/hg/ - Halo General

#345 - NFL Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>SPV3 is now publicly available for free download on PC
- the entire Halo CE campaign re-imagined with new areas, enemies, and features
- Downloading is free and only requires a working version of Halo Custom Edition
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/chasing-shadows

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5n8ahjrkLpR8_7fjOKxZYSCJ0RYsEA6ExAqqU4VOBv1U3jw/viewform?usp=sf_link
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtu.be/7rCJ96YXV8Y
halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=2881
halotupolev.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-comparison-review-and-analysis/6/
youtu.be/l59MaLXJ2-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI
youtube.com/watch?v=YY5qV1rZR3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember that time we all changed our armor to athlon, changed our tags to "hut" with one "hike", and only tackled enemies? That was a fun time.

I miss active /hg/ ;_;

>Kansas City "Chiefs"

Not at our prime right now, but we're considerably active compared to earlier this year.
Hell, that last thread just hit bump in 2 days

same thoughts as it kickstarted forge massively. it deserves a lot of credit, even though nobody used it.

3's forge was beta forge
Reach's was normal forge
2A's was the beta new forge
5's is the new forge

I can't see her as Cortana anymore. it's just a crazy evil villain hologram lady now.
can you ever see her saying something like this ever again: "oh... I didn't realize. he's your pal, is he? your chum? do you have any idea what that bastard almost made you do!?"

I remember being heavily outmanned when it came to saying Halo 4 was shit at the time.
definitely sperged a few times saying that I was pissed that they removed so many things from the franchise.

custom games was fucking dire on 4. it hurt my soul.
spawning with a plasma grenade in matchmaking... fuck me...

This would look better with an edit to have the halo skybox

I don't get the joke desu

/hg/ plays halo when

Red said he would host again tonight

Reminder to vote
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5n8ahjrkLpR8_7fjOKxZYSCJ0RYsEA6ExAqqU4VOBv1U3jw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Go look at the banshees on the boxart of Halo CE.

Kek

Yes, but I don't know when.
Maybe in 45 minutes to an hour.

Damn, how badly is Powerhouse going to get straight up fisted in the ass?

I'm always down for a good game of FOOTBALL if you want to get a game going for pubstomping

Does Halo 4 deserve the hate?

Yup as It did the campaign and multiplayer wrong. Somehow the campaign story was even worse than 3

did 4 do anything right?

the cutscenes were high quality?
that's about it.

>fucked the artstyle sideways
>elaborated on lore that should have been explored
>elaborated that lore poorly
>mostly-terrible soundtrack
>removed tons of custom game and forge options
>near-impossible challenges just for minor cosmetics
>paid cosmetics
>everything to do with the season pass
>spartan ops
>bullet sponge campaign
>took everything about armor abilities and loadouts from reach and made them worse
Yes.

Honest thoughts on Halo: Anniversary?

Multiplayer and aesthetic wise yeah. The art style was only good at some parts (Composer and Midnight) and the design for the Forerunners and new Covenant was absolutely braindead.
Storywise, with the exception of the fifth mission going full retard and Andrew Del Rio, no. It's a well plotted action story with some decent character moments. Pretty much the only problem is that it doesn't share the series' mysterious aesthetic.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #345.
The featured map is "Dispatch"

>Previous 50 threads
#344 - Late Summer Glow #343 - 343 Industries #342 - Superintendent #341 - YapYap the Destroyer #340 - Flash Flood #339 - Halo needs another anime desu
#338 - SPV3
#337 - Compromise
#336 - And now it begins
#335 - Action Figures
#334 - Veto
#333 - Updated Pastebin
#332 - The Big Chill
#331 pt. 2 - Press F for Serina
#331 pt. 1 - Serina
#330 - Operation Spearbreaker
#329 - The Longest Night
#328 - Final Four
#327 - Summer Celebration
#326 - And it was all going so well
#325 - Summer Content
#324 - Inane Arguments
#323 - Jesus falls for the third time
#322 - Fucking WHY?
#321 - Technical Difficulties
#320 - Awakening the Nightmare
#319 - Post Tournament Vacation
#318 - Icons of War
#317 - At least do it right
#316 - We are still here
#315 - Never Give Up
#314 - Final
#313 - Xbox One X
#312 - E3 2017
#311 - Imagine Being Chief in this Scene
#310 - SGT Johnson
#309 - 16-Bit
#308 - 8-Bit
#307 - Banished
#306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Oh boy I sure do love getting spawncamped!!!

I use new more than regular graphics even though I agree that some parts of it gets fucked over.

Is CE co-op the comfiest co-op?

I prefer it over the original.

It varies

Like the original more, but I don't hate anniversary for what it is.
The shit hit detection bothers me more than the new graphics desu.

That level is either the easiest or hardest depending on your spawns in the two or three infinite wave areas.

