docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIQJpBDvxIs
youtube.com/watch?v=vDUT7CtZrTI
youtube.com/watch?v=n2BCLj8fprA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Dark" Souls II

BLUES ARE KEKS

PERSONAL COMPUTER

FIGHT CLUB

BOYFRIEND

>Get Hodrick down to less than 100HP
>He casts Power Within
>Immediately casts Warmth
>Dies instantly
>His Warmth stays in my world and heals me

Cucked to death.

Because pyromancers are warm!

>tfw no pyromancer gf to keep you warm on those cold Burg nights

Official Souls girl feet rating:

Friede > Priscilla > Firekeeper > Maiden in Black > Gwynevere > Yorshka > Rosaria > Chloanne > Quelana

Sony America handled the music for BB, including the composers and orchestration.

The DeS OST is a weird thing because it's very obviously made by electronic sound libraries (like most of From's earlier music) but the CD lists credits for live recordings, those credits are also mostly people who don't seem to otherwise exist. That makes me more likely to believe that it's just a regular From project but with faked credits.

>Twin princess as pure sorcerer

Because anyone who gives an e-celeb money is a dumb fucking retard who has an even lower IQ than the e-celeb.

Thomas and Hodrick had the right idea!

Do you interpret wave to be offensive after a duel?

Still leagues better than Aldrich. I mean, holy shit, what was From thinking?

Been away for awhile anons and I'm just getting around to checking out the DLC. I've put together a gael's greatsword build that I think is OK but I'm not sure I'm reading the poise breakpoints right.

On the 2H tab for greatswords it looks like I need 53.63 to hit the 2H great hammer poise breakpoint vs. my 2H R1.

Any suggestions for the attached? Also what should I use til I hit AoA? Baemore?

"but muh soothing voice and good looks"

raw infusion is so good though, just switch to pure melee for that boss

Hey, so I just now started playing Dark Souls (the first one) yesterday and went entirely the wrong way I guess and eventually I found Darkroot Basin and I think I know where to go to get to the blacksmith but for clarification, is he up the tower to the left facing the big hole (away from those crystal guys) or up the mountain?

Also, my roommate for whatever reason yelled "WHAT THE FUCK?" and she says that the weapon I'm using is OP or that I'm not supposed to have it or something. Got it where all the ghosts along with that bow. She's gone. Someone please explain the context why the "Ghost Blade" is a problem for a SL19 thief. Thanks.

Sorceries will be much better if you could cancel them with a roll
Fuck it, i might just do that

Its just really fucking rare. Not OP.

Carrying over from , is the Ivory Straight Sword supposed to be this garbage?

Ghost blade is the rarest weapon. It is not OP, but it only drops from female shrieking ghosts holding ghost babies, of which there are only 2 and neither are close to a bonfire. Your roommate has likely never found that weapon and is jealous.

Only if you're failing the stat requirements. Damage is down the drain if you're below the 40 Dex, but its light weight allows for a nice Rob Flynn setup.

Yeah its really rare. I have over 400 hours in Dark Souls 1 and I've never got it before. Lucky boi

Your roommate said that because you just happened to get what's probably the second rarest drop in the entire game. Nothing overpowered about it but like the Jagged Ghost Blade, it's a viable early game weapon. If you're a thief and like daggers though, you start with what's debatably the best dagger in the game, undebated if you don't have the DLC. I'd save your souls and start upgrading that if I were you. Either way, there's a ring that'll make both of those daggers do tons of damage you can technically get right now without triggering the boss fight but I don't want to ruin your experience by telling you where.

What if, instead of Ashen Estus, FP simply refilled itself at, say, 25% the rate the stamina bar refills itself. The Ashen Estus Ring will now increase the rate FP is regenerated by 15%.

How much would the game improve? How much would the game suffer?

I don't think even that would make magic not shit

What if they got rid of FP and used the system that worked perfectly fine in DS1 and 2?

It'd be fine. We already had this from simple infusion before from patched out being able to do weapon arts with 1 fp.

Wow.

While I feel kind of funny because of that, *this* is the rarest weapon? Seriously?

Anyways, thanks for clarification, and I found the blacksmith.

Is the Composite Bow a good one? I mostly play a ranged character and this one says it has less but it also has better damage and is working so far for me. Is there a better option?

