/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/caravan/6/advanced-dragons-din
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for meme translations

Hope you had a good weekend /mhg/!

what?

MHW is coming out early Q1, PC within weeks of console launch.

You heard it here first boys, and you can trust my insider sources.

discord room up, ERP welcome
non-discord members will be blacklisted and publicly shamed via shitposting in the thread

There's an anime of Stories?

I was sick all weekend and missed out on going to the city with my brother and restocking on calpis from daiso. Now I've only got water to drink while I hunt. I want to die.

What is the best HA for Adept Longsword in MHGen?
I know that Striker is better but I prefer Adept because I like to play online and Adept allows me to power up without tripping everyone in the process.

Yes, 48 eps just finished airing.
There will be more coming soon.

Absolute Readiness
Or Critical Juncture for style points

>tfw the anime and game was popular in Japan
>the Japs will most likely get a sequel
>the West won't get shit

feels bad man i kind of like stories

God I hate this fat faggot, he has no purpose.

what do you mean? his purpose is being the fat dude

We get World on PC though.

Sorry to hear, Nyanon.
I drink water all the time when I hunt, it's not that bad. Hope you get better from your non-calpis having crisis soon.

Be nice to Tub...

li.

Have they said who is composing the music for World?

By the sound of the Great Jagras, they just left a mic on in a studio while they were tuning instruments.

ey guys
playing 4u and I have a question about how key quests work

I'm on HR 5 right now but I did the HR 7 Darren Moron quest with some randoms
Is that marked as done for me now?

don't want to battle another darren

If it's an urgent, no. Otherwise, yes.

thanks

In other events...
>be me, a HH user
>some random comes in with a HH

Granted he carted the most, but it feels good being on the receiving end

I know HH buffs the user

How do people hunt Savage Jho in 4U? There's no adept umbrella thunder gun in 4U. It seems impossible without it.

Why is every piece of Teostra equipment so shit in Generations?
The only thing good is the Bow, everything else ranges from mediocre to just plain bad.
Hunting in style comes at too high a price.

>using adept
>gunning

hm

i actually have only gotten to regular jho, how much more difficult is he than average jho

Thank god for XX transmog.

Lance works wonders, for me at least

He's a perma-angry Jho that gets madder. He's faster in general and has some new combos (the bite -> bite -> pounce one can be pretty nasty) and way bigger dragonbreath. On the plus side he's super weak to every element (25+ weakness on every body part) and still gets distracted by blue food.

Not much more difficult if you have evasion+ for the constant dragon breath and poop for the rape.

I'm spoiled by Aerial Style SnS, makes a most things easy as fuck, gonna get fucked in world

what am i looking at here

>Hanako 84
Stop holding out on me!

Alluring Lips

Sometimes you can't always get what you want, Nyanon.

Please understand.

I don't understand, why everybody hates us?

Is it me or do DB and Lance both have rather steep crafting/upgrade requirements compared to everything else? I often see the former sometimes requiring more rare drops, and the latter needing significantly more tail cuts.

Because you have a paw fetish you fucking slut

Lance definitely needs a lot of tails, I dunno if it's worse off than other weapons though. I'd rather get tails than gems.

Purrfect, that means I can give her the pawjob

>Lance definitely needs a lot of tails, I dunno if it's worse off than other weapons though

I think things like GS especially get it much easier.

Please

Soon

i want to protect hanako from everything

What's a good early GS set in 4u?
Currently rocking full Jaggi and using the Tetsu GS. It's starting to show it's limits and I want to upgrade.

>male

There's some Diablos clownsuit that gets you Crit Draw, Quick Sheathe, and Sharpness +1 in HR

>Diablos
Well I hate the fight, but it's way better than what I have on. Thanks.

You trade parts to Wycoon for it, there's no actual Diablos until G Rank

Well that's convenient.

>Well I hate the fight, but it's way better than what I have on. Thanks.

There's no low rank Diablos. You trade low rank Brachydios parts to get corresponding Diablos parts. The catch is that the quest to unlock the trading is only available in Caravan 6, so it's quite a while away but S+1 is still a pretty good boost.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/caravan/6/advanced-dragons-din

The Brach GS is actually pretty good at that time as well.

