/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Original lore donut steel edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk
youtube.com/watch?v=K92g8mtqXBE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/23

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368224.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1uUk5WGAydI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never underestimate the power of the character creation meta

1257 is a mod for the original mount and blade. PS1 tier map, runs like a handheld game. Not good enough to be called a Warband map

Thing is I always went for maximum INT and CHA so i can rush both surgery wound treatment to +14, trainer to 10 and path finding to to like 9 for that super zombie army whilst starting off with a decent party size due to the extra CHA.

Merchant INT +2 CHA +1
Assistant INT +1 CHA +1
Student INT +2, +1, Wound Treatment +1, Surgery
Loss CHA +2

>muh map
is there a more banal complaint to a mod

is that perrisno? Beastman clerk when??

>warband map
It's 13th century Europe you dolt. The map is the least annoying thing about the mod.

I find it is better to boost a skill of an attribute you have no intention of increasing actually. If you play a warrior character reaching 27/30 in any primary attribute is going to happen pretty quickly. This typically ends up with me choosing backgrounds that maximize Looting or Leadership.

My bad, I wasn't specific enough, I mean not pic, but build for me that I typed in this post
I know I'm sometimes tough one with taking advices plus I'm more or less decided, Still, I wanna hear some opinion(s)

About 1h for companions,

That's true that 10PD ones are something else, on top of that best MW bow+ best quiver are ~6k for bothl. Decent balanced 1h costs +20k...
I forgot that I won't have my 8 exp/inp npc abnominations, so I'll thik about companions once again I guess.
1H itself works ok, but desu with 10 ps they would hit like truck even using pillows,

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

This is Rhodok soil

Isn't Gangs of Glasgow post-apocalyptic?

fighting the good fight battle brother

GoG is the best modern day Scotland simulator I've ever seen
t. Edinburgher

I'll take that as a yes.

Quality thread guys.

Make it better and give me return info on this

The battle size would need to be at least 2,000 men to approach the appropriate amount of carnage represented before, during, and after RotTK.

this is true for every conflict though. skirmishes in the middle-of-nowhere bronze age germany were 3x larger than a warband battle of 300. even total war struggles to have the same number of combatants as the larger historical battles.

this is the kind of OC I like to see my man

JUST FUCKING REREAD IT

Are there any roll charts for various mods or character styles? I want to play mountainblade but I've been staring at my screen trying to decide how to go about that for ten minutes now.

not really, battles in history have been fought between wildly different scales
skirmishes usually refer to smaller battles anyway

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
>3-7 million dead
>200 AD

but that's the thing, every M&B battle is a skirmish relative to real conflicts. which war prior to the 20th century had pitched battles of 300 or less men?

why are you quoting me with this

bannerlord when?
turk genocide best day of my life

Indeed, I have faith that Bannerlord devs will expand on the sim elements of marriage and release a Khuzait waifu vid illustrating such gameplay mechanics soon

This is Perisno. And honestly, I like it. Let me minmax if I want, or let me play what I want regardless.

play dynasty warriors 3

WE WILL RELEASE IT IN A FEW WEEKS JUST HOLD ON OKAY HOL D ON

so entire company lives out of writing a blog, for 6 years
nice

we'll get real news for sure now that the ginge is fired

I believe in Bannerlord Polearm shock infantry

i want this in dickplomacy, goddamit.

Did you guys remember to vote on most important thing related to Bannerlord that will happen in next decade?
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368224.0.html

youtube.com/watch?v=1uUk5WGAydI

Preach on Rhodok brethren

>forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368224.0.html
nothing even barely related, like hope's graveyard, open coffin, house of hollows etc

I don't vote for lies

Its too bad Warband doesn't have faction specific games much as Bannerlord promises to have.

I really wish Sands of Faith had more content. What's there is mostly great but it gets boring so quickly when there are only two tiny troop trees and so few weapons to mess around with.

It was supposed to have siege weapons like trebuchets but got scrapped IIRC

I don't even care about shit like that. I just want to keep upgrading weapons rather than buying the one sword I will use for the entire playthrough five minutes in. I want more troop variation so that every battle isn't the exact same thing.

There is one crossbow variation. There are three or four swords with roughly the same stats and just different aesthetics. There are lances that only differ in which flag is at the top. There is one pike and I think only one bow too.

