/owg/ - Overwatch General

WHERE ARE ALL THE PLAYERS - Edition

>Welcome to Overwatch. A F2P where you can buy a hero and one trick your way to Grandmasters.
>To get access to Overwatch head over to battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box-seasonal and purchase a Lootbox to gain access to Overwatch.
>Sincerely yours, Jeff Kaplan
[YouTube] Overwatch Seasonal Event | Summer Games 2017 (embed)

>Event item tracker
pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN (embed)

>DEATHMATCH has been added
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's BLACKED's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=d89Vu8GVq2c

>Latest comic

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-https://pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN

>Overwatch dev tracker

>Hero tips, tricks and basics

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

I want to bully Mercy until she cries!

IF YOU READ THIS
YOUR WAIFU HAS BEEN BLACKED

it's fascinating watching sub-GM players from first person in 3v3 elim

like how do so many diamond players still have so poor grasp of the basics of fps that they walk around aiming at ground level

sombra online

I want to beat the fuck out of Tracer's pussy with my tongue!

anyone rated 1k - 3k (NA server, pref aussie) want to queue? I'm 3.3k but playing on a friend's gold account. cbf solo queueing

Here comes T.Racer!

you know
it's kind of funny knowing that Tigole and Furor are working at Blizzard right now
especially that Tigole is one of the leads for Overwatch
you know damn well who i'm talking about

I wanted to like FFA, I really did, but with the most maps it's all
>play a hero with self heal or sombra(maybe genji for that extra kill steal mobility)
>hide until you get the drop on someone, preferably already low
>take few shots
>run away if they damage you
It's utter fucking cancer.

And Chateu only was so fucking good.

What are the odds of Blizzard making more dedicated DM maps?

>genji: we need a healer!
>hanzo: we need a healer!
>widow: we need a healer!

I want to bully Mercy until she cums!

mccree is like the easiest hero win FFA with tho

What they need to do is add extra areas in existing maps. Like adding a bit more to see to the game.

>make a character who's entire gimmick is having the most damage per second at a cost of immobility
>gut his gimmick so he's just a big slow selfish soldier 76 who has to put himself in immense danger to shred barriers or tanks unreliably

Fun fact: I used to think there was some secret thing people went out of their way to set as a button or something to get that to pop up because they're obnoxious fuckwads.

Turns out they're just asking for healing in the normal way but if your team lacks a healer, to everyone else it says "We need a healer!"

So please when you see this pop up, understand that people aren't being passive aggressive fucks. They just need healing and the game automates that response.

Reinhardt is the only pure hero on the entire roster. Even Orisa and Zenyatta have had more sex than Rein.

what, the problem with the normal maps in ffa use is already that they are too spacey and it takes too long to see enemy

M O M M Y
O
M
M
Y

What user was saying is that one of the three geniuses that had thought "i can solo carry dps" should switch to healer instead of complaining

I dunno man, if you only engage at perfect 2-shot distances and never use your flashbang on enemies you can't instantly kill cause otherwise someone's gonna wait until you get your opponent low and killsteal he might work.

I'm just frustrated after a game where I had more than 15 assists and the second most person had 4.

That's what I'm saying. They should add FFA only maps for each existing area. Like having the inside theater area in Hollywood expanded or some other location in Hollywood that's not so spacey.

I want Mercy to be my lesbian mommy!

*BRAAAAAAP*

Sorry if I'm not quite getting my point across. I would like them to make new areas in existing maps/locations. Like Hollywood strip mall or some shit where it's a new map but in an existing location or they can just make more locations all together for FFA only.

That takes much more time compared to just setting barriers on an existing map

I'm saying that message that pops up isn't them complaining so much as them spamming the "I need healing!" button. I used to take it that way (them complaining) and get bitter and spiteful towards the dumbasses thinking they're passive aggressive fuckwads.

Turns out they're just regular run of the mill dumbasses. I can stomach the later. They're just stupid. The former is insufferable. They have an uppity complex AND they're stupid. That's just unacceptable. If you're stupid at least be humble. If you have some complex quirk, you better sure as fuck have some redeeming quality about you.

>3 game win streak
>stop playing so i never break it
what now, blizzcucks?

Blizzard blows. Give me new maps so I can play quake ffa with pharah only

THIS MY NIGGER.

I fucking hate Blizz for fucking up the only decent game mode. Guillard is the best fucking map in Overwatch (maybe because it feels like Q3 Arena).

Then they proceed to rape (T)DM with utilizing all the shitty maps. I would be OK if they used maps like Necropolis etc. But not fucking HANAMURA.

Bastion is like one of the very best counters to Pharmercy comps for people who can't twitch aim.

