/fg/ - Falcom General #82

Previous thread:

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XT_Va-vQQWI
youtu.be/QWDB_JPYNOg?t=20m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=iOpFy95bYZo
imgur.com/a/tXndZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to FUCK Rean

Calvard when?

I LOVE KLAUDIA

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

I wonder if that user finally impregnated Elie

What about a girl version which would, story-wise, make the CS series a lot more sense with both Rean and Crow's relationship which was pretty much front and center compared to everyone else?

I was actually wondering about the "puts Crossbell in a high shelve" user.

GTFO CSFAG

Nah, then I wouldn't be able to waifu the girls since I don't like yuri.

It wasn't just one user.

>Rean and Crow's relationship which was pretty much front and center compared to everyone else?
Where does this meme come from? Rean-Crow is your typical mecha rivalry between people who don't really hate each other but fight for their own ideals.

It wouldn't make more sense just because you could ship them without it being gay.

Previous thread link?

unf

Earnest did nothing wrong.

Previous thread My bad.

A meme? Did you play CS2 with all those teasing at Pantagruel? And then there's Rean's thoughts throughout all of CS2 that are almost nothing but Crow? And all those bonding events with Class VII, Sara, and Alfin all being optional? The fact that Rean's been obsessing way more with Crow compared to how he treats the other Class VII members who might as well be his groupies? The part where Rean can go inside the dorm event without anybody and go straight towards Crow's room without even visiting his own room? The part where Rean and Crow have the only combination attack in the entire damned game? The part where Rean screams at Osborne, demanding why he's still alive after Crow shot him with such emotion compared to what he usually shows throughout the game? The part where Rean ditches Cedric who he had in his hands, to hold Crow as he lays dying? And then do you also want me to bring up the first promotional image we had of CS3 with Rean and not-Crow back-to-back?

Do you still want me to continue about this?

Wait isn't Sugita voicing Toval? Why is he voicing Michael in CS3?

Some people thought that because of the voice cast, he was actually Toval in disguise, which to me doesn't make much sense.

Because Michael is Toval. Why do you think there are no screenshots or art of Toval?

So this is the mind of a demented fujo... how terrifying.

Same reason as why Koshimizu is voicing both Claire and Musee or Ise is voicing both Laura and Aines.

Saving their budget, using one voice actor for multiple roles isn't unheard of.

Yeah but everyone would see it as romantic if Rean were a girl.

>get to fight 2 more cryptic monsters on CS2
>somehow manage to beat them with delay rean the delay master
>get Glimmering Star
>tfw mixing this with Machias Burst Drive
>mfw
All is broken now. Nothing us stopping Time Lord Machias

Rutger has the same VA as Schmidt.

youtube.com/watch?v=XT_Va-vQQWI
!!

Wrong thread?

>180 cm tall
Will manlets ever recover?

Believe it or not, this isn't XSEED general.

I want Renne to step on my dick

But chrono burst is better since it doesn't consume all EP though.

Also reminder that the 4 cryptids fought in the reverie corridor were fire, water, wind and earth element but the 5th cryptid was time. To add fuel to the time sept terrion theory.

Don't have access to that art yet so this will do for now. Unless we mix that too for ultimate time lord status

>Rean's AT delay actually came from Sept-Terrion of Time.

I wonder why she's acting separately from Ouroboros. I find it hard to believe she'd be kicked out for what happened in CS 2, considering the grandmaster's attitude in the 3rd.

She doesn't want Novartis and Campanella to make fun of her

Osborne is a warlock or necromancer. Screencap this.

Osborne is the descendant of Al and Rose, he is a half vampire.

Vampires are lame as fuck.

Arteria when?

>T. Werewolf cuck

But that doesn't make sense because Rean is the direct child of Roselia. That's why he's also a True Ancestor vampire.

Don't @ me

Are there really 7 Divine Knigts?

Ashen Valimar - White Tiger Byakko
Azure Ordine - Blue Dragon Seiryuu
Vermillion Testarossa - Vermilion Bird Suzaku
??? - Black Tortoise Genbu

Where does the other 3 come from? Even the doors gave no hint or anything.

Incest. But really, Rean doesn't seem to be naturally mixed, he probably has his mother's heart or some shit like that.

>are all csfag this bad?
youtu.be/QWDB_JPYNOg?t=20m12s

>the two characters who, according to their lines, literally break the barrier of time to AT advance their mates (Elie, Machias) have no time locks

Love that music playing when you read the books.

youtube.com/watch?v=iOpFy95bYZo

Since Ys VIII is coming out soon in steam, can I play it without knowledge of the previous games? I have literally never played a Ys game before.

