/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories released!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242097169077764097/355944344769003521/image.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for no English XX announcement on Wednesday's direct

Third for nobody will care because of World.

As and Idort I'd like both.

Plenty of people would care though.
XX and World are different enough to want both and like both for different reasons.
If they localize XX then 2018 would be a perfect year for Monster Hunter fans.

Show me a better looking Longsword.
You can't

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

>started MH with 3U
>just started emulating the PSP games with Portable 3rd
>tfw Yukumo village

holy shit how can a quest hub be so comfy. I still love moga village (mostly because freehunting in Moga Woods was comfy as fuck) but first impressions of this place just radiate the quintessential atmosphere of Monster Hunter.

The Maccao longsword is a bit more toucan sam in appearance, but it's still got dat sexy cup hilt.

Never liked it tbqh, too Chinese for me.
Pokke on the other hand I found super comfy, would move there and drink Hot Drinks all day.

Does it have a hot springs? Because that would sell me.

yes I can

fucking edge meisters

>Hates Gen1/2 rehahes
>Loves Gen3 rehashes instead
Why the hypocrisy?
As boring as World monsters look, it's preferable over rehashing your favorite generation.

the difference in quality of the base material

real weapons
pfft, you both are like babies
WATCH THIS

>no HR/LR divide or way to filter for higher level people in MHStories PvP
I don't want to fight low level scrubs, it makes me feel bad. I just want to have a fair fight.

It's amazing that a spin-off got such an authentic-looking intro.

>misses the charge
GS users in a nutshell

Akantor Greatsword did it better.

It might be a spinoff but it's obviously in the same vein as the numbered titles. It's not a spinoff in the same way that MH Stories is a spinoff.

A U T H E N T I C

hey, you miss all the hits you never take

>give Mizutsune set a rather underwhelming set of skills
>one of them does not even get the 10 points necessary for it

Literally why?

>World monsters look boring
We've only seen like 3 Gen 5 monsters in action, we don't know what Gen 5 monsters are like.

It exists for transmog purposes.

I just want to blow shit up already.

>can't transmog weapons
>most of the best weapons look retarded
>most everyone running around with fashion sets but a giant hunk of yellow garbage hanging off their back

DEMOLITION WHEN

hey guys

4u phag over here, I'm at HR 5 and caravan 10 and I'm wondering if I should put effort into making a new mixed set

attack up xl and hge

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242097169077764097/355944344769003521/image.jpg

Also post mix sets you are proud of

Huh I just realized that Anja's wings are ass fins.

I always just craft one set and kept going until I start dying

good night /mhg/, sleep tight

Inb4 they call it a fucking brute wyvern instead of a dragon.

Gunner's take skill. SKILL!

>that fucking hitstop

good play on words

>it

>using mantis weapons
>not being good enough at the game to be fashionable and use a fashionable weapon
You don't deserve weapon trnasmog

>Dragon's Dogma levels of hitstop in my MonHun

I didn't know I wanted this, but I DOOOO

shit you're right
absolute cancer

>we're making every weapon end-game viable, they said

Come on user, this is poor b8 even by current /mhg/ standards.

What? Don't act like a shitposter, user.

you first

After playing World for myself, it feels awesome, move responsive and tight, and yet, somehow still very monster hunter.

Goodnight, /mhg/.

Post Hanako 01

Do LBG and HBG have different damage multipliers? I'm not sure if HBGs have a higher raw ceiling or if they'd both do the same damage with a shot if they show the same raw. If not, how much weaker is LBG? Anyone have charts with average hunt times?

cute

If I remember right, the display raw modifier that's present outside of P3rd/Gen/XX is used for both HBG and LBG in regards to raw shot damage.

Hanako or Alvinia?

Why does it seem like the individual mechanics and programming of monster hunter games always ends up being the last ideas anyone would come up with. Like, consistently - across the board - the way something ends up working is the least intuitive, often most flawed way of accomplishing a task.

How in the fuck does this honestly even happen.

take something as simple as armor transmog for instance. If you see someone in a hub with transmog, the first thing I imagined how it would work is that they'd get an extra page to their quick info, first page being the default stats and equipment, second page being the vanity armor.