Also, is the Partizan a good choice for a melee weapon? I need at least one as a sidearm. I might make it chaos when I get to that point because I was told fire weapons can scale with the humanity stat in this game.

I do that to invaders, it's just saying bye. In arena matches I bow.

Mine has always been the Channeler's Trident. I've received SO MANY in Dark Souls II, received it I think twice, maybe three times in total with at least 2000 hours of play across every platform. I see people with it but just can never get it at all. Though there was one time where I got three balder swag swords in a row. That was pretty badass. Ghost Blade was so anti-climactic. Gave it to somebody I summoned after about 10 minutes. JGB is way better being essentially a gold tracer for a pyro.

Image unrelated.
>tho inb4 "2kat" comment from some dumbass that doesn't know how to parry or see

No.

The only rude gestures are:

>"No Way!"
>"Point down"
>"Well? What is it?
>"This one's me!"
>"Mock"

Funny how most of them are in DaS2. People could be such disrespectful little shitbags in that game. Though I'll never forget the one player I dueled. He was INSANELY good and basically nothing but backstep and "No way!" me over and over whenever he wasn't wrecking me with his Mad Warrior cosplay.

Like: Imagine a fight where everytime a normal player would have rolled, this guy backstepped and waggled his finger at me. Fucking crazy. Also on PS3, so we know it wasn't some sort of cheat.

Infusion is only good if you do not invest in strength or dexterity. Str or dex scaling trumps elemental weapons, which lose scaling. Chaos scales a bit with up to 10 humanity but cannot compare to a normal weapon especially if the weapon is buffed with resin or a spell/miracle.

That bow is great for any non-dex build. If dex go for the black bow of pharis.
Partizan is middle of the road for spears. My advice is just to find a weapon that feels right and go with it. A rare but powerful dex straight sword, the balderdash side sword, can be claimed by farming the red-caped knights holding a large shield and sword. That's a great light weight option. Otherwise I advise choosing your weapon with the move set as the first and foremost factor, if you enjoy it it's probably a good weapon.

What?

No. I have no idea why "wave" would be offensive.

Then again, I don't use it after a duel. I have a habit of using prostration upon killing someone lately, as if to atone for the kill. Unless they indict me, in which case the only appropriate thing to do is turn the camera so that I can see myself use Well! What is it! and screencap that shit.

Lmao 2kat!

2kat!

I sometimes do things like this where I'll applaud the person and roll at the last second. You can feel their anger building up.

Honestly, I kind of like how the FP system works as it is. The problem comes when that shit gets halved in invasions, and there's literally no reliable alternative to replenish it outside of Hidden Blessings.

Let's imagine the following:
>Ashen Estus doesn't get halved in invasions/summons, so if you have a 10/5 split, as a phantom/dark spirit you would have 5/5
>FP now scales to give you 180 FP at 18 Att, 220 FP at 24, 280 FP at 30 and 350 FP at 35
>Ashen Estus Ring increases recovery by 50% instead of 20%, so a +10 flask with the ring recovers 300 FP
>Simple infusion gives you FP per kill with the weapon, like Executioner's except you have to actually use the weapon for the kill for it to count; scales from 4 FP at +0 up to 18 FP at +10
>Dusk Crown Ring reduces your max HP by 5% instead of 15%
>Aldrich's Sapphire gives you a flat 40% FP bar refill for a successful backstab/riposte

Also, Hidden and Divine Blessings need to be farmable/

DaS1 had so many experimental and interesting little online ideas

>Aureoles
>Vagrants
>Gravelords
>Indictments

That's a fun thing to do, and I do it too, but I'll never be good enough to do what this guy was doing. I literally didn't manage to punish his taunting even one time and it wasn't like he was just canceling out of the animation, he was spacing himself so he could backstep to safety and activating the gesture while that animation played out. Fucking crazy.

Eh...the amount of people that would tell you "quiet resolve" is among the worst...there's way more than I ever thought.

But yeah, point down is sort of like "cunt" on the gesture hierarchy if I can make an analogy to profanity. Souls equivalent of teabagging.

Is jump distance still slightly lower at 60fps in DS1? And if it is, what jumps are the ones that actually need maximum distance (as referred to by Durante)?

youtube.com/watch?v=bIQJpBDvxIs

Weaker OnAf vid but I always liked the ending. I remember trying 2kat in DaS II and laughed so hard at how ridiculous they were. Those and spears are absurd in that game.