You can get the Executioner around then too, which is fantastic with Sharpness +1. Upgrades from the Tigrex Jawblade.

>wait 20 minutes for someone to join my room
>no one joins
>start it up
>complete quest 25 minutes later
>put down my 3ds as soon as I deliver the last item, get busy doing something else related to actual life importance
>come back to 3ds
>start sending rewards to item box
>reward window suddenly closes
>???????
>back in tavern
>check last page of item box
>didnt get the quest rewards
there isnt a person alive who can convince me that capcom employs anyone who actually went to college or university.

It's only a little bit later, but yeah that's a tremendous jump in damage. Cheda Blade is also really good though, but by then user can make a new set and ditch S+1 for something that can fit in CritDraw/Focus or simply go for an earplugs set.

Something tells me the first thing she'd need protection from is YOU.

I'm surprised we got Stories in the first place but if it does well here, or even if just the japanese sequel does well i dont see why we wouldnt get it too.

Well, PxZ2 exists sooo...

I tried for a while fucking around in HR waiting for a friend to catch up before, you really can't get jack shit if you want Focus and Crit Draw on the same set before G-Rank.

Exactly?

True. Might as well get full Azure Los, Stygian, or even Lagiacrus from the Diablos mix. Something like Double Gore doesn't seem worth the hassle since any effective solo farming of Gore is practically behind two questlines.

I hate that Navirou is beginning to grow on me

I didnt think he was that cute but the more i'm around him the cuter he gets.

The Azure Los set is great general purpose, yeah
I should clarify that this was waiting for a friend to finish up LR, so that was without all the stuff that doesn't show up in Caravan until you get to HR7 in multiplayer (so most of the Elder Dragons and Rajang), actually not sure if that would've given anything helpful for a Focus set.

Fugs?

I used to cringe at him. Now I cringe with him.

If you go up the multiplayer questline, you can trade to get Lagiacrus parts for a Focus/Tenderizer/Awaken set with numerous slots if you do a HR6 arena quest, otherwise Kushala also has Focus and some more slots but that's it. They're probably a bit late in unless you opt for farming spheres for defense until something in G2 like Diablos X, Lagiacrus X, or anything else that looks good since GS is spoiled for choice in MH4U.

Yeah that sounds about right

I know I keep harping on about this gunlance thing but holy shit, the second I stop using it and start using any other non-doot weapon I instantly never want to go back to the gunlance. I hope World really does fix it.

>non-doot weapon

Hunting Horn.

Thanks! I just got here from devilbros and don't know the lingo 'round here yet. But ima learnin'!

Don't do that.

Why?

It's funny!!!

since purple got nerfed in gen/xx, is it still mandatory on gs?

>skin colored Nisetama set
what was Capcom thinking. My huntress is fucking naked and I can't stop my erection

Make Citra work for MH4U reeeeeee

Its almost like shelling actually heals the monster.

post pics

What will I get in return?

No. I use only white on my GS and most of my weapons.

I sort of understand why getting rid of clipping would be more effort than it is worth, but I wish they at least designed weapons in a way that tried to minimize it.
This is my favorite looking Lance but it fucking clips through itself and through basically any armor set and it bothers my autism a bit too much so I end up not using it.

You would think they'd be able to prevent things from clipping through themselves, at least.

This background for your computer

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

mad

I wish there was a faster way level monsters in HR, it's killing me trying to bring up new party members.

don't reply to me scum

Kissu~

super mad

World nerfed it.

You now realize that Riders have the potential to create their own UNKNOWNs through gene-channeling rituals.

Impossible. How so? To me it looked like it has good new moves, though I don't know anything about the MVs.

the entire concept of Gene system pretty much makes it explicit that all monsters varinats types come from riders releasing their mutated failures of an attempt at ULTIMATE monster into the wild.

>REE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEE

go go gadget fuck yourself. monster hunter stories is a monster hunter title and so is totally FINE to be in /mhg/

The one true question /mhg/, helmet on or off?

fuck off reddit, this isn't your shitposting safezone

The Channeler dude says monsters can't use their gene-spliced powers without the use of the kinship stones riders have.

Evade or guard lance vs Jho?

I loved the original monster hunter on PS2 but haven't played one since.

Are the newer games/world still similar enough to that game or would I not even recognize it anymore?