Instead, it holds the name of the equipped armor for 5 seconds, quickly flashes to the vanity armor for half a second before going back to 5 more seconds of the equipped shit, ultimately meaning if you're interested in the parts of someone's vanity set, you gotta sit there staring unblinking for at least 20 damn seconds just trying to memorize the glimpse of that half second flash.

Like, they fuck up literally every aspect, even the trivial ones such as this. Jesus everliving fuck these gooks shouldn't even have jobs. How do you guys actually appreciate MH?

Iirc HBG is 1.5x and LBG is 1.3x for the true raw in gen/xx.

I like the gameplay, but yes there's no denying how 'raw' these games are mechanically, especially with features that don't return and thus never get an opportunity for extra polish

Neither

I'll do you one better.
HanakoXAlvinia.

Anyone know a good place to get MH4U rom for Citra Emulator? I've been googling, but I'd like to get one with the least amount of issues.

They're called .cia

Mixing hanako with sexual just seems wrong plus she's just cute.

It doesn't have to be sexual, Alvinia loves cat paws. You could have lots of cute images of her poking and prodding and squishing Hanako's paws. CUTE!

i wonder how soft narga's paws are, haha

cheers

hard as stong and rougher than sandpaper

> Discord talking about cp, blackmail and fingering
Remove Tsubie, Utsuho, Skye, Relial and every other weirdo.

Don't ever go to the off-topic chat there, it gets cancerous at times.

Please post the ur mom edit

At times? That place is pure cancer all the time. And don't even get me started on Utsuho.

>Out of all those, only one actually still plays Monster Hunter

That place needs a purge, christ.

Either way, just mute off topic and you're good.

New discord without retards when?

Always makes me giggle. Thanks.

never, people that use discord are retards

World portable nowhere.

t. IRCrelict

Relial is actually one of the better players and knows advanced damage formula shit though.

Probably won't happen with the people running it also looking after all the shit in the OP. But honestly just simply abolishing it and any means of outside communication would technically be better for the threads, which still has its own problems.

What if I told you that Female Mizutsune(as in concept art, not trannies) and Male Gammoth are in Gen5

What if I told you that monster sex is irrelevant?

>that sharpness OOO user in the last thread
Sorry user but your quick realization was too fucking funny

The biggest problem with Yukumo however is that you have to go ALL the way to the guild hall, then into the bath, to 'eat'. That's a long fucking way to go every single time, not to mention every 'food' upgrading quest is a guild quest.

Also the old-style farming shit gets really old, really fast, and doing THAT every time you come back from a quest is physically painful.

How do you feel about DLC armor sets that look like real world clothes?
Like them? Hate them? Do they break your immersion?

I hated them at first but the Uniqlo set in Gen is starting to grow on me.

miss me?

On the other hand, that still sounds like a very useful charm he can use on some weapons.

>tfw no edgemaster +4 OOO charm

Didn't particularly care for them since they had shit skills, but now that you can transmog them I like them a bit more.

What utter idiots worked on Stories?
They couldn't even do basic stuff, like not making a fucking quest marker clip through the level geometry.

Let's see you do better!

>finally get off my ass and start playing Gen
>first time fighting Malfestio
>first time it does its confusion cloud drop
>drops a shiny
>wingtalon
>second shiny
>wingtalon
>find out afterwards they're a 7% drop rate from shinies

WHO WON THE LOTTERY? I DID!

What's a good, non-Japanese looking Longsword to complement my Kaiser set?
Teostra LS was my first idea of course but it's kinda shit without S+2 or at least Razor Sharp, neither of which I can get now since the armor set has no fucking slots.

This is for Generations btw

The bath is in the guild hall because you'll need it more there, and because village quest aren't that hard, except the last one. And playing 4U is making me miss the farm since while multiplying items is really good, you can't multiply ores so you are stuck doing low rank steppe runs to get fucking iron. I really, really don't get why they didn't keep those QoL features for gathering tours like the barrel cat and the reward box taking all your account items away.