/asg/ - Absolver General

Got outtraded: Rudimentary Map
i.imgur.com/Na8qQOr.png

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on Moves, Stats, and Equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>News
absolvergame.com/news

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/absolver/comments/6x14ce/i_fixed_the_mouse_controls_with_an_autohotkey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>guy walks out of my range
>begins to heal
>use leg breaker
>zoom towards him and stop the heal

Nobody ever sees this shit coming

>guy walks out of my range
>he continues to walk away
>he doesnt stop
>the earths curvature now hides his figure
>presence in this plane of existence is to be doubted
>begins to heal
>use stumble slash
>zoom towards him and stop the heal

ive recently discovered this too, follow it up with some sort of dodge attack to counter the panic jab and its god tier

I used to love Stumble Slash but it simply wasn't fast enough for my liking. The range was hilarious but I'd so often get outpoked simply because the other guy threw out a kick a millisecond later.

I use Nose Stab now for my poking needs. It comes out so fast and gold-chains extremely well.

F A S H I O N P O S T

I finally got a new mask

for anyone who wants to replace mouse for a parry use this

#IfWinActive, Absolver
~f::DllCall("mouse_event", "UInt", 0x01, "UInt", 500, "UInt", 0)
~Shift::DllCall("mouse_event", "UInt", 0x01, "UInt", -500, "UInt", 0)

ahk script

The dorito menace must be addressed.

They need to add some headbutt moves so I can weaponize the tortilla chip.

I liked your character better with the tear sandals

don't weaponize the rotaries, they be cute

Is there a use for absorb besides block, pick out attack to absorb, immediately charging attack after? It's so frustrating how seemingly powerful and easy parrying is compared to everything else, they can just do whatever they want and always have parry to fall back on no matter what happens, no unparriable moves.

>tfw there are moves that specifically counter absorb
>no moves to counter the others
feels bad

>what is feinting

>there are moves that specifically counter absorb
i think the devs figured that since there are moves that have a built-in parry and dodge it balances the whole thing out.
which it does tbqh

I was experimenting with the ceremonial top, thought the red in the orate keeper shoes went with the bits of red that peek out with that top. But it does all come together better with the shabu guard top and tear sandals.

>surfing the internet when controllers starts vibrating
>some dude started wailing on me in open world
>ignore it because w/e
>he respawns me after killing me and keeps going
>literally keeps killing me for 7ish minutes
Is there literally any reason to waste your time killing someone that doesnt fight back in open world? I get a quick burst of autism that makes people want to kill someone that's afk, but for 5+ minutes, what the hell?

I feel like they severely overestimated how hard it would be to parry a move.

Anyway Absorbs good for countering Shockwave spam and ledge pushing since it does nullify all knockback, and for gaining back your entire stamina bar in a second of gold-linking.

Playing Kahlt does pretty much mean specializing your deck around Absorb counters and dealing with pressure/ anti-pressure denial. Until you have like 80% of the ingame moves, PvP is just a shitshow of scrub meta.

The "Kill 100 players characters" achievement.

How'd you get those sandals btw, world drop or pvp?

free xp

>tfw try to make a fun deck
>get shit on by people using moves that are simply better than everything else

the whole point of this game doesnt even work

>rebind parry to shift + e and shift + q
>parrying becomes even easier
you controller fags have it way better

ye

i think like 2/3rds to 3/4th of the game's moves are plenty viable

Sweeps (low or high doesn't matter, MeiaLua is a high sweep for example) specifically counters windfall (and i guess stagger as well since they kinda do similar thing). I was playing my meaty hits all-kahlt deck and had a windbag dodging all of my punches the other day, didn't know what to do, then I remember sweeps and that I had an entire sweep moveset on one of my back stances (tell me if any of you have this problem, but: I find myself thinking I need to always start out in my front stances, I rarely start with my back stances, though they're effectively the same thing. probably a crossover from dark souls where I think if I'm facing away from a guy I can't block him [in absolver blocking is 360 degrees of protection] and I'll attack backwards instead of towards him). I no-no-no'd him (he was a dodge maniac and got mega punished for it as soon as I switched to doing sweeps over and over) and he got so buttfrustrated he started running around the rock in the middle of the map (webm related).

PROTIP to people dealing with runners: just go to a decently open area to fight and wait. This reminds me a lot of my dark souls 3 invasion days when I'd wait out ganks who would camp the bonfire, I would patches squat and stare at them disapprovingly, recording it so I could see how much time it took and surfing Veeky Forums or watching a video in my 2nd monitor. I would literally just want to know how long they would wait, not playing the game. A little psychology experiment. How long will they wait? A minute? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? An hour? Longer? This shit is interesting to me. I've run into about 3 of these sorts of guys thus far (so, very few) and they don't last 5 minutes, often a lot shorter, before they'll finally come and fight or disconnects/kills himself. Just like dark souls. Webm related, this guy lasted almost a minute total.

