Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

>Upcoming Events

Drawfag weekend : September 30th - October 1st
Theme : Rance IV

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/j7qZMZEu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeeeeesh

Also just noticed this

USED

The hottest scenes in rance VI were Elizabeth's

What the fuck? CK2 Rance but with ASoIaF shields and anime portraits with a new map.

Last thread went by fast

She is pretty hot yeah. Made the top ten from our poll on that.

I'd be willing to play that

Dead characters had a black border arpound their portrait. Although that info is pre Rance 9, so if any character died on it, i wouldn't be marked as dead yet.

It is the Rance Quest map.

It's Gilly.

Lore wise, how can you win a war against the youkai? SR already established that they never really die (e.g. Mamsume and 3G both die and come back in SR), so how can any battle be won?

They can actually permanently die.

Kentarou 1v1s all of them with Nikkou after someone spreads rumours that Masamune pinched Miki's ass.

Under what conditions?

I'm really skeptical of the idea. Even with consistent editing and a general agreement on how characters should be handed I think the end product would end up too inconsistent.

Given how you guys seem to be perfectly happy with the shit that is the Sengoku fan-translation I thought you'd prefer fast low-quality translations over waiting another decade for something official.

I never said i was an EOP.

I would rather go the way that helps support Alicesoft.

>I thought you'd prefer fast low-quality translations over waiting another decade for something official.
You thought correctly.

I'd rather have something mediocre now than not have anything at all.

If some hannines want to wait 4+ year for a translation they can do it on their own perogative, I want to play rance games.

The Sengoku translation has its flaws, mainly from the translator not caring about the lore of the series, but it's not a fast low-quality translation. It could be way worse.

Is the only thing stopping that you?

With that effort just learn Japanese to the level where you can play.

I'm good enough to read the games but I have no confidence in translating (plus can't be fucked putting in the effort - I have other shit to do).

If I remember correctly, you dispel the emotion that made them or something. So, if Nozomi was actually created by Rizna, she might actually be dead after 5D.

But she isn't, according to RWN, so she's just trapped in the well forever, I guess?

So then how can an army of men beat an army of youkai in a straight up battle?

They still have physical stamina. Rance defeated Masamune's wives to the point that they couldn't move. Masamune also mentions that many of their troops, all youkai, are dying in combat so it is possible to kill them. They're probably just sturdier.

Is Rance a bad person?

Which Leazas characters haniho thinks will appear and will be playable in X? Here is a list of characters:

pastebin.com/j7qZMZEu

All of the ones that are alive. Including Pulptenks' dad.

Playable

Lia + Harumaki
Maris
Kanami
Leila
Tilde
Julia
Barres
Yulan (someone at Alicesoft obviously likes her)
Hauren
Sioux
Cordoba
Rick
Menad
Ex
Alcott
Milli

then add Tenks, Nami, Patty and I-Com as appearing.

Canonically no.

Saves Leazas from a demon/Helman invasion
Succesfully reforms Zeth
Unites JAPAN
Saves the Kalars

Clearly he's a hero of justice

And brought down a corrupt Helman government as well.

>always eats and leaves without paying
>annoys all the other customers
>rapes me repeatedly
>makes me wear embarrassing outfits in public
>forces me to fight and risk my life in very dangerous battles, despite having no combat experience
>threatens to destroy my bar that I've spent my whole life building up if I complain or resist

Yes, he's the worst person ever.

>fought off demon and slav invasion of Leazas
>prevented the return of the Eternal Demon King
>Prevented Magical Steampunk Nazi's secret weapon from devastating the world
>crushed pedophile slave ring abusing orphaned lolis in Zeth
>destroyed the apartheid caste system in Zeth
>arranged for hundreds and thousands of refugees to be sheltered and fed
>fought off demon invasion of Zeth
>reunified JAPAN
>prevented the JAPANese genocide
>killed the demon haunting JAPAN for thousands of years
>invested in education in Leazas
>ensured the continuation of the Kalar royal family
>reduced Kalar rape by over 20,000 percent
>prevented Kalar genocide
>fought Magical Cyborg Hitler
>helped restore the rightful prince of Helman to the the throne of Helman
>brought democracy to Helman
>increased living standards in Helman by over 500%
>unified humanity

>increased living standards in Helman by over 500%
That's still not much.

They now have sauce to put on the rocks.

And you will continue doing so in Final Explosion Atago. Gahaha.

>allowed a serial rapist and torturer to escape justice
>endorses slavery
>started several wars to get his dick wet
>has raped countless women, including minors
>distracted young women from getting proper educations through repeated trespassing and harassment

Up until what age are people considered minors in the continent? Because I don't think they've ever mentioned something like that.

I would expect all the army commanders to at least appear.

I wonder if Ran even apologized to Bird for dismembering him.

Iff you're studying ffor an hour or two a day, every game will be translated by the time you will be be able to read fluently enough to enjoy rance series. If you're interested in something else, there is a point. I've started learning japanese myself solely for the reason to play rance games and when I actually had read all of them, I fellt pretty disappointing, I just read read VNs now basically because I like studying japanese and the language overall, if not that, I would've been really dispirited.

Learning solely for one series is never a good idea.

He's a bad person who does good things.

I didn't know she could be a party member. Hopefully she has employees to take care of the shop while she's out.

She is one of the best members you can get in the game, even.

Which serial rapist and torturer did he allow to escape justice? I'm also not sure which woman he keeps bothering, preventing her from getting a proper education.

She is a party member in Quest.

