/srg/ - speedrunning general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RQtlWPqwXCQ
reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/6zbvh1/agdq_2018_registration_is_already_full_took_less/dmudb50/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The God Gamer Stigma

stream monsters ww@

which sm64 stream are we watching tonite?

Chimply and Chimpdowsky

who is we?

reminder streamers are pissed at stream monsters for taking all the AGDQ hotel rooms and attendance tickets.

i'd be mad too. it's absolute bullshit that runners actually playing a game for the marathon don't get first priority on rooms. what kind of bullshit is that?

why be mad at the fans though? be mad at the organizers for not actually saving rooms for the runners like any normal event organizer would do. gdqs are ran by amateurs.

People should be forced to post their splits to attend any speedrunning event

>use the same hotel since 2015 for agdqs
>have no significant problems with anyone finding appropriate rooms for their stay during any of these
>raise cap by only 250 people compared to last event
>hotel shows signs of somehow being full within hours of registration opening, when normally this takes weeks
>provide no hint as to why, only a response to a person's tweet saying "wait until tomorrow"
>tomorrow comes
>"working on an overflow hotel, no eta"
>no explanation given as to why any of this is even happening

agdq 2018 16 weeks out, everyone

people should have at least 1 published run on sda before they can attend gdq

>on sda
or on twin galaxies, but yes you're right

this is what happened.

>sgdq2017 a stream monster by the name of BarbiexEdge successfully cheated some nerds out of some money by charging them extra for a room.
>word spreads that nerds are desperate and GDQ staff didn't shut down the price gouging
>AGDQ hotel room opens up and people register multiple rooms and plan to scalp them to desperate nerds who don't want to drive 10 mins back and forth to the venue since the hotel is in the middle of nowhere

GDQ staff saw this coming a mile away and still refused to save space for runners. why? because they don't give a shit about runners. this will happen for every GDQ from here on out. expect paying double or triple for your hotel rooms. the only way to stop this is to force GDQ to host their event in a convention center (like it should be already).

big if true

clintstevens has the best show on twitch

if what people would say if he would stop choking and actually learn tier 1 strats

remember toast can 139 tomorrow if he wants

no

squid could 50 tomorrow if he wanted too but he has other priorities

Shout out to Dragster 5.57

>implying grindxm0nkey would ever get that close to efficient practice and learning proper movement
he avoids that like the plague lmao

is there still an srg wow guild?

stop trying freak you have been schooled for the last time

>m-me declare victory! n-now please stop exposing me... ooh ooh... ah...

I can't help but think that fucker is viewbotting hard.

all me

pathetic

based FUCKING ˢᵏᵉᶫᵉᵗᵒᶰᵇᶦᶫᶫ

why every time the freak posts squid shit there are also a lot of posts about toast and mario single stars?

Can /srg/ solve this impossible paradox? youtu.be/RQtlWPqwXCQ

so carpal tunnel was just an excuse

why couldn't he just be honest?
he doesn't need an excuse to stop running Zelda, he's not obligated
why the pointless deception? the "it's not my fault"?

why would he tell the truth? look at the kind of person he is

video games don't cause crippling carpal tunnel, his hands hurt mildly and got better, it's not hard to grasp

that's implied in the word 'excuse'

which doesn't explain why you're so butthurt about it, even if he had mild carpal tunnel it was still a life changing decision for somebody who wanted to play video games competitively for a living

100 bucks to attend esa

I haven't expressed "butthurt" and it's not a factor anyway
just want to know the reason why he lied when it was detrimental and unnecessary

he didn't, playing sonic for 6 hours is meaningless, it's a 2d game

could I burden you with an explanation of why a 6 hour session of a 2D game is less demanding than a 6 hour grind of a 3D game?

if that's not what you're saying then please correct me

less dimensions simpler controls

okay
well I'm not convinced that's true

well you should be

2/3 dimensions = 2/3 skill

The carpal tunnel was psychosomatic

stop resetting

is he /ourboi/?

Runners who get accepted are exempt from the cap you stupid fucking cunt.

reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/6zbvh1/agdq_2018_registration_is_already_full_took_less/dmudb50/

>be mad at the organizers for not actually saving rooms for the runners like any normal event organizer would do.
They do exactly this. Stop living in your pretend reality and learn how shit works before flapping your gums.

