docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

sure. place? pass? soul level?

>21 casts of nothing
>red shit on the floor
??

I superman fly-away a weapon art?

You can get Awestones from killing bosses, and certain "tough" enemies, on top of just killing NPC invaders.

Anywhere from 20 to 35 with +2 to +3 gets you decent activity. I tend to err on SL25-30 because going too high means you're stuck with players who went through Carthus first before realizing they needed the Small Doll, and there aren't very many of those.

>tfw you play Dork Souls exclusively on the Xbox
>tfw everyone else is on PS4 or PC
I feel weirdly alone.

What's a good spear for a faith build that isn't bident?

I like the look of Lothric long spear

30/ +3 in my experience

Swordspear has semi non-shit Faith scaling, but it's generally a Dex weapon regardless.

Dark Bident?

Ringed Knight Spear. Buffed up has beautiful range on it, and with WAHA you can BTFO alot of people who think they can "Stunlock" you with their GS. Also delay the third hit of WA, it has nice tendency to roll catch.

Why would you not use the Bident? Are you one of those "can't use the best one, it's too try hard" fags?

E3 2018
Playstation Conference
Someone from Namco Bandai comes out on stage
They announce 'Dark Souls Remastered'

Entirely built from the ground up
Everything is the same but the graphics are better, frame rate is a smooth 30fps even in Blighttown
Frame pacing fixed
DLC included obviously
Netcode modernized
However they say they're adding one thing..

What is the one thing you would like to see added in a remastered Dark Souls? The ability to respec? Dual wielding? An area or a boss from one of the later games?

sunlight

>making a new build
>have to play through the game again
>countless deaths no matter how safe or reckless I play
>first time I've ever stopped playing a game out of annoyance
Guess I'll just stick with the one build I've always used. Or I'll finally beat DaS2 or one of the other three games on my backlog.

Lothric Knight long Spear. It gets A faith scaling when infused and buffs your poise.

>hate the achievement grinding
>still feel like I have to do it
At least Master of Miracles is done, holy shit. Then again, the pure memestone grind in Demon's was the absolute worst thing ever because it felt like they forgot to make a drop for pure bladestone in the first place.

>Ringed Knight Spear
>Faith

>E3 2018
>Not TGS That's literally a week away
>NOT PSX That's almost 2 and fortnight away.

>What is the one thing you would like to see added in a remastered Dark Souls?
Remastered Demon's Souls PS4 Exclusive

I wish combat was actually fun.

>no fixed Izalith
Some brains in the director's head. If that's a given or more likely, unattainable, I want them to add every single piece of equipment from ds2/3 with their movesets from the game of origin, including WAs. If we can't have all this, just WAs

I love it but the only thing it gets out of faith is the falling bolt. Unless I did some kind of dex/faith hybrid it doesn't worth
Does it have faith scaling? It's cool as shit but won't the damage be trash at base str/dex?
Cuz I'm a bolt-chucking knight and bident looks silly unless I'm playing a cleric wearing pretty robes and shit
>He's not wrong you know
Yeah that's what I might go with. With that I'll have lightning LKS, Mace, Claymore, Lothric spear, and blessed Lothric GS (2H) to play with

Reposting for potential other good ideas, though got two good ones last thread: Give me some good ideas for a new DaS1 on PS3 run. Builds, challenges, whatever.

Weapon Arts

So, do you think Lorian and Lothric knew their mom was Gywnevere? And how did Oceiros manage to turn himself into an almost Seath based on his books alone?

fisting

I fucked up Sorry.
I guess you can try Lightning War Banner, or Sharp 14/20 Drang Twinspear buffed with DMB.

first off, go fuck yourself because this fantasy is literally impossible and hilariously insane

second
>What is the one thing you would like to see added in a remastered Dark Souls?
A demo (playable or cutscenes) of Armored Core 6.

Dragon worship is a helluva drug.

I'm here my dude, hanging around the elevator

Yorshka's

Fist weapons suck in 1.

pick only 1 stat and level nothing else except it

Does the extra critical damage of LKS count if it's infused?

Thanks m8, favorite area in the game but it's so early. Gotta figure out a fun low level build without being a tryhard.

Poison and Whip only build.