>Sentry Mode: Sneak up on them and literally force them down, aim in their general direction and watch them die and/or fuck right off
>Recon mode: Soldier 76 her

Unfortunately, stupid people tend to be too stupid to realize they are wrong. It has a proper name (being so stupid you overestimate yourself) but i cannot remember it

Does anyone even have fun playing non dps heroes?
The only hero that I can have fun with that isn't a dps is Ana and maybe Dva.

I'm just wondering if the general consensus as to why so many people main dps is that tanks and healers have mostly boring concepts in this game and not just the fact that people want medals and shit.

They're stealing our gay.
Reeeee

>body cavity gases

check her idle after using her new ult,
pay attention to the chest

What went right?

I love playing Orisa!

Why do I never see mods like these for GTAV

I hope that bunny knows where that corn wad

Even then Bastion was better at it than rework
>can you aim? good, enjoy deleting pharmercy instantly with sentry headshots
I imagine there would be less pharah bitching if they didn't get rid of one of the best anti-air in the game.

Any Doomfist tips? I'm back from a hiatus since Sombra came out and I really like him, I'd like to get good with him.

I like support that aren't the current mercy tank are kinda boring and i cannot play them well.

Any attraction I could have had towards this character is gone after actually playing the game

The hero I have the most fun with is Reinhardt. I like controlling the flow of the game and I genuinely enjoy protecting people. It's very satisfying to get a good Earthshatter or to just go in with my hammer and fuck people up as well.

Sometimes it gets tiring to play Rein too much though, and its frustrating if I'm getting completely fucked in the ass by flankers and I can't do anything but hope my DPS steps up, but otherwise he's the most fun I have with the game.

>blizz shilling new store layout
>check it out
>a fucking hat costs almost as much as a nendo
I guess loot box sales only fill up half of jeff's swimming pool with money

I genuinely enjoy playing Zen and the more mobile tanks (D.VA, Winston).
Zarya can be fun too but only if your team makes use of your ult, otherwise it's just frustrating.

However, I acknowledge these guys are amongst the weaker healers/tanks.

>dudebro hat with a video game logo
Who would buy this?

I have the most fun with Roadhog and Zenyatta. Bodytanking as the pig is rewarding and denying an ultimate with transcendence is orgasmic

That, and also that hat is fucking ugly.

Only respectable vidya merchandise clothing are t-shirts and hoodies.

A lot of people would.

>tfw dudebro hat is the only socially acceptable male headcover in 2010s

>tfw half the tokidoki shit is sold out already

I agree in that I think they overnerfed Bastion, yeah. I doubt he'll ever get headshot crits again but they do need to look at his Ironclad trait. If Roadhog get's 50 fucking percent damage reduction while healing, Bastion's Ironclad should net him the 30% that it was. 20% isn't even noticeable. It's been over a year now, even the scrub ranks should know how to counter a Bastion at this point.

>dudebro hat
baseball caps serve a purpose, they cover my bald head in the summer so I don't sweat my ass off, and since my last hat got shredded I'm in need of a new one. That being said though, I wouldn't get an OW cap unless I was a pro or something, the price just made me do double take while scrolling.

DPS is more boring than healer for me. Healers are gambling on an actual human doing something, not pressing a button while looking at something.

Most people are like you, though, which is why dedicated healers and tanks played by a person are getting replaced with simple or automatic resource management systems that try to keep players satisfyingly mashing buttons while hurting and killing enemies to maximize addictiveness and increase the chance they'll pay for a quick fix when their button mashing doesn't seem to be working as well any more.

tactical booping

I thought this would have a picture of Ana on it

I personally don't want Ironclad, Bastion's sniper sentry headshots were a much better defence and "get the fuck away from me" than 20%, or 35%, or fucking whatever. Not to mention how much it weakened tank mode when they got rid of the 150 armor bonus.

nigger

>down couple beers yesterday
>say fuck it and do placements
>6/4
>win 1 game with Symmetra on our team who was throwing because I called him an autist
>lose 2 games that were easy as fuck to win
>end up placing 100 points higher than my final last season
p.gud

Also, new season seems cool. Glad they cut win limit for KOTH maps.

Meanwhile, ethnic cleansing in Myanmar.

Think I'll use that $70.00 to buy a bunch of blankets for crippled children instead. Think I'll feel better doing that than seeing that blanket in twenty years and telling my eye-rolling teenage son about that old video game that everyone pretended was as serious esport for a few years.

>beta widow
they're so fucking lazy

looks like funkopop in kawaii form

absolutely disgusting

It's all map dependent and what other people are playing. I've been picking hog/hitscan and it's easy lootboxes. If you see people engaging, perfect time to try to snipe kills.

>making enemy bastion incredibly paranoid with sombra

are those, reaper starfish?

