Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Need a light Edition

What's new?

>Call of Kel'thuzad Event
>Join the Scourge in undying servitude with a new hero, new skins, and a bone-chilling challenge
>September 5th - 25th.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/call-of-kelthuzad
youtu.be/-jInzG9Ukrk

>Kel'thuzad; The Lich Lord of The Plaguelands, Commander of The Dread Necropolis, Master of the Cold Dark, Founder of the Cult of The Damned, Former Member of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abominations, Betrayer of Humanity, Summoner of Archimonde, Archlich of Naxxramas, Majordomo to The Lich King, and Hearthstone enthusiast; Now LIVE!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/kelthuzad/
youtu.be/Uv35ukl8c-w

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21033964/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21033387/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21043671/

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

clips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for voicelines

where are the hot pictures of tyrande

Remember to hat your local panda to get those easy stab chase-downs.

the base skin's gonna be SC:R propaganda and you know it.

>cock's ticking!

Holy shit, why is Tracer such a thirsty slag?

From the 'leaked' picture the base armor looks like a mix of old and new, personally I'd love to see a BW skin with those fuel canisters in the back.

Is KT fun enough to justify buying him with cash so I can play him before the inevitable nerf? Or is he not as op as people say and grinding the gold to him is just fine?

he has some pretty solid counters in highly mobile heroes but he does shit damage once he completes his trait

wait until his free week

That doesn't really give me a sense of "get him now" versus "you can wait on it" though.

odds are reasonable he won't be nerfed significantly but it's always a possibility. get him if you want to have some fun with bursting the shit out of people

That is precisely what I want to do. Will buy him. Thanks user!

just be ready for the learning curve, everything is a skillshot and Q and W have a decent delay on them. he's a shorter range chromie in some respects.

really just "your one cc spell is a skillshot and everything else is based on comboing off guaranteed hits after that"

Shout out to my EU boys

>european proplayer is banned from hgc this weekend
>this could send his team to the crucible

Why are euros so toxic in hero league?

He's going to be nerfed. His ult at least, they like to make a token attempt to get people to play the shitty ult and then ignore it.

Perma virgin status makes them super angsty and frustrated

It was hilarious. He was dancing right outside of a team fight, than backed, than moshed nothing. It was a beautiful display of EU.

>mewfeed caused this

/ourboy/

How can we be perma virgins when we fuck your teams all the time? :^)

I know people shat on Garrosh's design initially but it has grown on me

ALEX WHEN

It fits his character more than people think AND it feels fun and good to boot

link?

they should either reduce its CD or buff its damage, but the latter is less likely 'cause it'll just turn it into a CCing pyroblast

clips twitch tv/SlickAdorableBottleHotPokket?tt_medium=redt

Fucking magical it is.

They'll raise the cooldown of Shadow Fissure and lower the cooldown of Frost Blast. It will do nothing, than they'll slowly nerf Shadow Fissure till it's garbage. It's the same thing they did to Greymane before they just threw the other ult out and reworked it completely.

clips twitch tv / SlickAdorableBottleHotPokket

Best part is he's the captain/tank/shotcaller of his team too. It's mind boggling how fucking stupid these children can be to do shit on non-smurf accounts.

firebat fucking when?

Would be great to see him get dropped from the team, though we know that'll never happen

>just got the braaaap cloud from a box

based leoric

Similar shit was happening last year around the Blizzcon tournament.

Reminder

Since robo-Kel'thuzad is only an epic, what would a legendary skin for him look like?

Ok guys serious question here, how do i Medivh and most importantly WHEN do i Medivh?
Bless this shitter with your gm wisdom /hotsg/

>finish last season bouncing between d2/3
>first placement game puts me with plats
>of course im last pick
>they dont pick a tank or a healer

So I guess this is what I'm in store for. another season of retarded matchmaking and even worse teammates.

only constant, bunga, etc.

If you want to get good with Medivh, you just fucking play him nonstop. Your going to struggle at first, but eventually you'll learn and get good with him.

Prepare to start yelling take the fucking portal to your team, because they like to ignore them.Nice little tip someone gave me, make a profile for Medivh where you can press trait, which is d to self shield yourself. Makes it a lot easier.

It's fine but it still feels like shit that he does a whopping no goddamn damage.

Plat is the worse. It's full of people that think they are hot shit, and that they are pros and the minute you pick something is even slightly off kilter they rage and flame and will throw the game.

