/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mirror/dolphin-emu/pull/3
dictionary.com/browse/female
buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton/stop-calling-women-females?utm_term=.cnPvqEXGM#.ch2OrPn7D
reddit.com/user/DanteAlighieri64
gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-221#post-7031499
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has squarequsher transitioned yet?

The /g/ thread was a blast

link?

SP is not a degenerate.

>Still no PR on the main branch for the WM+ controls
>There hasn't ever been one
Desu

There was one, but it was rejected.
github.com/mirror/dolphin-emu/pull/3

where can i download the latest nintendo memes? I don't have a lot of time to dick around here. so just tell me so just tell me what the best emulators to mario

Read the wiki.

>2012

oh my fucking god it's like a bus crashed into wikipedia and is hemorrhaging stupidity

how trustworthy are ps2 games from emuparadise?

apart from the majority being PAL, it's good

It's actually from 2011 I think. That link is just an archive of the original PR.

Thanks for the answer.

bump

It's hard to fuck up dumping PS2. Just check them against redump.

He probably meant this one

thanks pham. odd how I've seen it before but only really remember like the 1st 2 posts.. Still a good read :) .

Name 1 (one) real female involved in emulation.

>unironically using the """real""" meme
Uhm.. Could You Like Not? Thanks Honey.

define "real"
and "female" is a nebulous term at best

Name 1 (one) real female involved in /emugen.

dictionary.com/browse/female

I reject this cis-biased source

buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton/stop-calling-women-females?utm_term=.cnPvqEXGM#.ch2OrPn7D

Not All Women Are Females.

>buzzfeed

Which emu has the best netplay for n64 games? Anyone tried virtual console games online with dolphin?

If you want desync-free gameplay, they're unfortunately all shit.

>The inspiration to try out Dolphin actually came from the realization they already had a female team member (Rachel Bryk)

How long before we lose Fiora?

>female

I'm pretty sure neither one of them knew what that word means.

I don't think so, not really sure tho. I know the CEMU shader issue is related to the RPCS3 shader issue though since it also uses ridiculous amounts of RAM on Nvidia cards ever since they implemented the shader cache.

Link to the thread?

For your 24/7 SP drama stream: reddit.com/user/DanteAlighieri64

Thx user. I don't care that much about drama, but it's funny to see some devs going to war for the most silly reasons all the time. This is a way to fill my time until we get some emulation news... talking about it, know something that you would like to share with the rest of the class?

First time ever using Citra here and wondering if anyone here wants to help an idiot out.
I've been trying to get Metroid to run as smoothly as possible and as of right now, gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-221#post-7031499 , this version seems to be working the best for me. Profiler says I get like 20 frames on average.

Is there anything else I should try which might get the game to run even better? Please keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience with this and only stumbled upon the linked version by sheer accident.
My CPU is an i7-4770 with 3.5 ghz.

Use the last Bleeding Edge from the official site, or even the nightly builds (that now are compiled with GCC to give a nice performance boost, already present on Bleeding Edge). You can set the log to critical by editing your "\user\config\qt-config.ini" (change the line "log_filter=*:Info" to "log_filter=*:Critical). Also, what Metroid? Samus Returns already leaked (if so, care to share the link)?

Nope, Citra is just a CPU hog. A lot of games wont run fullspeed even on the best overclocked CPU.

It's fine to update FW on ad9hl right?

He's getting 20 fps. That game is 30 fps (I guess), so a little more than 4.0 GHz would be able to run it at fullspeed. A shame that can't be said for some titles that run at 5 fps os less even on 5.0 GHz Intel CPU's...

Just get a cheap 3DS, they can be hacked on any version.

>even on 5.0 GHz Intel CPU's
Not exactly a useful measurement, since clock speed comparisons don't mean much unless you're comparing two CPUs with the same IPC.

They are a good mean to know that NO CPU is able to run some games at a playable speed. Thing is, no one knows why (for real, not even the devs)

You're not getting it. 5GHz with CPU A is not equivalent to 5GHz with CPU B.

NO CPU, this mean that doesn't matter whatever clock you have or what IPC they have, not a single CPU on this planet can run some games at good speed. I know that CPUs can behave better or worse depending on a huge number of factors user, don't worry

Thanks a lot, that actually did improve it a little bit. Now it's running between 23 - 30 FPS.
Also, lookey here: That I have heard a lot and I definitely would have given up hope if it wouldn't have been for that one version which seemed to work so much better than all the other ones. The latest response to the thread on gbatemp also said that the game is running just fine for him, except for a few lags at the beginning.
Just thought maybe there is still hope.

I will, but that's still gonna take a while for me to make happen, so I thought I'll try this out first.

I'm already downloading from two different sources, but thx anyway. Very good to know that the game is running "well enough". When I have time (and if the game is good enough to be worth the time...), I'll look into the code to see what could be the bottlenecks for this game in special (custom build incoming? maybe...)

Fucking hell, some sounds from Super Metroid are simply copy pasted on Samus Returns

That would be super great! I hope you'll have great fun with it either way!
I'm still very skeptical and don't have high expectations, but keep in mind I haven't played past the first save-point as of right now. It's just a general feeling I have, but I heard the reviews are great, if that says something. (Probably not).
I really hope I'm wrong of course, I love the franchise after all.

Xir taste in games is terrible.