Probably the one to reach the Crestfallen Merchant. I always recall that one as being hard as fuck.

I don't know anything about the rest of those questions though. I just recall that jump being a tricky boy.

Yes your framerate affects jump distance. Assign a key to toggle your framerate lock so you dont have to worry about it.

I love whenever someone asks me "what the hell is this" and it's a picture of a vagrant and I get to explain drifting items to them.

I love all those little things. I think there was sort of this idea From Software had where it was like "let's let the PLAYERS control world tendency for each other" with all of those things but it obviously didn't get finished entirely (the affidavit among one piece of proof for what was probably the White Sentinels or something since I refuse to believe Leeroy was intended to have such a nonexistent role and probably hung out after Jar Eel or something originally before Namco/Bandai turned the douche meter up and those two miracles got shoehorned into an otherwise pointless covenant).

Problem is though that the players aren't always creative enough and so I only have ever seen non-hostile vagrants and Gravelord phantoms when friends and I have induced them purposefully.

It is, but all the required jumps are possible even with the shorter jump.

Also, even though I never got into the PVP in DaS II (so less than ~50hrs) I always loved how I could beckon and get right back into the fight.

Worked in my favor far too many times. So many Manikin Knives put through so many chests.

I didn't know they existed until just. Not new to DS, I got it when it came out, but somehow I never knew that.

Is Old Moonlight gud? It's making me want to play a sorcerer

I always prostrated when dragonfagging, because dropping a "thank you" could be misinterpreted.

Sorcery isn't good.

I did it lads! I finally beat the Asylum Demon!

wtf dark souls is my favorite game of all time and i literally never encountered a vagrant and did not know what they were until now

If I wanted to make a frost-centric build, is 40dex/40int the way to go?

Crestfallen Merchant's more a mind game than anything. Also, if I recall correctly, I think you can land and try again if you fuck up that jump

Try Burg to Lower Burg or firebomb bridge to blue tearstone/black knight. Burg entry to humanity. Great Hollow in general, Pinwheel run. AL Painting room statues (easy to screw up even though the distance isn't far). I'd say maybe Duke's skip but I guess technically that's a roll.

Or jeez, try Oolacile, that one building with the bloathead in the corner to the rooftop. Not the hardest but a tough jump to pull off.

This remains the most useful jump.

The Izalith Staff scaling is so fucking strange. For example (staff unupgraded, I also removed the spell and staff stat requirements), when I have 99 int 10 fth, I have 183 spellbuff. When I have 10 int 99 fth, I have 151 spellbuff. When I have 99 int 99 fth, I have 234 spellbuff, so the spellbuff from the faith and the int stacks additionally. So far no problem.

But if I compare the damage of Deep Soul with a Sorcerer Staff at 100 spellbuff and the Izalith staff at 100 spellbuff, the Izalith staff does more damage for some reason. Then, if I compare the damage (only for the Izalith staff) with 10 int/10 fth, 15 int/10 fth and 10 int/15 fth (in all of those situations, the spellbuff remains the same at 100), I get different damage for all of them.

But then, when I decide to put my int and fth at 1 each, ONLY THEN do I get the same amount of damage that the Sorcerer Staff would do at 100 spellbuff. But if I increase my int by 1, even though the spellbuff remains at 100, the damage of Deep Soul still increases. The spellbuff remains at 100 until 18 int, then, at 19 int, it increases to 102, similar to the Sorcerer Staff. But I've tried to calculate the amount of damage Deep Soul does for each level of intelligence and compare it to the damage formula for the Sorcerer Staff (for the Sorcerer Staff, Deep Soul does (Spellbuff x 1.0) damage before resistances).

What I've found out is that, for the Izalith Staff, it seems like the intelligence scaling is starting 17 levels earlier than it should for some reason. For example, 1 int is acting like the 100 spellbuff of 18 int, 2 int is acting like the 102 spellbuff of 19 int, 44 int is acting like the 175 spellbuff of 61 int, etc. It's not exactly 17 levels everywhere, but it's aorund that. Didn't test the same thing for the faith scaling, but I assume that it works in a similar way and the damage stacks, because at 234 spellbuff (99 int/ 99 fth), Deep Soul does around 235 damage so it works.

