Were modest to large age-gaps common in relationships in the past?

Were modest to large age-gaps common in relationships in the past?

>(current age)/2 + 7

It's the formula passed down from the ancients. It always works.

Did people even know their age in the past?

My mother (who was born in Romania) tells me stories about how her illiterate great grandmother who lived to 104 (which was determined via church records) didn't know her age precisely her whole life. So I'm assuming no.

on my mom's side in the 1800s in frontier washington state, one of my grgrgrw/e grandmothers was traded into marriage at the age of twelve in exchange for livestock.

what are some historical instances of small sized women bullying and biting their partners sexually?

>he's into femdom
I really want normalfags to leave.

>not wanting women to bully you

I'm into gentle maledom

Get off of the fucking board you apes. Nobody gives a fuck about your sexual fetishes on a history board.

>she will never stomp your balls

femdom was here since shana m8

underrated post

depends on culture

>small sized
>not wanting a giantess with a fat ass to push you around

I'd suck her toes all night.

>not wanting a female with a strapon to dominate you

>Were modest to large age-gaps common in relationships in the past?
Typically it was only among aristocrats where you saw extreme age-gaps because them marriage was a type of power brokering, so you'd end up with cases like Marcus Tullius Cicero, who found himself in bad need of money and married a 12 year old girl despite being in his mid-60's. Even to the Romans this was scandalous and though it was sort of an open secret that he was doing it for the money, when his associates asked what he was actually doing marrying a child his response was, "she'll be a woman by the morning."

For people who didn't belong to the moneyed elite, boys and girls typically married within their peer group between the ages of 15 - 19. For children raised in an urban setting that gets pushed back about 10 years.

>when his associates asked what he was actually doing marrying a child his response was, "she'll be a woman by the morning."

I studied cicero's oratory in my high school latin classes but never have I respected the man more than this moment.

nice feet

Very common.

Literally anything past puberty was married off in medieval Europe. So there were 14y/o girls married to 50y/o men all over the place.

The only reason parents ever kept on to their daughters, is if they couldn't find a match. The "age gap thing" stems solely from the "romantic love" meme. Marrying a girl to an influential older man is much smarter than to a brat her age.

Half of Afghanistan doesn't know now. I worked with an interpreter who was '24' for three years in a row.

Shit like that wasn't that commun outside small villages. I should know, i am from there too.