Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for faggotry

Dark Elves
>Elf with repeating crossbows
>Elf on dinosaur
>Chariot pulled by dinosaurs
>Death cultist riding a giant cauldron of blood
>Harpies
>Hydra
>Dragon

Skaven
>Skaven with poison grenade
>Skaven on giant bell
>Skaven in giant hamster wheel
>Giant monstrous skaven
>Skaven with poison flamethrower
>Cannon that shoots lightning bolts
>Giant abomination.

Lizardmen
>Giant toad on a floating platform
>Laserbeam mounted on a dinosaur
>Giant crossbow mounted on a giant lizard.
>Giant crocodile men
>Lizardmen flying on pterodactyls
>Tyranosaurus Rex

High Elves
>Elf
>Elf on horse
>Dragon

I just want a good TW set in the early modern era so I get to fuck up the british

Skaven

>60 nigger-rats

Empire
>Humans with weapons

Why is this faction so shit and barebones?

Nth for true Phoenix King Malekith and his bitch.

Why?

DELET

>the hamsters

All the incoming triggering lel

youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ

Empire a best. It's lacking mechanics are saved by a fun starting position, challenge and fun army.

What's the point? Do you live in northern ireland?

>spears
>spears with shields
>swords
>halberds
>greatswords
>unbreakable mace fanatics
>crossbows
>pistol and swords
>handguns
>shitty knights
>better knights
>flaming knights
>monstrous knights
>pistol skirmish cav
>handgun skirmish cav
>grenade launcher skirmish cav
>cannon arty
>mortar arty
>rocket battery arty
>magical beam arty
>rapid fire rotating barrel arty

compare that to

>A motherfucking steam driven tank
>Horsemen with miniguns
>Knights riding giant chicken lions
>A magical lasercannon
>Repeater-cannon.
>Rocket battery

Pretty sure this is more varied than 50 flavours of spearelfii

I just want to kill the british

Its going to be the same with high elves
>nice well balanced roster with no gimmicky units.
>well trained and equipped.
>best heavy cavalry in the game
>firebreathing monsters
>phoenixes
>artillery with multiple firing modes.

I forgot
>steam powered fucking tank

>crossbows are a totally different unit than crossbows with + ap damage.
Lmao

>I just want to kill people

Ok, psycho

wow it's almost like you can make them sound different depending on how you detail them

always a good thing lad

>flaming knights

So this counts but a giant frozen/flaming bird doesn't?

>ginger niggers killing anything

kek

Do TWW1 owners get anything or is it a complete start over?

I'm not sure about the starting position though. Empire starts out in the center of the map surrounded by a variety of more or less hostile factions. Teclis starts out in the bottom left corner of the map while Tyrion starts out surrounded by allies.

Well I am not part of this high elf hating. I just really like the Empire campaign despite its lacking mechanics.

You get the blood dlc for free in TWW2 if you bought it in TWW1, and when the combined campaign rolls about you get all the TWW1 factions + DLC you may have

>Spirit leech
>Gaze of Nagash
>Gaze of Mork
>Vindicative Glare
>Final transmutation
>Fireball
>Burning Gaze

Order these in order of usefulness for lord sniping

>"I'm gonna kill the anglos!"
>Kneecaps any irish person who looks at them funny
IRRRRRRELAND
IRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRELAND

about tree fiddy

>final transmutation
>spirit leech
>fireball
>all the other magic missiles

blood dlc for game 2 is free if you own the first one, but you need TWWH2 to access the combined map

I still don't like magic in warhammer, it's all samey

>talking to potato niggers

Really? All I see on youtube is faggot manfred throwing something. Also everyone says the lore of metal is shit. Pls elaborate.

So Malekith is gonna be like Mannfred, but will he be stronger or weaker?

a TW where Victoria can hold onto Hannover and marries a Jacobin flipping Brittania back to the One Holy and Apostolic Truth

you could probably go for a diplo campaign with tyrion while playing a more aggressive campaign with teclis.
Same here. I just find that the High elves are the upper most limit of what fantastical can be in a more rational manner. No 5 billion meme rats in hamster wheels or edgy elves wearing sharp buttplugs.
Its a nice simple army which is pretty much what tolkien would describe his elves as, with an added amount of dragons.

