XCOM General - /xcg/

Very Useful Edition

Previous Mission News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

>>didn't put THE GUNS in OP
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=1132835147

MISCREANTS

So why are all Sectoid clones anyway?

pistols are useful

Fighting Lost is fun, I thought.

Abusing the Lost World dark event bug for more kills and XP will be fun, I thought.

Don't fall for the Lost World meme.

LW1 was a clear-cut improvement for EW and a must-play for anybody that wanted to get the most out of that game. I can't really say the same for LW2 and X2 right now, it's much more of a mixed bag. There's a lot of unintuitive decision choices and personally I feel that it breaks the fine line between length and tedium that LW1 managed to balance. The tactical layer feels nicer and has more depth to it in most cases, but the strategy layer feels like it's designed to just suck the fun out of it and make you feel like you're accomplishing nothing.
Of course, LW2 for WotC might fix all of that, but I'm having doubts it's going to get made. It's pretty likely that 2K paid Pavonis to make LW2 just for some extra buzz for X2 while WotC was being worked on, and they probably want to work on that 4X game they were talking about before.

Cooking with the warlock:
I AM THE ELDERS GRATEST CHAMPION!

So, WotC is a must buy?

Does the templar heal faster stack with infirmary?

yes, like EW was

On Covert Ops ambushes, do reinforcements continue to drop or can I kill that first pod and then just deal with the patrols?

Just the one as far as I've seen.

>It's pretty likely that 2K paid Pavonis to make LW2 just for some extra buzz for X2 while WotC was being worked on

Yes. I can't see LW2 WOTC being made on salary since XCOM2 is finished and XCOM3 is approaching.

r8

STOP USING BLAZING PINIONS

STOP USING DEVASTATE

STOP BLOWING UP MY COVER AND SUMMONING MORE ZOMBIES

Xcom are mean.

Real talk time: if you could just make every soldier a grenader, why wouldn't you? I mean literally 100% grenaders.

Might be too much effort to edit out the reproductive parts of the human genome, especially if you're leaving in sexual dimorphism to maintain the illusion that they are human volunteers AND you're going to psionically control them totally so that reproduction should never become an issue.

So since I don't have to worry about things like constantly increasing panic from abduction missions in 2, can I in theory take as long as I want to complete the campaign? I mean as long as I can stop avatar project black events

Everybody complaining about Low Profile should have 6 Sgt. or lower Grenadiers at all times

Shitty aim, inability to double-move and attack, no support abilities outside of flashbangs and smoke bombs.

Mod for Long Hair types w/Physics when.

Fire axe didn't think that far ahead, stop doing their job for them.

So what you're saying is

Skirmishers dating each other and discovering love for the first time in their species is a thing that could totally happen

>Surgical supply raid with a guaranteed greatest champion.
How fucked is it gonna be with everyone having mindshields?

Early game grenadiers kinda suck vs. the lost

Yes, I don't know the rate tho.

Warlock AI doesn't know how to deal with mindshields. He'll keep trying to mindscorch and mindcontrol to no effect.

I think his zombies might be more of a problem. With only 3 soldiers THEY will eat up your shots more than usual. He spawns like 4 at a time in his final state.

Could be, lets see in Xcom3 also if they can reproduce the Human population may wage a war against the Skirmishers since they are "alien" and if they can reproduce it brings a danger of them being the majority species on earth. I mean they could fuck like rabbits for all we know plus the ones still in the manufacturing labs could range to a million at least.

Mutons have nice biceps

>Get researches to reuse weapon mods and soldier upgrades
>Cant unequip them
DANGIT

Do you see a penis?

I really want a mod that makes the warlock able to discern what can and can't be hit with mind stuff, and maybe one that makes it so his gun deals more damage to people with mindshields as a trade off

How do you guys get corpses in your posters

Is it just where they fall dead in the actual mission?

Just replace them with lesser mods.

You literally just need one extra mod and you can move everything wherever you want it

When was that shown?

Yes, just browse through the locations

Mod idea: Hunter no longer has a gun he kills people with his banter

nyyeeeehhhhh

>Is it just where they fall dead in the actual mission?
Yes

Lord our saviour and commander his prophet, may you be blesse....

