/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/322669027584
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyAQjqIdOc
twitter.com/megaten_atlus/status/907167099746791424
youtu.be/XJsy5jJ7Dp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gagyson is best gril

Reminder that the Discord is shit

You forgot to include the Discord in the OP. I'll do it next time. Anything else to add?

You just had to bring the discord back up, let it die user.

I was thinking about buying a 3DS to play those DS games I have missed, so what is the best version of 3DS? I have been looking at XL and New XL versions

a noose to your neck

N3DS XL is the best, but the c-stick is ass

>people actually want chans to be fast paced IRC garbage

You're just in the wrong kind of social media desu this shithole is already too fast as it is.

Honestly I just use the discord to shitpost to my heart's content then come here for reasonable discussion.

gj ciel

:/

Think positively!

Does anyone have the IM NOOTRAL meme with all the alignments?

>Musubi
>neutral
Why are alignment shit-flingers so stupid?

what is it then if not neutral?

Chaos?

the whole core of musubi is that you are yourself and separated from everyone else and that is closest to neutral of all other easons. it has nothing to do with a world where the strongest rule which is the main point of chaos

Technically, if you're the only person in your world then you're the strongest by default.

Don't mind me bros just head to say I love the battle mechanics and party building aspect of this series so much and is one of the very very few game series I find my self replaying often.

Pic unrelated

>pic

What a goddamned hypocrite.

A lot actually.

Was replaying Strange Journey again and then i recently got a 3ds so began playing SMT IV (Just saved the guys in the birdcage), Apocalypse (Odin just appeared), Soul Hackers (A the Leon Car Industry) and Persona Q (Just began playing as the Persona 4 protag, met the OCs).

Then i have some stuff that need to pick up like my second Nocturne run, Raidou 2 filling case files, DDS 1&2 doing uber bosses related stuff, P3&4 (Last month of my full SL run), Persona 1 (Just had a fight with one of Kandori´s goons), my second playthrough of Innocent Sin (Since i didnt use a guide and seemingly lost many side stuff), pondering if i should play EP (Because of PSP translation shenanigans) and finally my first playthrough of MT 1 (Just cleared the first dungeon) and MT 2 (Searching how to access Shinjuku due Pazuzu´s curse).

So yeah i am really busy SMT wise now and in the coming decade or so.

PLEASE HELP I WANT OFF THIS RIDE BUT SMT JUST WONT LET ME!

Hoy yurofags wake up

>9/11 is DDS anniversary

Should I make sure my party is composed of demons with the same alignment as me in Strange Journey? Demon Co-Op seems useful but just how useful is it?

You won't get a proper response posting persona images here fucko.

Thats the idea. When MC coops with a demon the damage is bigger than your demons cooperating with you.

I think I've finally outgrown Megaten.

Have you?

Yeah. The last Megaten games I genuinely liked were the DeSu games and SJ.

Best mc

Well I thought I had all the one coins then there's this fucking thing
ebay.com/itm/322669027584

jelly

Pls remove or at least censor the photo of that 3DPD grill next time for her and my sake.
Otherwise sweet collection (excluding the last two rows, those are shit)

New 2DS XL is the best version of the hardware. Zero reason to buy other versions anymore.

Where can I get these glorious statues?

Come back here, son of man.

you're also the weakest, and your word is the absolute law. you're essentially another yhvh.

it's neutral in the "combine the best parts of law and chaos into a new path" hegelian dialectics way, not the "i can't decide help me decide flynn" meme.

10/10 collection man.

I don't think that's outgrowing

What's the hardest smt?

Does MT1 NES have any significant gameplay changes to KMT1?

Pick 1(one) smt character to appear in the next Smash Bros.

I had the most trouble with DeSu games, but I am shit at SRPGs so maybe its just me

I played desu a long time ago when I still was a novice to srpg. But it was pretty hard, some bosses were an absolute pain in the ass.

DDS1, Nocturne, IV:A, Raidou1.

I start to hate them all

Flynn.
Jack Frost.
Odin?

Raidou

Why do you hate them Russia-kun?

Wrong.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyAQjqIdOc

It was too much SMT in the last few weeks.
I played many of them almost simultaneously to be in the right mood.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAKAJIMA.

>atlus did nothing for the 30th anniversary

YEAH WTF??

it really angers me that they don't even remember it

Nintendo Direct in two days.
SMTV news never ever

They at least remembered it.
twitter.com/megaten_atlus/status/907167099746791424

retweets ALL DAY

Hell yeah best Izanagi shutting down Loki Set and Lucifer's bullshit... Only for Tokyo to be nuked anyway by Satan

Also did everyone else's Hero and Heroine get defaulted to this in KMT? I only remember getting a prompt to name Pazuzu's dog

I don't recall there being default names for them in KMT MTII, odd.

I fucking hate Isamu from nocturne, he's such a hypocritical fuck. His entire reason is about how everyone should be able to do everything on their own but he couldn't do anything without piggybacking on the demi-fiend

They are only default when you finish MT1 first. Still I don't know why

was Yasuda just a misunderstood genius?

If you beat MT1 first, they give you the default names of Nakajima and Yumiko in MT2. You can just delete those names and chose your own though. If fact, I recommend it, since the main characters in MT2 aren't the same as the ones in MT1.

No, just a shitty artist.

no

His style is alright I guess, at the very least it's pretty unique and recognizable, but I'd be hard pressed to call it good. It also suffers from a same face syndrome worse than fucking Tony Taka.

I my dick really like his designs

Yes I could fap to all sort of degenerate shit in that style

maybe Seraph was just standing on their toes in that pic desu

Doi's hair isn't too bad. It's just Flynn's hair that's pretty weird. The weak point in Doi's designs is that they are a bit generic compared to Kaneko's. But overall he's pretty good.

youtu.be/XJsy5jJ7Dp0

i just realized that this song was from TC2

I like Doi, but Jonathan's hair triggers me.

Like...is it an afro? Is it soft? What is it?!

>mfw I unironically like Flynn's hair

I started playing Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei for the first time today and I completely forgot it was the anniversary.

It's a lot like my hair when grown out.
It's hair with large, thick curls, so when it's long it becomes too heavy to form a stiff afro and gravity pulls it down.
It's the awkward mixture of Bob Ross and Weird Al.
It's very soft

>tfw I constantly have hair like demi-fiend

O-oh my.

we hair posting now?
im fine with that

Should we get hyped for Direct?

Charlie, and Akira have the best hair in If...

Yeah, but not for anything SMT related

How does he get his sidebangs like that in a world without gel?

Same here. I'm just bothered by how little hair he has when it's tied up compared to his hair down model.

He has a hair down model?

Nigga, there are games in medieval times that have crazy as fuck hair.

It's one of the free dlcs for iv.

One of the DLC has him with his hair down.
There's also one with him impersonating Louis.

Choose your destiny

>Heat's English VA is Sundowner's

Easy.

Bald Flynn a best. Having him and Squidward Lucifer walking around in full HD glory would be GOAT.

Nanashi has better hair than every protag besides Aleph and Hero's older artwork. This is not up for debate.

holy shit, what did they mean by this