You'll miss out on a few references and stuff like that, but most Ys games are fairly self contained. The stories in them are nothing super deep.

If you can, play Ys 1 and 2 just so you know how it all started out, but either way is fine.

>Giving NIShit your money
Stop what you're doing and get YsVII instead.

>cuckqueen

I'm pretty sure the black records outright state the number of them and that one got destroyed

Is there even a pattern as to who gets what elemental lock?

I think it's mostly based on personality?

All the modern games are connected to Ys Chronicles and Napishtim.

Why are there monsters on the road despite the orbal lamps but no monster ever goes into the towns with no anti monster repelling orbments?

Same reason wild animals don't go in towns often. There are still monsters in sewers and abandoned buildings.

Time:
>Joshua, Kevin, Dudley, Arios, Rean, Elise, Altina, Fie, Crow, Sharon
I thought Time would be the edge lock but then you have Dudley, Elise, Altina and Fie with it.

Time stands for a dark past.
Mirrage stands for someone acting different and not giving you all core information about themself.
Fire is hotblooded.
Wind is for nomades and people that travel a lot.
Earth is for down to earth and and calm people.

Anyone else got these added to their coldsteel today? I noticed that my library page now shows all those as DLC and he purchase date is when I bought the game but I haven't seen the packs before.

For gameplay. Story wise, they would avoid going near the lamps.

Altina day.

>Earth is for down to earth and and calm people
But Millium and Josette have earth locks.

Wait to see how the PC port performs before getting VIII there. It works great on PS4 and has more obvious compromises on Vita. But I recommend playing something like Oath in Felghana or Ys Seven before getting to VIII since it modernizes quite a bit and the older games are fun and worth trying.

Calvard getting Water, Wind, and Earth treasures would be insane. I wonder if they'll stick with two for Calvard and leave the last for either the last arc or a game before it which follows Calvard.

Josette is just literal dirt.

High quality scans for Today's dengenki.

imgur.com/a/tXndZ

>Randy piloting a Soldat

Also fishing doesn't seem to be exactly like Ys 8.

Bonding events?

Does someone has that 1 image that shows the strongest character of each game?

Yeah, we found out a little while ago that the bonding event system was definitely in.

It was potentially from this article, or maybe an earlier one, where they laid out the structure of the days a la CS1 etc.

Seems like fishing isn't exactly like Ys 8.

Not even close to what i asked. But shitpost as alwats

Vivi is cute! CUTE!

>Mirrage stands for someone acting different and not giving you all core information about themself.
What's Ries hiding?
>Time stands for a dark past.
Yeah, killing that bear must have been so traumatic for Rean. Motherfucker had it easier than most characters in the series.

Sad Altina is cute. I hope we get a close up of her face the first time she cries.

To be fair, a child almost getting killed by a giant bear like creature and suddenly blacking out and waking up covered in blood and noticing he was the one who hacked the thing away with a simple tool would be pretty traumatic.
It's not as bad as what others went through, but even then, that kind of shit can cause issues.

So hold on. CS3 Takes place how many years after CS2?

She's probably done that a lot back in paradise.

And Becky does indeed talk in Kansaiben.

I love Legrams layout, look and music but all the raving lesbians for Laura are creeping me out.

Soldat sized Berserga when?

Around a year after the epilogue, since the epilogue ended on 3/13, and Sen III seems to start on March/April of the next year.

Since they're pushing back the release, it'll likely work well. They've pushed Firefly Diary's release by 3 weeks or so last year and I had no issue whatsoever with it.

My boy Randy gets a fucking gundam.

Goddammit Jusius shut the fuck up nobles suck.

He just wants to fulfill his duty as a noble.

They changed a hell of a lot for that period of time

Wait I thought it was 2 years after CS2 since Rean needs to graduate first but has like 2 more years after his first year at Thors which ended at the said game.

Thors only had 2 years i think. Second years were already graduating. Also, correct me if i'm wrong but, didn't the epilogue end on the next year after the Civl war was over, in 13th of March?

Ending pic isn't it?

Could be a part of the opening too.

I love how artists agree this is the OTP.

Xseed: Burger voices
Nisa: Burger memes

Goddammit.

She's going to bully him in bed once her specs are upgraded

One of those is way, way better than the other.

You can easily mode the jap voices back in PC releases anyway.
I personally didn't have any issues with the dub, it was decent. There are way worse out there.

Which one is the best game in the series?
Which one is the best to start from?