Also, charging attacks basically have built-in absorb if you think about it, just without the stamina boost.

pvp drop

can I do that with windfall

>what is getting jabbed or light jump kicked in the fucking face

I mean I love feinting and do it often, too, and it does work to some degree, but they can also just be like "oh this guy is feinting" and punish your feints with quick attacks too. It's kind of a shit show against any good player who will actually adapt to your playstyle instead of "NO I WILL ONLY PARRY ONLY PARRY THAT IS ALL I DO". If you get to the point where you don't know whether they'll attack or parry then feints are kinda shit.

yes, you will need AHK

reddit.com/r/absolver/comments/6x14ce/i_fixed_the_mouse_controls_with_an_autohotkey/

There is something very satisfying about finishing with a heavy, especially a charged haymaker

you can still windfall avoid sweeps though

Concepts likes spacing, timing, and mixups are generally more important in this game than moveset, at least to a certain degree. The main issue really is that parry is just so much better than the other moves in terms of ease of pulling off and risk vs. reward. How large the parry window is and how few recovery frames there are aside, parry buffering is complete bullshit. No other ability gets a guaranteed triple digit damage hit whenever they are successful.

Thanks

>reddit.com/r/absolver/comments/6x14ce/i_fixed_the_mouse_controls_with_an_autohotkey/

Holy shit thanks famalam. Normally I don't bother with this sort of stuff but I'd really love to put absorb as my L2 so it's sorta like perseverance in dark souls 3.

Huh

Whats the use of falcon punch

its one of the coolest moves but I cant find a use for it

It's a lot harder, most people I run into can't. Windfall would actually be top tier if they only had to dodge left or right similar to parry. I still think it's bullshit that parry isn't 4 directions.

I hope they balance the other two to be up and not just nerf parry.

Although I won't mind if they just get rid of that obnoxious audio cue and camera zoom-in. Don't need that to happen 10-15 times a match, thanks.

Dodges whirlwind double punch, doesn't it? Can see it being fast enough to guarantee a hit when you know it's coming

Nevermind, just saw that you can't use it as alternate
Not sure how well it would work mid combo, assuming you don't want to give up a top stance starter to it

for absorb you could use thisscript, it's simpler and replaces mouse right and left with a button

Will it let me replace buttons on my controller though? I use a controller but I'd really love to trigger absorb (which is omnidirectional) with just the L2 button instead of having to flick the thumbstick.

have no idea, you'll have to search google for it

How would you suggest "upping the other two", though? I mean if you just, for the sake of argument, only had the other 3 abilities and forsaken was dropped entirely, they are all pretty balanced between the 3 of them. They all have their own kinds of unique versatility but none of them are fucking game breakingly powerful and braindead like parrying currently is. None of them give you 120+ damage for free if you land it, absorb still takes damage when it's successful (though you can potentially get it back) and shit like windfall and stagger can still get caught by sweeps or other various moves-with-good-tracking or a fast jab followup, even if they're successful.

It would just be a lot easier to nerf parry so it isn't so OP. It's easy to land, it's so fast/so few recovery frames that you can literally double parry in a lot of cases and still land shit even against a feint, the parry window is fucking gigantic (I've heard in the range of an entire half of a second), it only requires 2 directions, and parry buffering should just be considered a straight-up bug at this point. Enough changes to any of these points would make it balanced. Turtling up and just waiting to parry shit with shockwave for emergency stamina recovery shouldn't be such an unbeatable style against a good player.

>tfw all clean clothes
im so over being a dirty hobo

>standing around in the map room
>newish looking dude (very basic armour) runs up and starts hitting me
>hits the other dude next to me
>other dude gets up and starts fighting him
>I pull out of my equipment menu and snap out my sword
>run up and wail on the dude
>he panics and starts running
>obviously can't leave the area, so he's running away from me whilst trying to still kill the other dude
>just whittle down the idiot who thought he could take on an advanced player after killing like one or two bosses

People are dumb?

