/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Island Skullgirls Edition

>Skullgirls News
Beowulf and Peacock's origin chapters added to the mobile game

Update on the Skullgirls physical copy:
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/885310670086000641

>Indivisible News
Backer Beta Preview coming REALLY, REALLY SOON™

Ajna and Heruka statue update
indivisiblegame.com/2017/08/18/ajna-heruka-statue-update/
Yan
indivisiblegame.com/2017/08/07/yan-animation-gameplay/

E3 and Anime Expo stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=AHJUN-d9Wjg
youtube.com/watch?v=43S16FF5mJs
youtube.com/watch?v=RFdmlmbI9aQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AEeY-0DYQE

Indivisible backers, if you need to update your mailing info or anything else please do so on BackerKit
labzerogames.com/important-notice-for-all-backers/

>Beginner Stuff
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242

>Public (NOT /lzg/) Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums for Indivisible and CONSOLE Skullgirls
skullheart.com

>Official Forums for Skullgirls MOBILE
forum.skullgirlsmobile.com

>Official Indivisible Tumblr
indivisiblerpg.tumblr.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kurumu-2nd.tumblr.com/post/165177613351
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64897020
strawpoll.me/13903354
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they made her out of fuckin screenshots!

it's called collage

Would you guys like less restands and more otgs

only one otg per combo is fine, I think

you can even see where they forgot to lasso those spots behind her neck and under her chin!

Are you expecting quality?
It's a bootleg game that looks like a shitty 90's pre-rendered platformer

they could have at least tried bootlegging the compendium first is all I'm sayin.
would have made their whole job muuuuch faster!

I wonder how well hidden the secret bosses are going to be in the backer preview

I think you're underestimating how stupid they probably were

that's why it's hilarious dude.

when you realize, it took some guy way more thought and energy to make that sprite, to make that game, than even the best nancy edit we've seen here.
what a world we live in!

It's also kind of amusing that, not only did they not rip the sprites, but they actually decided to make an "original" character with the screenshot rips.

I mean, Painwheel and Ms. Fortune? Of all the characters in the game to combine. Why them?

exactly! what was this guy thinking? what did he imagine this game as?

like aeris adventures was just lazy sprite trace, and deadly airport was obviously to trick gullible FGCers, but what was even the goal of Island Skullgirl?

maybe it really is part of a giant Brain Drain scheme.

I think the current restand to OTG setup is fine. one OTG is plenty in general.
in terms of SG2, with the proposed 150 undizzy and higher superjumps, doing a good air to ground combo into restand would probably take more hits and require your opponent to reset not long after the first restand.

I want to protect Island Skull Girl's smile

I wish I had someone to tell me annoying puns every time we talked.

Do any other SGs use puns

Cerebella seems to like her puns too.

kurumu-2nd.tumblr.com/post/165177613351

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64897020

she has painwheel's head.
Island Skullgirls doesn't smile

Don't forget that Cerebella is best and purest girl and there is literally no way to dispute any of these facts.

I want to ______ Cerebella while Vitale isn't looking.

Murder?

Rescue

from Eliza?

Is Squigly like
Good

Stancels don't seem like my kinda thing and I'm not smart/dedicated enough to make something interesting out of the character

yes

In my experience squigly can get fucked over by projectiles and zoners. Parasoul and Peacock are really difficult matchups for me.
Guess that's the importance of center stage, though.

kissu

yell "SLUT!" at

I started learning other fightan a while ago and man Mike's name pops up everywhere
He really likes fightan and it shows honestly

well hes been in this shit since the early 90s

You guys like Parasoul?

strawpoll.me/13903354

what's this?

whats this for

winner gets drawn a lewd by some artist

what artist?

How do you guys feel about the Medici Mafia as villains?
Like, even though they're responsible for a good a amount of terrible shit done to most of the cast (Big Band, Ms. Fortune, Peacock, Marie, Squigly, possibly Filia and Painwheel, they bankroll Eliza and are part of why Cerebella is a bit messed up) they just don't feel compelling at all. Especially compared to Lab 0, Eliza, The Trinity and Double

Yeah they're not very compelling by themselves. If they get fleshed out unlike the ones marie has under her command they should be good tho

"thakewn"

I think part of the problem is that they're just organized crime, when we have actual god-like characters running around (Eliza, Double, Marie and potentially other parasite hosts) or just plain old super powered characters (Brain Drain, the rest of the ASG soldiers). Their only claim to power was formerly possessing the life gem and having a few former Lab Members on payroll (Dahlia and Tom).

