/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

"the search for better days" edition

>which server is /rog/ playing?

OriginsRO
5x/5x/5x/3x Episode 0.9 pre-trans with updates coming
Guild: Moebros
PM Routver or ask any Moebro for invite, we idle east of Prontera tool dealer.
Classic spawns, check wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Main_Page for info also @whereis [mob name] and @mapmobs [map name]

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/223471-september-13th-ragnarok-restart-maintenance/
wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Headgear_Ingredients
wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Costume_System
youtube.com/watch?v=J65Ym0hDoyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L83GW-8lalM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hayaku, guys!
When was the last time they updated OriginsRO?

end of may

my guild is looking for a low rate renewal server, where should we migrate?

Come to Origins Rocucks

I thought an official oldschool Ragnarok server was released, what happened to that?

Bunch of bots made it impossible for people to play

when will someone end this faggot

They should have something to filter main chat or /ex would work?

/ex just ignores pms as i understand, also it is bugged on most servers to alert you every map change that you have an ignore list (which is annoying and spammy as fuck)

the GMs just need to mute this fuck, he spams #main with his useless verbal diarrhea every single day

Just stop reading main chat like civilized people

They do have a command for it "@part #main" removes main from your viewed channels, hell you can add it to your auto log in commands

the legend lives on

how has this guy not killed himself irl yet?

he's carrying the legacy

>making money
>on a server no one plays

a pretty bad time investment for what you get in return, desu

no one plays RO anymore though

leo's a bigmouth cuck

He said the other day he's venezuelan. Leave him alone, he doesn't even have toilet paper to clean his ass

forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/223471-september-13th-ragnarok-restart-maintenance/

>p2w +10 stat buff for vip and purchasable with silvervine
>the absolute state of re:tard

on the other hand, the population is plummeting as they're finally banning bots. however, the damage is done.

tfw i've been to that trainwreck of a country and this actually makes me feel bad for his poor unwiped ass

New jobs when?

4th jobs?

Judas you are a fucking liar.

>I'm going to come back stronger than ever
>straight back to my browser games

You guys are playing this right? Is it any good?

I like it. The best server I've been in years. Maybe it's because /rog/ is friendly.

come see us in pront

Waiting for you friend

Is this Training Grounds suposed to be so long? Damn, where are the Spores and Rockers? :(

it's not supposed to be long bud, you just talk to the kafra, distribute skill points, talk to the chad, get your free novice gear, learn first aid from the dude above him, talk to 5 more npcs, then back outside for chad again, then north and tell the top guy (after talking to lower guy) you want to start RO immediately

talk to the guy that normally sends you to other novy training fields, in here there are some levels select level 5 and kill hornets and willows till you make it.

I hope you didnt forget to ask for those coupons from the stylist!

I did and I am regretting since then

I'll as soon as I become a Thief! :)

Just made it, thanks!

I didn't, I talked with everyone!

Got you some meme weaps. What are you going to do.

Bampu pantsu!

which RO mob would be the worst to be sexually violated by?

>189194634

Hodes obvs

Who thought Hodes were a good idea?

What's with RO job quests and mushrooms?

Lazy gooks reusing assets and ideas.

this basically

>euro players playing less and less
what did they mean by this?

My only experience with RO is back when I played I Heart RO with a couple friends way back in the day, and the main thing I enjoyed was farming for different hats.

Does this server have an abundance of hats I can farm as well?

see wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Headgear_Ingredients

basically, classic/quest hats only

no cash shop

Yes, there are quests for headgears like always.
There's also a costume system that allows you to use cosmetics over the ugly shit like binoculars.
wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Costume_System

That one isn't Chains though.

Thank you so much!

>tfw too shy to talk to you guys

we don't bite

unless you want us to :>

Daily Dose?

You are not forging correctly.

haven't seen such carnage since 'nam

FUCK

The face of true evil

bampa

Sad

resu

Trans

Which classes are decent at soloing while being useful in groups? Useful while being broke as fuck.
Also how is the current population size in originsRO?

Hunter or Knight.

>login
>see pop below 4k
>lost motivation to keep playing
whens rogue

Bless

HIT ME ON THE GROUND

These are legit players, you should be happy no more bots.
But yeah, RO is dead.

I can't play TalonRO anymore guys, their staff are complete idiots. Their community has a really bad mob mentality and half of them can't type proper English.

Me literally on main chat:
>I'm lagging every 10 seconds
>Main: "it's your isp"
>My friends and I live in the US with 100+mbps
>Main: "I don't lag. I'm pretty sure it's your end"
>people complain about lag in main everyday
>go on forums and see if other people has the same issue
>GM Boreas: "Exactly. The issue is not the server, but the routing to our datacenter. As I said, we cannot fix the internet."
>this gets repeated with all their regulars, just repeating everything GM Boreas says
>mfw the server is #1 because they raise the rates and lower currency exchange it people vote

Go on TalonRO discord and the GMs have no idea how a server or RO files function and giving misinformation to their support section

Why is the #1 RO server so incompetent?

Please be alive.

