/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Tankettes are useful and cute! edition

Previously, on /wtg/ NEW: warthunder.com/en/news/4953-development-update-1-71-the-new-e-r-a-digest-en
FREE SHIT: warthunder.com/en/news/4954-event-happy-tanker-s-day-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=qn6YH_4nYEA
warthunder.com/en/news/4960-development-f4u-corsair-sky-pirates-are-back-en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HAWKER
PRIDE
WORLD
WIDE

Is tier 6 dropping this week?

How are you having trouble with this tank?

Like most mid-tier mediums, it's a good gun on a paper chassis

I have no trouble puncturing one with the American 76mm M1. If you're within 500 meters you can hit it almost anywhere. If it's farther away, peek and boom at the turret. If it's closer, hit ANYWHERE on the mantlet for a gunner kill.

Supposedly.

>T-34-85
Seriously how does anyone struggle with this tank. Literally any German 88 or 75 will pass through the hull and mince the crew in one shot provided you aren't a fucking autist and shoot at the driver's hatch. There is almost no point in shooting at the turret at all unless it's either all you can see or you want to prolong the slav's suffering

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET 19000 RP IN TANK RB

Can I get a re-do

I'll trade you desu...

>tfw was gone all weekend and got this easily with teeb tanks, even though while I was gone people were crying in thread at how hard this event was

Tiger E or Panther D?

you dont want to become a tiger shitter

there's already enough of those

Buy goldy tanks

Didn't I tell you the correct answer already

welp, didnt know there's bomb fragment

Tiger, your turret might protect you.

The Panther is asking to die.
The Tiger's frontal plate is asking to die.

At least the 88 has behind armor damage - the Panther's 75mm is laughable.

Patrician taste.

set a 2 second fuse

I am terrible at timing bomb for moving target
also any tips for dropping bomb with fighter in realistic since there's no bomb lead indicator?

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

Panther

Seriously underrated tanks. Too many dipshits already playing "muh tiger tenk" Though D is the worst variant. The A variant is my favorite. F is meme tier and Panther II is in a league of its own.

>The A variant is my favorite
Same here. I like how it keeps the 55km/h top speed with the fast turret traverse.

>Panther A is at 6.0
>T-V, the russian))))) edition of the Panther A is at 5.7
>the only difference between the two is the german panther gets APCR and the T-V doesn't
)))))))))))))))))))))))

>At least the 88 has behind armor damage - the Panther's 75mm is laughable.

This is dogshit, all aphe rounds nuke everything now regardless of their HE content. You're better off with the gun with the faster reload.

i used to like F back in day because it had reload 3 sec less than rest of panthers but now they all same share rate of fire

The mobility on them is amazing, love all the variants.

>Package is at post office
>Mail not on sunday
>Missed Saturday because work
>Have to wake up early to got to po to get package
>After have to go to school
>No gf
>no fu kickc
fucking hrut strop
fucking stop why am i wasake why not study fucing sot[p thic

Kys stupid underageposter

sorry allow to translate for europoor
>want to die
>kill myself
>have to go to uni
>oh no no gf

>school and uni are the same thing
Ameritards

?euro?

>Seriously how does anyone struggle with this tank

They're either playing brits tier 3 or they're retarded.

it's 6.7 now ))))

Xex, nothin' personal comrade.

shouldnt this and coelian technically have same engine ans transmission as panther 2 ?

Why dies the first PT has a different barrel? That's no muzzle brake, fight? I assume it's a different type of fume extractor.

>be me
>piloting my sweet aced f4c corsair
>[Operation] Pearl Harbor: Arcade Mode
>Killing the enemy at airport so they don't take off and meme on us with their infinite turnrate biplanes
>friendly French Mig-17 doesn't like that so he spergs out and kills five teammates
>one of our other jets tries to teach him a lesson
>grab my p51 and cut in, wrecking his shit
>he spergs out and boasts about his superior stats and how i can't kill him without him being stalled, even though he just killed me in the same way
>kill him in a head-on a minute later
do they ever learn?

>blogging about arcade

i do both realistic and arcade mate

It's a PT-76A while the other are B.

I see, thanks.

Wich top tier should i grind for? I like leos but german teams are awful and they don't have good cas, soviets are good too apparently but they get mediocre cas and americans get awful tanks but realy good cas. What do? Also T-64 vs MBT-70? Wich one will perform better in your opinion?

>t. 50 realistic battle - 2000 arcade battle

What the fuck did they do to my tech tree, haven't played this game in 3 years.

Use a steep angle of attack and release when your nose is a few hundred meters above the target. It's not hard at all.

Added new planes?

They added plons.

annoying that they cucked me from buying the B17G, I have to research 2 more planes now to buy it.

i think they might have added some new flying machines

Should've bought it three years ago.

>soviet
>dumb
Not even surprised.

