Normans were French

When will this meme die?

As long as William I's charter sits in the London city archives referring to the Normans as French.

>William the King friendly salutes William the Bishop, and Godfrey the portreve, and all the burgesses within London, both French and English. And I declare, that I grant you to be all law-worthy, as you were in the days of King Edward; and I grant that every child shall be his father’s heir, after his father’s days; and I will not suffer any person to do you wrong. God keep you.

I guess when it stops being true, faggot.

By 1066, the Normans genetically and culturally French

Rollo's son was already 50% French through his mom, so you can easily imagine that William seven generations of interbreeding later had over 80% of French admixture

As for the cultural aspect, the 1066 Normans spoke French, lived according to the French feudal system, adopted French religion and even fought like Frenchmen (heavy use of cavalry, something foreign to vikings).

Only an extremely buttravaged britbong would deny that Normans were French
There's a reason why half the vocabulary of English is French and not Danish

>speak French
>be apart of the French Catholic organization
>embrace French society to the point that you go full knightfag
>consider yourself French
>be a French vassal

>b-but they were from Vikings
The Danes came from the Germanics which came from the Indo Europeans
The French came from the Latins which came from the Italics which came from the Indo Europeans

Unless you count the here and now, then they're just the same people. Going back only 200 years instead of just going back all the way is just bullshit. Go all the way or none at all.

Hon hon hon, hol up
*Eat garlic*
So, youz be sayin...
*Read "La Chanson de Roland*
Zat oui were...
*Pray to Jesus*
Oui uzed to been...
*Cook frogs*
Oui from ze, mon ami...
*Ride a horse*
Oui wuz vikings et merde ?!

where is OP?

>t.frogs

t. butthurt Brit refusing to acknowledge that the French conquered them at one point

It's not just a conquest.
Their entire aristocracy is made of Frenchmen.

the Earldom section was still English, but the Kingship and foreign houses were French iirc

The tapestry you posted literally refers to them as French.

Half of English vocabulary comes from Romance languages yes, but grammar, syntax and most everyday vocabulary comes from Germanic roots

What's that thing on his side?

>Don't have a counter-argument.
>Make a baseless reply alleging irrelevant point.

Yeah, far better than admitting you're wrong. Excellent discourse.

>from Romance languages

You can say French, you know, butthurt bong
It won't kill you

It's interesting how they say stallions can't be tamed and yet that is clearly a man riding a horse that has not been gelded.

>Godfrey of Bouillon
>Bouillon
>Not French

>There's a reason why half the vocabulary of English is French and not Danish

So because the Normanscum (GOD I FUCKING HATE NORMANSCUM KILL THEM ALL GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY WIFE "BISHOP" ODO REEEEEEEEEEEEE) sopke French, that makes them majority French in origin?

The English are mostly descended from Celt/Brythonicshit yet speak a language that is German in origin with Frenchshit thrown in.

As you can see from my scientific analysis, speaking a language does not make you a majority-genetic descendant of said language group.

I'm english and even I admit the normans were french
I don't fetishise the anglo-saxons and go on about muh norman yoke either

The normans weren't frogs

I live on prince edward island in Canada. My mother's side of the family are descended from William Longspee, bastard son of King Henry. We have a letter of recognition from the crown and some land in Canada because of it. I can tell you we had plenty of ties to French nobility as well. Our family tree is loaded with "frogs." Though many perished during the french revolution.

God, has there even been a better example of a thorough cucking in the history of history than the Norman invasion?

It's an almost complete wiping out and replacement of an aristocracy, and is essentially the complete destruction of the Anglo-Saxon civilisation.

Harold Godwinson was supposed to win. He had everything on his side. Yet he took an arrow to the eye and lost his entire fucking realm. The saxons disappear from history because of his shitty mistake. The aristocracy is basically genocided, the general population are beaten into worse submission, every rebellion against them fails, huge castles are erected, the French language is made the language of court (basically stalling the social mobility of any lower English nobles and ensuring Saxon peasants can be raped at will and do little to prevent it), and England becomes a shitty little vassal state of the Angevin empire.

England's ENTIRE medieval history basically consists of Frenchmen. Englishmen bragging about Agincourt is like Indians bragging about winning a fight that was fought by their British overlords.

England's NATIONAL HERO, King Richard the Lionheart, admitted that he would sell England if he could find anyone that was willing to buy it LOL. It's assumed he didn't speak the English language and basically spent no time there. He was off crusading with the bro's, treating England like a dirty little abused wench.

How does it feel for English people to know that their medieval history basically consists of getting BEAT THE FUCK OUT by the French, and then serving one French dynasty against another in a series of wars?

The crown would be incredibly greasy and have terrible taste in food if they were. Plus, they'd be riddled with French cowardliness.

Why is British butthurt so hilarious?

Can the English really not handle the fact that they were ruled by Frenchies during the Middle Ages?

It's not even that big a deal

But buttdevasted faggot, the genetic aspect is explained in the first part of the post you replied to

alfred wasn't french

>have terrible taste in food

>this thread
>the modern english are the anglo-saxons and nothing else
>inbred cucks
ok then