/xcg/ - XCOM General

Regal Edition

Previous escaped ruler:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pistols are useful

covert ops are OP

Pistols are gay

All vipers must fucking die

pistols are situational

are reapers SHIT still?

Is it worth me buying the expansion?

I enjoy Xcom 2 but haven't finished it yet

Here's a fun pistol fact: bluescreen rounds affect the turrets and the battery in the Chosen Avenger assault.
Pistols are useful.

>148 aim

Nice desu

Then finish the game you knob
Do you need people to convince you to wipe after you take a shit

vipers OUT

I didn't finish the game until WotC came out, it added so much it actually kept me interested the whole time now

Advent needs repeaters.

I'm about to buy the game, would you recommend modding out the mission timers or doing a few missions with them on?

Is this the kind of posts we'll get on sundays

>XCOM sneks made you a degenerate scalifag

>I'm about to buy the game, would you recommend modding out the mission timers or doing a few missions with them on?
Don't play the game for your first time with any major gameplay change mods. The base game is good without. Go for Quality of life mods and cosmetics. Once you understand how the game works, then you can start crafting your own experience.

You mean you were always a scalefag but you don't try to hide it with xcom.

Why isn't the hunter attacking anyone else? Only time I activated him in a mission he was grappling around like crazy, shooting at my guys with his rifle every turn, hitting for 6-9 every time regardless of cover. Also rolled immune to explosives and return fire, stayed in good cover away from flanks. Everyone was gravely wounded by the time I grabbed the vip and fucking legged it. Threw everything at finding his home and fucked him there to avoid encountering him anywhere else ever. Made the other chosen look like total scrubs. Still avoiding missions in his territories after that one time.

How do I get the extra game play options on XB1, does WotC add in the commander's choice options?
>no WotC yet

I don't get the hatred of vipers, they are fun to fight lower mid tier enemie with a slick design that calls back to classic xcom

He depends too much on getting the right map. If he's lucky, he can be horrific, yeah.

When did you run into him? If you start with him he can be very aggro, my first mission with him was very rough.

Furry

With the right circumstances and elevation he'll do tranq shots from far away and grapple to crit your units with flank shots
he's definitely not as much a joke as people say

>destroy relay map in the sewers
>7 turns
>have to dash 3 turns to even get close, not even in LoS
>every pod is just patrolling around the relay
you ever get one of those campaigns the game is just screaming for you to lose

That was a fucking Very Difficult retaliation indeed

But they have no fur...

But why...?

I wish I could see that. The most he's done is throw some dazing grenades. He's shot at me once but it missed.

Not that user... what the hell? It's not even humanoid, what sort of twisted attraction is this?

So does anyone know if they are going to do yet another round of DLC for the expansion or is the game "finished" now?

It's called " degeneracy"

An unfortunately common disease best cured with napalm

not even jake knows

I heard rumors of a weapons pack but I think the core game is finished barring little touches like finishing unfinished content.

I'm pretty sure it's finished. I'm expecting patches, nothing else.

You posted the exact fucking reason all vipers need to die.

I'd assume it's finished. Jake is this close to starting on XCOM 3 either way.

Post best cosmetic workshop/mods

>Install mods just because i'm curious about that bikini shit i see posted all over
>Start a new campaign
>This happens

Shit most of my female recruits are gonna be thots

That they are sexy?

Thanks lads

No, degeneracy.

>user never read the Harkness test

>You must submit before the true enemy appears

What did the Warlock mean by this?

Who is the soldier you miss the most?

This isn't doctor who or star trek you moron, this is xcom and in xcom, alien=evil, there is no such thing as a good alien in this game, nor will there ever, the only solutions are final.

Does a cutscene play after you take out the second chosen with the Elders yelling at the survivor or did they only have one for the first kill?

>make a Psi Operative
>give her custom Shodan voice
>proceed to fall in love

That you're going to learn to hate seafood sooner or later.

Jane Kelly...

Only a cut-scene for the first unfortunately

the elders arent really ethereals but supplanted them and took on their image and are now tricking everybody into thinking they are the ethereals, the warlock swallowed this red pill but pretends otherwise to their faces

xcom 3 will prove me right

More ranting about the obvious bigger bads for the sequel

Humans can love aliens and vice versa!

>there is no such thing as a good alien in this game
With skirmishers being a thing now I'm not SO sure, actually.
It irks me a bit too, I feel like that's a bit of a betrayal of a core concept of these games.

