/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Bully sister Friede: back with a vengeance edition.

Ganked by 5 people: >Image MD5 filter for 4chanX users
pastebin.com/W5TV1Cj0

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XlaG-5Ktth8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no Forlorn Set
>tfw no Raime's Set
>tfw no Hexer's Set
>tfw no DaS1 Knight's Shield
>tfw no Golem Axe
>tfw no Fume Sword
>tfw there is no way to get the blue Lothric Knight Set, the Dreg Heap overgrown Lothric Knight Set, Pristine High Wall Soldier Set, Golden Winged Knight Set, or the true Soul of Cinder armor
>tfw Soul of Cinder's boss weapon is a Bastard Sword with a weapon art you need to be retarded to be damaged by, split damage, and no INT/FAI scaling

>first time doing Yhorm with Siegward
>cool cutscene and dialogue
>hyped
>he gets annihilated before I can even equip Storm Ruler
Well then. That was anticlimatic.

>Hexer's set is actually in 3s files and has been since launch
>has never been added officially while shitty slut meme armor was added in DLCs

>INT/FAI
>not VIT/LUK
Into the trash

Blessed is a fucking awesome infusion for PvE LKGS though. The small heal over time helps you overcome chip damage from mobs, which in turns helps conserve Estus.

As much as I like the Lightning infusion (pic related), not all mobs are weak to Lightning damage.

>Blue Sentinels isn't an entirely separate covenant from Dorkmoons with its own tasks and rewards
>you will never get Targray's gear for ranking up with Blue Sentinels
>Twinblades will never return
>there will never be a Curse status effect separate from Petrification, which cuts off sections of a player's max HP bar, making Purging Stones actually useful outside of fashion
>you will never be able to Curse-infuse weapons, which can inflict the Curse status and scales with Luck

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK SISTER FRIEDE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

slowly but surely I'm learning new things about this fight, but fucking hell it's been painful

I need to get to bed soon, but I won't rest until I fucking win

It's a very weak NPC enemy with a horrible fashion and a giant wolf enemy that was found in the previous level, except easier because not supported by hordes of annoying lesser wolves.

Summon help.

You can infuse Curse Weapons, but you'll need to make it worth Charlie Edwards' while.

so /dsg/, what ended up being the ultimate DS3 meta, now that balance patches won't be a thing anymore?

I reckon greatswords and spears are top tier

No, I'm too autistically determined to do that, not even NPC summons

I know I can do it if I just keep trying, and I'll feel so good

I meant more along the lines of DaS2's Curse. It would be a hell of an invader tool, keep chipping at the host and shaving his max HP bar down in hit-and-run attacks, so that when you do go in for the kill you don't have that much you need to go through.

Heavy Splitdick.

The tippity top of the meta is passive Dark Lothric Knight Black Knight Shield turtles and passive Crucifix of the Mad King L2 spam. Below that there's shit like Gael's, Splitleaf, PKCS, Scar and Bident and then you get into the weapons that are just 'great.'

But barely anyone plays hyper optimally in arena let alone in tourneys so it's mostly theorycrafting.

That format would be invaluable for invaders, but would probably be nerfed into the ground because of all the asshurt hosts would inevitably have.

Dear fucking god I fucking hate darkwraiths so motherfucking much. They're more of a pain in the ass than the abyss watchers, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Can someone on PC put a summon sign down to help me with Gravetender and his giant wolf for DS3?

Don't bully Sister Friede. Leave her be.

>FUCKKKKKKKKKKK SISTER FRIEDE
Yes please.

Just run past them

But how do I summon the NPC and some faggot to gank the Watchers? Also It's been some time since I last played, can you actually run past them with that fucking infuriating instant charging stab?

Just hug the right wall

Would someone be willing to help me mule some stuff over to a new character on PS4?

It's be at Highwall.

Depths of the painting bonfire, pw: casul. I'll be waiting.

>summoning for the derpwolf
Your pass is right

>Summoning for abyss watchers
Lmaoing at your life.