It's like yes it sucks that fucker picked Nova but raging like a little kid isn't going to help, just try and work with it.

you just have to put a lot of (conscious) time and effort into him
get a feel for his portal usage, placement and mechanics
stopping relevant damage with your stupid shield
not missing your fucking Q

>when
after you're at least somewhere in master
have played a ton of medivh
and are playing team league with a 5 stack
of people of similar skill or at least know how to make use of portals
and in voice of course

tldr don't play bird man too much effort

step one somehow manage to acquire actual friends (Veeky Forums can't help you with this step; nobody here knows how to do it)
step two party up with them
step three be in voice chat in mumble or discord or teamspeak or blizzard voice (what the fuck the game's fucking launcher even has voice chat why isn't it ingame yet)

assuming the enemy team drafted little to no dive, is morales the best support to pick?

Morales isn't the best anything. Rehgar, Uther, and Lucio are the top 3 currently.

a time with no dive is probably going heavy into poke or something in which case a good sustained long-term healer like lucio or stukov will do you well

Lucio isn't top 3. Lucio is just really good against Malthael which is why he's getting picked. I'd at least put Stukov above Lucio.

>is morales best
regardless of picks probably not, although she can certainly be fine
further information required

>the state of chen

what the fuck why did they change minion aggro range im getting hit almost in the next fucking lane by catapults and minions chasing me WHAT THE FUCK

annoying isn't it

>go to clear a lane
>shit fight breaking out over merc camp
>minion follows me almost to the next lane
like aight sick I didn't wanna mount up or nothin

Fuck no. Pre-nerf she at least had single target sustained healing. Now she doesn't even have that. All of the other viable supports can keep a target alive like she does as well as some other niche that makes them viable.

Uther still gets burst heal and weak dmg mitigation, Rehgar gets burst/group heal, mercs, cleanse; they're top of the pack. Stukov shits out obscene amounts of heal and is prob the top of the supports in the bronze/silver shitter meta where cleanse doesn't matter and it's just endless brawling.
BW/Monk/Malf round out the rest of the viable supports depending on what you want (BW as generalist, has cleanse, good iso/pick potential, Monk for more dmg or divey comps, Malf for more healing, followup CC) Lucio can maybe sorta work depending on your/their comp and he does have some useful stuff in his kit (shields and speed can be useful) but in most cases BW can do more stuff while offering similar group heal benefits. Auriel's still decent too, but is sitting in a weird place. Lack of battery reliance is better at lower levels where she wasn't at max energy every 2s, can technically still max out energy by taking the AA talent but realistically shouldn't be in AA range to be doing so vs any competent team. Still no way to effectively mitigate CC pre-aegis, and resurrect still mostly sucks.

I found his pickrate at HGC this weekend pretty baffling. They were on the garrosh patch which was pre-HP buff weren't they? If the comps had lots of self-sustain heroes it would have made more sense to me but it looked more like they just went for the deathball mobility as long as the other team didn't draft much CC

Why is Garrosh so much fun and also a bully

Also check out my harem

Garrosh stinks!

>assuming the enemy team drafted little to no dive
No. In that case you'd want something like lucio, auriel+hypercarry, malfurion or rehgar depending on what your team needs.

Fuck off Jaina

>4 game winning streak on zuljin
taz mo'fuckin dingo

you fuck off you stupid stinky orc don't insult my wife

Laser build or Space Jam build for Azmo?

Why ISNT Murky considered viable for HL anymore? His rework was great, and I remember for a bit there he was considered a decent pick.

Never forget

>the current state of butcher
Good night, sweet prince.

why is there a tyrande in every >qm i just want a nice waifu free zone

you're the autistic shitposter of random screencaps and garrosh right?

How do you get heroes to level fucking 100? I'm barely hitting 20 over here and have been playing almost nothing but said hero.

Retard-proof synergy with almost anything.

autism spam them in QM with 5stacks and stims.

bronze is an inescapable hell. finished last season in silver 5, placed this one in bronze 2 because I guess losing 8/10 placements matters in this shit game

>useless ults (yes, both of them)
>""""""""""heal"""""""""""""""
>omnipotent owl of ostensity
>the fucking joke that is her snare
Even her cuckold husband is better.

How's Theramore?

Have you tried getting better?

git gud

Because;

Mark build lets you solo anyone.
Owl build lets you deal 2k damage
Flare build to gank someone and kill it immediately.

What the hell does Li Li even do?

Blind me when I'm playing butcher.

space jam generally
laser if you want to put your body in fights more, especially if the enemy has few ways to interrupt it

the two builds have very different playstyles and do very different things really

tyrande's healing might as well not exist
but nova has no healing whatsoever and qm players love her, so it's not like it makes a difference

Last season I was masters at highest and finished as dia 3.

