.

Interesting. I wonder if it maybe ignores the damage type and just treats it as purely physical damage, because from my experience armored troops are far less likely to get hurt by it.

Looks like there's nothing left for him to acquire but godhood.

Hey, Ragha. Just theoretically, what would happen if a big angry Jomonese dragon broke your siege?

Reminder to join a high-powered ME game:

I am asking because you meeting each other when storming the castle should prove more painful than it attacking you without tower support.

why can't i build bridges

cuz ur dumb

You dare subvert the elements?

Map moving sure, but why is it able to move in battle. It said that the engineers that build it flee so it should not be able to move in battle.

>magical boulders
>not magical

because you're antisocial

should all "immobile" pretenders be able to map move
They CERTAINLY should all have amphibious

Alright sounds fun. Is Pythium messed up by having both the weird pythium remake of summod and the extra spells from ME?

Niighon staled and has not sent in a .2h for the new turn either.

Some of the weaker ones perhaps, it would potentially be very annoying to fight against the immobiles which are capable of holding off armies by themselves.

no immobile pretender should be able to map move, due to being immobile.

immobile just means slow
the stutue of liberty moved across the atlantic

I mean common sense and all definitions disagree with you

Nope, the combination mod accounts for this and disables things that conflict.

There is a changelog with the combo mod explaining which bits of each mod were disabled for nations with conflicting changes like LA Pythium or MA Man.

His point was that even something that can't move on it's own can be moved with enough manpower.

There is evidence the stones from Stonehenge came from up to 150 miles away, so a Monolith being moved to an adjacent province could be feasible.

The difference there is that they had people moving the stones, the stones didnt move there on their own. As it stands the Monolith can only move via teleportation and that is why it is called immobile, If it could move even a province away it would not be immobile.

If they can posses willing targets, why not an engineering crew?

Although I don't think they should be able to. I guess it's possible in a sense but I don't think a pretender god would want to be dragged around like Romans plundering obelisks from Egypt. Same deal with demilich, which would actually be easy to transport.

>we wakfu now

Why cant a demilich just float under his own power?

MArvelous
Reminder to do your turns

Next turn due: 03:07 GMT on Monday September 11th
>Abysia Waiting for 2h file
C'tis 2h file received
Eriu 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
>Pythium Waiting for 2h file
R'lyeh 2h file received
>Ulm Waiting for 2h file

ring of levitation should give them MM1

That's not Nighon who staled, t. Nighon

I got the confirmation email and all.

Is the admin dead? Should we replace him?

The admin started dead.

Send an email to Llamabeast

Have you seen how long it takes just to build roads? Start your bridges in a EA game and maybe they will be done by MA.

Alright Im couping him then

Right, we now have an active admin. All requests go i the thread.

fucking sub or AI c'tis so we can play the fucking game

C'tis has been set AI.

bless u sir, bless u and ur family

+1 morale

>Admin is dead
>72 hour turns
>Snakes haven't done the last three turns and doesn't plan to do this one it seems
Can someone tell me why I joined this CURSED game?