Stronger of course, Manfred was the weakest spawn of Vlad, hence why he didn't go on camapaign and was only a threat having read all of Arkhan the Black's works
>flipping their roles
Why, unless you're purging Skaven and Chaos Undivided with Teclis

Alright let's do our best to make High Elves sound different:
>High Elf with spear.
>High Elf with bow.
>High Elf with spear and bow.
>High Elf with two handed sword.
>High Elf with two handed axe.
>High Elf with two handed halberd.
>High Elf on lightly armoured horse.
>High Elf on medium armoured horse.
>High Elf on heavily armoured horse.
>High Elf on lightly armoured chariot.
>High Elf on heavily armored chariot.
>Repeater ballista (ok this is sort of interesting)
>Giant bird
>Giant flaming bird
>Giant frozen bird
>Light Dragon
>Medium Dragon
>Rare Dragon

>accidentally get my lord routed
>he comes back, but I keep him out of combat for the rest of the battle because of low moral
>Gets the fearful trait when the battle is over

the one time it made sense. I didn't even reload. Now I keep him out of combat a lot because of roleplay.

Mannfred is a really strong lord, due to how versatile he is, he can deal with fodder, elite units or heroes/lords. Also the sweet regen he can get is a big deal

Lore of metal got buffed so much it is in a good shape, also Final Transmutation got a huge buff that makes it deal massive damage, along with Dwellers Below from lore of life.

fuck off cucktholic, don't you have some somlias feet to kiss?

>YWN be mounted upon Her Claws

>not keeping Europe in that Romanticism moment stopping the rise of nationalism and universal suffrage, and where Balls were not seen as wasteful

>Manfred was the weakest spawn of Vlad
Source: your ass

You are probably watching old videos. As far as lord sniping goes

>at launch spirit leech and witch hunter accusation are king
>ca nerfs those abilities, magic missiles are now incredibly accurate and cheap ap missiles that excel at killing lords
>ca nerfs the damage/accuracy of magic missiles, introduces potions to lords
>lord sniping dies down a bit as devolve and double potion lords take the forefront
>G&G introduces healing cap, limiting effectiveness of double potions
>flying goon squads become the norm thanks to amber wizard spam and other related strategies
>eventually generals are in a good place, but the introduction of regen for certain factions/characters through items/abilities/lore of life separates generals based on whether or not they can heal
>ffwd to now where:
>>spirit leech is back to being relevant, but not as powerful as it was on launch
>>magic missiles are useless
>>Final Transmutation is now the second best damage spell in the game after dwellers below

Is there anything as worthless as this fucking "ability"?

>act christlike
>burger larpers get triggered.

its somewhat useful in battle, especially if you have a fast mount. Its nowhere near as useless as
>deploy in an enemy province to remove 1 WoM from the enemy's pool

wait didn't people ask for that?

Now that I think of it I remember seeing that AoE spell of the bouncing hounds first being popped on empire in one vid (no damage given) and then again on another vid against the dwarfs and it fucking killed many of them. Maybe its the armor piercing thing along with said buff.

Very interesting. So basically for chaos you go with archaon for fireball and a metal fag sorcerer and with greenskins you go big waagh missile+Azhag. Beastmen you go with death+beasts.

Damn I wish shadow had a missile spell. That along with magical damage buff and the static vortex would be awesome.

>gets you around faster
>help flee melee units
>can be comboed to make wizard the best charge cycle unit ever
fucking cuckold that black guy was probably a muzzie as well just like the renowned communist Malcom X
They did and you can see it's better than Carnosaur vs Hellpit abomination, can they update animations in patches?

Is the steam workshop down?

I want to download a mod that makes the huns in Attila weaker or removes them outright, but the workshop displays no mods.

I know some people might, but I'd prefer it if they didn't and just left them like they are in wh1

>I want to download a mod that makes the huns in Attila weaker or removes them outright, but the workshop displays no mods.
just move to spain/africa/the far east

Vortexes act differently on units with different amounts of mass
High mass units tend to get fucked moreso than low mass units

I like the Silmarillion/heroic epic quality of the high elves. They are more classical medieval with a fantasy touch and not the excessive caricature of the Bretonnians. It's quite fine that they are 'boring' like the empire, you need a more vanilla or standard baseline to play up the oddity of the others.

That being said the dark elves aren't really that over the top different when you get down to it. Visually sure, but it's not the oddities of the skaven or orks or undead.

