/fng/ Fortnite General

Battle Royale Edition

Yes, that's right. There is a battle royale mode in the game now.

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

>FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

>Some useful information
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true#

>fng is back

oh boy

Had to make it with this new update.

Fucking ebin at it again.

So instead of dealing with the lack of content in the game right now they add a freaking Battle Royal mode?

Yes I know BR mode is "content" but shouldn't they fix the original game first that's far from finished and only got 1-2 zones done?
Game is not even half complete

>BR doesn't relate to the game at all

not even rewards or anything? Lame..

no progression for the pvp

this game is all about triggering my collection/progression autism and then it has none for the pvp mode. reeeeeeeeee.

I imagine that they will soon enough add jewing methods for the pvp mode.
enjoy it while it lasts.

BTW is survive the storm still active? Dont want to leave queue to check

Yeah it still is.
They havent announced when they're taking it off.

This has seriously killed my last hope for this game

My thoughts exactly.
>Plankerton still doesn't have a unique tileset
>Canny and Twine don't have unique tilesets NOR Story missions

>They launched Battle Royale "Test" with a 25% discount on the first 2 pack tiers
>Having sales on "Early Access" products
Thanks for making all your adopters feel like they wasted money.

>What is a strategic alliance
Good to see they adopted the autistic rule-set PUBG uses for no reason.
>You and a nearby dude are mowing down everyone coincidentally and then go separate ways out of respect (has happened in some Battle Royales I've played)
>Banned in PUBG
>Can't do it in Fortnite either, lol
God, and why make these rules and make no comment on enforcing them in the base fucking game? Leechers in Radars/Survivors, and even normal game modes is still a thing.

reeeee i suck at this

>tfw am having fun

How is PUBG compared to this? I know it's "polished" but I hear people crash and bug in it all the time while this seems to be working fine on my craptop.

I just hope that once they expand on the unlocks and progress side, it doesnt kill the PVE mode.

>They will ban for this
>Meanwhile Outlanders are free to join any game they want, contribute nothing and even intentionally try to sabotage games

Game's dead, Jim.

Unoptimized mess = PUBG. Like really bad.

Reposting from /v/:
Ok I gave this shit a shot as someone who's been playing normal Fortnite for a bit.
The good:
>Crouching, even crouch running which doesn't exist in the main game
>Medkits which are the same as PUBG's
>Traps can be set up to fuck up other players which is super fun
>can build hideouts
>weapons feel poweful
>the map is 100x better than the tiny flat blocky maps in base fortnite
The bad:
>Player built walls, even metal ones, have next to no HP
>There are no rewards for playing the mode
>No character customization
>No squad play
>No swimming so the islands off the sides of the main mass are pointless RN
>No player abilities like the base game

It doesn't need player abilites because it would be impossible to balance but it would be cool if each class was in with 1 generic strength like ninjas can still double jump.
I don't hate it and it's nice to get to play a game that I think looks and feels good free from the Llama jew menace.

so nades are nukes in this mode

They even fixed low levels joining, 32+ for 40s and 58+ for 70. People can still invite low levels if they feel like though

>People crying "It's a different team who made the PVP mode!" in chat
>The preview video literally says "THE Fornite team has been hard at work on a special project"
Also, I will admit it's kinda fun.

It's a month long event.
Like how founders llamas were the "event" for the game's first month of early access.

The whales are dry by now so they have to make a mode to get a different audience in and make it more reasonable of a purchase or else EVERYONE will see the price tag and scoff at it.

It's also effectively a discount on the higher tiers too if you buy first/2nd and upgrade in-game.

A completely optional pvp mode that gives no rewards?

I think you're retarded m8
>Still working on voices and shit for the two later zones
>while rolling things out that were already planned so players have something to chew on
>I want it NOW! *stamps feet*

>Still working on voices and shit
I was unaware that voice actors could not do their job at the same time coders are developing stuff and modellers are making new 3D assets.

D-did this Epic employee just respond to the other like he was part of the regular player base?

Yes.

Yes. If rac is being sincere there, then they have really poor internal communication and that is very bad.

Pve crouch when?

I want this so bad because then I could actually use half walls for cover while pitchers spam boners at my head.
I was shocked the BR has crouch running.

$5 on cdkeys when

>Developers are too stupid to put quality of life in all game modes

When it dies at the end of 2018 and servers go down, lol.