What controller would be best in general, assuming I don't plan to specifically emulate one system? I currently have no controllers whatsoever (aside from a wiimote that won't turn on even with new batteries and another that my cousin broke in two), and would like to avoid buying more controllers than I have to.

Wouldn't you hit that?

With a right hook, sure.

Dunno, she's kind of hot/cute
>she
Whatever

The scaled resolution from Citra doesn't work with Samus Returns, so we're stuck the native resolution. This is VERY bad anons, shit looks ugly as hell on a big screen

I just got to the united states and everytime I try to download a rom the website stops working. Does my isp have anything to do with it?

That's an incredibly flattering pic, and she is still is like a 6/10

Really? Can you post a bad one for comparison?

Wondering this is as well.
I was thinking about maybe getting myself the Xbox One controller, because at least the D-Pad seems to have vastly improved from the 360 one. Still, I'm not sure.

>Which emu has the best netplay for n64 games?
For kaillera emulators, you can chose between pj64 2.2k, 1964, mupen64++beta. Otherwise you can use mupen64 + AQZ, or PJ64 + AQZ input plugin. I'd go with AQZ, if you want p2p with more than 2 players.

> Anyone tried virtual console games online with dolphin?
don't bother. dolphin VC is a meme.

I don't have any saved, but like every one I've seen is pretty bad.

Body like a straight rectangular prism, and a crazy big round chin that's she's deliberately hiding in that pic.

Hmm, I'll take your word on this

Anyone know why Okami Wii always crashes?

I accidentally downloaded Drakengard PAL and finished the first chapter. Is the yuro version any worse other than 50hz?

Logitech Controller with Rumble

Fuck off you pedantic pseud

Why are emulator developers almost universally unpleasant? If they're not outright mentally ill, or gender confused, or antisocial pieces of shit, or liars.

Did their mothers never teach them how to treat people? Did their fathers never take off the belt?

Dunno why you're using CxBx-Reloaded to illustrate your point, those devs are very ok (for the emudev stardard of ok'ishness)

Turn off anti-aliasing
Anti-aliasing: none
Store EFB copies to texture only: unchecked
And if it still crashes maybe set the resolution lower or disable dual core.

It was just a random game I was trying. Nothing to do with the post.

mudlord:
>outright mentally ill

Check

>antisocial pieces of shit.

Check

> liars

Check.

What about the others?

Byuu
The guy that runs desmume
The guy that runs PCSX2 that lurks here and hurls abuse at everyone
the guy that runs melonDS, who apparently has an ongoing feud in his head with Donald Trump and Mcdonalds France

if it weren't for trannies you wouldn't have 85% of emulators.

what's the current status on online via retroarch? what works?

16 hours in so far. This harp part took a few minutes to figure out, but was really easy in the end.

>double HP double pain Thousand Year Door run
>have Yoshi and P. Charge
>overwhelming desire to cheese fights intensifies

What do you mean? Like does Game Boy work?

I meant to ask, what cores are supported for online multiplayer?

RA netplay is generic for all cores and it's not that complicated.

Both sides emulate the same system, and anything with states can be used with netplay. It's just not very useful for shit Game Boy since your only emulating a single Game Boy for both people.

RA has no capability for cross-console multiplayer except TGB Dual

i have downloaded thousands upon thousands of roms and now it just feels messy the way i have so many games that im not interested in.
even the games i downloaded one by one make me feel "messy" about emulating them.
how can i find fun in emulation again?

Wow!!! That's really really really neat!! So even stuff like mednafen_psx should work?

BUILD ONE, it's cheaper than nintendo's gay ass ripoff system... And it does WAY more...

Retroarch does have netplay. The installation and maintenance is simple. If you want to customize it (I have 8-bit versions of hit songs playing randomly during selecting the systems).

>but it's funny to see some devs going to war for the most silly reasons all the time
they can't help it when every troll and their mother wants to grill labirdo devs!

desu, emulator users are just as bad, I would say it's related to unsocialized people being obsessed by a manchild occupation

So the bounty program is just dead or...?

whats the point of spending 30€ PLUS SD card PLUS some piece of plastic to make it look like that when i can just buy a shit laptop

Why does increasing the resolution in Beetle PSX make the screen bigger? Other emulators don't do that.

That's not enough money for a talented person to invest the time to implement a dynarec. Instead of buying expensive PS4s and TVs, Daniel should be putting more patreon money towards bounties.

idk, window size tied to game resolution?

Dolphin doesn't do it. PPSSPP doesn't do it. PCSX2 doesn't do it.

Yeah but then they're giving you a filtered image. I hate how most emulators scale the image without even letting you choose a resampling type other than billinear. Dolphin is even worse recently as they removed the auto resolution scaling so getting a 1:1 pixel ratio is pretty much impossible in fullscreen mode.

How did you guys made it playing on Citra?
I got that I need to convert CIA into CCI, but the makerom just closes itself even when I'm certain I did everything right.
Any help?

thanks for the link

Chink build from your link works at full speed for me (30fps), with random minor dips to 29 here and there. Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz, GTX660 ti.

bump

Read the comments. Someone is already working on adapting the PPSSPP MIPS JIT for it.

It doesn't, you just don't know what you're doing.

Because window size is scaled based on the game's base size. If you want a fixed window size, then set the windowed x/y resolution.

Take your medication, Daniel.