cryptogames.itch.io/super-crypto-land
youtu.be/-CAUHCS6yco
store.steampowered.com/app/334690/Squirreltopia/
store.steampowered.com/app/340340/Domestic_Dog/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_PyrsGHuY
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/126401
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who wants demo vids?

Still alive. Irma didn't affect my power too much, but the internet is horribly slow at the moment. I can at least work on the game more and get the third hotfix in once the internet is back up in full speed. The third hotfix will:
>Fix the boss a bit more
>Add better frame transitioning when the player is moving in the air
>*possibly* increase the time limit for the agdg easter egg
I don't want to do that so much so I think I'll do that fix at the end of AGDG. I have only had one person report that they have beaten the demo in under 3 minutes, making them the best at the game so far.

look at this juicy thing i made
me
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/141368

Is Objectpooling really neccessary for a shooting game? It's already annoying me to death trying to implement this into my project..

What's hard about it?

Instead of = new Bullet() you do = Pool.GetBullet()

and instead of delete or destroy bullet, you do Pool.ReleaseBullet(bullet)

not exactly difficult

Is CG Cookie worth it for learning Blender?

I'm blowing 50$ in osteopthy every 2 months and going to physiotherapy 2 times a week to fix my computer ass. Not to add the exercises I have to do at home.

Get a good chair dude.

I do not have a code like "newBullet()". My code looks different. And my game is just full of bullets and collider destruction, etc. The tutorial I am following doesn't explain how to implement this into my project, since it's completely different.

Jonathon Williamson has good topology videos but you can just pirate that shit on cgpeers

I mean, you're creating a new bullet at SOME point.

What language / engine / framework / whatever are you using?

I am using c#, and I tried to replace the code where I instantiate bullets with the objectpooler code, but it doesn't work.

>I do not have a code like "newBullet()".
then make it

how does new retro arcade work?

i dream of being able to make a 3d emulator frontend like new retro arcade in unity or ue4 that projects the emulator onto a virtual crt television for maximum comfyness.

i know im not skilled enough to do it but i still wanna know how new retro arcade did it, especially since its a frontend and not an emulator itself

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Horror JRPG
Dev: LoneBuckshot
Tools: Unity
Web: twitter.com/LoneBuckshot & lonebuckshot.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Modular event system
+ Can now invoke other event types that inherit from base GameEvent
+ Item pickup events now store items into the inventory
+ Can combine items and use them to solve puzzles

Unity?

if you're basically capturing and rerouting an applications screen data, it might be useful to look at lower-level libraries

Why is Moxy's health bar different looking from Jeremy's? That's poor UX.

does anyone know how steam scans for virus's?

im assuming when somebody uses steam-works and uploads their game, Valve's server will scan it. has there ever been a virus on Steam?

Valve checks the games to check if they run so they probably probably check for viruses as well.

Is Blender Guru right?

youtube.com/watch?v=iPwdia3gAnk

r8

consider a different hobby, gamedev isn't for you.

Responses to this please. I think it would be really fun for the alternative history crowd, take control on important events shape the play through

>ottoman empire
mehmet
my son

If you have the skills and are passionate about it, fucking make it. You're an indie dev because you're making games that focus-grouped AAA garbage won't.

I don't know shit about viruses but I believe Steam games are limited in what they can do outside of their own directories, so maybe that helps.

looks bad
fuck off gugem

why is the right arm doing that?

Does anyone have the Odin inspector for Unity and can pastebin the code for the Button attribute? I want the functionality without paying $30.

Am I the only one who is really reminded of Kurovadis in how that game plays ?

Your juice is dry user.

Looks like he's walking with a limp and the animation isn't "symetrical".
Legs and torso look like they're separate people. For an athletic run, he should probably be doing longer strides. The body has a really jerky motion (especially noticeable when you look at the head). His feet don't come back up much, which makes it look more like he's walking.
I think that covers about all the mistakes I can see, but fixing that is harder than pointing it out.

You are right and I know it. I'm not trying to focus group on agdg, a real bizarre subset of gamers. I'm trying to get people to show if there are inherent flaws in the idea, it's been done before or could it be better.

I know Ottoman history best and it's genuinely interesting seeing how they did things good to rise, when you drop your nationalistic pride how colossally they fucked up and fell . It's a weird mish mash and very unique.

Guys I quit muh geams 4 months ago. How do I full speed to programming shit. I struggle with that for 3 years.

Looks amazing

Read this

download an engine and read the manual

>Kurovadis
That is an influence, yes.

Best agdg game, don't quit.

colors in the background are pleasant

youtube.com/watch?v=1WYE_LJbQBo

Let's be honest here, this game wins the Demo Day hands down
How can other games even compare
Just look at the Press Start thing
Just look at it

Trust nobody, not even user.

thanks user, i'm onto fixing it.

fucking savage

>mech jam

Is it time to finish the masterpiece I abandoned a year ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM
if only i had you when i was making this user

D.Va is that you?

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/174816
submitted game
it's shit, the levels are still debug test levels and haven't actually made any real levels or completed worlds
think i'm gonna go to bed and try and wake up early and put together a couple of nice puzzle levels with hazards and obstacles

I love everything about this!

what have you been doing since this?

youtu.be/JMUxzEr_XJA

half negative
half poetic
Negativa Poetica

mute version

I didn't want to show the MP bar of the enemies (left-side), since it will tell if they are a spell-caster type by the MP amount, rather tank or assassin type. I'm making a bestiary book in the game menu, which will be updated when the enemy casts and does stuff, so you learn both from combat and keep track of what enemies you encounter, so you can prepare with items and party formations. Also it add some mystery/suspense during combat, since you don't know much about the enemy when you first face it.