I'm not I'm offering to help them on the condition they set their pw to casul

Can someone explain to me why STR weapons feels really underpowered (on pve at least) on ds2 and 3 I usually need ~4 hits to kill something, while in ds1 2 hits max

Just got back home from work so I missed the stream but did ENB end up completely finishing Dark Souls 1 today? I'm calling in sick tomorrow due to fever so it would be great if he started Demon's Souls tomorrow. If he's playing online I could even try to invade him he'll probably puss out of online though because he's rightfully afraid of the scraping spear

In my experience most summon signs for Abyss Watchers are by the Farron Keep perimeter bonfire.

I see how it restricts the main watcher's movement but honestly it does the same for me and doesn't stop his gank buddy from pinning me there. A summon at the keep bonfire would be really appreciated.

thank you

Look like exactly zero there right now.

anything for my fellow dsg anons

Advice on what to allocated stats into?

What platform you're on?
Maybe some platforms have less activity.

pw set.
PC, seemed lively enough. Last time I played was when Arandiel came out.

Is a Guts build actually fun?

Dark LKS with a BK Shield or LK Shield, playing completely passive.

The only way to lose at that point is to have less patience than the other guy, so it's completely fucking stupid and why the arena is regarded as a containment area.

>When the host is an LKS meta shitter and sends you fanmail screeching about honour as you shoot him in the head with a greatbow

I forgot to ask, did you mean Keep Ruins bonfire, or Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire?

it's just a melee build with ugs, if you enjoy big weapons, then sure it's fun

Keep ruins, since it's closest, finished the rest of the damned swamp already.

What was the point of the old demon king? Just ran in there without any estus and killed him on the first try? Is he the Covetous demon of DS3?

A Heavy Greatsword is pretty good in DS3, so sure.

>another Dark Sword Fallen Knights "Guts" in the making
Yeah they're "fun" but everyone and their mother is doing Guts builds.

He's the Sif of DS3.

Was he supposed to be someone important from Izalith? His soul doesn't say much and I'm on my first playthrough so I'm not very knowledgeable about the lore.

Are you only supposed to be like SL55 by the time you beat vanilla Dark Souls 3? Im 74 at Lothric Castle, already beaten Ponty and Dancer. Havent fucked with Aldritch or Oceiros yet

Just play the Berserk Musou or the PS2 game if you wanna play as Guts, you can't really make a fun Guts build in Dark Souls using what they give you despite there being items made specifically for a Guts build

I just mean that part when he's almost dead and all his flames go out and he just kinda shuffles around.

im sorry user

No problem, try again?

Oh, I thought you meant it as in a sad battle you would like to avoid after going through the game and learning all of the lore behind the boss.

Nigga was just trying to fade away in peace

Last witness of Lost Izalith, surrounded by all his dead friends, literally on his last legs as he kindles his burnt-out flame one more time to try to put up a fight against this fucking Ashen One disrespecting his home. Gave everything he had left trying to relive his glory days, but he's dead now, and nobody is left to remember the birth of Chaos or the sad story of the Demon race.

Why you gotta be like that, man? He didn't do anything to you.

>Dies to High Lord Wolnir over a dozen times

Damn, why do I have to be such a douche? I hope I can make something useful out of his soul so he can live on.

youtube.com/watch?v=XlaG-5Ktth8

The bigger question if going a Griffith build is possible without the faggotry.

You know it's an act, right?

If DSP's retardation is an act, he is literally the Daniel Day Lewis of let's players

Well supposedly Lorian killed a demon "prince," which would presumably be his son, and there's shittons of demon corpses everywhere, so you are killing a grief-stricken father amidst the corpses of his people.

How do I use rations?
Really? Last time I thought Chris-chan was an act before I found he was real.

Demon's Souls will start next monday. ENB wasn't really feeling well so he's taking a longer break.

Yo nigga did you have your red summon sign at pontif earlier today/yesterday?

Thank you kindly for the help!

Acting convincingly retarded is easy to do, though

no, I just got this armor this morning.

Is it possible to do a CWC build? I don't think there is an autism stat.

