/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 13th of September:
1843 – The Greek Army rebels (OS date: September 3) against the autocratic rule of king Otto of Greece, demanding the granting of a constitution.
1847 – Mexican–American War: Six teenage military cadets known as Niños Héroes die defending Chapultepec Castle in the Battle of Chapultepec. American troops under General Winfield Scott capture Mexico City in the Mexican–American War.
1850 – First ascent of Piz Bernina, the highest summit of the eastern Alps.
1882 – Anglo-Egyptian War: The Battle of Tel el-Kebir is fought.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 11/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043472
EU4 DD 12/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043646

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes 0.033
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-G9d6-DwFY
youtube.com/watch?v=hwflY16_YtU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

w&b

hello based gee junk

see

white people

Weiss und Basiert

>black death arrives
>son gets sick
>realize I don't have a court physician
>local hospital is "Don't Dead, Open Inside" tier
>have to scavenge for medical talent within my castle walls
>mfw

Victoria 3 when

Playing WTWSMS. Grabbed a random count in England. It's ridiculous how fast I'm expanding, I'm going to form the kingdom of England soon if I keep up that pace, on my first char, that was already 30 when I started.
As an aside, what do I do with all the gold? I've got like 3000 gold from raiding, conquering and pillaging/torching holdings.

la plata men

Nice pasta

This was a fucking disastrous war that we just barely won

Sounds fun

In viccy my pop growth is stuck at 127, what's the deal with that?

Small country

Could someone post the link to the Discord?

You are a meme
Blobbing like crazy I see? The entire point of england is that it was so incredibly localised in the first place. How about blobbing abd breaking the saxon invasion?
Also blobbing in ck2 is not hard, don't think you are good.
RESTART AND STOP BLOBING
About the gold,retinue and buildings

Go fuck yourself

I could

No fuck you asshole
You could go fuck yourself

It's roleplaying, my character has the ambition to unify the Angles in England. :^)

Upgrade shit in your capitol county. Also take the other counties in your capitol duchy. You get benefits for owning them, but you get the most benefit from your capital county.

Hi guise i blob as england next ill go ulm hehr

Wait are you a fuckin pagan? kys snowfucker. Get out of england

hmmm what

Build hospitals, seriously just spam that shit everywhere and upgrade it to the max
By everywhere I mean soithern coast where it can spread from europe

Edgy

Yeah and how did you gather your army huh? Cheating?

i just took a big fat steamy shit, but there was no sign of it on the tp. only 2 wipes to be sure and that was it. feels fucking good man.

also pls fix hpm

You are shit at this game, go back
Why didn't you relese all of it?.

Yes

>black death arrives
>son gets sick
>mfw

white men

I'm going to make all of England a Germanic Angle land and you can't stop me.

I had a nice little stack of event troops when I started, go figure. They're all dead now.

Good idea.

Google it, it's not pasta
>cheating

Is this the ideal partition of Italy?

to get gold, retinue and buildings you need to blob you cancerous tumblr cunt

No Snowniggers allowed in England.
Convert or GTFO

>black death arrives
>I die

Hmm.

I don't wanna.
With how the holy sites are arranged in WTWSMS, I'm hoping a mainland pagan will manage to reform.

I'm the USA

So this is the power... of MP...

cute boy dude

Hey vicky 2 map user can you post a link to your mod?

no sorry. I still have more work to do before I'm ready to release it, mostly fixing the coasts

You motherfuckers had better post that fucking link to the Discord..

What did he mean by this?

What did they intend to convey by this post?

what doth post?

Who should I play in unbased HPM and go disgustingly gross with?

How do I annex the entirety of Canada early game as the United States? I forgot how

Just post the link!

HPM removed that a while back, dumbass.

I don't play meme mods, I play my own mod or vanilla.

No, take back the island from frog
Also malta

>the Discord

Um sweaty that's a girl
Poland
You don't

>that feel when South America is a perfect mirror of Tordesillas IRL

Which Discord do you even mean?

bitly/1e1EYJv

Based. Fuck hpmtards

w&b

uh no it's a boy

G&T, I can see the point of trying to prevent enlightenment from spawning in Asia (although I honestly think it could've in China or Japan depending on the circumstances, and I think it would be more realistic to just have the chances skew in favor of Europe while making it possible for a highly-advanced Asian nation with Meritocracy to achieve it), but I really don't get the idea behind preventing Manufactories. Historically the Bengal was almost as proto-industrially developed as Britain was in 1780, and there was the possibility that they would've developed a type of industrialized system on their own. With the huge manpower reserves of the east, the only thing that would've prevented them from doing so was European-style capitalism.

I think the chances should again be skewed slightly in Europe's favor, but so long as an Asian nation has Banking, a highly developed city, and technology on a certain level, I think manufactories should be spawnable there.

On the subject of smallpox I approve of limiting the spam, but I also think you've nerfed it into pointlessness. I think it should fire as rarely as you suggest, but that when it does fire it virtually annihilates the local population--increase the pop reduction from 200 to 3,000 and keep the current MTTH, so if it does fire the natives are pretty much eliminated in that province, and that'll affect its usefulness going forward.