Damnit, I left the Hunter for last so that I could watch him get bullied again

>6 fucking Sectoids all next to each other in May
what the fucking shit why can't I get as lucky as the fucking quickdog

>bigger bads for the sequel
next xcom game will follow the win timeline

Its called Beageluck for a reason

Apocalypse did it 20 years ago

Mod for the GSG9 helmet?

Don't get me wrong, on paper I'm cool with peace with aliens, but xcom has always taken a very binary tone to this sort if thing. Granted seeing it explored with the skirmishers is interesting but after setting in place the rather guilt free murder sprees its a tonal leap from to go from "they aren't even human" too "clones are people too, let's free the slaves" granted it helps that the skirmushers themselves are badass and don't get remotely squeamish about the need to gun down their own kind in order to possibly free others later, so at least they never felt dumb about it.

>Japanese ranger has been carrying the team
>give her custom Japanese voice
>laughs maniacally after kills
Oh my.

>Wanting to fuck aliens that larp as old chinks
Disgusting.

Ahh yes, the mutant league, again explicitly hybrids, that touch of human is what matters it seems, meanwhile the cult of sirus which advocated peace with the aliens are depicted as suicidal ass clowns

As one user already noted, skirmishers are inspired directly from the original games, don't get your panties in a twist.
Now the Commander potentially being an ethereal, that shit would be annoying. Hopefully that isn't a thing.

yes, bench those fuckers

Only templars are allowed and sometimes skirmishers.

Does putting upgrades on a sniper effect the pistol?

no

>meanwhile the cult of sirus which advocated peace with the aliens are depicted as suicidal ass clowns
Well no shit, they are insane. There is zero evidence the ayys want peace.

>accepting ayy clone bags over pure human stock
The first step to race trechery

no but using ammo types affects both weapons

Honestly, don't be a pussy.
The mission timers have never been much of an issue. They might add a little bit of urgency and force you to open a crate instead of taking a shot, but that's it.
The real issue with the base game is that once you learn the ropes the ai is too easy. But there are mods that make them push your shit in without being bullet sponges.

Exactly. No alien wants peace they all have to be exterminated before they kill us, all of them

Well that was kinda the case in one I found, especially when I could blitz interrogations to get beam and plasma super early

11 fucking units on a 7 turn destroy relay that are all several tiles from each other and then another 3 units from reinforcements literally on top of my troops and it's only May, Legend is so much more bullshit than vanilla it's absurd

I have an addiction to cosmetic mods xcg
I NEED MORE
GIVE ME THE BEST YOU HAVE

even the lewd ones

What pissed me off about the elders is that they aren't even trying to save their species, they freely discarded their own genes to get their shiny human 2.0 bodis instead. They were only trying to gain personal immortality for themselves. They talk such a big game but it's just a pack of old geezers willing to murder billions so they can live a little longer

The lewd ones are all compiled in one directory at the end of the /xcg/ pastebin so now you always know where they are

>What pissed me off about the elders is that they aren't even trying to save their species,
This post don't make no sense. If genociding billions, just so that you can construct a vessel to contain your consciousness since they medically can't maintain their bodies anymore isn't an attempt to save your race, I don't know what is.

>outdated

I said the bottom of the /xcg/ pastebin user, this one: pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4
Nothing out of date

There's a new second wave option that doubles mission timers. Basically makes them irrelevant.

>tfw sticky bomb+claymore+remote detonation

They aren't saving anyone outside their small kabal, they don't give a shit about their own race and are just ascending themselves

Was a TFTD sequel actually confirmed anywhere?

I don't think they've been capable of having children for a long time. The entire surviving race is composed of old geezers.

>their own race

Nigga the elders are their own race
They're not sectoids

>they don't give a shit about their own race and are just ascending themselves
I really don't know what you are trying to say.
>They aren't saving anyone outside their small kabal
They are the kabal user

It's just a reasonable guess, just like saying it might also be apocalypse, or TFTD and apocalypse mixed.

But what of others outside their personal kabal, or is this some last of their kind bullshit

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN

Are they going to do TFTD 2.0 without it being utterly ridiculous ?

Read nigga, watch the cutscenes yeesh. Yes they are the last of their kind (sort of). There are others, but they managed to actually ascend into beings of pure energy and left these losers to stew in their own misery and malice.

Bradford also mentions attacking their worlds. Which could be neat, but I like fighting in gas stations and places like that.

That was part of what turned me off Apoc, XCOM 2 strikes a really fine line with the aesthetic

Yeah the uber at the end of EU2012 was talking about how the ethereals we see failed to ascend to some higher form or something.

>no more fighting in gas stations
>all fighting now takes place in Elon Musk's Elerium Car Charging Stations

Legit can't wait to bust into some alien nursery and go full school shooter on em desu