Right now the mod I've been working on has the Warlock being able to summon zombies in his engaged state and I've given his gun/Mind Control higher priority instead of Mind Scorch being so high up. I'm not sure if there's already a way for the game to check whether a soldier is holding an item when it's interacting with them in the tactical layer, but the zombies help a bit with making them less trivial with Mindshields.

I'm happier with my work with the Hunter so far, just fixing his messed up movement priorities made him a lot more threatening alone. He'll properly grapple to high ground and take shots at you instead of just grappling and running away, but if he can get an opportune grenade he'll go for it. I'm trying to find a nice middle ground between them Dazing you and attacking.

Well he certainly doesn't kill people with his gun, so anything to make him actually a threat I guess.

Continuing on this, this would actually be a really interesting premise for a movie.

Imagine a movie about a species just given free will discovering things, including love

Mod that just adds the Skirmisher Judgement skill to Hunter.

After each hit he will talk shit about how much of a pussy ass little pinch it was, then the soldier panic or berserks.
Give him the ability to face-off & hotload bullets with effect based on ayyliums on the field.

Warlock died like the meme he is to a rapid fire shotgun to face.Almost lost 2 guys to a gatekeeper+purifier pod because "AoE dmg lol"

>Claymore does double damage against a Chosen weak to Reapers regardless who actually triggers it
Good to know

They're mostly human though - I'd imagine you've got a horse/donkey situation with them. Normal humans can probably breed with them, but the offspring might not be reproductively viable themselves.

Or maybe it'll be H. sapiens/neanderthalensis all over again and they will be, at which point they're not really a reproductive threat.

>Imagine a movie about a species just given free will discovering things, including love
You act like that hasn't been done a bunch.

I think Mules are sterile. I was thinking like how in the Marvel Universe, mutants are seen as a threat because they could be the dominant species of the earth even though they're so little.

Fun pistol fact: when you use Shadowfall, the Shadowkeeper releases a charge of pure goddamn hatred and disdain for all ayys.
Pistols are useful.

New chosen idea: They drink all your pepsi and call you a bitch

>pepsi
Who gives a shit

Even if they aren't reproductively viable, you could gene mod them to be or you could just engineer the children in a lab. It's not like all the alien tech dies with the leadership.

>mutants are seen as a threat because they could be the dominant species of the earth even though they're so little.
Mutants are seen as a threat even after their all made sterile. Marvel's just retarded.

>being a pepsi drinker
Otherwise, solid idea

Yeah but more extreme

>the offspring are not reproductively viable

Yes, that's exactly what this means, the offspring are unable to reproduce, aka sterile.

But we know that sapiens x neanderthalensis offspring must have been because neanderthal genes persist in mordern human populations.

>Glitch where your character pool's customization get randomized everytime you exit the game was never fixed
>Still have to reinstall the fucking game to fix it

After house of M? They can reproduce again, forgot what happened tho. I haven't read anything after siege/dark reign.

I don't know enough anthropology to argue what you're saying

>Yeah but more extreme

I guess this is anthropology, but it's also evolutionary biology, which is the angle I'm approaching it from.

>They can reproduce again,
No, trace Terrigen Mist in the atmosphere from Black Bolt being retarded rendered them all sterile. But they might have been fixed again since the last time I checked.

>fucker still hasn't updated mercenary plasma weapons

fugg, I hate the vanilla plasma guns so goddamn much

Anyone know another reskin that looks good for them available for WOTC?

Yeah I get what you're saying but what I'm saying I don't know enough to argue so lets just let the issue rest.

They made them sterile again after house of M? Well look on the brightside, after the inhuman tv show flop Marvel will probably stop pushing them. Also iirc the mist only gave them Mpox which resulted to dying and not sterility(?)

Has anyone figured out yet what is the deal with the extra abilities from the training center? I've seen soldiers with 5 extra powers and some with 3. Is 6 even possible?

I fucking hate this shit where my soldier can either by a demigod or a completely useless fuck depending on the roll of the dice, it's specially aggravating with the faction soldiers since they are so hard to get. I'm looking at you you non-bladestorm rolling fuck.

This movie looks cool but I was more imagining two skirmishers dating each other

It's just random roll of the dice how much Xcom skills you can get. It's better than the AWC where it was completely random atleast with Training center there's some form of choice.

>I hate the vanilla plasma guns so goddamn much
The worst taste in this entire thread.

