/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #112

Last Thread: Latest News
>Roaring Rex will be roaming Duel World until September 19th. His drops are pretty shit tho
>a "Duel tower" event is coming soon. More details later
>GX world will be going live late September. This will be the biggest update to Duel Links yet
>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
>new minibox out, doesn't have anything really meta defining

Useful (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

Android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>When sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it gives the most XP
>Using the modded APK to farm will not result in a ban. Konami doesn't give a shit about it.
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks which are both KoG tier. On top of that, it's a minibox so it's easy to clear.
>It is advised not to pass stage 38 unless you want your auto duel win rate to plummet
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

This is the correct thread. Ignore the other one.

Correct thread here

This one is earlier though. This is the right one.

Winning against Vagabond should guarantee a small handful of gems

Technically both are wrong since they were made early

The old thread is at the bump limit though, so this one is the continuation.

You know Koonami can't hand out an abundance of gems willy nilly.

Like 5, give me 5 for winning. Winning to the Vagabond is such a minor increase.

How many player can you add as friends? Wouldn't you be able to get a lot of gems if you have many friends?

Fine, beat the Vagabond and half an hour comes off your card trader timer, or you respawn SDs dependent on the challenge. Just SOMETHING.

Does anyone know when one is able to send the Vagabond to another player? Is it a 50/50 chance?

Is there any info about whether the GX LDs are going to be farmable with the already existing keys?

I realized something that is pretty obvious. I was trying to figure out why it suddenly became a bitch to rank right now and then I noticed the ranks I was going against now. I thought 4pm-10pm pacific time is the best time to play ranked because of the normalfags, but around 9am-2pm is a lot better for ranking. Because there's so many people stuck in the 1 of a metal, the less people in the pool, the more chance you have to face these poor souls since there's less people 2+. Also, you want to face neets because they're probably f2p whereas those that work have their account loaded with Mirror Walls.

I easily ranked up about 1pm GMT. With an f2p deck.

So, is there a good dino deck with the new cards yet, or are dinos still Gold rank shit?

gold rank shit
new cards won't help

Is there any hope for Dinos at all? I am not too familiar with the card game, so I don't know if they'd be able to add anything worthwhile at all.

oh yes. dinos are meta in the tcg right now. hell, a lot of the cards roaring rex is using right now could make dinos meta. they might release a dino or two in the next box since the next box will be earth themed, but we'll see.

I wonder why Konami has such a hard-on for Dragons but neglects almost all other types.

Did anyone have any good loaner decks recently? This one seems pretty coherebt compared to the usual shit.

Remember to report the other thread, which was created after this one.

yes
thread wars are fucking stupid, just go to the first thread and try to get first next time if it really fucking matters to you

I don't understand why the other guy doesn't just delete his thread.

Should I go for a third Heavy Knight of the Flame if I already have 3 TttD, 4 SRH and 2 Phoenix?

>>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
Is that confirmed already?

Got the third one. Now I guess I probably should get two more of the trap? Playing at least one more copy of the field spell might not be the worst idea either. Alternative a version with Yugi's Beatdown-skill and 3x Jurrasic World might also be a possible combo.
Of course I am now also levelling up Rex for that one fucking search card.

Konami will fear the samurai

Wait, you don't need Jurrasic World in your deck to summon it with Destroyersaurus?

Friendly reminder to
CHAZZ IT UP
H
A
Z
Z

I
T

U
P

Excellent taste

Oh, nevermind. I didn't see the skill.

Is GX better than Battle City? Because I've never seen the latter.

No. Season 1 of GX is pretty entertaining and all, but quality wise it isn't as good as the consistently nice duels in Battle City. Too many bad Duelists of the Week and bad comic relief, as well as a very disappointing end to the Shadow Rider arc.

>two thread running at the same time
fucking why

Do Kaiba and co. appear in GX at all?

What other thread?

Mods probably deleted the second thread already

KoG, here I come.

Kaiba appears in minor cameos throughout the series, being the owner of the Academy, and Kaibaman gets his own duel against Jaden in Season 2. Yugi appears at the end of the series to duel Jaden and is also mentioned throughout the series as the King of Games, even giving Jaden his Winged Kuriboh card at the start of the series.

Pegasus drops by for a few episodes here and there, like giving Chumley his job as a card creator or helping pull back the school from the Monster dimension.

Joey is only mentioned in a flashback by Pegasus as the third best duelist he's ever met. Yugi and Kaiba being numbers 1 and 2, respectively.

Everyone else is either unmentioned or I've forgotten about when they were.