God damn, probably one of the most frustrating people I've ever seen play this game

youtube.com/watch?v=vDUT7CtZrTI

You'll need the Irithyll SS, definitely, and Vordt's, maybe. Otherwise, you have those two Frost spells.
You might be spread a little thinly, but maybe.

Souls H-games when?

Frost sorceries don't scale with int. The only reason to level int is if you're using Friede's scythe

Crazy there isn't some doujin Soulslike game where you get raped when you lose, or can rape enemies when you win.

>DeS: Magic uses MP but doesn't cost stamina
>DS1: Magic has limited casts but doesn't cost stamina
>DS2: Magic has limited casts and costs a ton of stamina
>DS3: Magic uses FP, costs a ton of stamina, and is disproportionately slow compared to the game's combat
What will they do to magic in their next game to make it even worse?

Bloodbone 2, where "blood magic" costs HP, FP and stamina.

>Magic costs a ton of stamina and stamina doesn't regenerate you have to use green Estus.

>Casting a spell costs all your souls and has a 50% chance to instantly kill you

魔女は復讐の夜に

you're welcome

LITERAL PERFECTION

>next game

No more souls games. Trilogy was the wrap up. From has made that pretty clear.

If you actually think that, you're naive as fuck

They're already working on the next Souls game, it just isn't going to be called Dark Souls anymore.

Not this meme again. Dark Souls specifically has finished but that doesn't stop an original game in the same vein like Bloodborne. From not carrying on with that kind of game is like Nintendo stopping making Pokemon.

spells have their own scaling too, not just spellbuff.

Izalith staff does more damage with deep soul because certain dark spells like deep soul will use both the int and fth catalyst parts of the scaling. Sorceries use only int. Spellbuff is not an indication of damage.

They have a "dark fantasy RPG" in the pipe right now. It would be naive to assume they'd throw out the Souls formula with the franchise.

>Memory of Shanalotte never

Not ALL of them, technically. The required ones, yes.
>building with the bloathead in the corner
This is an (in)famous example of one that people who never unlocked the FPS would do back in 2012/2013 to troll other PC players because they would always fall down, either to their death or to the bridge below.

youtube.com/watch?v=n2BCLj8fprA

It's not a jump intended to be made in the first place and you'd have to toggle your framerate to pull it off.

I want to be a parent figure for Loli Herald who she eventually gets a crush on

>Spellbuff is not an indication of damage.
But I'm telling you why that's the case with the Izalith Staff. Use every dark spell with a Sorcerer Staff, and the spellbuff is a correct indication of the multiplier on the damage formula before resistances. But it doesn't work for the Izalith Staff not because of the addition of scalings between int and fth, but because the scalings start earlier than they should for no reason.

The only jump I've heard of that needs 30fps is possibly one of the jumps in blighttown to get an item (iaito?) but I've gotten it on 60fps before so either it's possible now too or you could fall from a higher position.

you can even do the skip to lower undead burg without getting the key, too

definitely not this one, I do it on 60fps all the time

blue tearstone jump I haven't done
lower undead burg I have
great hollow I have done in 60fps, unless there are items I don't know about yet
Painting room statues I've done in 60fps easily
I can't remember if I've done the anor londo skip in 60fps, but I think it's possible

>Use every dark spell with a Sorcerer Staff,
*or any sorcery for that matter.

But that's PS3 footage.

DS3 has both Int+Fth and "dark" scaling. They use different softcaps. Same reason why onyx blade softcaps first at 40/40 and dark infused weapons softcaps fist at 30/30

dark sorcery with the izalith staff has different softcaps and curves for damage. Just like how uninfused weapons and sharp infused weapons have slightly different curves for softcaps too.

1. The Last Giant hates you because you defeated him in the past (when he was the Giant Lord).
2. Of all the world's undead the Emerald Herald specifically calls YOU to Drangleic, even though she doesn't know that path you'll choose or if you'll succeed at all.

Given these, a "memory" where you interact with Loli Herald that becomes the reason she chose YOU to break the curse would have been perfect.

Never, hopefully?
I mean fan games influenced by Souls, fine. I just have this thing where the idea of fapping to some character I know from a game I really get into is weird and uncalled for personally. It's like when people draw porn of Cortana from Halo and they DON'T see how that feels really fucking weird in general. Also, after the thousands of hours I've put into the games, I've started to see kind of a serious sort of chauvinistic overtone to so many messages.

