/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

SDU edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operators.

Comeback victory:

Siege X Battleborn crossover when?

How can they be so good at braking the game more with every new patch they release?

Reminder that siege is the overwatch of military shooters :^^^^^^^^^^^)

>braking

I mean the game is slowing down ;)

Why is Thermite always 3rd, 4th or sometimes even 5th pick? He's essential but there's always a standoff between who is gonna take him.

>braking

Nobody wants to be the Thermite beta bitchboy for the team. Alphas like me choose Hibana

did you brake before hitting return or are you always slow?

>braking

mistakes aside it literally stutters and freezes after health

>see this last thread
>still have four 24 hour renown boosts left over from Siege launch when they were desperate for players

Is it just the house thing?

>living under a rock as well as being retarded

why is Ying such a QT

Yeah, it's plain old extract hostage - house.

Extract hostage - coastline is just as efficient once you learn it, if you wanna switch things up.

Technically, you can earn the most renown per minute by doing defuse - house, but the route is harder and you have to be pretty pro to get it consistent.

Once you get good at it you'll be getting beaucoup renown.

everything put down to low and this game is unplayable after this fucking update

>Extract hostage - coastline is just as efficient once you learn it
???
House takes 50 seconds, I have to stop myself so to even get the reward.

What are the coastline spawns though? I am tired of house.

Glaz = Iron sights only.
Every 1x optic is currently misaligned.

Came before, just like your father

While I love Thermite and play him regularly, there are more appealing choices to pick from not to mention that Hibana can do what he does and even outplay Bandit tricks. If they wanted to people to take Thermite more, they should lower his recoil a bit, maybe give him back breaching charges

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

In what direction is it misaligned? Like where would you want to adjust your aim to instead?

claymore or flashybangy on thermite?

I prefer claymore, it's a great support tool as a support character as it is.

>Started playing in December during a free weekend
>150ms From my Argie location to sbr, closest server by
>Finally decided to buy the game in March
>225ms
>Current date
>360ms
Why is it like this bros? Why can't I just play the game

Thing is, you have to wait until 1:05 on the clock anyway, so as long as you get to extract before that, you're functionally on the same pace.

As for the route:

1) Spawn in ruins. If the flare is below your feet, the hostage is in the billiards room. Just run up to the building, rappel to the 2F window, kill everyone, get back out. Watch out for reinforcements near the flare.
2) If the flare is not at your spawn, run up to blue bar window and bash it in. If the hostage is here, the extract is at the sports car out near main entrance. Grab the hostage and run around the right side of the building by the cliffside. Watch out for guys coming out of main entrance.
3) If the hostage is not in blue bar, run around the left side of the building. Look over the pool for the red glow of the flare. It should pop in as you round the corner if it's there. If you see it, the hostage is in kitchen. Bash in the window, kill everyone, watch out for nitro to the left of the window. Watch out for reinforcement spawns near the extract flare as you leave.
4) If there's no flare by the pool, the hostage is in the penthouse bedroom, and the extract is near the main entrance sports car (same as with blue bar). Rappel up the wall with the hookah lounge window and get on the roof. Bust the hatch, kill everyone, burst out of the window, run to the car. This is the longest route, but if done well, you'll still arrive at extract around 1:05.

Why would anyone play castle

BARRICADE GOING UP, with mute he can sort of lock down windows if you know they will have no sledge/ash/glaz/anybody with a grenade.

Glaz's hitreg is forever fucked for balance purposes.:^)

you got to be shitting me

Claymore. I find it a much more reliable gadget and it's nice to have some insurance when you are making them holes or defending the defuser

He can completely reshape sites and remove certain firing lines in situations where the enemy can't get close to his barricades (Either at all, or without exposing themselves heavily). Admittedly, this is very situational, and can still be countered by explosives unless you can do tricky shit with an ADS.

Aside from that, he can either be simply a delaying tactic by forcing the enemy to waste time/resources breaching a door they would normally just shoot, or he can be used for ambushes by meleeing your own barricade 11 times, and then bashing it one last time and jumping out to surprise someone from what they thought was a closed path when they get near.

>Thing is, you have to wait until 1:05 on the clock anyway
Gee, it's almost like I said that in my fucking post.

>100% CPU Usage

Someone walk me through this shit.
How many layers of clothing is Bandit wearing?
In his loadout screen we can see he has on:
1. A black T-shirt
2. Body armor
3. A tactical vest
4. A hoodie
5. A padded jacket
How the fuck is this dude 3 speed? Can he even move his arms?

>watercooled i7 7700k

>mfw poorfags can't get skins because they just spend all of their reknown on new ops

>cant add a couple of characters and a map without ruining everything

He needs those layers because he always feels cold, after all the drugs.
>Can he even move his arms?
I'll assume the hoodie is sleeveless, so he only has bare arms and then jacket.

And I was just following on from your statement by reaffirming that as long as you have to wait on the clock at the end, the routes in question are essentially just as fast. No angery @ user pls; am not meaning of offend.