>one thing
I'll list a few ideas off the top of my head, but probably the first one. This is also assuming that they've gone back and fleshed out the things that were cut/rushed.
More DaS2 styled poise so that being hit will reduce your movement speed so you can't just lmaopoisestab someone.
Chalice dungeons. Dungeon crawling, in a slow paced game like DaS1 sounds super fun.
The removal of fire; chaos; and lightning upgrade paths. Make it so people actually have to invest in their offensive stats to get more damage. This also helps nerf twinks a bit.
Make pyromancy scale off of Resistance. That'll give the stat a use.
Make a lot of bad weapons better, even if it's just stat requirements. Looking at you,
Greatswords of Artorias.
Change spawn points of invaders so they don't have a chance of being stuck in an unwinnable situation from the outset.
Gravelord in NG.
Unparriable ultras.
Stronger Caestus This is pure bias.
I like punching.
Overall, just a lot of balance changes.
More importantly, what would YOU want to see added?

It looks fine as long as you rock the fashion to match
>books alone
There is a sunlight altar in Lothric, they breed dragons and most importantly, there is a dead Drakeblood behind Oceiros. They knew about ADP and the PotD
Just infuse any spear, lmao
the wa looks rad as fuck, it it any good?

Oh christ. Maybe. Would either be str or end.
Hm could resurrect my Indiana Jones build from the Xbox days.

Vig>dex>end>str>everything else>>luck

Gwynevere married some flamer called Flann and presumably took off with/to him after the gods left Anor Londo, according to DaS1. Did 3 give anything more concrete? Been a while since I had a full runthrough.

"B-team" basically means "not Miyazaki".

demons souls remaster
8d rolling

Some items mention a "Goddess of Fertility" came to Lothric and made it prosperous. Combine that with Lorian and Lothrics size and pale completions, its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Maybe Gwynevere really got around, I could see that.

i want to give ceaseless his ring back :(

tfw no bee themed pyromancy/spell/miracle

>8d rolling
>misread that as d8 rolling
I tried setting up a Souls-esque system before. Friends wanted to try it out well before it was finished. It was pretty imbalanced but still fun.

Gnaw? That's as close as you'll get.

which is why it's such a meme because miyazaki isn't the only person making the games

Pretty much the only direct connection is that the Divine Blessing in DaS3 says the Queen of Lothric was a goddess of fertility and bounty, the same exact words used to describe Gwynevere in DaS1. That, plus other lore pieces saying that Oceiros wanted to use the power of his royal blood for a higher purpose, and Lothric being destined to become a Lord of Cinder, is meant to seal the deal.

Presumably, Flame God Flann died for some reason or other, possibly to the cycles of Abyss over the centuries/millennia.

help decide 4th ring slot on a faithfag
>sun's first born
>mornes
>+3 favor
>????

Clutch obviously in pve, but otherwise I dunno. Life? Chloranthy?

>tfw no bee themed pyromancy/spell/miracle

Some of the cloud type spells have bee sounds, sort of.

Sage's unless you somehow have 40-50 Dex.

Don't forget that the Dancer might be a descendant of Gywnevere as well.

pchain, duh

sage ring

>They knew about ADP
Then why doesn't Oceiros i-frame through my attacks?

Of course it's a meme, perhaps taken too far when tables like that have to b created.

Who's responsible for this meme? I first heard of it on Matthewmathosis' ultrasalty DS2 review video.

>b-created
>triggered
this is a better table anyway

Doesn't he have iframes when flies? A lot of enemies do

Rosaria might be a reincarnation of Gwynevere as well.

Pretty sure Flann drowned together with Heide, where flame was explicitly worshipped. That would also explain the Ornstein there.

DeS
>dying in human form cuts your health in half
>you can invade or co-op to regain your humanity
>can only invade or be summoned when in soul form
>can only be invaded when in human form

DS1
>only significant benefit of human form is being able to summon others
>can regain human form only by using a soft humanity at a bonfire
>soft humanity can be collected in a number of ways, e.g. killing a boss, invading, defeating an invader
>can be summoned both while hollow and human
>can only invade while in human form

DS2
>each death furthers your hollowing, cutting your max health by a certain %
>can regain humanity either by using an effigy or by being summoned
>can be summoned both while hollow and human
>can only invade while in human form

Which system is best? Which is the ideal system? I don't know anything about DS3 or Bloodborne, sorry.

Not that I'm against eternal, barefooted, big titty waifus but when has reincarnation ever been a thing?

