/domg/ Dominions General

user vs Namefag Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FinalDestination
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SerialExperimentsLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eggplant.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FinalDestination

6 Slots remain.

>mfw i plan on abandoning all 5 of the pbems i'm currently in the second dom5 gets released

i'm surely not the only one, right?

Also since we have summod 0.79 now, Marignon is unbanned.

Is this a disciples game?

No? It'd be pretty clear if it were.

Only reason I'm asking is that the map is designed for disciples game

No, awaitequira is just a cool map.

If you have daily turn you still have like 60 turns left until release.

Does anyone have a DL link for Oeridia? I want to do a SP game that will last me until dom5 comes out

Serves him right, he trusted an ape!

Aren't you Marverni already subhuman enough? Do you have to stoop so low as to recruit APES?

are we meant to be impressed by this?

Wew lad looks like it's your time to die now.

There any news on TNN for Doms5?

They cast spells slower but they also cost less encumbrance to cast.

Sounds like a nerf.

I mean, in a long fight they will still be slinging spells while everyone else is asleep.

It's +25% casting time for -50% fatigue.

Lower alpha strike, but they'll be able to get off around twice as many spells if they don't get wiped out very fast.

Alpha Striking is generally far more important, but maybe 50% reduced fatigue cost is enough to make up for it. We'll have to see.

Do Fir Bolg have helmets yet?

fir bolg needs not a helmet scrub!

GIVE ME A DOM 5

Yeah it honestly sounds really bad.

>needing scales

>Requires luck scales

Luck 0, nigga.

That's not what the mod inspector is telling me

it does not require ingame luck scales if you got luck 3 in RL.

Might be positive luck from someone else's dominion.

Dom9 was way better before the pretender patch, which made candle spread check be 50% + 5% * candles, instead of just 10% * candles.

We'll see if it's made more useful again to pump your candles high in Dom5.

Give asian nations more pretendies damn it

When playing as C'tis at what ratio do you recruit Shamans vs Reborn vs Sauromancers?

Even then, dom9 wasn't worth it for the candles. The only place it got used was awake expanders (because they needed it),

Sauromancers can get S1, which will help you when you setup communions with shamans. If you're against astral memers, recruit more shamans for magic duels. Reborns are what you recruit when you need some skelespamming power fast when you don't have enough forts and/or gold to recruit a sauromancer from all of them. D3 is MUCH better at skelespamming than D2. They can also craft staves for you.

Actually, communions were buffed. Slaves at 200 fatigue no longer lose HP when masters cast spells giving them

Wow.
We might be able to script a 50 mage battle in less than 15 minutes now.

We could have always copied spell scripts, but putting each mage into his own box so that they wouldn't get all blown out by the same thunderstrike was very time consuming.

For skelespamming D3 is 2x better than D2 (varies by situation but close enough).

So in terms of skelespamming power reborns and sauromancers are pretty identical, save for the sauromoncers getting those D4's too.

Recruit Reborns when you want skelespam and better research, Sauromancers when you want skelespam and crosspaths.

How do I into MA Marignon?

1/4 sauromancer will be D4 though, and 1/icantcount can even be D5 or D4 with a crosspath.

Actually, Reborns cost 105 gold and Sauromancers 210, so I guess the exchange is kinda equivalent.

Oh the immortal tome eating ape probably has some sort of animal spawner ability. Noticed CoE4 had similar icon on some units.

You'd sometimes get on bless chassises too to shit out as many sacreds as possible. The candle benefit definitely helped to nudge you along.

The cost of getting to Dom9 was way lower overall when you'd push it to that from Dom7 than Dom5.

I don't get it.

Redpill me on skelespam
Doing some quick and dirty calculations 3D in a vacuum can summon 35 skeletons per combat while 2 can only do 18, assuming magic scales work before higher path bonuses then 3D can summon 56 per combat while 2d can do 24.
Should reinvig or death boosters be a higher priority, or should you save gems to summon more death mages? What are some good nations for doing it besides the obvious C'tis and Ermor?

well that especially matters for cap only sacreds

Niefel/Jotun/Maybe Ashdod with some of their D2-D3 dudes/Sceleria (because you don't want to spend your raised skellies too much to cause hp rout) etc. If they dudes have D/S crosspaths, all the better.

How likely are the mages to fuck everything up at the end of their scripting?

Toppest skelespam nations are Utgard, Jotunheim, Niefelheim, C'tis and Sauromatia. Communions are, in general, better than regular skelespam, even with boosters and/or reinvig gear.

Any mage who can skelespam will do so a lot of the time unscripted. Not a problem.

Skelespam is basically the default action for D2+ mages. Sometimes mixed with some offensive spells, but rarely.

Most of the cost is in the higher candles, since each new candle costs more. Going from 7->9 might be cheaper than 5->9, but not by much.

What I remember was that 7 was standard, with 6 if you didn't care so much about candles and 8 if you really wanted sacreds.

Even back then, 9 was just a waste of points if you didn't need the awe. You'd be safe on dominion with 7-8, and from there you could easily boost up to 10 with temples if you wanted to dompush.

>assuming magic scales work before higher path bonuses
The order you apply them in shouldn't matter, if it does for your calculations then you're doing something wrong.

I get 18 skeletons for a D2 caster, 24 in magic 3. For a D3 caster, 35 skeletons, 42 in magic 3.

Of course, D3 will return to putting out more skeletons a lot quicker than D2.

>tfw I only want to play dom5 now
>all other vidya no longer interests me

Are there any games starting up?