Did it mention on the dev server if Tier VI vehicles could research Tier IV efficiently?

Chieftains shit on every other tank in game, unless you want to be an ATGM shitter, in which case go for slavs or germany, or even better kys

Plz no bully, I only switched to RB recently.
I also opened flap and landing gear at 400km/h due to arcade habit and had to land with just 1 wheel.
>Oh, so that's why it said "high speed, retract gears and flap"

>could research Tier IV efficiently?
lel why would they be?

So should i go for teebs? I like teebs

>GE Wager
>Figure I'll play it in arcade since dominating on noob pubs is so much easier in arcade
>Dominate on noob pubs and go top of the team every game
>No wins

Should have known I'd get the even worse pubs

>use the scope view to shoot at CAS with my SPAAG
>can't fucking see because the camera is sitting behind the muzzles of the guns and everything becomes MUZZLE FLASH and SMOKE
I feel so damn inaccurate using the 3rd person camera but it's the only way I can see what the hell I'm shooting at, and if I turn on the parallax view it just feels like I'm needlessly handicapping myself
FUCK

Speaking of being blind. Why the fuck does the M551 Sheridan have a large ass plume of smoke blocking out the entire sight.

youtube.com/watch?v=qn6YH_4nYEA

Because IT-1 had this problem, so it wouldn't be fair for the rest of ATGMs not to have it too.

))))))))

no unless you plan to use premium account. Tier III is the most painful thing in existence

I had air arcade games where everyone can't land for shit and I had to risk going down just to cap points, only to watch them get capped again because my teammates can't even shoot a object running on a straight line.

Premium lineup. Premium time and a fucking big booster.

I was thinking of buying a rankIV premium, so Strv81 and Wyvern in may case

How do you fuck a big booster?

Is there any reason for Japanese repair bills being so high?

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

is of balans)))))))))))))))))))))))

Terrible Allies.

Nomrally I'd have told you yes absoluterly, but next patch will nerf HESH rounds and CAS. If I were you I'd wait since 1.71 will probably roll out tomorrow

Yeah i'm waiting for discounts on october

Strv 81 can't use HESH anyways.

How will brits even compete anymore without their rocket crutch?

I was referring to going for top tier bongs since 90% of their "power" relies on HESH

Would be useless for the premiums if they can only grind Tier V, how else will they get new players grinding the tree with one premium?

>try to drive the T32
>max uptier against slavs
fuck that, fighting them at 7.0 with the "FAIR AND BALANCED" 906 and IS-6 is painful enough

Is the T14 Overpowered, or do people honestly don't know how to kill it? Also is there a point in using rockets with the new patch coming?

You should stop using rockets anyway you cancerous piece of shit

I actually use the 2x1000lb bombs desu

Hopefully with so many tanks using kinetic penetrators they'll buff APDS and APFSDS, next patch, right?

Only for Russia
)))))))))))))))))))))

)))))))

You are not allowed to make good money so planes that win a lot get retarded repair bills.

WT economy is fucked up.

They won't, I predict US and UK winrates will drop like a rock once they nerf rockets.

~65% global win rate across all tiers and modes

Tier 6 tomorrow?

Japan is easy mode I don't know why more people don't play them

nah, tomorrow evening they announce server maintenance

warthunder.com/en/news/4960-development-f4u-corsair-sky-pirates-are-back-en

Tier IV premiums are old and wasted.
Tier V premiums are the new hotness so you better pay up goy.

>Also, we have completely remodelled the entire F4U Corsair series in-game. Make sure you see how stunningly beautiful they have become in the upcoming War Thunder update 1.71 “New E.R.A.”! See you there!
Fucking finally.

Wonder how many more years it'll take them to finally remove all Birds of Prey models.

Still some time to go probably. Spits Mk V still look awful, Wildcats and Buffaloes as well, LaGGs and a couple of Yaks also. I'm sure there's still more.

The one thing I'm waiting for though is when are they going to update the Mustang Mk 1 for the Bongs even though the new 3d model has been in the game for years as the US P-51. They even messed up the files on release and the US P-51 had a default Bong skin.

>activate 300% booster
>152 mm HE bounces of from panther's turret 3 times
>last shell gets absorbed by it's cannon

I feel you. Every time I activate a big booster I get sniped in my first tank before reaching anything and have to trundle around in my AA vehicle trying to rescue some points. Booster queue is real.
Occasionaly when the snail is sleeping it works and I get epic moneys. I also really liked the 5x bonus on the dev server, shame it never stays.
>abandoned_factory_start.gif

Is lagg-3 66 among those badly modeled? I fly it very often

I think the LaGG-3-66 is missing a second 12,7mm MG.

F-82 also needs a remodel.

Update is tomorrow

I looked up after reading your post and damn, you're right .
I don't know how well they would perform compared to la5 but an extra 12.7 would be really nice to have