It's interesting how his impartial sense of morals (only treats well and cares about cute girls and when he isn't the one doing the harming) is what keeps him from fully becoming a villain. Because any actual villain would bring harm to people equally, or even if a select group of people like a race, it certainly wouldn't be divided by girls being cute or not, so end up in conflict with Rance.

Not really.
One of the best civillians, sure, but that's really not saying much.

She is useless for bosses, bbut she is very good for farming or clearing maps, especially in the higher worlds.

Her unique dancing skill makes her very useful to recover other characters movements and then take out of party. It's probably why she is so strong in X too, because of whatever form that unique skill takes on it.

Of course she only has that skill because Rance decided to use the lotion that teaches it on her.

To recover those other characters movemnets you have to sacirifice a slot you could have put another character into (someone useful enough so that the other chratcers would have used less movements), or you need to use stamina (and in that case you could have just switched your whole team with fresh characters).

I really don't see how she is supposed to be so great.

>Which serial rapist and torturer did he allow to escape justice?

Lia and probably many others like Satella. The correct response to crimes is a fair trial and proportionate sentencing, not one rapist playing judge, jury and execocktioner.

>I'm also not sure which woman he keeps bothering, preventing her from getting a proper education.

He attempted to harass many students at Paris Academy in 01. He also, depending on your actions, forces several schoolgirls into becoming commanders for the Oda army in Sengoku, putting them in serious danger because he desires their bodies sexually. Even if we didn't have cases of this happening we know almost for certain the would if he was near a school and would have to banned from being near them. Not a very good sign.

She probably never met him again after II/02, so I don't think she did. Still, hard to blame her when her opponent decided to take on a spellblade blind.

>forces several schoolgirls into becoming commanders for the Oda army
shit that never happened

I take it that the real world Isoroku didn't know his father very well if his father was 56 years old when he was born. If he was still alive in Isoroku's teenage years, I'd be surprised.

Nope. The shop is closed and she's earning no money while he's out, because of course he doesn't pay her despite being fairly rich and friends with the super rich. Meanwhile her valued customers are forced to go to other bars, some of whom never come back - they prefer the reliability and consistency of a bar which is open every night. So her business, once renowned as the best bar in all of CITY, slowly dwindles in popularity and liveliness, all the pretty women gone due to Rance's sexual harassment, all that is left is a half-empty bar of sad old men when Rance leaves.

She really should have gotten an ugly man attendant for when she's forced to leave her bar.

Japanese Wikipedia lists his father death on 1913, at 83-84 years old.

People die when they turn 70 or something?

user probably meant that back then it was rare for people to live that long.

It wasn't really that rare though

My guesses to what make the 4 civilian strong at the point where we don't know much about the system:

"Atago is strong" - probably a unique skill that will be a form of that maihime which makes her really good/useful
"on Zeth Martina is useful" - maybe she can generate food coupons while in Zeth? As in feeding you with her restaurant
"Heidi skill also is useful" - probably her bread stealing result in something good for you, like income, food coupons, or healing
"Doessky is extremely strong" - his writing skill may generate income, or maybe he writing and publicizing about your deeds he could raise morale or generate either medals or military gains.

All in all, seems like each character has an unique passive? skill, and considering who they listed as the strong, those skills makes more of a difference than combat capabilities.

It's pointless to speculate anything when know literally nothing about the gameplay.

Seems legit.

Like the other user said it's pointless to guess exactly what they do but it's easy to suspect that they have some quirky passive that turned out to be incredibly good.

I just want to beat up Kayblis and gang with a crazy-buffed Cessna that murders everything in her way with a Full-Strike attack.

Someone like Nelson could be really useful.

Will Bird be playable in X?

no

Rance meet his Final Explosion?

If Rance actually dies this thread will have a Final Explosion.

Yes, just as a joke character that is completely useless.

Considering this is an alternate universe where the Kalars died out, if there is a Reset in this universe, Rance might have died fighting to protect her or avenge her.

We'll end up changing our title from Alicesoft/Rance General to Alicesoft/Akuji General.

We still have other Alicesoft games to make this thread alive

Alicesoft/Feb General

Your autism is genuinely impressive rougafag.

I wonder how Reset ended up. Become angel or devil or just erased from existence?

Rance dying or not wouldn't really make the games in the series less fun, wouldn't really change the chances of remakes nor make a sequel more likely. This is an universe where they could easily make some excuse to bring the character back to life and continue if they wanted.

Plus qwith moutiple routes and ends, there should be some where he dies and some where he lives.

I'm definitely not the Rougafag, I purposely didn't choose Rouga because I thought he was a boring character. Not sure why I'm being called autistic either.

Devil Queen Reset

Looking forward to the multiple routes thing.

Because I thought you were rougafag since he's constantly bringing up Akuji or Rouga on everything completely unrelated. My bad.

What about Dark Rance(Zenigame)?

Feb still live

>This is an universe where they could easily make some excuse to bring the character back to life and continue if they wanted.
It literally isn't. The universe explictly establishes that souls are erased pos-death, making reincarnation impossible. It's only possible if someone died recently, since it means the soul wasn't formatted yet.

Try to guess Dark Rance's full name.
Feb____.

t. sheila

More like Lia's propaganda force

Febryan is my guess.

Lia doesn't have a propoganda force, that's a rumor spread by ill-meaning helmans.

What people think is her propoganda force is really just loyal and well-meaning citizens trying to correct the record.

Febrance.

Febsquirtle

t. Rougafag

Febreze.
He was a product placement all along.