He was never diagnosed with "carpal tunnel" (it's actually called carpal tunnel syndrome, everyone has a carpal tunnel), there are many types of repetitive strain injury. Chronic pain also doesn't always work in a perfectly linear straight line. God it's so fucking sad how little you people understand about life. Getting older is gonna blow your minds.

>video games don't cause crippling carpal tunnel
They can and do cause crippling repetitive strain injury. Look at Hax$. Look at several pro Starcraft players from the 90s.

It's not necessarily an issue with their carpal tunnel, though. It's more likely to be permanent tendon damage.

>Clintstevens improved in SM64 at like 4 times the rate of Bounceyboy and Squid
>Clint doesn't even practice
sad.

2D games b 4 trill niggas doe

dustforce uses more buttons and higher APM than most 3d games

>psychosemantics

well you found a counterexample
it still stands that most 2d games are easier

>most 2d games are easier
Than what? The mountains of garbage 3d shovelware that a mongoloid could speedrun?

Cool Matty doing damage control because he knows the scalpers are ruining GDQs now.

He has a worse time than both of them in their main categories.

proof that practicing isn't needed
cheese doesn't practice and has wr
flippy only does practice, and has a 52

How far along were either of them at the 1 month mark?

>cheese doesn't practice
He practiced all day every day for 2 years.

>proof that practicing isn't needed
Clint will peak and end up grinding on a treadmill minutes behind the record, just like in OOT. This is proof that practice is needed.

it's in clint's best interests to slowly get better since he is popular. he is milking the viewership numbers right now and he knows it. there is a reason why he isn't even trying any of the harder strats. what's the point of blowing a year of 5k viewers just to look good in the speedrun community? so while everyone is making fun of how shit clint is, he is happily making 500k+ a year and remaining the most popular speedrunner today.

Yeah, and then when people call him out on it he'll sperg out on twitter like a bitch baby and pretend it isn't true lmao.

word

also improving your speedtimes too fast can raise your estrogen levels

>500k+ a year
Not even close, my dude. He's making 150k tops before taxes.

you do realize that people with 2k average viewers make 150k+ a year right? clint is averaging 5k with mario. witwix averaged 5k and claimed on stream he easily makes over 500k and he doesn't stream every day. you are severely underestimating the amount of time clint streams. ad revenue, sub money, donation money, and bits ad up fast when you have 5k+ viewers every single night. I wouldn't even be surprised if clint breaks the 1 million mark this year because of mario.

Clint has 3k subs. That's about 90k a year before taxes. I find it extremely hard to believe that ads, donations and bits are making him 490k.

Witwix is a lying piece of shit, we all know this.

>490k.
410k*

we need a new marathon, the corruption of both gdq and esa is sickening

we could call it the /srg/ marathon

who is we?

why did you delete?

no one here speedruns

why didn't you sage?

Some people remember when they scored the winning touchdown in their high school game as their crowning achievement...

This one remembers when they played a video game and finished it really fast as their crowning achievement.

Really gets the noggin a joggin

THE HERO

thanks for the late response!

Move over Mario Kart....

No problem Cosmo.

Sup everyone. I've been in a coma for past 2 years and I remember really enjoying speedrunning. I loved Cosmo and Mofat for my zelda stuff and I even played smash with them all the time. Can't wait to see my bros at gdq soon.

Sup

Both are equally useless to society.

I did a research paper on speedrunning and it was kind of good at first, but it seems like it just all leads to the same place. People are becoming mentally ill from this hobby somehow.

Okay.

>I did a research paper on speedrunning
sure you did

Larger streamers get a 70% from subs+ad revenue. Clint is doing pretty damn well for himself, fuck the wobblers though.

>Larger streamers get a 70% from subs+ad revenue.
The math here still doesn't add up to 500k-1m.

does anyone know how to record 360 inputs on pc and play them back?

did you not pay attention the last time you asked this?

i was linked to a stream controller display

streamers with 100 average viewers make almost 10k a year. you have no idea how much surestream ads give streamers now. remember, every single person with prime now gives the streamer credit for ad views, and there are a lot of prime users. this is also why GDQs get over 100k in ad revenue now. twitch prime is insane for streamers.

The 18 Hour Grind Stigma

why didn't you sage?

why do you ask?

That's more than I make and I'm a sous chef at wendy's.

speed runners are the trannies of gamers