/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

selfish-dream.itch.io/hollow
steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/1485482132156855838/
amon26.itch.io/aoofad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does this spider have anything to do with /indie/ games at all?

Naramura keep teasing La-Mulana 2
Just finish it and give us the game already!

>he doesn't know about Empire of the Undergrowth
Ew.

didn't the head dev get fucking hospitalized

Laziness is not a sickness.

>When your best characters with rare trinkets and who are upgraded all have a heart attack and die on the same turn Vs Necromancer.

This game is truly a piece of shit. Where is the fun in grinding the same "clear 90% of X" over and over just to be raped again

>dying to necromancer

It's amazingly rotten. I can't understand how people remain infatuated with it after ~10 hours of it.

The only fun is being able to be all smug about it afterward.
>"Haha, you died to Necromancer? The hag is where the tears start rolling."

>Necromancer
I bet it's not even champ Necromancer.

Everyday.

>wiping against ANY boss before the Darkest Dungeon

Please play Stardew Valley.

no like actually hospitalized, right before the last big game con thing they had

Good advice. Stardew Valley is the better game out of those two.

>dying to easiest boss
Surely you won't show us your party, skills and trinkets, scrub.

His new review is a lot more messy and mostly cries about SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS. To me that seems actually abusive, unlike this which seems to be (relatively) more about the failings of the game...

Kinda funny that it turned out that way.

lmao

/indie/ is lovely sometimes

I can't remember the gear exactly but I was PDoctor/GRobber/Crusader/Leper.

Every healer I take eventually just heart attacks and I was having a lot of success with this setup. Only put Robber in since my Hound master died. It seemed like a semi decent team since Necromancer looks like he needs to be killed by dots rather than brute force. I even camped in the room before his but still got rekt

Dude, the only thing you need to do against him is just hitting stuff. Like, that's it, punch his skeleton buddies and he's fucked. How do you deal with the Brigand Pounder if you can't even beat the Necromancer?

t. DD dev

>Necromancer looks like he needs to be killed by dots rather than brute force
Nah, the only thing that makes stuff need to die by dots instead of regular hits is protection. Necromancer ain't got none of that. The only real trick is being able to deal with the shit he summons while still getting him down, and that's just 'are you punching enough'. It sounds like you're taking an awful lot of stress damage, though. Are you targeting stressers in fights? It's easier to heal health than stress most of the time.

>killed by dots rather than brute force
Are you retarded?
You had 2 characters that attack 1-2 position and necro summon help and moving to 3-4, i bet you haven't used GR to stun necro and let crusader to use holy lance.
You couldn't kill him because only GR was able to deal damage to him, dots are not for this fight.
Easiest way to beat necro is to burst him or even bring stunner.
GIT GUD

Not having a healer against bosses unless you know exactly what you're doing is asking for trouble, healers are not weaker to stress than anyone else. Get used to using Arabman and the Vestal.

What are some games.

turban-wearing arabman of many 0

>Are you retarded?

0+bleed to your death's door hero is the spice of life.Seriously though, his damage debuff is one of the strongest boss trivializer in the game.

it doesn't really work on flesh, does it? only targets one of the parts

Bringing shits who can attack only 1-2 positions to shufling boss is retarded.

I mean, it's pretty retarded.

selfish-dream.itch.io/hollow

Goodbye for now.
See you in a year or so!

Well yeah, you don't bring him to every boss there is.

>when you only address an ad hom and ignore the rest of the counterarguments provided in the post because you can't refute them

Never tried arabman, he looked like a weak mix of healing/damage. Any recommendations for a good team comp? Also is jester actually useful with his buffs?

Does it look as bad in the game as the screenshots? Because the screenshots look like photoshop threw up on them.

Jester used to be able to delete one enemy in most encounters, with a frontline Finale start. He was nerfed and most of his buffs are pretty eh, his main use is now a stress healer. Not bad, but not quite the nuke he used to be. Haven't used him (nor play DD) since I last cleared the Courtyard when it was first released, so I don't know what team comp would fit him now. I used to pair him with a Highwayman because a Finale to Point-blank Shot wrecks bitches real hard.