>after the inhuman tv show flop Marvel will probably stop pushing them
That doesn't mean they'll start pushing Mutants. They didn't even put a single Mutant in Marvel vs Capcom.

>Also iirc the mist only gave them Mpox which resulted to dying and not sterility(?)
That's full blown Mpox. Trace amounts of the Mist got all over the world and sterilized all the mutants on earth.

>Someone used my poster for OP

Maybe it would be too unfair, but what about mindshields not preventing the daze effect? You could immediately wake up your units without chance of disorientation but you'd still have to get over there to wake them up.

Chosen have a big problem with trying to use their daze attacks on mindshield units.

>This movie looks cool but I was more imagining two skirmishers dating each other
So like Blade Runner?

I think Blue and Gold are selling well (or Blue at least) they're both in the top 100. They might start pushing them, I mean the new line up is selling under 10k and the only ones that sell are #1s, events and the old staple heroes. Also Mpox killing a bunch of mutants like Cyke and Madox and Medusa acting so surprised about it during the end of Inhumans vs Mutants was such a cop out, she was evacuating the mutants with the royal family since she knows the effects of the cloud.

Is anyone making a ABA-Chosen Mod? I'd really like smarter chosen.

with the new torso gear slot titties should be possible

Real talk, they're being far too cagey about it for it NOT to be in development.

>even the firaxis devs say 'no comment' when asked about it

>tfw at that point of the campaign where it's too easy, but I still have like 10 missions left before I can finish it
fug

I wonder, Loverslab lot seem pretty dedicated. Might be just a dream.

>Start new game
>9 days in and everythings going swell so far.
>50% research time hack boost woo!
>Customize all my squaddies and corporals to my liking

>Realize I forgot to start building anything
>No prior saves because retard

Welp.
At least I'm early.

C-can I just use a gatecrasher skip mod? Does that exist for WotC? So tired of it.

>two skirmishers dating each other

No, they should be dating humans.

Console commands

Post soldier progressions

I'm pretty sure all my soldiers got 4 except for my Templar that got 5.

>C-can I just use a gatecrasher skip mod?

Quicker Start works fine with WOTC.

>Tactical Compatibility
Suuuure.

>They might start pushing them
Not until they get the movie rights back, which basically won't happen.

C A N O N

I'm giving it a shot, see

Eh, Fox X-men movies are better than MCU so I don't mind and what's the point of reading anything X-men besides Claremont stuff since everything is so tainted now.

Good stuff user, maybe make them use their guns more?

>Just got WotC
>30GB download

Consider doing something about Hunter before he engages you. Tracking Shot spam only does something on massive maps.

Vindictus Hair Pack is as close as you're going to get

Is there a mod to give my soldiers casual clothes in the Avenger? they look so stuffy in their bright colored jumpsuits.

>tfw midnight release and people were dling the game with like 100mb/s download speeds and u stuck at 5mb/s

>bright colored
You have only yourself to blame for this.

Try peaking at 900kbps while you live 1km away from the city centre
This street is so shit

Camera mod for WotC?

How to make Hunter a better fight:

Right now he's a joke.

Here's what I'd propose.

Hunter shoots one XCOM member in the leg and dazes them. Does like 2-3 damage. Then it puts a visible over-watch field around that dazed XCOM unit.

You have to run an over-watch gauntlet if you want to get them out essentially. One over-watch to get in, one to get out and one for the dazed target to get out. He will shoot anyone left in the range on his turn for free. If you manage to hit him though you can remove the Overwatch, but he'll start doing this from very far away. Each turn the dazed target isn't revived, he will plug them for another 2-3 damage as a free action and finally will capture/interrogate them if they get within killing range HP. You can help to counter this by building smokebombs and throwing them in before running in or by using lighting reflex Rangers or Aid Protocol.

On Alternate turns, he will plant normal grenade proximity mines between you and him and when you get really close he will put mines in his over-watch area, making it harder to rescue people. He will also summon beasties and do whatever perks he has rolled.

Essentially it would feel a lot like this Fight in Metal Gear.

That's exactly what I've done, right now I'm trying to make their movement a bit smarter. The AI seems very satisfied with itself if it can move one tile away from a flank.
I've been brainstorming on what to do about him. I might try giving Tracking Shot no cooldown and not have the Hunter reliant on squadsight and see how it feels playing through a mission.

New faction idea: Buys you pepsi and reaffirms your self worth