Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31
Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/73533221
gamefaqs.com/boards/981313-etrian-odyssey-iii-the-drowned-city/56546027
etrian.wikia.com/wiki/Monsters_(Etrian_Odyssey_III)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would you go into Olympia's tent?

>reviving ded general
Just let it rest until november

Post blondes.

Yes. Let us have a nice party with a lot of my fellow blondes.

1. Free tents

no
Where will I post REAPER REAPER then?
The leddit discord?

What do you think are the chances of EMD2 coming to the west?
Not that I would want it.

High now that Persona is not there delaying everything else like a diva with special needs.

that feel when could have had EOV already but Persona 5 happened

Where did you buy them keychains?

I did use Grimoires but they were mostly to enhance damage skills and other things like Auto Lick. Berserker Bow was a skill that tried because people were talking about how good it was, but it did nothing for me, even with a maxed Grimoire.

What's her end-game?

Protection vow needs the protegees to be below 45% HP. If they manage to tank a hit (or are that low from the start), protection vow works wonder. Specially against Ur-Child's attacks which won't use up the cover limit (except for eternal exodus, but sentinel guard/defend command can tank its uncharged version just fine).

Have you tried the chainmail bikini? If your tank tanks my love/my anger/my sorrow with it equipped, those attacks do next to nothing. And even for protector, losing the armor isn't that big of a deal since they already have their shields and equipment defense doesn't amount to that much.

I gave Ur-Child a second try today with my Hi/P - G/So/H team. Somehow they managed to survive while Gunner dealt constant damage with charge shots and Blind is amazing as they were never hit by his attacks while under that ailment. But that's it, as soon as he pulled out the Origin Buds, it was over. Why would he be able to do two moves per turn, one being a OHKO attack, is beyond me, but hey, at least I managed to take out one bud before he shot Exodus at me. I even used Dauntless Order in hopes they'd survive and guess what? They did, just to be murdered because that piece of shit attack is multihit.

But I think I could manage, I'll have to Rest or just retire Hexer since she's Lv99 already and focus on debuffs including Weakening, Blind, binds and Chained Benefit. I have equipped a Max Lv Weakening Curse grimoire also so i'm set on that.

Now an important question: what makes Troubadour better than Sovereign? I keep reading it is the best class in the game.

>Beat Champion's Hall, and now decide to do completion shit in EMD
>Realize I need a DOE encounter / drops in a dungeon that will now elongate to 99 floors if I clear my forts
>DOE spawns are limited

Truly a cursed game

Troubadour has the better Force Break (Crusade gives 50% more damage without diminishing returns) and works around diminishing returns in general.

In EO2U attack buffs/defence debuffs and defence buffs/attack debuffs have really harsh diminishing returns.
The strongest buff/debuff is 100% effective, the second strongest 60%, the third strongest 20% and anything beyond that has no effect.
For easier math let's take Attack Order, Warrior Song and Frailty Curse - all at 40%.
First one will increase your damage by 40%, the second by (40*0.6)%=24% and the third one by (40*0.2)%=8%.
So overall you get a damage increase of 87% (all multiplied together and rounded down) instead of 174%.

Now Troubadour has two things that work around that:
Fantasias modify resistances directly - additive for 40%points at 20. If the enemy took 100% damage beforehand they take 140% afterwards; if they took 50% they take 90% afterwards, if they took 150% they take 190% afterwards - you get the picture.
And Preludes for whatever reason count as a generic buff and ignore the diminishing returns completely.
So with Warrior Song, Prelude and a Fantasia against an enemy that is neutral to the element used they increase the damage of all elemental damage by 40% three times multiplicatively - so 1.4*1.4*1.4 = 2.744 - almost trippling it.
With Crusade you are looking at 411% damage for one turn.
And you can still use two more attack buffs/defence debuffs since only Warrior's Song falls under the DR system.

Remember to overuse grimoires. Not only to bolster your own skills but to get useful skills from other classes. For the buds, you seem to lack strong area attacks so you might need your two attackers to deal way more damage (are you using point blank with your gunner?).

As for troubador, they simply are beasts, specially for this fight. While they don't get as many useful defensive options as princess, prelude+fantasia is a gigantic bonus for elemental teams, plus reverb which can share and extend buffs among members (which is useful for class exclusive/one-character buffs like compression) and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something else about their skillset. Princess' advantage here is circles and prevent order, which troubador can compensate with grimoires and something else that I'll mention now.

Then, on top of that, they have their force skills: a force boost that freezes buff duration for as long as the boost is active and a force break, crusade, that is like using boosted wolf pack+boosted forest guardian on the same turn. Considering Ur-Child's gimmick is breaking and restoring your force gauge, you will get to use these a lot.
For comparison, princess' force break is useless and her force boost just lets her do what troubador does notively; which, I'll admit, is very good for applying prevent order against dance with lunacy, but there are other ways to avoid that cascade of ailments.