Arabman can cause your enemy to have like a 120% damage debuff stack, this absolutely demolishes the Swine God boss and some others. He also deals nice damage to Eldritch enemies. His heal is wonky as hell, so don't rely on it to save you when shit's going south but it's still a nice thing to have.

In terms of healing throughput he's actually basically the best in the game. Wyrd Reconstruction is strong as hell. The range and chance to bleed means he's a little less reliable than a healer vestal, though. His damage is mediocre aside from eldritch artillery which is solid against backlines. Really, most of his value is in the heal, his debuffs, and his pull.

>Yeah, it (Sprint) should be modified in some way so that it doesn't have a cooldown out of combat. I understand why it does in combat--it offers too much mobility for just one feat--but out of combat it just makes exploring sooo tedious.

That... doesn't even sound like such a terrible suggestion. Fast, not speedhacked speed already has a downside, you are more likely to step on traps before you could detect them. If tabis can give constant speed boost, out of combat Sprint doesn't sound all that unreasonable. Maybe it could force activate for you when you enter combat so you start with the cooldown ticking if you were using it already.

Although it would make dodging patrols and cameras way too easy for what is just a 6 AGI feat. Improved Sprint for 10 AGI? Veteran Sprint specialization might come a bit too late in the game.

Cheru on Steam confirmed the game is coming out next year as Naramura-san's illness pushed the release window. I've been trying to keep my hype down and enjoy other games, but Naramura-san definitely loves to tease me.

Bad idea from a game design perspective. If it has no cooldown, it should just be a passive ability - or better yet, a toggle. But in either case, "Sprint" is not the correct moniker for it.

And it's probably impossible from game mechanics perspective. As far as I can tell there is no distinction between effects in RT and TB modes. Everything is real-time on a base level, turn-based mode simply clumps the real times into discrete units of 5 seconds aka turns.

You can constantly sprint in controlled zones only for example.

Your first argument is pointless pedantry and your second argument is plain wrong.

>As far as I can tell there is no distinction between effects in RT and TB modes
isn't there a bug where using a multi-shot ability in real time mode will start combat and only fire one shot?

Son of a bitch is murdering my flock again.
Also, not sure how fences work. Build three of them, it's only some kind of fondation.

And, damn, I never understood how much I hated the sound effect for when you eat something. It sounds like the character is biting an apple. Doesn't make sense when 95% of the stuff I eat is cooked meat.

Yeah, the first hit causes hostility which forces you into turn-based mode and the current action (firing that burst) simply gets stopped when the mode changes.

It may be pedantic, but that doesn't change or devalue the point.

How is the second one plain wrong?

Maybe not RT and TB, but the game does make a difference between combat and non-combat. If it can disable certain actions in combat I doubt slapping a cooldown on something for the same purpose would be technically impossible.

A name is just a name, that can change if needed. It could be called Marathon Runner for all I care, that's not really the point.

That being said I don't personally have a problem with speed. But as far as solutions go a feat, whether Sprint or something else, that boost RT speed is a reasonable suggestion. Sprint is just a good candidate for it since it already does that, and can't be used to sanic stealth.

You know, it's a good thing ARK isn't realistic.
>build my house out of wood, with a thatch roof
>put a campfire and a cooking pot inside
That shit would really easily catch on fire, and since there are no windows, smoke would kill me as well.

Steam code

What for?

Already used. Someone already grabbed it without even a thank.

People are so rude.

Yet another pic, the third in a week. Naramura-san is going all out.

It was Citizens of Earth. Not a big deal but whatever.

Eeeh, that's okay, I don't know if it woulda been my kind of game anyway.
But the fact that someone grabbed it is still pretty rude.

should i just kill wolfman? i feel like he is a double nigger who is gonna joo me

>modded best in between raiders and my base

It's just like Ubisoft's popular Far Cry series!

Wolfman is very loyal unless you betray him.

Talking about Underrail, it's disheartening how the easiest of mutagen puzzles deliver awful pains to some.
steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/1485482132156855838/
Echo-1, Io-1, Helicon-1, Ovid-1, Echo-4, Ovid-1, Io-2

How do we improve the IQ of gamers to the point where they can enjoy puzzles and get the satisfaction of solving them?

