/ggg/- Guilty Gear General

I want to feel Elphelt Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LTFY_A8nLoM&t=1s
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/LSkTy4PLi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Delete this picture. Elphelt is not a slut

>interested in a character someone else in the ECPC room plays all the time
>don't want to steal their shtick as the ____-user

I'm really really in love with Faust

boobeh

JUST PLAY THE FUCKING CHARACTER HOLY SHIT WHO CARES WHAT SOME PEOPLE ON VEE GEE WILL THINK
JUST FUCKING PLAY
DONT LIMIT YOUR FUN TO AN ONLINE PERSONA
PLAY GOD DAMMIT

Nigga just play the character. We got like 3 guys that play Potemkin, 3 that play Sol, 2 that play Axl, etc.

Thats just retarded

Calm down user

No one in the room is going to give a shit. There are a bunch that play the same characters as others in the usual room and we just call them by their steam name.

Everyone plays Jam. It's fine.

It's not like they're all loyal to that one character.

its ok to play leo

Ave, true to Badguy

I'm really really in love with Jack-O'

Massive slut

first off, don't talk about my wife
second, don't post inappropriate pictures of my wife because i'll have to fap

gnite /ggg/ keep it alive and play for fun

shut it DWEEB

May is actually the biggest slut.

Yes.

this honestly

I love Elphelt!

Do it. Jam mirrors are fun.

Elphelt is a slut! A slut!

Elphelt is not a slut! No no! She's the kindest, most loving wife material available!

The only thing Elphelt loves is giant cocks.

control space with hcl (tk hcl hits a little lower), 2s, and tk note (you can also do air note from a hover dash)
hcl can nullify projectiles and is + on block though it whiffs crouchers
stbt low profiles a lot of stuff and is also +0/3
learn oki, each knockdown is different
aa with 5P, j.P, 6P, VCL, 6H, airthrow; depending on the situation

Do you ever AA with her command grab?

>Jam mirrors
>anime_girl_puking.jpg

never messed with it after the hurtbox buff but i think it's too slow, it's better during resets but not as a traditional antiair. maybe they use it now but i never saw it immediately after the buff

Going deaf only hurts a little. Grow a pair, user.

>jack o's feet
>not ram's

Why does her left foot have a butt on it

WACHOOOOOO

>youtube.com/watch?v=LTFY_A8nLoM&t=1s
>imagine if she was still voiced by Manami Komori with Faust's helium being a thing
I actually like Rei Matsuzaki's performance better, but still.

Nigga I spent the first 50 hours of #Reload doing Ky Mirrors with the guys who got me into the game, and I'm pretty convinced at least half the people in the lobby have a pocket Sol or Ky, if not both. Just fucking do it bitch.
Which character?

How did you know I was talking about Jam?

Because this chick is dynamite.

Not that guy but Jam is the most picked female character in this general. Guessing it was Jam is a pretty safe bet

If you're going to go for Jam, be sure to pick a color that isn't green or red. We still need a pink, yellow, blue, and white to make the Jam sentai force.

She feels like the most played female in general, no clue why

The US East Coast PC room is now open. I'll try to keep it open until 10 or 10:30PM.
Room ID: el7d
The l is an L

What does Sol say when he YRCs?

Any rooms open for console?

>one whole week without Guilty Gear because no stick
>keep checking my order's status every 4 minutes
>awaiting tracking information
AAAAAAAAAAAA ship my stick already. I just want it to arrive in time to get myself destroyed for the weekly beginner tournament

That reminds me. Sign ups are ready for this weeks tourney.
>challonge.com/tournaments/signup/LSkTy4PLi0

man i need music while i play so bad or i get super fucking mad while im playing

This is for PC right? Are there tourney's for console as well?

This one is for PC, yes. I'm not aware of any console tourneys, but I'm pretty sure they exist. These are being hosted by the GG Discord.

PSN discord tourneys are rip since dead there too

Please, post more Jack-O's ass!

sniiiiiiiiiff

Any way to crack this game and play online? I'm pretty sure that my region is completely dead and i just wanna play against one friend. I've already downloaded a repack with the rev 2.0 version.

there was a revolt steamworks exe for rev1, but i haven't seen anything for rev2

ggs to the people I played, sorry for the lag
i hope my day 1 i-no wasn't too bad, she seems fun so far, I need to learn her actual combos so it doesn't feel like a waste when I finally get close

forever eu hours

Female unga

is baiken good for beniggers?

GGs to everyone in the EC room. The MAY-ga was REAL.

What did she mean by this?

Play who you want. It's more about the effort you put into learning a character more than whether it was designed to be easy to pick up.

I settled on Baiken as a first character myself after trying out the entire cast because her playstyle just felt right to me. I didn't know shit about tiers or GG when I did it a few months ago.