For real though you might find someone selling their extra copies from the deluxe versions somewhere like that.

>implying BRs wont fuel this for the next 10 years.

If they don't waste time and actively work on BR better than they work on the base game this will be true.

In 2018 it will be the only f2p PUBG clone.
Fucking genius desu.

selling my extra key for 20€
the update made me quit

Bump you faggots.

>could of had interesting pvp

>it's king of the hill trash

Dunno I think it's fine.
But I also never played the games it's copying.

>DUDE LETS MAKE AN ASSFAGGOT CLONE
>DUDE LETS MAKE A BATTLE ROYALE CLONE
Fucking retards can't into originality

It has the exact same problem. It's 10% skill, 10% strategy and 80% being in the right place at the right time.

This gamemode is garbage. We're missing 3 fucking tilesets and they're busy trying to cash in on PUBG

What's the ASSFAGGOT clone? I've never played LoL or Dota or any of them

Paragon.
Its on a tab on the epic games launcher

Oh alright, I thought it was in Fortnite. Thanks

Ah, I can see how that's frustrating.
At the very least you didn't buy a game just for that part of it if you have Fortnite already.

So thanks Fortnite for showing me why I don't want to pay for this type of game ever.

Runs better with more steady fps than pubg

ded

>Build base
>Think it's going to work great
>Use all the fucking meme tricks like slant stacks and shit
>Unload all of my materials, go farm up more and unload all of those, too
>Build straight up to the build limit so I don't fuck anyone out of extra raindrops
>Redirect all the husk traffic to just one or two kill funnels
>Pack it full of more traps than the /b/ and /d/ archives combined
>It's a terrible pile of shit and gets overrun by the first wave and the rest of the defense is a fucking nightmare

Every goddamn game why do I suck at this.

>mfw i leech in BR mode too

Way to split the player base. Bravo, Ebin.

early f2p when?

I'm looking to buy someone's spare key for the standard edition for $20 USD via PayPal. Email in field.

RAMIREZ! TAKE HRT!!!

>jump out of a floating bus
>land on a roof
>grab a gun
>run
>run
>kill a guy maybe
>run
>run
>kill another guy
>run
>die
>#5
I used a trap to injure a guy but otherwise this is the same shit as PUBG as far as I can tell.
Unlimited sprint is good though thanks for only having it on the PvP mode lets get those streaming fucks to come in and buy the game

L I V e.

FUCK
GIVE ME A GOOD PURPLE CONSTRUCTOR GOD DAMN.

r8 my napalm launcher

just wait until they split it into two distinct games and then have the balls to charge your for both

schick shick intensifies

based pusyposter

>game is dying at an alarming rate
>still no Headhunter

>zone about to get storm'd
>enter cuckshed to see if any loot is here
>suddenly hear footsteps
>faggot passed me by
>about to go out and chug a couple of shells up his ass
>suddenly hear more footsteps
>another faggot running by
>"lel as soon as they start shooting each other, I will come out and fuck em good"
>they don't
>one of them sees me
>they both start shooting me

lel, it's PUBG all over again.

I had the same problem for a long time. It took a motherfucking Super Hero Llama to finally get an Epic Constructor in my crew and it was Guardian Bull, who is effectively a shittier Tank Penny.

survivors need training manuals to evolve, just kill me.

This game is absolutely ded

The PUBG wannabe mode is relatively alive.

>play game for coop wave defense and building
>they add the polar opposite

>Playing new mode
>Wait in queue to wait for 100 players to wait for match start to wait for drop
>Drop the instant I can and pound as fast as I can downward, holding forward and looking straight down, to a nice structure
>People still beat me to the ground by a sizable margin
>Die because they got all the guns
How do you get to the ground that fucking fast?

I don't get why they put this mode. The survive the storm update was available not long ago, most people haven't yet got around all the new stuff there's to do. Why did they made this mode right now? Is the game really dying?

there is money to be made off the countless casuals who like battle royal type multiplayer.

epic is known to have a board of people who like to do whatever the fuck they want.

Is this Deagle Brand Deagle™ better than the Founder's Revolt? If so, how much better? I need a trusty sidearm.

>People rarely joins SSD or missions now
Sasuga, Epic

>People still don't know how to slantpeek
Get your shit together.

