/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 5] ntrboot_flasher now supports magnethax from at least 9 cards. github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/maorninja/Follow-up-Guide/wiki/Convert-.3ds-to-.cia
instagram.com/evy_rosas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the deal with playstationhax vs hackinformer?

Bought a 5.5.2 WiiU off a guy today, not console or miiverse banned - I want to put EVERYTHING WiiU,Wii,GC,N64 on it so where do I start?

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worht waiting for

OMG SAMUS HAS RETURNED. SOMEONE UPLOADED IT ON THAT SITE, YOU KNOW THE ONE. in 5 hours

If the VC games are from uTik, stick them in the same folder as other games iirc. It's been awhile since I installed a game on my Wii U though so I'm not 100% sure which folder that is, I assume the one called install if that exists.

Read the recent news.

>DS ROM loading from SD was not worht waiting for
neither was waiting for a new thread to post this if that's your spelling ability.

>5 hours

oh man botw leak was really fun

I take the Wii VC injection on Wii U doesn't work with WiiWare?

I like the thread, OP.
Only thing missing is Metroide Edition.

You taked right.
Is there something uploaded yet?
I want to test.

Fuck, WiiWare on gamepad would have been nice.

Don't even tell me, I am dreaming with Castlevania and Contra Rebirth on gamepad.

Freeshop crashes my 3ds on exit. It installs the games just fine and everything works but it crashes when going back to main menu which is mildly annoying. Why is this?

Reminder that Metroid: Samus Regresó was not worth waiting for.

If you exit by pressing Start, right?

I just circunvent that pressing Home and then closing with X.

Will switch dns let me go on eshop on 3.0.1?

Duh I feel dumb now.

Thanks user.

I downloaded the game it´s also called (FakeSign) dunno what it means. I put it into root/install/game. I press B on hachi, go to wup and I only see install folder but can´t change it.

Where is my mistake?

i installed adrenaline 6.61, i set the memory stick to uma0/pspemu or whatever its called, i copy the eboot.pbp or .iso file inside that folder, and the adrenaline psp emu still says there are no games on memory, altough it sees the usb drive itsself. what am i doing wrong?

*update: moved psp iso to iso folder, now its working fine. Still cant find out how to launch a psone game tho. which formats are supported by adrenaline, and where do i place the file? does it go to iso folder as well?

hw do I convert 3ds to cia por favor

I'll tell if you leak metroid, you Mexican

github.com/maorninja/Follow-up-Guide/wiki/Convert-.3ds-to-.cia

I only know how to do leak if learn how to do convert 3ds to cia

I think GodMode9 can do that?

excelente. gracia

There, now pls leak metroid pot favor in five hours

>Samus returns will be the most pirated 3ds game

I actually live on the border of Canada sorry man.

help

I just want to play the legend of zelda nes

can I use ftpd to update from a9lh to b9s or do I need to take the SD card out of the 3ds?

You lied to me, how could you not leak it in five hours

Yeah no, that title will always belong to Pokémon.

yeah, just put the files in the right place

Well it will be the most pirated Metroid game, glad the series will finally be dead

Finally got it! Leak once I finish out how to dump the cart, guys. Should only take about 5 hours.

You could've just said you were a retard who doesn't even know what the GBA is, alternatively.

No, that will be Metroid Prime 4.

Don't have the /game part, just dump the files from inside the game folder into the install folder. See if that does anything.

Wow, cool holy shit!!
Now fuck out of here

Keep me posted.

>gba
lol

did it and it did nothing.

Put it back into the game folder I suppose and take a pic of your tv screen so I can have a look.

What are the best Dreamcast homebrew games?

Sormanu: Age Chaos is asolute GOTY.

Literally no results for that come up in Google.
Got a link?

I also downloaded another game put it into install and it didn´t show.

It just looks like pic related, but there is only install and if I press dpad up/down it doesn´t change.

You might want to redownload/update WUPhax. Does your setup on your SD look like this?

You should know that program really hates unusual characters, any pokemon game for example is going to piss it off because of the naming convention, rename the directories to something short and simple and for fucks sake one installable title per folder inside the install folder.
If it still doesn't work it's pretty much your fault by then, or the card.
Also if you didn't run sig patching beforehand that shit is not going in, thats what fakesign means, the signature is broken. It's sometimes useful to not run sig check when installing base games or updates so you can verify the files are good but thats only if the tickets legit.

it looks like this.

I always start haxchi before anything

>wiiu
Compare your filepath to mine. Fix it.

yes, finally glad ALL of nintendo's IPs are easy, casual trash

Holy shit I am a retard. thank you user. I thought they only read the wiiu folder and take it as their "root"

Five hours are over. Where's the game?

You're welcome user, have fun.

when metroid REEEEEEEEEEE

another five hours

five days

Why hbg is always filled with underaged virgin fags?

So can I use my legal save file + game and install illegal DLC with upcoming vitamin 3.0?
I want to finish DT2 soon.

Yep, it's all good.

Because you won't leave.