Alright, maybe I'll give it a watch.

What is your favourite anti-meta card?

Is there a way to guard against Lava Golem being summoned on your side of the field? (Apart from having only one monster)

Toon Kingdom

Watch the japanese one, the dub ruins the series.

Feels so good cucking phoenixfags and red eyes fags

The only point in watching GX at all is watching the dub.

Just as a note, most people here who like GX a lot watched the dub.

It was in the coming soon news post

Nope, aside from having a card out that prevents tribute summons

>watching the dub
You like shit?

Don't listen to this retard, you aren't going to get any of the memes if you watch the boring sub. The series isn't good enough to be a sub purist

The dub is hilarious. Plus who the fuck wants to read 200 some episodes

GX in general is a mediocre series where most of the episodes are completely forgettable. The dub makes some of those boring fillers interesting.

>red eyes fags
Dudes don't even run effect monsters tho, and if they do they keep a bunch of traps besides it so destroying a a wyvern doesn't matter

Out of the five Destroyersaurus cards I got two were glossy and one prismatic. I am seriously considering building a dino deck because of this. But before that I can finally finish...

...deez nuts! ha! gateem!

Just got my 3rd Destroyersaurus, feels good. Do it, make the dino deck.

...this deck.

Tell me /dlg/, why are you not having run in ranked with a deck you personally made from scratch?

>Half of /dlg/ seems to have full set of World and Destroyersaurus already
>Only SR I've gotten so far is Hunting Instinct, and most of my Rex spawns have been level 30

>tfw Rex didn't drop ONE(1) Destroyersaurus for me yet
Just my luck

I got the 3 Destroyers today. Just be sure to play more, in case you are not.

He'll find his way to KoG someday!

I don't know why you want it so bad but I hope you do it someday compass-chan

>special summon meta currently with people summoning atleast 2-3 monsters by turn 4
>combo it with gilford the lightning and double summon
Make this meme happen user

I just got my first Destroyersaurus, i usually try to get 8000 points, but this time i was frustrated and only got 3000 points
I already got every other drop 3-6 times, but without another two destroyer i cant do anything

but I am

I do. I'm likely going to replace the Torpedo fish for a some Starboy's or something. It's a dead draw most of the time and if there's something on the field that needs to get taken down by it, chances are it's already killed my Orca.

Starboy will give my monsters some needed boosts to brute force stuff like Red Eyes while being a much better special summon for Hammerhead as well.

TOUGH TIMES
O
U
G
H

T
I
M
E
S

HARD
CLIMBS

I already do, got 100 ranked wins just today using my OC deck.

I'm working on it. I really want to use my boy here so I'm trying to work a bunch of fusion and dragon support stuff together. Getting some stuff from Wonders of the Sky right now.

Do girls play Duel Links?

WE'LL TAKE THEM ON TOGETHER

>Do girls play Duel Links?
No

>Do girls play Duel Links?
Tumblr girls do

I do, want to chat?

not atm
wanna teach me?

>do girls play games that aren't mindless timesinks like candy crush
The answer is always no

I saw one playing at uni, as a bonus she seemed pretty normal. But her deck was over 20 cards so I guess she was retarded too

>Duel Links isn't a mindless timesink
I'm being tricked

You have to actually know how to play the game for it to become a mindless time sink. You can't just download the app and play

I can be a girl if you want

I love machines, and I've always wanted to make a Mecha Phantom Beast deck. I know I'd need at least two Hamstrats tho and I'm not willing to make the investment. They'd only be offensively viable with Gravity Blaster and the effect negation seems redundant. I'm thinking it'd work well with tributes, mayyybe Barrel Dragon. Tokens could be well protected with Windstorm.

Blowback Dragon when?

Barrel Dragon works great with champions vigilance

fuck you piece of shit omfg im 5 cards away I hate you so much

Give me friend codes. I'll send you red.

>he doesn't own a physical copy of his favorite card
What's your excuse? Also, post you favorite

just started this game recently and I'm getting anally raped online cause the AI is too easy. what packs should I open? I started to buy Dawn of Destiny but I feel like I should have dragons for peek performance.

DoD will give you a pvp ready deck fairly quickly.

>open enough DoD packs
>make Naturia deck
>????
>profit

How often do they add those temporary quiz/longer decks? Just finished duel school and now I don't have as quick a flow of gems.

thanks for the advice

one more card boys

I have 3 copy's

>white cards
OUT OUT OUT

>white cards
I too enjoy the superior color

don the dress and bend over boi

No, the white ones are fine. It's those damn coon cards that need to fuck off.