Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIOMBc6E_MQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

play with yourself lol

SNIFF JACKO

Im so fucking ready for this guy. I wonder if he will influence the meta as hard as batgirl apparently did for I1. The teleport, the flight/ air harpoon seem like exactly what the game needs for faggots like supermen and deadshots

i post on /pol/ and play rashid and find ms. marvel's design cute. what now commie scum

bullet!

Juri has now won more matches in top 8 CPT Season 2 than Alex and Ryu have, securing her spot as not the worst in the game!

Hi, I'm just dominating many Top 8s until people will recognize how I'm slept over.

Are Birdie and Dhalsim both defensive, or was that user a jerkoff

BASED

Infiltration isn't sponsored?

Sad to see.

People know how good Rashid is, he is just hard to play well and does low damage.

INFIL DOING IT FOR HIS WAIF

They're both very defensive characters. Birdie is a wall of trash and fat, Dhalsim is about positioning and movement. They're also very strong in rushdown, oddly enough. Birdie has some of the best buttons in the game.

more like bullshit lmao

he is still covered in monster logos
it would be weird if he wasnt

Doesn't this type of comment undermine the importance of the players' skill and reduce the game into a "play whatever's busted to win" which obviously doesn't work?

Not really, but Guile can zone a bit at least.

I NEED to see my boy buffed next season

he's sponsored by Razer and Monster

Juri now has more Top 8 wins in CPT S2 than Alex and Ryu have appearances! Based Infiltration showing his waifu isn't the worst character! Waifu shitters who think she's the worst BTFO

Post bird combos

fuck off retard

yeah she is really strong now it is bullshit!

I think he's getting dropped by Razer
I thought he joined that monster gaming thing with Xian though?

das rite take the heat for me

this would only mean anything if Alex and Ryu had players on the same level as infiltration

they barely have players let alone players on that level

What happened?
youtube.com/watch?v=KIOMBc6E_MQ

>3 rashid
>1 juri
What a weird top 4

>Rashid mirror
>Both players get pumped up by the theme at the same time

Kuroda managed to make characters like Oro and Q work in 3S, making them win in many tournaments.

That didn't mean the characters weren't weak anymore.

Consistency is important.

Seriously why doesn't infiltration just pick Akuma?

tiers exist, but a lot of people don't think any of the bottom tiers can do anything at the pro level, which is also shown with how all the DLC characters have had better records than Ryu, Alex and Juri. it's nice to see that theory blown out a bit with someone doing work. It was the same with Bonchan and Nash but he fucking switched to Karin so it's a moot point.

because he is COMMITTED

He wants to represent Korea using a Korean character

someone nerf the theme already jesus

She's still a terrible character she's just less terrible than she used to be

he is so cool

That's retarded but I still hope he wins.

I wanted to work on my defense in Jive so I kept queueing up for casual and I wouldn't attack, just let the enemy hit me and try to block everything while teching throws - it helped a surprising amount.

I had a really bad habit of trying to throw out jabs but I got shit on bad by frametraps.

It still feels very stressful to be sat there blocking and blocking and blocking.

I need to learn when it's "my turn". I guess I'd do that by learning frame data so I know what's safe?

I don't give a fuck about this game until they release Hellboy.

>I guess I'd do that by learning frame data so I know what's safe?
yes

yes

Why do people hate mirror matches so much? it's the ultimate test of skill.

Leave Rashid to me.

Mirror matches can be really bad matches for the character. Rashid vs Rashid looks like a 6-4 at least for Rashid.

I play like this naturally, which is why I always get surprised when people say you can't play defensively in jive. But yeah, look at frame data and keep playing, you'll remember without actually thinking soon enough.

Who has the best/most consistent anti airs in Jive?

Not including EX moves

In my experience, for normals it's probably Birdie and for specials I like wingless airplane or regular ol srk

frame data is important but you also have to learn to be mindful of spacing.

Gachikun is too good

And that's why Gachikun is currently considered the best Rashid.

balrog

Necalli, Zangief, Cammy, Balrog, Dhalsim, Birdie, Ed

Ed probably has the best range of anti-airs in the game

Guile

I think people confuse "Defensively play" and "Defense"

Blocking, teching ,etc is all defense

When people want defensive play, they want zoning, footsies, anti air focused play. Less combo and more punish/poke/wait

Leave those marvel nerds to me.

could even be a 9-11 sometime.

Rashid too fast for Juri
Juri has no space to do her footsies

Something that's important to learn in jive is gauging if your opponent is going to give you a reason to tech or counterpoke. You'd be surprised by how many people who don't throw.

yeah i think that's accurate.

Player personality takes second place to character gameplan in SFV. Because in mirror match the two characters have generally the same gameplan, it always turn into a slugfest of headless chicken scramble because they both have the same ideal range against each other.

In 2 years there hasn't been a single "classic" must watch mirror match in SFV

Are there any true 50/50 situations in jive?

I'm surprised to see Rog and Ed. What is so good about them for aa?

lol

>it's another Juri getting raped on stream by sand nigger episode

rashid hp mixer is the single best anti-air in the game

Why is this bug so fucking smug?

What is Juri, a bottom 3 character, doing in a top 4?

Ed has 2 different anti air specials on 2 buttons and some pretty great normals for it

Balrog is almost impossible to jump in on because of how strong his normals are.

lots.

BASED INFILTRATION

This.

Mirror matches aren't just fun to watch anymore. Characters don't have that much of depth that allow them to be played differently from player to player, and that results in a very boring match.

If Infil loses this the terrorists win.

chillin

Infil got dat nationality synergy

It's a relatively FREE southeast asian 3rd world country tournament.

Like top 10 players in Japan doesn't come, neither is a single american/european. Not even SEA top doge Xian enter

Ed's Psycho Upper is not an AA.

Juri makes stupid fucking noises.

asserting her dominance as best of the worst. Alex and Ryu btfo. SFV is no place for old game protags

gachikun is top 5 in japan

when motherfuckers start pressing their normals really early it isn't. the anti-crossup utility is incredible obviously though.

I don't know - can you elaborate? sorry

ASA ASA ASA ASA

Anyone want to playbloo EU PC? I can play Izayoi, Nine, Jin, Tsubaki.

>Juri is bad
lmao?

it's not right for anime to be this sexy

Infilitration almost choking that set holy shit

>korean walks into SEA with shit character and gets to top 4

>people doubting infiltration
stop saying he's bad, he's using arguably a bottom 2 character and dominating a top 3

Rashid was a mistake

He's pretty good, I just don't like him because he's a whinny bitch.

Post Succ combos

>infil has to beat rashid 3 times in a row to win the event

Who doubted him? He's probably the best player of all time.

ONE DOWN

Only waifushitters think Juri is anywhere near bottom 5