/acg/ - Armored Core General

TGS hype or despair edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/VJ0zP
youtube.com/watch?v=Gbj8KF5us9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone have a link to that UnAC tourney? who's running it?

Bump.

Been gone for a few months. Any AC news yet? Or any new mech games coming out in general?

Nothing really.

there's a few user's working on projects (one of which is a patch for last raven).

No new official AC news, except for still being in 'early production'. From's been super quiet ever since the dark souls DLC, there's literally no news at all, AC or not. Some people are hoping they're doing something with sony because it means more info at TGS or PSX later this year.

Garrison Archangel is neat, it's an early dev arena mech game that uses AC-like customization
MAV just got some big updates
War Tech Fighters just came out, not sure what to make of it yet but looks alright
Gundam Breaker 3 is basically Bandai's new fresh rip off of AC. It just got ported to the West for PS4.

Last Raven makes me enter the rage cage bump.

getting your shit pushed in?

you bet

Overcome it, become the Last Raven

You can only handle Raging Torrent for so much until you become the torrent.

Finally beat the fucker.

he barely dodges and overheats easily though. Just bring a fuckton of VS ECM (dual back radars, tune head for ECM, Kanji optional part).

Bump.

would be more impressive if it wasn't a trace

you're a trace.

No, I'm a Realist. Not some fool.

All that I've wanted to do was to revive the ways of the old...

Even if it's a trace it's still impressive to me.

Would you?

Target verified

commencing hostilities

Would I?

>gen 1 nineball instead of nine breaker nine ball
10/10

>just bring a fuckton of VS ECM (dual back radars, tune head for ECM, Kanji optional part).

or focus on killing the MTs first.

if you gave me a better design, maybe.

What game mechanic(s) do you not want to return in future Armored Core games?

physical defense and energy defense. heat generation, booster heat, inside weapons, flamethrowers, linear weapons.

Any chance AC games will be ported to PS4? Or some remasters?

Not likely. There is always a chance, sure, but unless Armored Core becomes an overnight sleeper hit, after a years long nap, most parties involved aren't going to see any profit in making it happen.

From doesn't make remasters. The one exception I can think of is the revolution disc on Nexus, which remade a few PS1 missions using the PS2 game engine.

But sometimes they will do ports. AC1 is already ported to PS4 a a classic, and a few of the PS2 games got PSP ports. It's possible that if they make a new AC game and it sells acceptably, they'll follow up with Vita or VR ports of some of the older games, but I wouldn't consider it likely at all. It would be a 5th tier side project for the company and only done to hype up some other release, so they would first half to have something to hype.

>AC1 is already ported to PS4
You mean PS3. PS4 does not have any PS1 capability. Only forms of 'backwards compatibility' you get are "PS2onPS4" digital PS2 remasters, and Vita ports.

Bump before bed.

Stay alive, buddies.

>Sony TGS games revealed
>no from software
Why are we still here

because no one has made anything remotely close to a proper AC game since 2013

they are doing a press conference on the 19th I think, SOMEONE is going to ask about From Software, even if they aren't presenting it would be very stupid of Sony not to answer the question with at least a Yes/No about whether or not they are at the show

I used to dislike his design, but all the fanart of Cascade range (plus that one model kit) is really making me love him.

Because EDF 5 yo.

Literally the only game in the entire Sony lineup I'm excited for, except maybe Monster Hunter World.

MHW looks pretty good.

I'm looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport.

There's also a lot of gaps in the schedule, plenty of time for secret reveals.

I'm excited for more KH3 gameplay.

webmshare.com/VJ0zP

just give it up. Its only a rope away.

People have so much shit taste right now to play proper mech games, and current mech games are dying left and right, hawken, MWO i dont know what else are there. They just don't attract plebs.

Donyou guys play on PS3 or 360? Found both versions of AC4A for cheap.

>just give it up. Its only a rope away.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Pretty much everyone is on PS3.

I need to buy AC3.

mech games are actually doing pretty well lately, there's a lot of indie projects and there are more good mech games in the last 4 years than there have been bad ones. They're just not "proper" mech games because most of them have non-mech elements too, or are spinoffs of other games.

>Gundam breaker is not bad
>Gundam Vs.
>Xenoblade Chronicles X is a pseudo-mech game (ARPG with a very heavy mech focus)
>Mechwarrior 5 is finally announced with a release date (2018)
>There's a new battletech game coming out
>Titanfall, while barely a mech game, is still popular and still selling well, enough to get a sequel last year
>Transformers: Devastation got very high reviews
>There's a new Earth Defense Force, as Xez mentioned.
>Nier Automata is all cyborgs and mechs fighting, Code Vein looks like it's going to be robot combat too

And then there's a bunch of indie mech games too
>Archangel (VR)
>Garrison Archangel
>War tech fighters
>Strike Suit Zero
>Project Nimbus

And these are all relatively new releases. Mechs are marketable and we're seeing a slow creep of mechs as both an aesthetic and gameplay mechanic coming back.

also I want to re-emphasize titanfall. Even though it plays like a first person shooter, it is EXPLICITLY marketed as a "mech game" as it's main appeal. The fact that it's sales are higher than everything else on that list should tell you that "mech" games are actually popular, what's unpopular is "mech gameplay" which has failed to modernize/adapt to modern consoles and controls.

VR is also a good boost for mechs as a genre because Cockpit style gameplay is intuitive and an obvious choice for VR.

Bump.

Bump

Bump.

Bump.

Bump

just emulate it

But, I need to collect them all.

this isn't pokemon, son

model kit never ever

armored core 2 model kit ZCH-GR/1

>$134
Why live

Get scalped son.

bump.

Bump.

bump

Ah, we rise from the ashes again. Good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gbj8KF5us9Q

we've had threads up consistently all week

has a general ever lasted more than ous? btw since how long has /acg/ existed?

Zinaida a shit

UNAC tourney details for anyone interested:

Game: Armored Core: Verdict Day Console: Irrelevant Tournament Format: Round Robin, tentatively - Best of 3 Versus Type: 1v1 Match Time Limit: 5 Minutes Limitations: None Here's the TL;DR: Submit your UNAC to me via Discord - text, pictures, video - doesn't matter how I get it. After I get everyone's UNACs, I run every submission through a Round Robin style tournament (every contestant fights every other contestant once) or a Swiss System if I get too many entrants. I will record all the matches and post them so everybody can see the mecha-mons duke it out. Ok so I'll try to keep the rest of this short and to the point. Basically, if you want to participate, build a UNAC and send me that shit by September 30th. Because of the nature of UNACs, folks from either console can participate by virtue of just sending me their UNAC. It will take a while for me to run the tournament, since I'll just be running the fights myself. I am not sure whether I will run the fights in the test arena or through mock battle. If y'all have an opinion one way or another, you let me know. All fights will be uploaded, so you can watch the action unfold. Matches will be a best of three and the format will be a Round Robin, where every contestant fights every other contestant once. Highest score at the end wins. That will be the case unless I get a ton of submissions, in which case I'll swap to having a Swiss System tournament, where I'll use fancy maths to make each UNAC fight more-or-less its equals instead of literally every other UNAC.

I think we should bring this up again. Emulation is definitely something that needs to be addressed in the OP.
Several.
/acg/ got its proper start a few weeks, maybe about a month, before the release of V.