>huge bulky helmet
Yeah, his design does not lend itself to a 3 speed

I have yet to see a skin that looked good, so I would say they are even more worthless than renown. Especially now with free alpha packs

In general, I get the feeling that they fucked around quite a bit with different ops' armor classes as they were developed. Echo's denim jacket and plate carrier does not really look like heavy armor, while Ying's massive vest looks much bulkier than most other medium armor.

Ok, so let me get this straight:
"We went to 60tick, but don't expect it to fix shit."

>guns are average at best
>some sites make his special completely useless
>even with thatcher/twitch you're gonna get bandit tricked half the time
>how come no one rushes to pick thermite guyz!!??!

How do the ranked charms work? I played my ten matches, got placed in Gold, then got knocked to Silver. My friends don't want to play ranked anymore and I probably won't play without them.

If I stop now and stay Silver, do I still get a gold charm next season?

yeah it's your highest rank achieved that season

Ela has ruined this game

But she has ice creams...

it's the way it fucks with your sens that pisses me off. also nigga her fish eyes wtf

That's cool. I wish they gave us the lower rank charms too. Silver charms look great.

yeah i really like them, although plat ones are my favourite and i'm too shit for diamond

so the new servers were a lower tick rate? what the fuck

Yeah the sensitivity shit really sucks.
It's just an annoyance in the end. Had to make a mouse sensitivity profile to counter it.

No, no, no, they didn't even set it to 60. They're still trying to figure out how to get the game to run at 60 tick.

STOP PUTTING ME IN 0-2/3 GAMES YOU FUCKING CUNTS

>Increased rubberbanding isn't something that came up in the TTS

Why the fuck do a TTS if you're gonna do it a WEEK before LAUNCH

What the fuck are you going to change in a week? You need at least a couple of months of TTS for it to actually be worth anything, so the final product doesn't ship like this.

Design wise it's probably because he's supposed to be in his "biker" get-up. Wearing extra layers for cold protection in cold German roads and protection for incase he wrecks his bike.

blue nebula comfiest skin

>t. Fat bastard
I used to ware a thermal underlayer, a tshirt, a overshirt, a hoodie, a thick jacket, thick overalls/dungarees when I worked outside. I was still nimble as fuck.

Try eating less pies and you can actually move around in layered clothing.

t r o p i c a l v i b e s

What publisher is this from?

It's too bright for my tastes, i'd prefer azurite or teal even desu, but memebula was at least free.

>Not turning that into a hard fought victory
I bet you reinforce kid's room too

I really dig how obnoxious it is. I use it on all female ops and pocket SMGs.

Apart from Ash since I have her Pina Colada skin, because as I mentioned, t r o p i c a l

>implying I don't just quit when House comes up

It's a shame you can't buy her Summer Break hat anymore.
It was really the best hat for her. If I knew it'd be gone, I'd get it.
I don't even play ash

>tfw got it in an alpha pack

It's the only bundle I've bothered to get, I loved the charm, the skin and the gun. It was made for my palm tree loving ass.

You lucky SOB

You're just digging your own hole there, mate

>waaaa
>I bet you're a scrub who does X
>ha! Jokes on you! I just run away from that situation like a bitch
wewlad

>get shot from buck when I can't even see him
>killcam shows him coming around the corner and shooting me with his full body exposed
>he didn't even sprint

Who are you quoting?

Can someone tell me why the teamspeak is fucking dead?
It's infuriating not being able to play with people who have brains.

>tfw you get into a lobby where everybody has a fucking meme name

It's a weekday, most people are working/studying/have to go to bed at reasonable hours

I'll get on this weekend

>plebbit fags first day on the chans
go away nigger

>implying the game wasnt already ruined when they introduced hibana

now im just numb to it

how much higher does your sens have to be to compensate for the grzmot?

because she's bad

>no response
>n-nigger!!

go to bed kid

I feel like it was still at least a little busy on weekdays just a few months ago, when I used to play. It's 7 PM where I live, which would usually be prime time for siege on the TS.

>wants greentexting explained to him
>plebbit spacing
>calling others 'kid'
You're not fooling anyone

This. I hardly ever see anyone point out just how much her gadget broke this game. None of the maps were designed around a character who can lay exothermic charges from long range, and they sure as hell weren't designed around Thermite having four charges either.

>made up quote
>reddit!!!!
>can't admit when he's wrong
Yeah you're a kid

Do Alpha packs contain shit for the new ops?

>I bet you reinforce kids bedroom
>WHO R U EVAN QUOTINNNN?!?!
KYS

I didn't say any of those things

Is there still no extra word on the jager and thatcher elite skins?

See
I'm almost convinced you're trolling since no one is THIS fucking retarded

they said no elite skins this season on twitter, so maybe in next season with South Korea if anything

Samefag

>has no idea how grentext works
back to plebbit little boy

Never claimed I wasn't the same user... you're a fucking moron

Whatever kid, I'm gonna go fuck my gf while you go suck a cock lol