This season I wanted how bad it can be and I lost all my placement matches purposefully.

Placed as gold 5.

Funniest of all is there is not so much of a difference between ranks, until you get to gm I suppose.

Anyways, if you think you are good, you should carry them and unless you are last pick do not fill-pick.

master Alarak, KT, Valla, Lunara and Cassia.

First four has higher scale value than many other heroes which allows you to carry, Cassia is your regular anti-bullshit if your enemy picked a very heavy aa build.

4 of them gather under the "positioning" which I assume you are good at it, if not, seriously git gut.

had a real good time shutting one down as uther in a game. feels good to remove their free gank button and watch them die helpless in a group of heroes.

her heal is non-existent but Kaldorei Resistance and stun removal is tasty.

how to git gud at lunara? I feel like I underutilize the wisp

Tyrande is also not considered a healer but a "Sustainer" so she plays against Abathur VERY frequently since he's so popular, and because Abathur is so incredibly comp reliant that he's just a massive early game gimp the majority of the time, Tyrandes often have a field day. They think it's all them, that they're so fucking good, etc, they keep playing Tyrande, cycle repeats on the back of fucking Abathur and the shitty QM role system that thinks she's the equivalent of Abathur or Zarya or Tass, and doesn't usually have to play against a team with an actual Support.

I'm at the point where I mostly play hots out of habit. The game is okayish, the maps are for the most part fun with some exceptions but the community is just a steaming pile of shit. Time to take another 2 year break, any games you guys could recommend?

1) Do not pick her at any circumstances, lunara can deal good damage, but that is damage over time. You may deal higher damage than anyone in the game, but she cannot go toe to toe to many ranged auto attacker counterparts. You can deal x1.5 damage than enemy valla, but she can solo you or trade you. If enemy has high gap-closers I avoid picking her. Also since she will likely to deal ability damage as well, if team has picked a mage I do not pick her.

When you play with lunara try to hit or land your skills to many enemy heroes as possible, as focus firing an enemy hero more than 3 times will not grant you or your team anything.

Because of the above, I always pick thornwood, try to land it to +2 more heroes, then either I use cripple spores, or keep harassing them with blossom or auto attacks.

Wisp can be used as bait, lets say you are being A-Move chased by a ranged assasin, you can drop a wisp to at least waste 1 auto attack from your enemy. And of course used as a scout, put it to choke points, bushes when you do objective or boss.

But, to get good with her, all you need to read drafts and positioning.

>durr vanilla rogues were overpowered
>lets make the rogue character overpowered too
Way too many unbalanced heroes in this game and what a surprise half of them are waifu bait

Skyrim Legendary Edition

Already played it. It was fun for a while but the world gets really repetitive fast despite being pretty big and the combat / character development is really one dimensional.

send it ahead of you into bushes or place it in pathways the enemy team will go through to rotate to your lane or to the objective

i really wish it didn't have that stupid 5s cooldown on commanding it to move, though. it should work like Misha or a water elemental and have no cd

kelthuzad is not a rogue user
he's a lich
very different

the rogue character in this game was added a while ago: her name is valeera sanguinar and she is useless garbage only good against bronzies in QM

>want to play game
>have no one to play it with

So how do I play Leoric effectively? Early game I feel like I can't do shit. I do piss damage and get torn to shreds easily.

Late game I get it I become this unstoppable life drain rapist but what should I be doing until then?

Which ult is better?

>Valeeras talent tree is super diverse depending on the situation
>Resource dependent gameplay
>Sucks complete ass and you're better off just smacking people as Zeratul

They can never ever buff her either cause stealth just shits on new players entirely and isn't even mentioned in the tutorial

they have said before that they're thinking about reworking stealth

i hope they do becase the current "you're either unseen or actually still totally visible depending on how good the other guys' eyeballs/monitor are" system is stupid
stealth shits on newbies but is too weak at a high level

they need a new system where stealth is true invisibility but has some other downside to counterbalance it, like becoming revealed when too near to enemy heroes (that one would also be shitty for valeera though, hmmm)

maybe just make it so you don't show up on the minimap and minions/towers won't shoot you but players will still obvious be able to see you, like the same visual effect of zeratul walking under a scouting drone

They pick him for his ult. Malth is in every game and Sound Barrier counters Malth hard.

Well they could do that but that wouldn't really FIX stealth, it would just make it always as shitty as it is in high level play.

Make it like in WoW or dota. If you're in combat, you can't go into stealth for another 3 seconds.

They are talking about buffing stealth heroes, not making them even more worthless. Zeratul is the only worthwhile one and that's mostly because of Void Prison.