I also think the university changes are going to be OP. A large colonial power like Spain or Britain will be able to chain universities once they get funds rolling, which could allow them to be as much as 30 years ahead-of-time in tech; it's already too easy to get 20 years ahead in MEIOU, and it doesn't need to be any easier. I think a better change would focus on upgraded universities, with the second level providing .5% tech reduction and a world-renowned university providing 1%. Port levels and colonial range is similar.

>>>>>>>>>>>minsk republic

Sup!

Is it possible to get an event to annex Transvaal and Oranje as a boer-accepting Netherlands? Like is there an union tag or something?

I don't want to outright conquer them, but they have juicy territories, and speak the same kind of weird language as my subject, so...

Does Rhodesia actually have any flavor in this mod?

>Sup!
>reddit spacing

got some old mp screenshots here

This is bait right?

Oh no, making the text slightly more readable is surely gonna bring doom on LE gsg forum XD

Soon memes are gonna flood this dank thread, am I right :DDD

Was it autism

What's wrong with the Minsk republic? It's a client state republic of the Revolution with its capital in Minsk.

For the Institutions part of your post, this is exactly what I intend to do. I really dislike railroading so I'll never create something that concretely favors historical accuracy without a chance to change it if you're playing well enough. This is the initial change of the institutions to re-order the messy mod that the Brave New World institution submod was and more will follow. If you mouseover them you'll see that even Casual Literacy's requirement for Protestant/Reformed has been de-railroaded to allow for Muslims or Orthodox/Catholics to have it spawn as well in case they're highly educated and low on piety plus have a completed Innovative idea. The other 4 institutions around it have 0 railroading and are only based on "you can spawn it if you are not 5/10/15 tech levels behind the most developed country", which is intended to prevent a spawn in Asia but doesn't make it impossible as you're proposing. Further, if you manage to spawn the first of them that requires no tech level lag you can basically slingshot Asia into being the most developed region in the world as those institutions will become unspawnable in Europe due to tech lag. It's not impossible, but its very hard. I will make further changes in the future to make it more possible if it's far too hard right now. Again, this is just the initial institution change.

For the smallpox, I changed it because colonies become unprofitable otherwise. You actually need the natives for North America else you'll end up with a 5-6 ducats income from there, which is retarded when Cuba for an example is 30 ducats from trade and 30 from tariffs. I am waiting for base M&T to introduce the better colonial mechanics (which is supposedly "soon"), and I will balance those instead

And for the university/port changes, I need further feedback from end game campaigns. I think that 1.5% for a level 3 university isn't an issue to be honest, especially stacking it in 1700 when tech doesn't matter

>black death arrives
>son gets sick
>mfw

Are there any Grand Strategy related animes?
Watching Haruhi right now desu lads

Listean, you have reddit we have this place, now go back. I promise I won't go there.

I'll try doing a campaign soon, although I've got a lot on my plate so I may not be able to get to the end. Might just run an observe overnight to see how everything goes with the university bonuses, at least.

Haruhi is so trash after the first season

I'm only a couple of episodes in though

Naruto has a map in it

No, you can't. Try asking HPM about it.

Haruhi is one of my favorite anime, just make sure to only watch the first, second-to-last, and last of the endless eight in season 2, it's a real fucking pain in the ass if you watch more than that. And make sure to watch the movie after everything else, the movie is one of the best put-together movies I've ever seen.

I've never watched it personally but LoGH is apparently real /gsg/ shit.

>Might just run an observe overnight to see how everything goes with the university bonuses, at least
That would actually be a very good thing to do, especially if you're going to post the save here after that for feedback. I ran 2 observer games already to iron out how the AI picks ideas but I need more, way more than I can single-handedly run.

And also has a "balance of power" between the factions.

Oh, and Sengoku Basara. It's about the Warring States period in Japan.

Yeah I tought about watching LoGH but it's long as fuck
Like my benis jk I'm a dicklet hahaha :(
I'll probably watch it when I'm done with Haruhi

Sorry, I want to make this place homofag too :DD.

I love super secret clibz.

What are you gonna do about it XD ?

> the english are one of the most loved tourists in Europe

I don't remember you desu

Alright, thanks for the info.

Also, Sengoku Rance is a very good Grand Strategy game set in the Warring States period in Japan.

>Sengoku Basara
But that's for women.

Man, CK2+ is ridiculous.
>Abbasid Empire collapses
>Coptic Egyptian empire forms
>Carolingian Empire collapses
>Byzantine Empire collapses
>Abbasids form their empire again after killing Egypt, who in turn, guess what, collapse
>Abbasid Empire #2 collapses

It's literally blobbing simulator.

>Just Bee Yourself! poster

That actually made me sad for some reason, and I can't quite explain why. Maybe it's because the bee is so happy.

youtube.com/watch?v=W-G9d6-DwFY

>be me
>play as Carlist Spain
>managed to get central america and DR
>decide to take over mexico
>get republican revolts
>have several of the troops in mexico
>decide to mobilize and raise more troops in the peninsula
>rebels managed to take over madrid, but raised enough troops
>take care of rebels and start restoring order in the capital
>siege's nearly finished
>rebels end up getting their demands and turn spain into a shitty republic

I can't really think of any, but have it's more of a Veeky Forums thing, even though it's still strategy - Sangatsu no Raion. Great mix of professional shogi and dealing with the issues that being a person brings.

Muv Luv as a series is pretty grand strategy.

youtube.com/watch?v=hwflY16_YtU

And of course there is the famous Legend of Galactic Heroes.