That's a nice and squishy Harbinger.

In that case, what skills should I max on Troubadour? And does the element matter or should I just max one of the three?

And no, I don't have Point Blank, I guess it never sounded interesting, I focused more on elemental charge shots on my gunner.

Ur-Child is neutral to all elements so pick the one you like best. Troub just needs Warrior Song, any Prelude, any Fantasia. You can give her an Attack Order Grimoire if you don't have anyone else using buffs.

Point Blank is still a great idea for Crusade turns. Especially with a Point Blank Burst Shot you get some nice damage.

Getting sweets for being cute.
It doesn't work out for her.

You only need one element for this fight so whichever will do. Reverb could be usefull if you find yourself stripped for turns (just remember that the part of fantasia that matters is the monster debuff, not your buff, though). Troubador also has an anti-ailment skill if you feel the need, but it's not very reliable. Get a salve grimoire also, but just remember that your troubador should be buffing first and foremost. For passives, remember to max speed up and song mastery.
Dance with Lunacy is IMO Ur-Child's most annoying skill. It only uses it twice but it can wreck you completely.

Point blank is great for burst shot, which will lead more damage than any charged shot (I think). For regular charged shots I'm not entirely sure if it's better than attacking twice normally but it lets you coordinate attacks, specially for circles or crusade.

If you need more hints, an user linked this thread some months ago. Autism in that thread aside, it's what made me try ronin (not saying you should replace anything, not yet) and near the end they seem to have figured out most of Ur-Child's pattern
gamefaqs.com/boards/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/73533221

If you look for other threads, you may find some that take more of a nuke approach, skipping phases entirely.

Some user is currently cleaning up some portraits taken from the art book.
He posts a few of them every now and then.

It would be easier to recognize Etrian in mordern clothing if they weren't all blondes with blue eyes...
This one is Genki Princess, right?

Fucking christ I'm fighting the kraken but legs binds either wear off to fast or don't proc and he just heals for half his health

Seems like you don't have enough damage to turn him into calamari while his legs are bound.

I'm doing like 2000 a round. My guys are level 80, have the best gear and are using damage buffs and shit. I don't know what to do because I don't want to spend 20 hours building a new team up from scratch just to kill him. It's shit that he is suppose to be the easiest of the three when I killed the other two with no trouble with this team

Man, the worst part is to get the regular drop you have to kill it without any binds

I've never tried, bit can you petrify him? I remember getting a book as a quest reward that had like 8 petrify squares

He has lethal resistance - so it's like 0.6% before LUC/TEC adjustment or something.
If you want to torture yourself and go through with it remember that the DS has no true RNG.
Instead, things will change depending on your inputs. If you do the same things after loading the safe file, the same things will happen every time.
So if your tries are unsuccessful you need to do something different or it will always fail just the same way.

I mean, would 99 luc and tec make for good odds?

It helps but I don't think you would break the 1%.

Darn, it sure would make getting his unbound drop much easier to get. Otherwise I have to dance around with luck hammer while also keeping him bound. I really wish they showed enemy hp numbers

The Wildling's Wild Mastery skill adds 15% to infliction chances of beasts (as long as the enemy is not outright immune).
Kraken has the same LR to petrify and instant death.
So somehting like a 0.1% chance would become a 15.1% chance if you use the Summon Tiger skill.
And it doesn't even have to be a main class Wildling (although they have the best LUC/TEC for infliction).

Be worth a try,you only have to do it once

I am Glaukos, soldier of Aeaea.
I'd like to ask you ocean city
adventurers for a favor.

I need to borrow your strength...
to defeat the monster threatening
Aeaea...

There's not much else I can tell
you, but...it's just something I
have to do for her sake...

After meeting up with the old soldier in Aeaea, you let him lead you to the monster's last location.
Could it have noticed you? Suddenly a gigantic and grotesque shadow appears beneath the water!

Atop the bulging mass of creature is a beautiful woman with a tragic expression...
You are quickly brought back to reality when the old soldier yells at you! His blade is already drawn!
Join him in the fight and capture his indomitable spirit as you challenge the grotesque beast!

>Atop the bulging mass of creature is a beautiful woman with a tragic expression...

After a fierce battle, you finally succeed in defeating the monster!
The old soldier gazes on as the
beast crumbles into the deep, a
tear rolling down his cheek...
You are left to wonder why as he
thanks you and asks that you set
a course for the city
You comply, and make ready to
report your results to the ocean
city

My eyes glazed over reading this when I relized what this was from

I'm playing EO3 but I can't find a guide for drops anywhere. I've been doing OK so far trying to remember what the drunk in the tavern tells me but it would be a whole lot easier if I didn't need to memorize it all and I still don't know what boss drops what and how to get it.