They work fine as first-act villains, and not much else.

we technically haven't even moved past the first act, though.
Just seams of "could haves" with plot armor in full effect for the central character.

more indivisibles in skullgirls style

if you're not stancelin' you're not squiglin'

That's my point. Once we actually get the canon story and move on they'll be fazed out. All we have now are potential ends.

???

thoughts?

depressing
poor painwheel

what did painwheel wear aside from her leotard

I want a custom SG arcade stick

Center stage into SBO ruins a zoners, especially Robo. That and charged Tremblo are here only real anti-zoning tool though, so the matchup still sucks if you don't have the resources.

Maybe Double is Lamia, but the Mother and Lamia are not the same person, so Lamia in her monstrous form struck a deal with the Mother to get her daughters back from the abyssal hellscape the Great Mother inhabits in exchange for ending the world.

I don't think Alex is too serious about the lore.

speculating shit is fun though
gotta talk about something for the next five years until Deadly Airport is announced

inb4 another backer preview delay

Skullgirls prequel when?

Skullgirls Mobile

I meant an actual prequel that takes place during the war with Nancy as the Skullgirl, not small quips that slightly expand the events of the first game

wew

sounds like a pain in the ass if they're trying to make that into a game

That's my theory too. I just don't feel like Double's conviction for the Skullheart and vengeance could be shared with the Great Mother. Otherwise Great Mother, powerful as she must be, would logically just handle everything herself.

The Skullheart just looks like an otherwise unnecessary step, more like a terms of engagement sort of thing. Maybe Mother promises Lamia that she and her daughters can start fresh if she can manage to get humanity to destroy itself. So then, Double/Lamia goes through the process of making everyone's lives on earth miserable so there's always somebody ripe to wish on the Skullheart and potentially be "the one" that can blow the world up.

Otherwise, I just figure the Mother at the top of this hierarchy is like a Zeno type character that has just been nonchalantly enjoying herself all this time and doesn't really care what happens one way or the other.

So basically, the Mother doesn't care. And maybe the whole thing is supposed to be a "Deal with the Devil" kind of thing. She, for shits and giggles, manipulates Lamia, and to some extent Venus and Aeon (at least to the extent that they're aware of the deal as hinted by Robo Fortune's story) into creating havoc on Earth just so that MAYBE Lamia can have her daughters back.

The Skullheart itself, seems to share Double's sentiments though. As shown in Eliza's story, since it flips the fuck out at her.

I guess its also possible the the Trinity isn't actually all that powerful, so that's why they're collectively biding their time until the threads of fate join.

It may also be possible that Lamia (who was likely a parasite user like Aeon and Venus) became essentially inseparable from her parasite, much like Eliza and Sekhmet.
Which would naturally be the source of Double's shape shifting abilities as well as bloodlust.

Or hell, maybe Double IS a remote parasite.

They'd have to make an entirely new cast of characters, and as we all know, new content for skullgirls is expensive and takes a long time to make.

And I'd rather not have just info dumps, either. I like a little game behind my DEEPEST LORE

Maybe Double is Lamia's mind, the Skull Heart is her soul, and Gehenna is her body (and kingdom).

You guys don't actually care about this lore shit.

Nobody here seriously plays Skullgirls. Nobody here ever tries to discuss the gameplay. Nobody gives a shit about the mobile game. Indivisible art streams are barely worth discussing, as they rarely showcase a new character or gameplay. The most on-topic posts we get are people posting streams, which are usually just Alex trying to get EU SG more viewers.

Until we get actual news there is no point in having a general. On the rare occasion that a new Skullgirls player comes to ask for help, either
a) Someone just tells them to join the Discord, or
b) Someone who doesn't play the game gives very wrong advice.

Backer beta is soon, which is nice, but it isn't out and there's no real ETA thanks to fucking consoles.

It's maddening seeing this place being kept alive by pity bumps alone. Please just let it die until we get real news on Indivisible.