Like, "amazing chest ahead" and "beating to a pulp" (over in the corner, of course) were so innocuous and funny. I've since seen so many things (DaS II blacksmith's daughter, for whatever reason) like "woman therefore try strike" in front of female NPCs with "teamwork" and stuff surrounding them in a circle and of course "[x] but hole" in the back.

Not trying to sound whiny/don't have Souls waifus but is it wrong of me to prefer the girls aren't treated like they belong in a bukkake scene? Certainly I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Pic: of relevance. Not that I care people give her the desert sorceress stuff or whatever. It's more like when they ONLY give her that stuff ever. I always like to give her the Pyro garb.

I think that already exists somewhere. Some pixel game with a Dark Souls pack or something like that.

>Herald chooses you because you helped loli Herald which you only did because she brought you to Drangleic where you found the Ashen Mist Hear which let you go into her memories which is why she brought you to Drangleic to find the Ashen Mist Heart

Anyone here remember pre-PC release of Dark Souls II?

Where The Last Giant was worth his name?

Everyone thought Dragonrider was the first intended boss for like three weeks lol

I agree desu. The jokes were amusing at first, but seeing the same shit over and over is just annoying by now.

It's called a closed causality loop.

t. The Doctor

So?
That doesn't matter. It's stupidly difficult jump to begin with. Dude did it again. I did this same thing on PC in 2013 and it might be impossible to make the jump @ 60fps because NOBODY AT ALL made it over IIRC.

You can do it on any platform, it's just amplified on PC (which I would play on a lot, with the resolution configured as such on DSFix that I could nearly eliminate that depth of field effect, though I never attempted to play the game at 60fps because I was used to DeS prior).

I remember dying on him and everyone in here laughed at me.

>took three circuits around Wolnir's room to find the Grave Warden tome
I swear, it spawns in the open when you don't pick it up during the fight, but this time it was tucked away in the corner.

>tfw no loli gf to save

I've put in literally thousands of hours into all 3 Dark Souls games, and I'm pretty sure I know absolutely everything there is to know about the series. Prove me wrong.

Across the three games, how many NPCs act as both invaders and white phantoms?
I am not counting Eygon or Shira.

>you acquired the Ashen Mist Heart AFTER killing the Last Giant who is pissed at younger you because older you defeating him a hundred years ago using the Ashen Mist Heart
It's no worse than Sif recognizing you. Time is convoluted.

Why is there an invisible path leading to Yorshka?

Same. That's because like 70% of the people in /dsg/ - so totally different then - seemed to want to wait before buying the game, whether they were getting it on PC or not. I got it on all platforms eventually like DaS because I ha(d)/ve friends that play on all three platforms but I remember a lot of PS3 players waiting at first because they spent zero time trying to utilise the cell processor at all and the game ran at like 18-33fps really inconsistently for some time. That's why I got it on 360 launch day, trailers showing it hovering around 39-51ish instead. What a fuckup that was on From's part. That weapon deterioration thing also effected the 360 playerbase to a certain degree in popular PVP arenas, though not as much as it did the PC community.

I should make a list of Dark Souls trivia, I can never remember the interesting ones. I have an easy one for you though: which player moves have hyper armour in DaS1?

To represent a link between Yorshka and Seath, I guess. Where else can invisible paths be found?

DS1:
>Kirk, three times
>Jeremiah
>Leeroy
>Chester
>Mildred

>DS2:
>Maldron
>Armorer Dennis, twice
>Fencer Sharon
>Quicksword Rachel
>Jester Thomas
>Forlorn
>Navlaan, five times
>Castaway Donna
>Hexer Nicholai
>Woodland children
>Cursed Usurper, twice
>the offline invaders in the Rat covenant areas
>Aslatiel
>the one who spawns after lighting all the torches in the Gutter
>Oliver the Collector
>Dragonfang Villard
There might be more, there were a shitton of NPCs in DS2. 18-ish.

DS3:
>Creighton
>Alva, twice
>Ledo
>Kirk
>Heysel, twice
>Pale Shade, twice
>Hodrick, twice
>Tsorig
>pyro guy in Priscilla's arena
>Vilhelm, if he counts
Might've missed one. 10, give or take.

If by HA you mean poise, then everything. If not, then only Greathammer 2H rolling attacks.

Dude remember Seathe lmao