Daaaamn you're right

>n64 emulation for 3ds never ever

It's not even going to happen for Vita. 3DS is simply too weak and Vita would need some crazy hacks.

So, you can't access the Makina dungeon on Meruru Plus, right?

Reminder that a Mexican gamergirl owns Samus Returns

instagram.com/evy_rosas/

>spotted the trigegred boi
get the fuck out on /v/

If I compliment her hair enough, will she be friends with me.

>Mexican here. Let me explain that picture. That girl is the "reviewer/public image" of Gameplanet, the biggest and most disgusting store here in Mexico. Streetdate hasn't been broken, it also has an embargo here. She just got it for reviewing purposes.

>dry spell of metroid games
>new one comes out
>cia when!
Stop it stop killing the game industry assholes

I used FTPD when I did it. Be warned, transferring all the files will take something like an hour.

I don't give a fuck for the industry.
If games stopped being made at all starting today, there would be enough games already released to play in my entire life.

>frogposter

Stop killing Metroid, MercurySteam.

#BOYCOTTLUMA
#HOPEFORCAKES

>metroid not leaked because snowflake-kun enjoys knowing that others cannot play

Isn't that almost every leaker ever?

>waaaah a bunch of poorfag virgins are killing my beloved franchise!
Remember when /hbg/ killed BotW?

>finally get a new comp
>excited to mod my games and homebrew shit finally, mainly Sm4sh
>find out some dumbfuck Twitchtards got the Kernel exploit killed with 5.5.2 by setting up a modded tourney for some fraud streamspic
>worked my ass around it by doing sleepii and getting a dump going
>kept stalling at the dt01 file because of a tiny smudge on the disc
>finally got Sm4shExplorer up, want to add more music first
>SmashCustomMusic was torn down for supposed technical glitches
>Twitter account claims it'll be back up really soon since 9/2
>nothing but a fucking giant "pls donate" ad
>radio silence on Twitter account
Why do dedicated Smashtards ruin everything they touch?

Yoshio Sakamoto killed Metroid.
I will not purchase a single Metroid game where Sakamoto is directly involved with development.

He had good ideas, and then he had other oof
Now he's getting the people that killed castlevania to kill Metroid as well
I'm not spending money so they can ruin it further

except so far every journalist and youtuber loves it? You fucking morons. If anything, you are the ones ruining metroid

>except so far every journalist and youtuber loves it?
That's pretty worrisome, actually. A good Metroid would have them throw tantrums over their ineptitude, even though Metroid was never hard.

>>find out some dumbfuck Twitchtards got the Kernel exploit killed with 5.5.2 by setting up a modded tourney for some fraud streamspic
You sure? Also, can you mod Tr4sh into a good game yet?

One of the journalist previews I read had lines such as "fast travel points are a welcome addition to the classic Metroid formula" and "the melee counter shakes things up in a good way".

In reality fast travel takes away from the movement-based level design of Metroid and melee counters will turn the pacing of the game into a reactionary passive affair if it's effective at all. In Super Metroid you'd reach the end of the game and you'd be literally flying through the entire map, that movement progression is not compatible with fast travel points. Now imagine that every enemy you encounter requires you to stop in your tracks, watch its movements, then counter and get a "cool" cutscene to instakill it. Yeah, really matches the fast-paced movement action of Metroid.

Thanks Sakamoto, thanks MercurySteam.

Whats particuarly interesting about the SR titlekey is the shop cache doesn't like it even though it has region info and such which is usually it's main complaint.
Whats also interesting is the script is already designed to try each countrycode if it doesn't know which one it's meant to use and still manages to fail a few titles.
In short scraping the eshop is a clusterfuck and SR won't appear in the cache without manual intervention unless they give it a good kick.

>fast travel points are a welcome addition to the classic Metroid formula
I guess Metroid was too videogamey for the spaniards. Jesus Christ. What's next, voiding combat with a very forgiving count- oh.

In the IGN podcast: "At the beginning I was melee countering everything, by the end I never countered at all"

You just know the harder difficulties will be all about carefully countering every enemy over and over again because it's just virtually impossible to kill them on the offensive. I'm sure that won't get old at all.

I will buy European Special Edition if I can find it not scalped. Still downloading though.

How does the fast travel system in Samus Returns work?

I imagined it kinda like the one in Symphony of the Night where there are a handful of fixed positions on the map that you can just teleport to once you discovered them, and I was okay with that system

I think the GameSpot preview said that countering is discourage late game due to the more unpredictable enemy AI

Metroid 2 isn't like the other games, its a linear set of areas. Imagine backtracking from area 8 back to 2.

Is EasyRPG able to run Yume 2kki and .flow?
I heard Yume Nikki works

It works like SOTN, but SOTN didn't have movement progression except a few shapeshifting abilities to get past obstacles, Metroid is much more focused around getting Samus to move faster and in crazier ways. In Metroid you naturally move through the map faster as you get more abilities, this combined with clever shortcuts in the interconnected map works very well and fast travel points take away from it. Fast travel also encourages designers to make each area as its own standalone level, as opposed to a single entity.

It's been 5 hours and Samus Never Returned!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!