>The Skullheart itself, seems to share Double's sentiments though.
Well I think the Skullheart is Lamia too. Like said, Double, the Skullheart, Gehenna could all be pieces Mother broke Lamia into in order to give Lamia the toolkit to perform her deed. She'd basically be turned into the most convoluted parasite arrangement ever.

>I guess its also possible the the Trinity isn't actually all that powerful
Yeah,I feel like that's has be the other side of it. Maybe they locked themselves away and need prayers and sacrifices in order to regain their power.

In general, I feel like there's just gotta be a reason Eliza never seemed concerned that she got on Lamia's bad side, or is even really all that fearful of Double. There's just no way Lamia/Double is tapping into the seemingly limitless well of power that we know the divine versions of Venus and Aeon have. Otherwise you'd think they'd have all killed Neferu on the spot as soon as she resurfaced. There's gotta be a split somewhere.

Don't tell me what I do and don't care about, and try to tell me I don't play this game. You don't know me.

>b) Someone who doesn't play the game gives very wrong advice.
Example please? Maybe you can be helpful.

Post thirty seconds of yourself doing something at an at least intermediate level in training mode.

feel free to leave at any time

I wouldn't care to see this general die until we get more news, whatever.

But fuck you and your assumptions, bitch. Fucking leave if you want to.

Victory!

>tfw thread killed by bad vibes

>play skullgirls seriously
>still come here to shitpost

And nothing you do will stop me.

The only thing you got right is that the backer preview is soon

so who do you think is the best SG or Indivisible overall?

>The only thing you got right is that the backer preview is soon
That doesn't sound right to me...

It's coming out in just 2 more weeks, that's pretty soon.

What's taking so long with the PS4 physical version ? Step it up Sony I'm in a shelter though, now I remember I preordered this

Ajna is my favorite labzero, both as a design and concept. I'm glad she's getting a full game and not left in the prototype graveyard.

but since her story hasn't been fully developed yet, I think the overall most compelling LZ character right now is peacock.
I feel like everything that defines lab zero's games, themes, inspirations, is kind of represented through her. and her backstory.

it's that morbid but cute storytelling, with a dark sense of humor, mixing western and eastern design with twisted mythological and real world inspirations, and tons of in-jokes and references. it's all peacock.

even in terms of gameplay balance, where she always seems to tow the line for people on whether she's godly unstoppable, or precariously hard to win with, depending on your approach.

I think Peacock's a freaking awesome character design yeah

Can't play her for shit tho, mostly

Peacock and Fillia are the poster girls of Skullgirls.

Peacock got that classic western look while Fillia got the eastern.

One focuses on the modern problems of the world, while the other goes into the ancient lore.

Overall in regards of tone Filia is a character that goes through a pretty lighthearted story with dark implications, while Peacock is has incredibly morbid story made a lighter by the character itself.

They are two sides of the Lab Zero design coin.

same here, but I certainly appreciate her.
I definitely think she's the LZ character that's guaranteed to still be on people's Top100 video game characters lists 10 years from now.

damn that's a good point.

Kind of reminds me that my favorite SG was more or less an after thought to the whole process. Probably wasn't going to be even playable initially.

who, nigga

I'm going to watch maxout

did you read the LRG e-mail update? they're still hoping to start shipping PS4 version at the end of this month.

they got tied up in production because the Sony factory's been printing a lot of new release stuff for fall.

Why would they put the names and scores there, fuck

Also
>that stage
>those colors
He deserves it

At this point i don't even fucking how WHERE that shit is gonna be shipping

what's the schedule on that? what channel? I haven't been able to follow a lot of the weekend streams lately.

Double, my man. The recycling bin for animations, probably the last character of the original 8 to be added. IIRC both she and Valentine were late additions, Squigly being put on for "villain" characters. And I remember reading something about during development there were two boss characters, obviously Marie and what was likely Double.

Though she's at least one of the strongest characters from a gameplay perspective.

>Why would they put the names and scores there, fuck
this was 10 seconds into the first match of the tournament so they were using the same overlay from the last game

twitch
.tv/videos/173556107

first tournament match for skullgirls on the stream I mean

>Squigly being put on
*on hold

you have to e-mail LRG directly to get a shipping address change. better do it fast.

have it mailed to a relative.

yeah i thought so
>Though she's at least one of the strongest characters from a gameplay perspective.
fucking catheads