Starting fresh in 1257. So people won't bitch about cheating when I post my pics.
Exhibitionism, tough buisness
name may sucks, whtever

>read in these threads the past few days how OP archery can be in 1257
>decide to try it out because I want to play an archer
>create a test character with cheats enabled and boost powerdraw to 8 and archery profficiency to 200
>teleport around a dozen cities and buy the best bow and arrows that I can find
>find some basic bandits and fight them
>doing 50 damage on body shots killing them in one hit
>single out one fag with a shield to test it out
>twenty arrows later and the shield is still there in one piece

Why would you lie like that user?

yay

I didn't need more than 3, max 4 arrows for any shield in 600 days and ~7000 killed and wounded. So there is some issue. what's that best bow excatly? How much PD points did you have?

>yo mama 25 denars

Post mount and blade memes

took me 2h but metal men is ded
5 to go :S

You better not be another slav

I'm slav, so I may be another slav too.
You fighting for pure /mbg/ or something?

Will the devs finally gave in to the slavposters and make one of the factions slav/rus inspired in Bannerlord or are we stuck with le ebin vikings?

they tried to sell wfas here, they won't try shit anymore %)
I remember you, you are that Swede tired of le ebin viking meme. 2bh if I had to pick one, I'd take lebin vikings over literaly who (part2) anytime, I like our shit, but cmon, there must be le ebin vikings.

There's already a Mongol faction.

Yeah, we already have one of your kind here

>tfw you are half-slav
Go home Genghis
Calling someone Swedish is an insult nowadays

I see, I'll look for another general then %^)
Where are you from, if I may ask? Sweden?

How am I supposed to call actuall Swedes then?

Cucks

last but not least, you have just 1 and half slav here, calm your tits. I have 38 million of them here

Havent followed the game's progression. Where my Bannerlords at? Also will multi be through steam?

Kurwa!

Captain Sweden meme, this kind of shit?

The egg stew looks good. I envy that fag. Hes in a never ending banquet.

matchmaking is confirmed through steam at least

harlaus pls

Motherfuckers! There goes my multi.

I wouldnt call the sad reality of Swedistian a meme

Kurwa!

Nice to meet you.Na zrowie.

Nigga swadia is a wealthy utopia compared to the other savage "countries", it's literally the bastion of civilization of calradia.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about actiall country, Sweden

>utopia
Paying 80% butter tax on all forms of transactions to satisfy the hunger of your gluttonous ruler is considered progressive
This is what the swads actually believe

RELEASE NOW OR I WILL KILL SOMEONE

kill drumpf

Don't lament, bin that comment.

Guys, did Lu Bei really do gymnastics and super Olympian high jumps during battle? I think Dynasty Warriors may be lying to me.

make sure to left the note why did you killed, mayby this will make turks think a little

who is the most Veeky Forums faction and why is it the sarranids

gb2 Mecca

Vaegirs would be most Veeky Forums if they had Kuyak

Because you are a Sandnigger.

imo Sarranids (s.elite armor, s. veiled helmet, gg mail boots and s,charger) . Vaegirs are second together with Rhoducks (brutal look but Veeky Forums too somehow).

Now companions.
I'll probably make 20+1 HA all out, fuck cha 2bh
(I mean out of all (3) mods which I tried, 1257 has the least penalty for dumping cha, so why now?)

>elf

>decide to try 1257 as a girl
So far I've made 10k denars by doing delivery jobs and dodging bandits, have not recruited anyone. Women are supposed to have it harder, no?

how do mercenary lances work, I don't want to waste my virtual money

>Women are supposed to have it harder
the early game takes a bit longer, but the early-mid game is the best part

Been playing Nova Aetas, trait system is a big drawback desu. Is there any fix or future patch for this nonsense?

Damn. I enlisted in an army and lost my 2 thousand denar merc investment. Kinda mad.

This but als mention armagan's name.

Literally just ignore them, they arent even noticeable

>1257
>Ride with the Holy Roman Empire to break the siege of Aachen
>We arrive and reinforce the castle with 2100 men
>The enemies only have 800
>This will be EASY
>1 hour later
>Still just mindlessly sitting at the top of an archery tower, picking away at the enemy peasants

just let it end

Don't worry, just another hour and it'll be soup time.

stupid frankposter

Perhaps not, but it's a bit annoying having these traits pop up every week or so. I got the Bad Supplier trait even though I had nobody in my party and I had only just started the game. Ridiculous system.
It's happening again, pic related.

Brytenwalda or Viking Conquest?

Is there even a difference?

VC is more polished, Brytenwalda is bigger.

I lost my shit when I saw this for first time, Order them to hold fire otherwise they'll be staying like this forever and not even hiting anyone. Most of decent archers appareantly carry shield with them, they are sufficient inf, too I think.

There are some assets that seem to be to help us, like picrelated:

Many of my man died at one nasty siedge, they didn't even make it to the top of the ladder. Then I almost tripped over this shit.
Well...