Yeah, Dominions 5: Warriors of Faith in two months

Yeah. Here's a ME game with some meme settings:
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SerialExperimentsLA

Since Philosophers aren't mages they should only cost 1 recruitment point IMO :^)

I hope 1path mages don't cost 2
I can understand 2-3 path ones, but 1S and nothing else? Why?

It turns out that the capital produces 2/CP turn and it only costs 300 gold and 2 months to upgrade a 600 gold palisade to a 2 CP/turn fort so barely anything changed in practice.

Nice
I would have almost preferred an automatic option to maximize distances between commanders, but that works too I guess

Guys am I doing it right?

>EQ
>EQ

MORE

Oh I only had 4 communion slaves in that battle and they all died from fatigue. Any way to calculate how many are needed? I guess you could just calculate the fatigue cost each turn of your scripts, consider 200 fatigue dead, and go from there.

Any Dominions 5 gameplay videos yet? ;_;

Yes but the catch is you can't see shit because they're 1080 scaled down to 380p

yea some nerd streams a little bit

no. illfraud doesn't want it.
a guy streamed 30 minutes 2 days ago in potato quality showing nothing worth more than the screenshots and posts we have.

a guy streamed yesterday in 720 p
for 10 minutes

There's a calculator in the pastebin. Remember to use Power of the Spheres to boost slaves' path level.

Also
You should be using either archers scripted to fire and keep distance or some shielded idiots scripted to guard commander, their commander on holdx5 (stay behind troops). No point losing actual troops in melee if you can lose skeletons instead.

I'll send one in as Jotunheim when I get home in a few hours.

Game: DominionsHeroes
Turn number 9
Next turn due: 20:22 GMT on Wednesday September 13th

Unexpected Nation 2h file received
>Conflux Waiting for 2h file

Conflux is Malakal. You can recognize him by his uninspired pretender name, good expansion, and slow turns.

I want to join the LA ME+summod game as jomon
any tips?
I mean, other than: e4 erfsnake, grab sea, make dragon, pray pantokrator?

rush Midgard

Watch out for Okofire
The public enemy of Dominions community
Known facts:

[x] Midget
[x] Tryhard
[x] Stacker
[x] Racist
[x] Overweight
[x] Gook lover
[x] Dumpstered by Meaglin in dom4 tournament
[x] Communist
[x] Artstyle hater
[x] Doesn't post first for #ulm
[x] Directly responsible for Ermor casting burden of time every game
[x] Bad player
[x] Known homosexual
[x] Virgin
[x] K-Pop spammer
[x] Redditor
[x] Is trying to kill Dom4 E-Sports
[x] Posting 'dead thread dead game'
[x] Smells bad
[x] Direct cause of the development of the .H264 10-bit profile
[x] Is developing his own Dominions 4 rip off
[x] Likes bad music
[x] Has Athlete's Foot despite never exercising in his life
[x] Attempted to take down Adblock
[x] Tried to add nipples to Ulm Pikemen
[x] "That"
[x] Jewish ancestry
[x] Hates America
[x] Caused Moggers to get a day job
[x] Alcoholic
[x] Samefagger
[x] Marijuana addict + marijuana needle sharer
[x] Bad teeth
[x] Israeli apologist
[x] Attempted to assassinate Emperor Point
[x] Successfully DDoSed many Blitz hosts
[x] Hindered intergalactic relations
[x] Responsible for seizure of Bitgamer by the Feds
[x] Watches and enjoys The Big Bang Theory
[x] Abuser of animals
[x] Possible jaywalker
[x] Copyright violater
[x] Borderline mentally retarded
[x] His nipples resemble misshapen pepperoni

With N2 and A2 you can turn mountain sites into places where you can get tengu. You could play a bless build focused on tengu and those cap only nerds.

>that time some guy in the group chat convinced him to send like 50 notifications in a row to everyone leading to over half the group leaving

Don't forget, he's the author of the classic international hall of fame quote: "Fucking cheating AI".

Doesn't the AI start with like 5 times the gold of players or some shit and increased gems in their cap on harder difficulties rather than getting harder?

You know he's just a poor eastern european farmer right? We should make a gofundme to purchase him like a fucking tractor or something. I think this act of good will will make him really happy and maybeit will improve his dominions skills.

Yes, but not standard AI that defeated him.

Oh yeah Machaka, I'm so scared of some shitty longdeads. Why dont you send them UW and see what happens?

Depending on the age, he can pretty much wreck your shitty 10 ammo mindblasters if he brings some non-mindless chaff.

There are non-Eastern European people on /domg/?

Yes, I am from the uNited kingdom

>implying I wont just mind blast them as well
>implying I wont just kill them with water elementals anyway

It all depends. But I'm not in that game, so feel free to keep your intimidation diplo going.

>tfw want to play now
>tfw don't want to invest in a game that will be redundant in a month and a half

Don't forget that he shaves his legs and left in the middle of a blitz because he had to go to the barber.
It wasn't just one guy, multiple people Were egging him on to do it.

That's what you get for being a mean chink bulli.

How's Lanka in Dom5?

>Malakal
>Calling someone else racist
wew

Seeing how Yomi got treated I dread to find out.

I think Yomi might possibly be better off. At least oni dont cost crazy upkeep now and oni generals and shit can domsummon more oni. Plus snake bitches arent cold blooded anymore apparently.

Malakal isnt racist, I know him well and he's a very cool guy who respects everyone