Matthewmemetosis basically started it. People did credits comparisons and assumed that because a lot of ACV/ACVD producers were on with DS2 that the company had two "teams"

when in reality they tend to shuffle positions constantly, and the reason DS2 had a lot of AC people was because they were stretched thin enough that old school usually silent or uncredited producers/executives were actually back to working on the games

The b-team falls apart if you look back more than a few years

So, what was Seath's obsession with making daughters? Are there any half dragon dudes out there?

DeS

I like the DS2 system, but that's just me.

So I'm moseying along the Forest of Fallen Giants in my first DS2 run and some big fuck just got airdropped in and started wailing on me. Hope this doesn't become a trend.

>people summoning three phantoms for the spear of the church fight
Holy shit, the menes were real

Lost Sinner
Duke's Dear Freja
Siegward
Hodrick

Presumably Shira.

Meme magic has its moments.

I agree but I'm a dumbass so I forgot some of the main differences when I typed up DeS
>can always invade by using your trusty black crystal

DaS
>invading requires either the red orb, which can be reused, or a cracked red orb, which is destroyed upon use
>need to join Darkwraith covenant to either get the red orb or to buy cracked ones
>certain covenants provide alternative ways to invade without using red orbs, though

DS2
>similar to DS1, but there is no red orb anymore
>arena PVP is a consistent way to get more cracked red orbs, however

Out of these, I really prefer the DeS system. I think it makes invasions more like a means to an end than in the other games, since you'll want that extra health most of the time.

Best system is probably DS2. It leads to the most activity.

DS3 is the worst of both worlds. You can't be invaded while hollow, and you can use embers whenever, so it has the least lone host invasion activity. No hosts are able to be invaded unless they have deliberately made themselves vulnerable immediately before a boss, meaning they are deliberately asking for invaders and prepared for it, and can run at any point.

Ideal system would be:
>Health slowly depeletes with each death
>Burn humanity at a bonfire to reset it
>can be invaded at any time, but the more human you are, the more likely you are to be invaded
>cannot invade unless fully human
>cannot ask for co-op unless fully human
>can put down co-op signs at any time
>password summoning enabled, but disables invasions (except if they use the same password). You cannot change your password until all phantoms have gone home, so password phantoms can never fight random invaders
>5 minute cooldown (after they leave) for summoning the same phantom twice unless they share a password
>5 minute cooldown between invasions
>can burn humanity at a bonfire to disable invasions for 30 minutes

this forces players to actually go through the level human, provides incentive for them to put their sign down if they run out of humanity, allows for the maximum amount of online activity, and allows players to summon password friends for co-op without letting them create gank squads, and gives them an invasion disable option in the form of humanity burning.

Ultimately I'd like a hybrid of DaS2 and DaS3, where you have full access to PvP from the get-go (maybe even add Red Sign to an earlier part of the game), invasions can happen regardless of humanity and boss status, you can be summoned/can invade regardless of humanity status, and you get a humanity item upon victory in PvP.

And also give us a Curse status effect that's separate from Petrification, which can be used in infusions and scales with Luck, you can use it to inflict 10% max health reduction on players per proc, and can only carry one Purging Stone with you at a time.

oh shit yeah how did i forget
now I want mensis cage in ds3 to RP as nicholas cage

It's pretty cool in some ways. I like the way that your health is cut each time you die. It makes dying while hollow have more consequences than just dropping your souls. Oh yeah, and you can be invaded while hollow in DS2, although it's quite rare. That was cool.

You can also remove the Effigy that gets burned at a Bonfire every time you kill the local boss, so it's irrelevant whether the boss is dead or alive. I've gotten invaded at the King's Gate before after getting the ending.

Don't much like this one, if a guy is down on his luck he should have the opportunity to invade and murder another guy for a chance at humanity.

>password summoning enabled, but disables invasions (except if they use the same password). You cannot change your password until all phantoms have gone home, so password phantoms can never fight random invaders
They could instead just make downscaled phantoms equal to or weaker in strength than the host, just being password-summoned is a major advantage in and of itself so it should be handicapped by being significantly weaker. Even include shit like cutting Attunement slots and disabling spells that the phantom would otherwise be unable to use with downscaled casting stats.