>hacking enemy Tracer and watching her not knowing what to do

So do anyone mind explaining why Junkrats ult needed to be buffed when it can already oneshot every single hero in the game? Why even bother playing ranked right now? Both games I played right now had a Junkrat getting POTG because his ult guarantees that he gets at least 3 kills every time he uses it

Damage reduction means he can stay alive to keep shooting longer and even without the crits, sustained sentry fire will kill everything it's pointed at. 20% just doesn't feel like anything and even when it was 30-35% at first, I'd say it was his sustained healing that made him OP more than the actual trait. Since they made that a resource now, they could give him the Dva treatment there.

Make his heal use a little more resource, give him back 30-35% Ironclad.

Because anyone that can aim is able to destroy it easily.

So pro players and grandmasters can't aim, got it

Post yours!
Will post template right after this

Why the shitting dicknipples are you asking us to explain something about the game instead of the pro players and grandmasters you were playing with?

worst taste

he has social anxiety and can only deal with anonymous internet users instead of putting his cred on the internet

Because I'm not playing with pro players and grandmaster but I have working eyes and ears and can read and hear what they're saying when they play against Junkrat

damage reduction did nothing but let him tank ults arbitrarily combined with his self heal
theres no reason to give a character damage resist over health other than exploiting the extra relative healing you get, its a stupid mechanic that shouldnt have been added in the first place

theres no magic number between 35% and 20% thats suddenly going to be balanced and fun to play against
either hes immortal or hes not, thats the only difference between s tier and f tier, hes a garbage design, its better for the vast majority for him to not be in a "meta" place until they actually do a proper redesign and address his real design issues rather than trying to force him into a higher place without making him any more engaging or enjoyable for either team to play around or against

Not doing pictures, going to bed after I post this.

Clockwise from top left: Picture of Mercy looking tough, picture of Mercy being inspiring, picture of Mercy frowning, picture of Mercy laughing, picture of Mercy from the We Are Overwatch trailer, picture of Mercy's genitals with a chibi Mercy angel, picture of Mercy's genitals with a chibi Mercy devil, picture of rule 63 Mercy getting kissed by Mercy, picture of Lucio, picture of a fat lady singing.

>hanzo, at your service

>bastion will never have more transformers
Wouldn't it be great if his whole kit was more about transforming into various objects rather than just a turret and a tank?
How about an subterranean vehicle, or a fighter bomber ultimate, and he can pick between either of those two

>Go into ranked game
>Get shit on by the enemy Junkrat
>That Junkrat is on my team the next game
>He gets shit on by the enemy Junkrat
Blizzard are such good and competent devs, how did Junkrat get shipped in this state and why isn't he getting hotfixed?

What if he transformed in to a not-shit character?

There's a pretty major undocumented part of Junkrat's mechanics that they still haven't clearly spelled out for players.

Basically, anyone who gets killed by a Junkrat becomes a sobbing infant who thinks everything they don't like is unfair and broken, regardless of skill level or natural talent.

Such as? Give me an example

>Junkrat and Hanzo get removed from the game
How does this affect comp?

>regardless of skill level or natural talent.
Yeah, it's just a coincidence that Junkrat skyrocketed to being the most played DPS, the changes to his kit clearly rewards skilled player and isn't a crutch for shitty players who can just spam, and it's also just a coincidence that he's getting nerfed on the PTG

Soldier.
I really think they should just give Bastion some kind of fast mode where he can move at the speed of Genji but all he has is his rifle and armor and can't heal, tighten the spread on the turret mode gun, and just slightly increase the time of all his transformations.

This, as we've seen in the previous thread
Nothing changes in master+ because they were never selected to begin with
Nothing changes in master- because they would go back to pharah or genji for their leet kills

>damage reduction did nothing but let him tank ults arbitrarily combined with his self heal
theres no reason to give a character damage resist over health other than exploiting the extra relative healing you get

Ergo, they should increase the resource usage for healing. Now he can't perma tank multiple ults. Maybe a pulse bomb from full health with a sliver of health left that he can't instantly fix. He's still F tier for meta bois and the rest of us get a bone to play with.

Hnnnnng, ahhh... good morning /owg/!

>Nothing changes in master+ because they were never selected to begin with
>Junkrat is the most played DPS in grandmaster right now
What did he mean by this?

Well yes because Soldier was always a borderline piece of shit

You just said his entire design is garbage
you can't just give two or three tweaks now. overlap him too much with soldier and character diversity disappears. why would you want to make him look more like soldier and not experiment to make his design more unique and potentially even better in certain situations?

>win 7/10 placements
>rank 150 SR lower than previous season

>:3

Soldier doesn't have turret form.
Only Bastion and McCree do.

WHAT. I NEVER KNEW THAT

back to sleep

post your bnet, cutie

Yes, and outside of turret form what do we have? a recon mode that functions the exact same as 76. You can't cut two different things in half, switch and add them together, and then say they're still unique.
Easy way out user. think outside the box.

Ellowas continues to be the best, goddamn.

>Meanwhile, ethnic cleansing in Myanmar.
legit? oh shit