The big red bar is often used for enemies/bosses, so I'm going in that direction with color coding. While the green/blue heroes bars are necessary for your own units, so you can plan your moves.

That's the plan so far. What do you think can be improved?

Trying not to commit sudoku

----[ Recap ]----
Game: The Jackal
Dev: AngryGhoust
Tools: Game Maker 1.4, Paint.NET, SAI
Web: angryghoust.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Released a Demo
+ Implemented an invincibility state on spawing
- Progress could be faster

Godot.

Where's the DD16 group fanart? I saw an unfinished version I think

if you're trying for an italian/latin-ish title or w/e it's Poetica Negativa, not the other way around

Yes, people that pay tend to work harder because they're invested

but it's 3D in a 2D game...

I just meant shouldn't all HP bars be red? Not one red and one green.

I'm just the guy making first impression MLG pro video gameplays

Because maybe it alleviates my whodev status and Rita makes it into the DD16 group fanart undeservedly

what if your game is both 2D and 3D?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Super Crypto Land
Dev: cryptolanddev
Tools: unity3d
Web: cryptogames.itch.io/super-crypto-land
Progress:
+ character and level select systems
+ loads of bug fixing
+ made some more hazards
+ added music and sounds
+ submitted demo to demo day

what if your game is both good and bad?

Next one's RRshooter

youtu.be/-CAUHCS6yco

already gave up on beating it
the boss is too stronk
even against my massive cranium and otherworldly motor skills

keep that animation for a monster and make a horror game (where you cant see your own character)

You're decades late if you want that to be considered impressive. And you can do a 2D gif of a 3D render in a couple minutes in Blender nowadays if your game is purely 2D.

Which games other than Guilty Gear Xrd and Paper Mario did that ?

Ah I see, sorry I misunderstood. Truth be told, I'm constantly thinking about that myself. But seeing that your first impression was confusion regarding the bars, I think I should make both red for HP. Adding that third color (green) might be a bit too much. In any case, thanks for the feedback user.

>Which games other than Guilty Gear Xrd and Paper Mario did that ?
Xenogears, Ys games...fuck I am not even gonna list more. Very stupid question.

start a backdash loop, hold forward, and you continue dashing backwards.
fix this

I always knew cryptocurrency was evil. Gonna give the game a try.

is there a place where we can share out steam keys with eachother?

I have 2 games on Steam and Id like to give keys to anyone else who has games on Steam

We might as well get free games from eachother

if you want a key from these, just email me with your keys. you can check the email on my site to know it;s legit

store.steampowered.com/app/334690/Squirreltopia/
store.steampowered.com/app/340340/Domestic_Dog/

How do you tie UI events to other systems without turning everything into a disgusting mess?

TakeDamage()
{
UI.SpawnFloatingText();
}

That's the sort of disgusting mess I'm talking about.

All right /agdg/, I have a weird request and I don't know where to ask it so I'll ask here first.

I have amblyopia from untreated lazy eye that I had as a kid. For a long time people thought amblyopia in adults was untreatable because the brain loses plasticity in adulthood; however, recent research indicates that this is not the case and that the condition can be treated with patching and vision therapy.

One method of vision therapy designed to improve binocular vision uses video games. The patient wears old style two color 3D glasses and plays a game designed to force the patient to use binocular vision.

For example, a vision therapy version of Tetris might have green active pieces and red stationary pieces. A patient wearing red-green 3D glasses is forced to use binocular vision to successfully play the game because each eye can only see one component.

There are vision therapy games in existence already but they usually suck and have ads. So my request is this: I'm looking for simple games that could be modded or cloned to use a white background and two-color palette and preferably ported to android. I have a little experience with Unity (lol) but for this project a dev program more 2D oriented would probably be better.

Anyway I realize this is probably a pretty retarded request so thanks for any replies.

I'm talking about taking that "2D and 3D" in the most literal sense possible, not "3D look and 2D gameplay"

>You're decades late if you want that to be considered impressive
i guess this is what happens when you spend too much time looking at and making 2D games
>Which games other than Guilty Gear Xrd and Paper Mario did that ?
basically every game on the PSX that used sprites

Xenogears fits that description better than Paper Mario.

i might have moved on from game dev, but I'll drop in to work on you you from time to time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_PyrsGHuY

>for every additional enemy added, there is a 5% loss of performance

for fuck's sake, cris

add 21 enemies

Look at how MMO UI and UI addons are made. All shit is tied to events.

How ? It's just sprites on a 3D environment. Paper Mario played a lot on the fact your character was 2D when navigating levels.

*quietly goes back to deving.

you can have a message system, or a global manager that can be accessed anywhere (which can play the roll of a messenger between objects), either way linking UI to objects will be messy and you can do nothing about it

i mean like this for example. you tell game to call certain functions when a certain event happens.

Compiling wxWidgets from source because I fucking hate myself

That's more like a devil mothman, user.

a game about the duality of mothman

i was trying to play pride of nations, but it's so slow and complicated. manuals shit.

i can be your angle........ or yuor devil

More stats or less stats?

moderate amount of stats

Reminder that unless you have or are and artist your game will amount to nothing as a 1MA.

Same if you use any engine for your game.

general audience - less stats
niche audience - more stats

Okay, now make a pteropod mixed with a trias plant.

Less stats but more stats when you hold CTRL while hovering over the thing.

How the fuck do you possibly have time to make a game if you're working full time/ and or going to school full time?

Game dev is so time consuming

higher difficulty = more stats

----[ Recap ]----
Game: HACK the FBI
Dev: vestigial
Tools: unity
Web: @vestigialdev
Progress:
+ Made it to demoday with a minimally crashy build
+ Doing initial DD playthrough videos is progress

ill buy one
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/126401