Maybe the guy that grabbed it thought it was a better game and got mad. I agree it's still pretty rude.

It's not about IQ, it's about logic.
I remember being stuck on Arkham Asylum's very first puzzle (the one with the sharp painting), but once I understood how I was supposed to answer, it became really easy.

Dunno, but I had good fun solving that guy's puzzle. Not that I'd every post on Steam to tell him that, so nice of Styg to help him out though.

eeh, i dont trust him but sure. trader is a good guy tho

can anyone rip the music out of the files? it is really good

>It's not about IQ, it's about logic.

B-but IQ only measures logical thinking, not so much other areas of intelligence. I hope you still got the point.

Oh shit, Styg replied to him? Didn't see that before I posted the link. Nice!

>IQ only measures logical thinking
It does? I thought it measured how quickly your learned and adapted, stuff like that.

He is problem already, if you have been to his hideout you could notice, he breeding dogs and then makes huge dogs out of them. Maybe he wants to create something like himself, anyway woods are fucked up already and Wolfman only makes it worse.
Let alone his hobby, making trophies out of humans.

Your only true friend is Trader, sadly he can't be saved.

Just build a separate stone cookhouse outside like the hundreds of civilizations before

I would probably to relocate entirely. I settled down on the beach, and ressources are slowly running out.

Worth it for the comfiness alone
Cant see the stars at night deep in the jungle

I'm not an expert on the various types of intelligence and the terminology, but I meant IQ measures logical problem solving prowess rather than social intelligence or any other kind of intelligence. Things like that puzzle.

If I take down all the trees around me, I will.
I have a fondness for wood, since it respawn. A bit bummed I don't fully understand how respawn works in ARK.

So my bad. It's really intelligence then.

Not that it means much, I'm supposely at 143 and I still miss obvious social clues.

I wish I remembered whether logic is a component of g factor or s factor intelligence

At least you're modest enough to keep it to yourse-oh wait.

Just saying it doesn't mean much.

Uh huh.

I once tried to do an IQ test but got bored after four pages and left. Hmm.

Instant Internet Diagnosis: you have ADHD.

And autism, ASPD, at least 7 other mental illnesses, hypochondriasis, and who knows what else. Thanks, internet diagnosis!

You're welcome!

And AIDS.

Are you implying I have a sex life?

It also doesn't mean much if we don't know what test. Even if we did it wouldn't mean that much unless you had cognitive ability assessed through factorial analysis

I'm saying your hand cheated on you.

True. Pick your test, you pick your result.

Any indie games that benefit from aderall besides the usual suspects like NeoTokyo

Aurora, the ultimate in 4X autism.

I need a game that takes away the pain of knowing that literally none of your """Friends""" give even a single shit about you and would just as easily forget about you as breathe.
Suggestions?

All Of Our Friends Are Dead.

amon26.itch.io/aoofad
It's free.

Russian Roulette
Mario Party
Golf It
Secret Hitler on Tabletop Simulator
Stardew Valley, it's slow and relaxing. A pretty good one if you just want to wind down.

>Russian Roulette
Is that an actual indie game or are you just telling user to go shoot himself?

I mean, the thrill/terror at the possibility of shooting yourself will surely make you forget about a lot of things.

Va11ha11a
May Club

Real Lives. Embrace the pain, user.

But what if he really does shoot himself? He can't quite do placebo Russian Roulette alone, so that's out of question. And I don't want user to kill himself.

One of the best ways to make a decision is to flip a coin, and instead of just doing what the coin says, see whether you feel justified or want to try and flip again.

Russian Roulette is basically the same thing, with the question being "should I live or die"?

You can flip the coin again or put it away. Picking a bullet out is a lot messier. Unless it exists the skull, of course.

>And I don't want user to kill himself.
It's not about what you want, it's about what user wants, and sometimes that's a question best answered with a gun to one's head.

Play The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile and blast some violently cathartic music of your choice.

>I don't want user to kill himself.
1-3 anons somewhere most likely killed themselves when you were typing this.

Out of pure contrarianism.