Plus more shit like:
>disconnecting as a host will put that character on PvP cooldown for 30 minutes, while forfeiting any active humanity status and any souls they were holding on to
>summoning a white phantom forces the host to stand still and lock into an animation until the phantom comes in, while temporarily reducing their Estus count by one for as long as the phantom is present

Alright, /dsg/. Last thing I need for this build is the Demon Prince's flame curved sword thing. Problem is, my build is fire / lightning based, so I'm going to be doing shit for damage. Only phys weapon I have is the Storm Ruler so I supposed I'll upgrade and use it. I need a strong Black Knight or two to aid me on this final errand.

PC
I'll be at the bonfire, password dsg.
Thanks in advance.

Hodrick?

I can bring a Gnaw slut to provide the succ.

Coming friend, just give me a second

Well, this is a surprise. I don't get many visitors, except for ghosts.

After he dies in your world due to Greatwood, you can still fight him one more time as part of Sirris's questline.

maybe someone can use cracked red eye orbs at any time, but must be human to use regular red eye orb

DeS had the best combination of mechanics, story and incentives, only it was not ideal for dedicated online players as you had to kill yourself every time.

DaS improved the multiplayer for those dedicated players, but made invasions too hard to do. To invade, your build needs to be strong enough to beat a Lord Soul level boss. Basically every low level invader has to be a twink at some point. Co-op only had improvements in comparison. The disadvantages of being hollow aren't clear enough for the player. How would you know you're going to miss events if you're not human?

DaS2 continued improving co-op, but basically killed the invasion culture, there's very little reason to invade. The human/hollow status wasn't something I paid a lot of attention to in DaS2, as you can be invaded even when you're hollow. The HP loss is very minor, being a green zombie bothered me more.

Dark Souls 3's version works pretty much like DeS except with slight variations
>upon death your health is 70% of normal
>killing a boss or using an item will get your max health back
>you can be in human form to co-op and invade but the game will treat you as if you were in phantom form i.e your Estus is halved and you only have 70% of your hp max.

And in DeS you can use items to restore your body as well. Personally I like the DS3 system, it's DeS system except not stupid.

What's your reasoning for the

I'd prefer if each invasion was "free" in the sense that you don't have to spend an orb, but instead to compensate you are free to invade anytime even while hollow although this may put you at a small disadvantage due to the loss of max health.

>only phys weapon I have is Storm Ruler

how

Nah, that's just time being convoluted.

>Don't much like this one, if a guy is down on his luck he should have the opportunity to invade and murder another guy for a chance at humanity.

>What's your reasoning for the

It filters out shitters who are trying to invade just to go human again. If you need to go human, do a round of co-op. Then you can invade all you want. I should also mention that small white sign soapstone should return for that reason, as a guaranteed form of humanity as long as you don't die / get sent home.

>They could instead just make downscaled phantoms equal to or weaker in strength than the host,
The main problem with password summoning isn't the downscaling, it's that they're usually people who are organizing gank squads. Random phantoms want to go to the boss, but your friends (password phantoms) will just hang around and gank reds all day long.

>disconnecting as a host will put that character on PvP cooldown for 30 minutes,
This is already in most of the games. That's what the Bone of Order and Way of White circlet are for. You get put on a suspension if you unplug or disconnect more than X number of times per hour. The penalty should be much steeper though, a single disconnect should disable them from invading or being summoned (but still allow them to summon others for help).

> while forfeiting any active humanity status and any souls they were holding on to
Nah. Disconnecting accidentally happens, you shouldn't force players to lose progress because of it. Put them on an offline timer, don't punish their online connection with offline penalties.

>summoning a white phantom forces the host to stand still and lock into an animation
I like this.

>while temporarily reducing their Estus count by one for as long as the phantom is present
This is dumb, though I wouldn't mind the phantom and host sharing the same estus pool.

If I have 40 Dex on a Quality/Int build and only using Sorceries as a supplementary damage source (40 Int with a Heretic's Staff), is the Sage Ring more or less irrelevant?

I think vdex for casting speed caps at 45 dex

So, /dsg/, at SL 76 I've only really focused on STR and DEX, using heavy swords and shields because I sorta like killing shit fast, but lately I've been getting my shit rekt and I'd like to branch out a little. Question is, what should I invest in? Should I go full INT and magic, full FAI and miracles or a mix and learn black pyromancies from Karlafu?

Vigor so you can actually survive hits.