>Top ten anime battles where the fighters are evenly matched

>all clean clothes
who /cleansolver/ here

>tfw still need one more item for a full essence miner set

want it more than masks desu
at least the orate keeper tunic fits well with the rest of it

I mean take dark souls for example. As cancerous as hornet ring parry-riposting was, the number of parry frames were still incredibly short so you had to be really good at timing or have someone dumb enough to brainlessly spam on you for a tank parry or setup parry. You could have what is called a "partial parry", where you don't parry the attack but the attack lands towards the end of the parry animation, and it would basically drain the shit out of your stamina, leaving you open to free attacks. If someone baited you into trying to parry say, a running attack, they could instead keep running to your back and "backstab" you, and depending on what they used to do it that would likely wind up being at least half and potentially even your entire health bar (chaos dagger for example). If you fucked up against a good player you could get SERIOUSLY punished for it. On top of this, you could "charge" your R2 attacks (basically you could make them take longer for extra damage, meant you could change the timing of the attack), certain attacks like from ultraweapons were entirely unparriable, and every single weapon at least had a single jumping attack (running R2) that was unparriable, and weapons like halberds were unparriable at the tip of their hitbox. Add onto this that dark souls gaurantees you 2 hit R1 R1 combos, and even if you just whiffed a parry normally you would probably eat around 1/3rd to 1/2 of your life total.

Parrying in this game is a joke compared to that, and I don't know how much people would want the other powers to be more OP either. Like imagine if absorb really WAS like perseverance (basically grant your next attack the charging attribute, and give you probably 30 extra blunt+cut defense for 3 seconds), or if stumble had iframes on all its moves. Do you really want that instead of just making parry not be absurd?

windfall
>up and down dodges have increased iframes
>side dodges reduced
>successful dodge - remove startup frames on the next attacks/insta gold link it
>khalt
>dmg reduction on absorb
once shockwave gets nerfed khalt will be in top tier with their infinite stamina
>stagger
have no idea

Does armor even do anything in this fucking game.

honestly kahlt just shouldn't fucking take damage when they successfully absorb, it's the dumbest shit that no other class has to deal with when they successfully land their ability. it should be like a free block that you have to time.

I'm 270 and still don't have this thing

The difference between 33 and 66 blunt protection against a light attack is the difference between taking 75% of the damage, or 50% of the damage, while still being normal mobility. So yeah.

>dmg reduction on absorb
I mean the current mechanic is fine since you just get all the health back if you land a hit before your take a hit, Absorb is just worthless for anti-pressure.

it's more like a crutch for bad people to rely on a tiny bit more stats over skill

at least you dont have any doubles, the last 2 masks i got i already had

Doubles over PvE drops or doubles on PvP drops? If the latter, that really is bullshit.

i wouldn't really call 52-60% damage reduction vs. 0-25% a "tiny bit more stats", but okay

pvp, i want to slash my wrists

It seems to give a flat blunt and cut resist since the effect seems pretty high even though I'm almost nude. I'm only using it cause i don't have heal.

Maxing blunt def on normal mobility is optimal really. Mobility helps spacing in neutral, but neutral just doesn't count for much in Absolver at the moment. The game is mostly about trading charge and evasive attacks up close, with the occasional parry or absorb.
Stamina regen doesn't matter because of Shockwave, and natural regen is fairly high anyway. You can't regenerate while attacking so mobility doesn't help you pressure somebody's block. Movement speed can help with footsies but you don't have to play footsies, just hold block and force people to play guess when the Grab Punch is coming.

do you mean shield, or are you talking about his fast mobility shit?

I've gotten answers from every perspective by now so it's ceased to matter.

>but you don't have to play footsies, just hold block and force people to play guess when the Grab Punch is coming.

this hurts my soul, it's like every fucking game that has a lot of potential winds up like this. it fucking hurts. it hurts running into a tryhard passive forsaken in the back stance and you just realize "oh yeah there's literally nothing i can do, he's blocking, has parry, and grab punch"

The assets are there, the effort is there, the inventiveness is there, but somewhere along the line balancing out the minutia to even out a high-end competitive scheme that multiplayer-focused game should just got lost.

They can bring it back. Hardly beyond redemption.

Going through strings with evasive attacks or grab punch is only slightly less damaging than parry>heavy, and will also beat out the obvious parry counters like staggered timing or feints. If you back tripped kick with the goal of going under something and the other guy does nothing, you kick him in the shins and take frame advantage.