I just want to play a game in which the whole east isn't completely razed and barren by mid to lategame against different factions.

I torrent my shit which means I will never play pvp, but I have a strong feeling that a pair of those vortexes on a VC death star build will lead to funny consequences. Also magic missiles for kicking wodd elf tree fags and ethereal fags. Add a missile for lord sniping and that would bee my fav lore. No such luck though.

>high elves
>elves that are high
>no low elves

what a shit and boring faction tbqh, going nu-male dark elves instead

>Also magic missiles for kicking wodd elf tree fags and ethereal fags

I meant magic weapon buff.
The vortex of this school is static btw.

Why not find a mod that doesn't allow razing?

Actually that sounds like a lot of fun. It'd mean you'd have all these rebel/shadow factions emerging instead of barren wastes.

>>best heavy cavalry in the game
This meme needs to die. They're just sad elves who miss their dragons. They're the same tier as Cold ones, Wild riders and Hexwraiths - far below Grail/Chaos/Blood knights.

>
We need one for each of the new factions.

is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/???

sounds like a posible alternative. But still my problem is the workshop not displaying any mods.
Is that only on my end or does anyone here have the same issue?

>STILL the best in the series

What went so right?

Is there such a thing as a too elite army

I hate slaanesh. Hes the enemy of old /r9k/.

>and the patron of the newfaggotry that happens there

they have a charge bonus on par with chaos knights with lance, but I don't remember their armor value. They are in a tier below top tier

God Tier
>swords of chaos, royal altdorf gryphites
Great tier
>Grail Knights, Demis w/ Halberds, Blood Knights, Grail Guardians
Good Tier
>Demigryphs, Chaos Knights w/ Lances, Dragon Princes

workshops fucky for me too, no mods showing up atm

T. Luke Cage
>the best
>go too slow and everyone else is a deathstack
>go too fast and everyone declares war even before realm divide
>go medium and those 1PM's you left behind will be gobbled up by your neighbouring clan who then declares war on you

Fuck are those would be marauders, and if you're playing SFO why aren't you using Reiksguard
Also swap a steam tank for a mortar for the debuff

I don't really give a fuck if CA made them into something they're not. They're supposed to be heavily armored yet very fast cavalry, that hits decently hard but S3 is still pretty embarrassing.

It's been the case for a couple of hours for me.

pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
Updated pastebin of what we miss with empire units

Soon

Hoping the star dragon has unique animation

I remember there was really in-depth guide to whole S2 economics and battles. It was done really well with all mechanics explenation and pictures.
I tried to find it last week but couldn't google it.
Anyone have a link?

based Demigryph Knights

shred the most powerful infantry in the game

what mortar debuff? I have SFO and I don't see anything in their skills on the unit card

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in total war modding, such as the strikingly realistic classic Europa Barbarorum or its medieval counterpart Stainless Steel. Radious mod will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Radious mod, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.
Superficially, Radious mod appears to be a mod which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of strategy" are, they fail to realize that Radious mod is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Radious mod pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.
As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Radious mod would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of Total War modding for centuries to come.

>battles

I got all the guidance you need right here:

>recruit a fuckton of Yari Ashigaru
>put them in yari wall
>win

>what are bows

You're right:

>recruit a fuckton of Yari Ashigaru and Bow Samurai
>put Ashigaru in yari wall with bows behind them
>win

Mortars can target the ground, so due to firing arcs when battle lines meet you just centre the shots at the back of the unit, this means it should almost hit the AI not your dudes, and artillery hits give a massive morale debuff causing the line to break
>tfw this is exatly what the AI does

SFO is not radious

your prose is shit

SFO wouldn't be as lazy to just use the cover of the 7th ed army book tho

"targeted by artillery" gives -8 morale

Is Limmy okay?

>Chaos Knights w/ Lances
Weren't they overpriced and easily slaughtered by Demigrypths previously?

Who the fuck chooses trinkets?

Post useless units. inb4 Slayers

>trinkets
So you wouldn't ask for Nagash's crown just to make Manfred realise there are men greater than him
>destroy city walls
>there archers now have no cover
>mangonels destory them
>muskets now kill all leftover defends
>yari walls stop them sallying out

Mangonels are more useless.

A Total War in an historic Irish setting perhaps?