>Was trying to finish the "finish a cat4 storm" mission
>Was never able to get enough people to play it latenight
>Log on during peak hours today to get a group to help
>"Global" chat has 2 other people in it
>They're both talking about the pvp mode
Fuck this gay earth

You know? As much as I hate Battle Royale, I think there's a way to make it interesting, without having to do that much of a change.
>You can pick your character, no card/rank/stats needed, it's just cosmetics
>You can customize said characters (and posibly change them if you want to try a different look)
>Make the game rewards players for playing (make the rewards useful only in BR mode to avoid overlapping with core game)
>If you can have other characters than soldiers, give them different attributes, but no usable skills like air raid or mines.
>Treasure Hunt: A huge loot marker appears in everyone's map, those who want it, will have to fight for it

Compared to PUBG, I feel the rounds lasts a lot longer, and it gets tedious in the last 15 minutes. I would like a way to encourage search and destroy, and keep stuff active.

>Treasure Hunt
Would either have to be its own mode or require a rework of the battle arena to be more like Hunger Games stuff wherein events happen in the arena, but the area doesn't shrink. Treasure Hunt being an Event.

>Place 8th
>Decide to watch it wrap up
>Guy who killed me is AFK in the hut at the heart of the 2nd tightest storm circle
>Just sits there and dies as 4th
Fuck, man.

>120 HP with Shields
>Still have 120 HP when a Ramirez is firing off at me from about a hundred meters with a basic rifle
>One bullet connects
>DEAD
What the fuck.

This run went until the very final circle. Motherfucker was hiding in the attic of a house like a bitch..

Headshots do serious damage due to no helmet protection in this mode on Fortnite. Shield != Helmet.

Yes, but 120 with something that isn't a sniper?
>Blast a Ramirez for over a hundred damage with a Shotgun
>She does the same
>I die
>She doesn't
>She has 100 HP
Explain.

You only did 100 max. It's easy to misread damage numbers in the heat of it.

Penny's ass.

Is the battle royal fun in this game? Asking for a friend

What does /fng/'s weapon setup look like?

>Nocturno

>Slice'n'Dice with 60% crit and no elemental
Wondering if useing the good goy sword is better due to elemental.

>Oneshot with 50% crit 20% dmg and eletricity
Just hopeing for a decent AA12 shotgun or roomsweeper

Its decent, got the smooth gunplay from the main game.
I dont care for BR gamemode but its smooth and fun.

Report them. They made it pretty clear they're going to assfuck people that do that, and they're at least somewhat likely to actually do so for the first few days of this event. Can't have streamers having a bad time, you know.

Ohhhh, I wondered why PUBG was so popular. Damn, I wish I had thought of that a lot earlier, that's some spontaneous ejaculation satisfying tier trolling there.

Not even streamerbait pvp mode can save this ded-ass general

ded

It's shit.

I would have probably stuck around for nostalgia's sake if they had used Unreal Tournament's universe as the inspiration. I don't fucking care about any character or event in the game's universe and that makes it hard not to get rustled by the constant flagrant microtrannybux game mechanics.

It's basically a microtransactions simulator that lets you occasionally play an FPS with terrible AI every so often.

dont dead open inside.

What the hell is this for? I got it ages ago and haven't seen any more since, or anything that it's used for

For playing beekeeper of course.

>Playing constructor
>Building the base around the objective while my team does ???
>One of them triggers a "survivor not at home" quest
>Survivor spawns directly on top of me and starts screaming about husks
>A dozen baby husks spawn in to attack them and half the base gets instantly destroyed by the spawn lightning

That's enough Fortnite for now, I think.

Faster load times I'm assuming. I just wait til I'm at least 75% across the map to avoid that so I can have a solitary landing. Also flip backwards once or twice to check if anyone is following.

I actually figured it out partially. The game forces you to open glider when you're a certain Y distance from anything directly below you. This means if you come in hard and fast over a field next to your target, you'll glider earlier, but still have plenty of time to position at the facility.

Their location algorithms really need some tweaking.
>Buildan a box on Cat 2 storm, nothing particularly difficult
>It's just about done
>A satellite landing marker pops up on top of the edge of the base directly next to the initial storm point
>It lands, rending a giant hole in the base
>Storm spawns happen BETWEEN THE ATLASES destroying more of the base
>"Fuck this."
>Log