/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #928 - Blueballing Cat Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/giugabs/status/907085380943536128
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Self-Destruct_Button
youtube.com/watch?v=ljXhbxSWJg0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No he isn't.

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

First for Sally's disgust

Post the last Sonic releated image that made you laugh
I need a good one right about now

Sonic is cute

wait I thought Silver was gay

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

He is!

This is how it started.

He's as cute as you are fast, so not at all.

I got tons of them

Is there a main character more loved than Sonic? With other series, you usually see people gravitate towards side characters because the MC is usually just a generic personality even if he is likable. For example, you rarely see people say they like Mario best. They prefer Luigi or Wario. But Sonic is always consistently the top on popularity lists and there's no fans that actually hate him.

I wonder if most people would rather husbando these guys than waifu Dulcy.

Cat got off on teasing him too much

Happy Birthday to that one user.

>Character that only existed in a bastardization of what made sonic good, and never existed outside of that. Nor even fit the rest of the cast design wise until recently, which just died.
>Characters that actually exist in the mainline games, one of which technically is as old as Sonic and Eggman.
I'nno, you tell me.

When he's the only one doing anything it's hard to notice the other characters.

Heavy Magician is my girlfriend and only has eyes for me

So, when are we getting that Forces news? How about we see a stage that's not Park Avenue or Green Hill.

Which Dulcy we talking about here?

Still practicing this fucking thing.
Why is it so hard to transfer one skill on to the other.

Heavy Magician has nothing on Heavy Rider and you fucking know it.

Not really the same, though. Having grown up with the series and knowing all the characters, I like the rest of the cast in general much more than I like Sonic. I like Sonic too, but he's definitely not even in my top 5 favourites.
I imagine for people who've been interested for only the last decade or so they probably like Sonic - but what choice do they have? The games don't focus on anyone else so of course they will.
That's not to shit on Sonic, he is good, but it's a little bit of unfair competition nowadays.

Try saying that 11 years ago when Sonic wasn't even the star of the game he was named after

That said it helps Sonic has a personality unlike most other platform protagonists. That's partially the reason he shot to fame and fortune in the first place. It's almost like injecting just the slightest amount of effort into differentiating yourself from the crowd makes you pleasing and memorable, as long as you know how to write well that is

I genuinely like Sonic (even as a top 5 favorite character) regardless of the frequency but with the limited experience and knowledge of other series, I can't really think of a main character that's genuinely loved rather than recognized.

>tfw forces only has two stages

It's too late user, the game's out in two months. It's likely we've seen everything the game has to offer but the extra stages

Honestly I liked Heavy Magician's design the most even before finding out she was a grill

I hate Sonic though.

No you don't

I'll be honest, Heavy Magician is the most interesting design.
Personally, Heavy Gunner all the way, the lovable loose cannon.

I would rather play as every character but sonic, im fucking tired of sonic actually. 5 games in a row hes been the only one playable

I'm just talking about personality user.

That's more Sonic Team's incompetence and belief every single character should play extremely different from him to justify their existence. It added to why people don't like friends in the first place

Hope for Whitehead to include Amy in his next game or something. That cast is as good as dead

I really want to see the forest, hexagon and Eggman base (?) stages that were briefly shown in the Infinite trailer.

Sonic is my favorite character

kys

user, don't be rude!

This
Having to use him all the time and no one else is starting to make me like him less desu

Eggman, please.

Nothing to say about Sonic at the moment. We still have to wait a month or two for Forces and news from IDW, and autism can only fuel a general so far.

What do we talk about then?

Shipwars of course

Sally being canonically a lezbo cyber scissoring with Nicole?

Can't we just be comfy?

Well, it's better than every other Sally paring. So yeah, let's talk about it.

I like everything about "Sonic the Hedgehog" except Sonic himself. I want to punch that arrrrogant rodent in the face so hard.

Who's ready to be a hero?

Unleashed atmosphere and music makes me feel comfy, which is paradoxical since the world was torn apart in a global catastrophe.

>give me and me my friends

That's how I would act if I met Sonic.

What would Sonic's autograph look like?

The boy is stuttering and nervous

English is likely the artist's first language. Cut her a break.

twitter.com/giugabs/status/907085380943536128

Because fictional characters can't be Friends, they all must want to bang each other

Unleashed probably has the best overall atmosphere of any Sonic game in my opinion. I really like it.

But Sally x Nicole was officially confirmed by the writer.

*likely not
oops

Can Tails play the piano?

It has not stopped raining ever since this hurricane showed up

I was going to say he could in Boom, but that was Knuckles

I kind of wished the countries had a bit more going for them, they seemed generic, but yes comfiness was nice.

Comfy thread please

>turns Sonic's world into generic cookie cutter countries from our world
Unleashed is trash

Romance shouldn't be in Sonic in any capacity. Not even Amy and Sonic. Why can't Amy just admire Sonic without having to fall in love with him? It's so fucking stupid and awkward

You sound pretty fucking stupid and awkward

I might have agreed with you at some point but I've discovered you need a spark of romance somewhere in your work or the shit starts turning lifeless.
See The Force Awakens or any current ongoing Marvel, so devoid of any kind of love between characters, everyone feels like robots.

I'm sorry you can't stop projecting your deserted romantic life into a video game and gets bothered by it.