The ECPC room is now closed for the night. Thanks for stopping by everyone. Good to see you again, Axl-user. It's been a while. ggs to Jack-O' user, I feel that I learned a bit more about that match up as Jam tonight. Also good luck with I-No, ego. She's scary as Hell when you get good with her.

I like how you're just referring to me buy name at this point because I switch so often

ya ggs, wanted to try my pote out some, but its not quite ready for real match ups, have to stick with the king of the junga

It's okay I had character ADHD too.

she can only 1 hand her 2 handed weapons

One day I will play not unga, not today though.

what did you do to make it go away? I know you had it until recently

I found way to get decent free 1 hour internet, anyone in US PSN want to spar online? The lag might be bad, like 5-8 frames. I'm somewhat of a beginner.

I kept announcing who I was playing here and pretty much got other anons to forcefully remind me that I'm slipping into character change habits. There was one series of really frustrating matches, where I kept thinking I could do better if I switched, but once that subsided I began to look at my own game play much more carefully, and things got easier to notice and correct because of it.

Kind of a brute force method of breaking a habit, but it worked.

I wish I had that sort of positive reinforcement
I keep narrowing down who I want to play more and more every day, but it's still difficult
I wish this game had a cast like BB's where I can easily spot who I would want to play
susanoo

If you think you can narrow it down, I'd be more than happy to remind you to stick to your character each time I see you in the lobby.

I play a bit of Blazblue as well, and interestingly enough Guilty Gear is the only game I had an issue with character ADHD in. It stems from playing it a long time and being really invested in the lore of the series while liking each individual character in some way. I main Hakumen in Blazblue, although I'm by no means a good or experienced BB player.

I missed out tonight cause I was playing some vidya with a friend. If anyone is down for another EC PC room, I'll put one up now and keep it up for about an hour, maybe until like 11:15.

ID: 41xn

ggs im always inconsistent about joining the room but i do want to join more.
sit down and really think about what you want your character to play like, tools you want them to have. Then pick the character that best fits that

Finding some kind of connection to your character beyond game play goes a long way too. I chose Hakumen in Blazblue because I loved his armor design and voice. I'm having an easier time sticking to Jam now because, at the risk of sounding autistic as fuck, I like her personal philosophy of "it's okay to be a little selfish because your day to day life is the only way you can interact with the rest of the world." Which ties into self improvement and seeing a different perspective because you aren't as concerned about sounding like a selfish, spoiled child to others. Also as a business owner myself, I can identify with how frustrating it is to have to constantly pick yourself up after getting BTFO'd in the most embarrassing ways in front of important people. But the drive to want to keep going with your dreams regardless.

The issue is this is my first fighting game ever, so i have no idea what tools i like since everything is new and exciting to me
Ill try to do this as well then, thanks for the advice

you play other games?

>The issue is this is my first fighting game ever, so i have no idea what tools i like since everything is new and exciting to me
Do you play any stylish action games like DMC? It's not 1-1, but your playstyle in a game like that could determine what you might enjoy in a fighting game.

Other games in general, or just fighters?
I own BB but i dont play it

Any pirates tried SSE with Rev 2?

non fighting games

not very much recently, but i've played a lot in the past, why?

Just keep playing and you will eventually know.
I've played tens of different fighting games and whenever I pick up a new game I usually have a good idea which character I want to play.

what said your play style in other games can help you decide what you like in fighting games especially if you play other multiplayer games.

I hope so
I havent really played anything like this in a while, but for multiplayer games i liked frustrating people and doing big damage, im not really a death by 1000 cuts kind of guy

I'll be here for the next 7 hours, so late replies are welcomed.

>I havent really played anything like this in a while, but for multiplayer games i liked frustrating people and doing big damage
Try out Sol and Leo, Potemkin if you want people to become increasingly nervous when you get near by and like throwing, May if you want something a bit more technical, or Johnny if you want something a lot more technical and very stylish.

what other games you play, and sin and pot do stupid damage

Ive actually been sort of interested in Pot, but the whole hammerfall cancelling thing and 6K loops seem really intimidating to do

I'm gonna throw Sin in there too, he can dish out a lot of damage real quick

>5-8

HF canceling takes some practice but isn't that bad, Rev2 did make it a bit easier I think. And 6k loops turn Potemkin into a force of nature, but they're not really necessary until you get to REALLY high level play

It's all I have for online play, haven't had internet for the past 8 months. I just want to have fun

That's a lot of delay user.

Sleep tight /ggg/

Pot sounds perfect if you like big damage and frustrating your opponents.
Slayer too.

Please do not put Dizzy in the trash she does not belong there.

Ill look more into Slayer and Pot, though BDC seems like its such a hassle to do that I might just try out Pot first