>demons are actually sympathetic good guys who never did anything wrong
>gods are actually massive douchebags and everything wrong with the world is their direct or indirect fault
Why is Miyazaki so edgy?

:(

yeah, but he's even being retard off camera with his life decisions

>Leasing a luxury car for >$1000 a month despite driving it only 6000 miles in like 5 years
>Moving hallway across the country for no reason and before he had his condo sold, so now he has 2 homes he has to pay for
>Alienating all his friends
>losing his girlfriend because he told her not to go to the ER anymore

if that's all an act, then it's possibly the greatest acting job of our generation

I think we'd be stuck at character creation deciding on a gender.

If the second 2hR2 of the Greatsword UGS was another horizontal slash, but from left-to-right instead of right-to-left it'd be perfect.

Luck is autism

But I mean, that stuff is just regular stupidity. His vidya is literally acting retarded for money.

The guy's an idiot, sure, but if he acted like he does in his videos in real life he'd have been beaten to death by now.

I guess it was a different Jane with that armor and weapon in my sl range.

well you got any advice for stat allocation?

I'm not sure if a Link build would be fun or even possible.

Who is this and why is she making my penis so hard?

>Who is this
The artist's character
>why is she making my penis so hard?
Feet?

Dark Souls 1 remaster when

It would literally just be a staright sword+shield with a bow and some firebombs. Maybe some pyromancy to mimic shit like dins fire.

after poise

I had fun with my Greatsword-only run. All those instances of staggering enemies, replaced with one-shotting them.

Reduce End to around 25 and split it between Vig and Str. Also I'd take something from luck, faith, int, att and increase dex to 18 since it will broaden the str weapons you can use if you happen to want to use the ones that require it.

I mean I doubt it'd be able to simulate the diverse weapons Link would have or being enjoyable enough that it's out of the ordinary.

>Playing DS3 right after beating Bloodborne
I'm so used to having levels and the rally system, any advice?

>die to the environment
>INVADED right out of the bonfire
>need those souls back
>the clench is real
>"Oh god should I disconnect like a bitch of god oh god-"
>red is an absolute shitter
>parryspams and dies in three hits
I wish I didn't get so worked up about nothing.

don't facefuck enemies, respect their damage, not their AI

Lothric's Holy Sword=Master Sword
Crest Shied=Hylian Shield
Any bow=Link's Bow
Firebombs=Bombs
Firestorm=Din's fire
Sacred Oath=Nayru's Love
Homeward=Farore's Wind
Way of white Corona=Boomerang
Ledo's Great Hammer=Megaton Hammer

Thats the best i can come up with.

dude nice SL802 build

>tfw you had an easier time doing Zelda OoT in Warhammer Fantasy Battle than Dark Souls
Feels weird

somebody wanna help me move some shit from one character to another so I can cosplay as Wonder Woman?

I'd also be super obliged if you could spare Shira's Crown.

Are the Engraved Gauntlets worth it for a punch build?

>don't facefuck enemies,
Can do
>respect their damage, not their AI
I feel like I won't understand what this means until a good ways in but I'll keep that in mind

Yes. Also super good on a powerstance daggers build

Which is SUPER fun btw and I strongly recommend people try it. Seriously. Broken Thief Sword is pretty great. it has longsword moves and reach and a solid stamina to swing ratio and actually gets more AR when you poison infuse it. Try powerstancing it with Mytha's Bent Blade and enjoy your results. Shit, you could even dual wield Bent Blades if you wanted.

>trying to leave blighttown
>died at the part with all the blowdarters and fire breathing dogs near fk soul
>get on elevator
>slip'n'slide through the side
>lose 14k souls

fuck this poo in the loo area

I don't get it, was a Gwyn moveset too parry-able? Did they fear it being too telegraphed or for spoiler purposes? Even if the sword can't transform, it'd be nice if we could fight like Gwyn.

>tfw no full moveset on your left hand
>tfw shields bash instead of block when on your right hand
>tfw no phrygian cap headwear

I always wondered if his parents gave him up for adoption before they had the time to leave any imprint on him if he would of had the chance of living a mostly normal life and at least end up supporting him self with a crappy full time low level job.