Why? Because I don't want awkward poorly written romance shit in Sonic? Because any time the franchise has attempted romance it's turned out like garbage? Keep it out of Sonic, it's not the place for it and it's never done well anyways. If the fans wanna do it, more power to it, but keep it out of official material
>Fiction needs romance to not be "lifeless
Jesus fucking christ are people really this delusional? The only reason you'd think this is because your brain's been trained to see shit that isn't romantic as "boring and lifeless". Romance doesn't inherently make something better. In fact, it tends to make it worse, since it's usually shoved in out of obligation

Come on, user. Building a world from scratch would take a lot of tome, and developers have a deadline. Not even Borges was completely original when creating the planet of Tlon.

I'm sure you're right in feeling the way you do

>The only reason you'd think this is because your brain's been trained to see shit that isn't romantic as "boring and lifeless".
I don't know what to say if you actually think this, like you probably didn't think anything weird about all the robotic hugging going on in the movie.

I disagree, romance is a huge part of most long running series. Look at every popular fandom, shipping is huge. People like romance, they like to see characters happy, especially when they are invested them.
I don't think it should all be about romance. But it's fine for it to have shipbait moments like it does. It's not the main focus anyway so if you don't like it you can just ignore it.

no

I agree for the most part. Archie Sonic-tier romance was pretty terrible while it lasted, but I have to admit that I don't really mind shipteases like in Sonic Boom

Probably shoved in there so they could have some form of romance, even if nobody was really asking for it
The problem is that most of the time, it's poorly written garbage that derails anythin interesting going on to focus on whatever boring relationship drama is going on. See Archie Sonic, or hell, if you really want an example outside of Sonic, this shit killed Star Fox.

Characters can be happy without banging someone. Romance is more often than not a crutch for writers to use to hook readers without having to think of anything actually interesting

But it works surprisingly well especially in the case of Sonic and Amy. In fact going with the ship means you can begin making it less prevalent since you don't need to build on it.

I don't understand the problem. Tails is the best friend (or little brother), Knuckles is the friendly rival (or dudebro), Amy is the girlfriend.

Why can't Amy just be the hyperactive female friend? Why does it HAVE to be romantic? Notice that the most like portrayals of Amy outright ignore her crush, if not just tone it own to the point where it could easily be seen as platonic

There is so little fiction without romance being shoehorned in it, it's hard to evaluate if you can do away with romance. There are quite entertaining novels stories without love in them, though. Stevenson, Conrad, Salgari and Rider Haggard wrote intense page turners with little to no romance.

The Force Awakens wasn't shit due to a lack of romance. A New Hope barely had anything resembling romance, yet it was great. Having enjoyable friendships and other relationships between characters doesn't require explicit romance.

Oh I'm in no way defending Archie Sonic, that shit was bad. I'm just saying I don't disagree with the notion of romance in the series. So for me, I think the shipbaiting suits it perfect. It's little moments that don't take over the main plot, which works imo.

>Romance is more often than not a crutch for writers to use to hook readers without having to think of anything actually interesting
Idk, I disagree user. Romance between characters can be fun.
I think the only thing I ever want to see in terms of set romance would be if the series ever had to end I guess. Otherwise I don't think I want anything established.

>See The Force Awakens or any current ongoing Marvel, so devoid of any kind of love between characters, everyone feels like robots.

That's because they were badly written and acted, not because there were no romance.

>Notice that the most like portrayals of Amy outright ignore her crush
what

>There is so little fiction without romance being shoehorned in it
That's not true either

This can't be a real card.

My favorite portrayal of Amy is Boom, and this Sonic-obsessing is probably toned down because she practically is his girlfriend.

With competent writers the romance wouldn't be in your face. If you want to see a romantic relationship that would come closest to Sonic and Amy being written properly just look at Joe and Sylvia.

No where did I say that was the only problem with the movie. I said it made it stick out awkwardly. Leia gets the same emotional reaction from Chewie she does Han.

it is
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Self-Destruct_Button

Read that a striptease by accident. I was excited.

>that card

You'd be surprised at what cards are actually real.
Shit is ridiculous. And dumb.

Sonic can't have a girlfriend, because that's against the core of his character. He's free like the wind. Why do you think he says "long time no see" so often, even to Tails? He's off on his own, exploring the world while everyone else is tending to their own lives. Having a girlfriend means either tying him down or giving him a pointless fling.

I love cards like these.

>Not banned across every format
What a terrible game.

Edited for accuracy

Why would you make a card like this?

Discarding your have vs ending the game in a tie if your behind in life are two very different problems.

Because fuck you and fuck me

youtube.com/watch?v=ljXhbxSWJg0

That's not a lack of romance, that's romance done poorly. You seem to be confusing "romance isn't in the story" with "these characters are supposed to be in love but it doesn't feel like it."

In romantic fiction usually once romance is achieved the story is at an end, the interesting part of it the journey not the destination.

There's actually a lot of reasons to cards like these.

Discarding your hand is basically asking for a loss in magic anyway.

>getting completely ROASTED in a tournament
>pull this shit whenever you're close to losing
>free draws

I feel like these lines can be easily blurred, no where did it feel like anyone was in love with anyone in the Force Awakens, though even the general audience can realize it'd be better if they were.

First
I don't think Amy would tie him down anymore than Tails. In fact going with their relationship would probably put Amy on the same level of importance to him as Tails.

Second of all the "Modern" Sonic era Unleashed-present has developed Sonic as being far closer to his friends.