Bard or Dancer. ~60 players says the website that tells you how many autotraders are there.

Relax guy I'm going to log in soon

Sounds like an efficint business model

*triggered*

Seriously though, I broke so many steels I forgot how many attempts were made. 6? 7?

Talon is #1 because the average RO player has no appreciation for balance whatsoever, so it becomes the "hey party me I've got a sniper mvp/doppel/thanatos/dracula bow[4]" server

false, when the population is

female warpers

Warpportal41
Pront save
Niff 1
Magma
Seals

Wurp
Einbech save
Eddga map
Einbroch
Lutie field

baldieslooklikedolls
Pront save
Goblin leader/Orc Hero
Sphinx
Geffen mistress map

Bluering19
Prontera save
Lutie near Toy factory entrance
Poring Island
Mjollnir's angeling map

_______

male warpers

xXx_SasukeAsura_xXx
Archer Village save
Wolves map 2s payon
Gonryun
Ayothaya

Maccstabby
Sunken Ship save
Pyramids
Alberta near docks
Orc Village near entrance to HOs map

Edgyhairdo1
Aldebaran save
Ant Hell
Mjollnir Mistress
Entrance to Comodo's Anolians

bgemwaster34
Pront save
Amatsu
Comodo near Tao Gunka's cave entrance
Niff 2 near niff town entrance

>renewal OSTs

youtube.com/watch?v=J65Ym0hDoyQ

where did it all go so wrong?

this is the average re:tard player

youtube.com/watch?v=L83GW-8lalM

There are 1k+ players at all time on NovaRO with zero bots

Also don't forget that with their anticheat it fetches 3 different values from your PC every time you login, like harddisk ID, CPUID, MAC. So you're mostly fucked if you get banned unlike IRO Retard.

but then that's not Ragnarok Online

wtf i love nova now

>being a purist RO classic cuck

top jej my dude

>unlike IRO Retard
They just started to IP ban, and I'll bet if you bitch about it ("I'm in a cybercafe" or "I live with 99 brothers who bot but I'm innocent") they'll unban you. WP just don't care, else they would ban hardware and use some phone identificator to make accounts and shit.

>zero bots
good one
There's bots, but not as much as officials because nobody gives a fuck about it
on the other hand, nova went full assblast about the RMT because he isn't getting the money.

By the way, Ragnashield is literally worse than modern gameguard.

it's four values including an unique optional value that combines everything

*slibs in wsock32.dll*
pshhe
nothing bersonell

kinda wonder if you could use packet editing to insert random values at login in the data part of the packet

ahh the good old days when you could use winsock packet editor to spoof flywings

good old days

>being a gook WoW-clone cuck
bottom lyl

you could
you can
ragnashields protection is literally md5 based and it doesn't detect any form of injection or memory editing
and then you take in the fact that it runs on rAthena or whatever the fuck instead of hercules (heracles?) so it literally has no packet protection/obfuscation and nodelay works like a charm
>b-but openkore d-doesn't work on it
literally requires 1 additional 19 length packet to be sent upon login to work
wowza I bet nobody can do that

Wait, a mexican cartel worked lied to me?

>some retard is shilling the unplayable garbage bin that is nobba AGAIN
80 IQ ladies and gentlemen

>but murr hurr why don't people mass openkore on novaRO then hur hurr buttblasted orginsbab
Because:
A) The RMT potential of novaRO is 6 inches deep underground compared to iRO or god forbid pRO (I'm getting 10 dollars per person per month just for autopot + flywing when near death)
B) openkore was meant to be used for very efficient netcode usage and as such isn't held up to renewal's standard of smashing your keyboard
C) there isn't a out of the box "amount of enemies that will get nuked by my 15x15 AoE" check because, again, it's meant for ragnarok, not wow.
D) Average IQ of novaRO player is below 80, meaning they probably can't even open up the github.

Their login doesn't even check for exe's MD5 so you can edit it to your liking and like you said rathena has no safe checks for packet injection or any sort of hardcoded skill usage limits so you can go as spammy my as you want. What a fucking joke.

rathena has packet obfuscation and uses like 3 keys though

>rathena has packet obfuscation and uses like 3 keys though
wow yeah so does iRO
I wonder how well that worked out, oh wait

lel, interesting that you can extract the keys from the packets themselves

Might look into this later

Puri is a faggot

I didn't know Ro could teach some people so much about hacking/coding if you really are that desperate to cheat on a game

i didn't realize we had so many 1337 hax0rs on this general

it's actually pretty cool

RO was the embodiment of a terrible engine on a terrible server, the amount of shit you could do in the first few years was RETARDED
>spawn in items
>put skillpoints into skills you didn't even have/no class could have
>spoof warps and teleport to anywhere you wanted
>butterfly your way out of jail
I mean the major reason why all of this glitching and cheating and cracking and hacking and packet based botting happened was because, and I say again as I think I've said in this very same thread, because of the whole leak of the server and engine source code on day 1.

Think really hard and try to recall on how many packet bots there are in existence.
Need a hint?: Kore is the only one that is composed of 0% reliance on the actual game client/contents