I know there is an unlock guide, so you just have to cross reference that with the monsters wiki pages

I tried doing that but the monster pages only tell you what they drop and mark the special drops with () but they don't tell you the conditions needed to make them drop.

I find it super odd too because EOU2 had a pretty solid guide easily available for everything.

What? yes they do. Which monster are you having trouble with?

gamefaqs.com/boards/981313-etrian-odyssey-iii-the-drowned-city/56546027

A city with that name deserves to be destroyed.

Hyginus' work?

Nah I saw it to many times grinding with the Scylla quest

>Heracles encountered Scylla during a journey to Sicily and slew her. Her father, the sea-god Phorcys, then applied flaming torches to her body and restored her to life.
So is that the Overlord's true name?

I feel silly. I was looking at etrian.wikia.com/wiki/Monsters_(Etrian_Odyssey_III) and didn't think to click directly on the monster links.

Thank you. I found this earlier but it wasn't what I'm looking for. It might be odd but I prefer to just get as many of everything as I can while exploring and have items randomly appear for me.

Btw, any money making tips? I'm poor as fuck making barely enough money by walking back each run instead of using a thread.

I tried killing greedy lizards but I can only take 2 each run and I don't have the money to sleep until they respawn.

Farmers

Like, 4 farmers and a hoplite. Go crazy

>choosing coverage over power/efficiency

buy my geimu

You're cute but I honestly don't enjoy Mystery Dungeons.

alrighty, just for you

Where can I listen to Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2s full OST?

This will make a fine addition to my collection

Ok, I did it, I just finished leveling up to 99 a new Troubadour and a Survivalist, now I have High, Protector, DH, Gunner, Princess, Hexer and WM along those two all at Lv99. Help me build a team against Ur-Child.

So as far as I understood, I'll add:

>Troubadour for Prelude, Fantasia, Warrior Song and give her Attack Order grimoire too
>Hexer with Frailty Lv20, Weakening, Blinding, Binds and Chained Benefit
>Gunner with Burst Shot, Point Blank and Quick Action

What other two units could complete my team? Any tips regarding what Grimoires to use?

>burn your daughter
>she magically revives
Greeks are retarded

I ripped the game's soundtrack from the ROM and converted it to .flac, if that's what you're looking for.

I have a feeling I will on an impulse buy and regret it an hour later.

I think it's meant to be more poetic than literal.

Even as poetic this is fucking stuoid

Freeshop.

Is there anything wore then no radar areas?

No radar areas that spin you around and have teleport mazes.

No radar areas with spin tiles.
No radar areas with holes.

Except I love no radar areas.

No radar areas with darkness and invisible teleports

excelent

delet

more

Why is that mentally deficient rabbit manhandling comfiness?

The demo, Nene. Hand it over.

Come at me!

DELICIOUS BUNNY

MUST PENETRATE

[heavy breathing intensifies]

Anyway, I was reading in an earlier thread that masuraos and fencers are the least useful?
Aw.

What? Fencers I can give you, but Masuraos? With the 4 Katana meme build? No fucking way.

Both masurao trees are pretty good. Fencer is disappointing a best, evasion one is can be pretty fun but no really best as your only tank

I give up against Ur-Child. This is way too much setup just for one boss. I checked the video with the Survivalist duo but the guy has them retired and with max grimoires. I just can't be bothered if I can't even get close enough to deal at least 1/4th damage with my usual team. Cheesing him just sounds too cheap and boring, it is a horrible conclusion to this very long journey with my team of friends and it pisses me off.

What's your team?

>not /etrian/

It's like you want to be unprepared for all the guests we'll be receiving.

Masurao's crossing the sanzu and Fencer's sylphid breaks the game.
Don't listen to the people here who haven't played the game and base their knowledge only on the skill sim.

My original team was Highlander/Protector - Gunner/Sovereign/Hexer. I then raised a Dark Hunter and a War Magus to get rid of the dragons and Heca. Now I raised a Troubadour and a Survivalist to try different setups so now I have a whooping nine different units, all at Lv99 not retired.

I managed to beat Ur-Child with a Highlander/WM/Beast/Gunner/Hexer party, so I'm sure you'll be able to do so as well if you keep at it
A thing to keep in mind is that Ur-Child follows a predetermined pattern, and knowing that pattern helps significantly. I believe the pattern is on Gamefaqs

This place is barely gonna get more traffic. Compared to now sure I guess, but neither Untold did much and neither will 5

What? When U2 came out we would burn at least 3 threads per day. That's absurd considering our little game.

Post 'em.

I remember there being 120+ IPs per thread too.

Blondes are more popular, right?

>Only 80 hours on best game
Shit taste.