Probably all I'm going to get are meme responses because of all the ottoman shilling here but i just recently realised...

Probably all I'm going to get are meme responses because of all the ottoman shilling here but i just recently realised this and it was somewhat eye opening.

Mozart wrote at least at least two pieces of music influenced by Ottoman Empire at the time.
One is the Turkish March : youtube.com/watch?v=uWYmUZTYE78
Other is Il Seraglio : youtube.com/watch?v=kvefmK6LNwc

It shows how influential the Ottoman Empire was at the time.
I dont like comparing past to today as its never really proper but it was basically like how USA is today. Those pieces of music would be like Hotel California of today except more significant because Mozart has certainly stood the test of time.

Before realising this Ottoman Empire was just another empire that conquered this conquered that lost this battle and fell because of this etc etc...

But there was a time where people lived with that Empire as reality on their doorstep. It must have even looked impressive to them to have composed music influenced by it.

Also I think influencing Mozart to write a timeless piece is way more impressive feat than conquering any city. It requires a kind of power that you cant simply acquire with siege engines and swords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg1ahV552g
youtube.com/watch?v=a00tJMDj8LA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Also I think influencing Mozart to write a timeless piece is way more impressive feat than conquering any city. It requires a kind of power that you cant simply acquire with siege engines and swords.

Wow, what a cuck.
>muh music is more powerful than siege engines and swords

I mean I appreciate music, but it's literally not that important at all.

well ottoman empire is gone but mozarts turkish march still exists so

the effects of Ottoman rule still persist today and have defined the region.

It exists as much as much as Rome and Classical Greece exists for many.

it exists mostly as WE WUZ PASHAS N SHIET
whereas anyone who is slightly cultured knows about mozart

Did you really derive all of this shit because one of the most famous musicians of the time wrote some shit about a place? Are flutes now the hallmark of European culture since he wrote Die Zauberflote? Was the Polish military a super power since Chopin wrote the Polonaise Militaire? Are you fucking retarded?

Yes? Orientalism was beginning to become en vogue already then, see also Goethe's "West–östlicher Divan". The trend continues to develop into the romantic era and is at its "peak" during the late 19th and early 20th century in France as it is muddled with their particular sinophilia.

What's up with all the Mozart threads lately? Were you banned from /mu/ user? Don't come here memeing Memezart.

>the greatest composer of all time is a meme
End yourself you heathen

>the greatest composer of all time
Who ever called Bach a meme? I was talking about Mozart.

Autistic lutherans with surface-level listening skills need not apply

>disregards Bach
>says others have surface-level listening skills
Oh you are a riot, user.

Bach is great, he's just not phenomenal like Mozart was.

And I'm not joking, it really seems a lot of people don't realize exactly how insanely complex his music was, as he was such a complete artist that it becomes as natural as breathing.

the ottomans were one of the first to use military marching band ant their march music (the real one) was really something else. imagine being a soldier in some austrian army annd hearing these come your way

youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg1ahV552g

today people like shitting on the ottoman empire because the butthurt in balkan wars and ww1. i think had the empire ended earlier (18th century maybe) people would appreciate ottoman empire more

>Bach is great, he's just not phenomenal like Mozart was.
That's funny, I would have put it exactly the other way around. People do realize that Mozart was a really great composer, and that his music was also very complex, but Bach was just on a whole other level.

youtube.com/watch?v=a00tJMDj8LA

This one is the best

Bach made great music, Mozart made great art.

And before you ask, yes I do have an extensive background in music.

>Bach made great music, Mozart made great art.
Oh wow, so now you demean Bach to the point of not being art anymore? Fuck off, I'm done with you.

>And before you ask, yes I do have an extensive background in music.
I wouldn't have asked user. It's too easy to lie, and an appeal to authority would favour Bach anyway.

Bach was autistic technicality jockey.

>an appeal to authority would favour Bach anyway.
Why exactly do you think this?

I would say the Ottoman influence in Mozart's music was just that it was something unusual. Some decades later, Vincent van Gogh was very much influenced by japanese art... does it mean that japan was a major world power back them? Don't think so...

what kind of idiotic conclusion is that?

>only two pieces out of literally hundreds were influenced by Turkish culture
so you assumed that
>the Ottoman Empire must have been very influential and powerful at that time

did your little cockroach brain every think that the pieces might have been commissioned or were the product of a slight appreciation for Turkish culture??? Mozart wrote music for fun because it was really really easy for him. Literally anything that he was interested in at any point in time could've inspired a few pieces.

you're a really stupid historian if you come to a conclusion like that with the evidence you presented

triggered

Good. My favorite kind of artist and philosopher.