10 Coders to 110: 16 Years of Bungie Engineering | Luke Timmins

youtu.be/7rCJ96YXV8Y

Make a webm of the flood infection spore attacking the marines. The animation is so bad in the anniversary graphics.

it's a shame the "original graphics" aren't actually original (loads of tiny changes), but it's great to play CE in 59fps

I'll give this a watch tomorrow
hope I see "Lessons learned from Destiny: don't sell your soul to Activision and fire Joseph Staten and Marty O'Donnell"

anybody here played Destiny 2?
is it different from Destiny 1 in any meaningful way?

>it's a shame the "original graphics" aren't actually original (loads of tiny changes), but it's great to play CE in 59fps

Someday someone will make a definitive HD version of Halo CE's campaign for PC.

I don't care for it. Obviously the graphics are technically better, I just really don't like their interpretation of CE's artstyle. I actually really like CE's visuals, and it's frustrating when people write them off just because "lol 2001 graphics lol haha", but I realize especially people who weren't gaming at that time that original is going to be offputting (much like black and white film gets written off by people all the time).

I don't begrudge anyone who likes anniversary though, obviously.

It's already out.
It's called SPV3

(You)

Yes, [me]

CE's visuals hold up fine in almost every aspect. The few exceptions are covenant elite models, marine models, and a few miscellaneous things. People who can't get past a graphics barrier have trash tier opinions. Don't worry about what they say.

The only issues I have with CE are technical ones

Is "It" /our/ movie?

IT

HAS

NO

ACHILLES

Roll for /hg/ arena size

Small

Medium

Large

Roll 5.....

Medium

Large

Small like chief's tiny dick compared to Locke's BBC

>Red joins party
>everybody dies
Harbinger of death

>red considering an anime map for Halo 5 tournament 3

Boku no smartphone is the official anime of /hg/

It'a viable

>wew

Found this very early mission plan for Halo:Reach and campaign. Most of the sentiment made it into the final game - except water combat! - Marcus Lehto

halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=2881

>well plotted
lol

Good to know Red has taste.

Post armor, GT, colors, et al. Progress isn't going as quickly as I would like it to, but I'm hoping to have it done next week.

Fuck i forgot to change my visor!
I'll do it now

It was. It moved at a fast pace, character motivations were clear, and it built to a pretty tense finale. There were some holes and minor annoyances here and there, but it's still a good plot.
The presentation of the Didact's backstory was absurd and useless, but that doesn't detract from the plot. If you just replaced the expository cutscene with Cortana just powering up Chief with the anti-Composer stuff it'd have flowed fine.

Ok it's changed

>seat of your pants terror
>lots of characters need to be defined

FOOKIN

TREE

FOUR

TREE

TWEE

Shut it, Dwagoneye

>it's a shame the "original graphics" aren't actually original (loads of tiny changes)
Examples?

I'm so glad that someone whose opinions are generally valued. I remember sitting around hearing about a ship crashing while the saddest string music they could muster served as a background for the military nearly weeping for the loss. I also remember asking why I'm supposed to give a shit about a few people dying in a ship crash considering this game retconned nearly the entire planet being vaporized into glass in a matter of hours. If I'd known that Hugh G. Wrecktion and his family band who played at my wedding after we met in college was on that ship, things might've been different.

Let me unfuck that first sentence: I'm so glad that someone whose opinions are generally valued said it.

Goodnight, /hg/
Please be here when I arise

87 is a good score

I've seen woese

>pc version is 10 points lower
PCfags are a bunch of ungrateful fucks, i hope they don't get Halo 6.

The PC community doesn't give a shit about Halo

THIS AIN'T SWAN LAKE, TROOPS

These days scores are cancer

Remade the halo ce engine from scratch and it is perfect. no multiplayer

See

Check the article pic related is from regarding CEA.

Its a nice gun, I'll give them that. But the engravings give it no tactical advantage whatsoever

halotupolev.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-comparison-review-and-analysis/6/
Forgot the article link like a moron

What was even the purpose of this place?

Guardian meet and greet before they set out

it's kinda akin to when people say emulators aren't the same as the real cartridge. they're right, but it doesn't reaaally matter in the end.

I'm sure there'll be a youtube video detailing examples for you.

And the 2017 game of the year award goes to...

Reminder that reviewers and their scores belong in the trash and have zero credibility
youtu.be/l59MaLXJ2-Q

This is hard to watch

reminder the youtubers got struck for making a case study of bad players

it was confirmed that the guy isn't a proper reviewer and they uploaded his footage for fun.

videogame reviewing is still flawed as fuck though: youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI

my pet peeve is scores out of 10 or 100 where anything lower than a 7 or 70 is awful.

out of 5 master race:
+ masterpiece, must play
5 great
4 good
3 average
2 poor
1 awful
- scam, avoid at all costs

>15 years later, there is still no comprehensive official or community patch to fix this
Especially frustrating, considering Chimera is a thing now. Definitive Halo 1 at a decent resolution never ever.

All you really need is the moist meter.

youtube.com/watch?v=YY5qV1rZR3c

I use a simple 1-5, with 2 being "decent", meaning most games score 2.

That works