Defensive abilities need to be rewarding enough to be encouraged over the alternatives. The alternative to parry isn't just windfall/stagger dodges and absorbs, the alternatives are evasive moves, charge, holding block, manual dashes away. Keep the damage on parry so that it's actually worth making use of, and increase the punishment for failed parries. Under the same logic it makes sense to increase the reward for up/down windfall dodges.

ask any khalt player

(the answer is yes it does)

Is it just an unspoken Kahlt thing to just load up on as much armour as inhumanely fucking possible?

well, you don't need any stamina regen
but slow dodges might hurt somewhat

Well they aren't Fromsoft, at least. It took them over a year to finally nerf the seed of the giant tree (invaders are already at a major disadvantage, having half the healing potions and often being outnumbered 3 to 1, but you could use mobs in the level to even the odds. If they popped a giant seed, the mobs would attack you too and it lasted 5 x 2 hours), and summoner class hosts (hosts who would just run away from you forever and resummon their buddies over and over and over, completely unpunishable) have to this day never been fixed properly. There are still major balancing problems with many of the weapons. These problems exist in different forms in every game in the souls series, it's why people always say "Souls is focused on the PvE, the PvP is an afterthought at best".

At least Sloclap, small company they are, really seem to be paying attention to the community and are basically the opposite: PvP focused with PvE as an afterthought (just the way I like it, finally). I'm done with dark souls after this came out and there's nothing else like it (just like there was nothing else like dark souls, nothing else with invasions basically so either play dark souls and deal with it's bullshit or play nothing), so I'm basically in this for the long haul. I pray they fix/balance shit, the sooner the better. I haven't had any problems getting into the server or with any major lag problems since the last patch (NA), so I'm pretty happy with that thus far.

yes
even the enemy khalts do it

fellow warlords WW@

>the alternatives are evasive moves, charge, holding block, manual dashes away.

Forsaken can literally do all those fucking things, AND parry. So go fuck yourself. Either no one gets the insane risk vs. reward parry does, or everyone does. That's what balance IS.

There needs to be some SERIOUS risk if parry has to only deal with 2 directions and gets guaranteed 120+ damage every time it lands, so if you absolutely need your bullshit buffer parrying you better have half the parry window, double the recovery frames, and take double damage if someone hits you immediately after a whiffed parry. It can't be so fucking easy to pull off and you need to get FUCKED if you miss that shit, if you get such a gigantic payoff that literally no one else in the game gets.

But then you'll cry about it. So fuck you.

As long as you still take the damage from successful absorbs while trying to regen your stamina, yes. I still think it'd be completely reasonable to have it basically be like a block and you don't take damage from a successful absorb, parry kings don't take any damage when they successfully parry and they even get a stamina boost too on top of a free triple digit damage attack.

Khalt's ability is built around taking a hit. If they're going to take the hit, why not reduce it?

I know it's dumb but i love when I do a charged attack at the same time as the other fighter.

>it's why people always say "Souls is focused on the PvE, the PvP is an afterthought at best".
>quoting yourself and saying that's what "people" say
lol

just like how every move other than calbot is a crutch for bad people to rely on stats over skill

Im not him and i also say that.

>quoting yourself

go ask on /dsg/ and see what they say if you don't believe me. dark souls was never meant to be a competitive PvP game, it was always balanced around the PvE with the slightest of nods towards the PvP community. it's something we complain about on a regular basis through the years.

seriously go fucking post on /dsg/ and say "dark souls is a PvP focused game", let me know how that goes faggot.

it is, i broke it tho
usually i go with around 20 mobility

also
I GOT A MOTHErFUCKING TURTLENECK THAT ISNT NEON GREEN! FUCK YEAH

>literally maximum normal mobility instead of dropping the tiniest bit of weight and getting fast for practically nothing compared to what you're already wearing

...but why? just go to 24 mobility already you cumslut

>mfw fighting a player who uses feints to start an attack with a dodge to avoid my attacks and chain into an actual attack

I didn't know i could be so outplayed.

are you sperging out because someone prioritized fashion over stats or what

>hurrdurr style wars
It's not an MMO lad, if you think a style is stronger just use it. Sorry if that breaks your role playing immersion.
I'm trying to explain that styles aren't balanced against each other in a vacuum. Whether you bring Windfall dodge up to the level of Forsaken parry or visaversa does matter, because parry is already a questionable decision when you could Grab Punch instead.

>essence intensifies

holy shit you've gotten the luckiest mask drops, i want all of those

It's 18 months after DS3 release. Dark Souls is currently a PvP focused game.

Why even post this bum-ass getup?

who /styling for the camera/ here?

>because parry is already a questionable decision when you could Grab Punch instead.
>you can literally grab punch and also be able to parry with no drawback

>it's another parryfag defends his broken unbalanced ability episode

>34 Blunt
>Normal mobility
Damn son.

>"Balance" is only about which style I choose and not the decisions I make in a fight because fuck good combat design.

well thats just like, your opinion man