/edg/scg/ Star Citizen Elite: Dangerous general #202

Sandi will save us! - edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

2.4 is up for release "Soon"(tm)*
*Soon is a registered trademark of Frontier Developments. Soon does not imply any specific or general timeframe, nor does it imply any eventual release at all. Frontier Development will not be held responsible for serious annoyance or death incurred while waiting for Soon(tm)* to become Now(tm)*
Space legs never.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Ayy Lmao

Surely CIG will deliver the game eventually, we should just wait.

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you hate money and love waiting, frustration, feelings of betrayal and high blood preassure.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

Old and Busted:

Other urls found in this thread:

pioneerspacesim.net/?
reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/6zy3ko/just_refunded_3_completionist_packages_for_a/
vimeo.com/78452479
youtube.com/watch?v=dN3CcaFuf4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to ask where did all the people go? Don't tell me it's useless to post anything until "new patch" releases. When Sandi is going to do AMA on r****t?

second for frontier

>tfw about to post but the thread dies before I hit 'post'

Here's a question from someone thinking about maybe investing in SC (not much and only out of curiosity and a hopefulness that the game will be released one day) to those who have already have invested:

How much time do you spend with the existing modules available? Between the Arena Commander, Star Marine, Area18, your Hangar, and the 'Persistent Universe', do you find yourself occupied while waiting? Obviously these wouldn't satiate the thirst completely, but do you at least feel like you have something fun to spend your time on when you get the SC itch? Is the flight satisfying? Is the pew pew? Is it a glitchy mess?

I think the only thing I'd be willing to spend money on at the moment would be a Mustang package.

The ship handling and flight are unmatched. I spent most of my time earning REC to try out different weapon setups to see what I liked. I don't play anymore though. You can only cut holes in space for so long.

How is this alternative for Frontier - pioneerspacesim.net/? I played the original Frontier a lot when it came out but to be honest it wasn't that fun as it was very buggy etc.

Should I join a Star Citizen org for 3.0?

>Should I join a Star Citizen org
No. There is no provable reason to tie yourself to an org for anything. They can't help you yet. It's just faggotry of the highest order. You will be able to join just as quickly when there is a need later.

3.0 is a myth at the moment. It only exists in Chris Roberts grandiose fantasies.

>“People still think of the old way [of making games], like my past games. We’d talk about a game for years, we’d show it, but no one would have their hands on it ’til it was out. There was an obsession with ‘when will it get released’. >Even with those [traditional boxed] games now, they get patched, they add things, make things better over time.”
He confirms it will never come out because Star Citizen is a game of years. It's only purpose is to extract money out of fans.

Literally the only module worth playing would be AC since it's relatively bug-free (although there are some insanely gamebreaking bugs still like your ship turning left indefinitely) compared to the shitfests in other modules. Also AC is the only place other than the fucking hangar module where the fps is solid. Grinding your way to a decent ship rental should take you a few hours, but the way the REC system works means that you get 7 separate 24 hour periods to cash in on the rental, meaning you're not committed to playing for 7 consecutive days when you pay for the rental.

Other than that though, SC in its current state is just not worth playing, and even AC is only worth a few hours here and there until the novelty wears off entirely. Area 18 is something you boot up once then never touch again--I mean the most fun part of the module is trying to find ways to glitch out of the level. Star Marine is really just a mediocre shooter with terrible network problems and the semi-cool gimmick of zero-G combat, again only a few hours of gameplay. The PU is a complete shitfest. You'll be lucky to run it at

Thanks senpai. Im still new to this whole thing so I dont know much about the community.

Hmm, well I guess it's safe to just wait until they have another sale or something.

Do you guys at least feel like progress is being made? I haven't stayed too up to date with the game, I know the development process has been fairly arduous, but do you feel like there have been improvements or the progress not there?

Also, how big of sales do they usually have? Like I said, I'm looking at the Mustang as really being the most I'd spend so hopefully I can get it cheap.

>threads about to slide off page 10 again

this should just be a space game general. there's no reason to keep it exclusive to these two games.

C U T E

This thread needs more dadposting.

boner why?!

Elite Dangerous is a good game and anyone who says otherwise is an impatient children.

Plaxinov and the other autists will piss in their cereal if we try.

ED is perfectly fine as it is. Kids have been used to instant gratification too much. I want to crack open a cold one and enjoy myself while slowly accumulating funds to buy a new ship.

>what the fuck is a plaxinov

well said friend!

Sean pls go

I don't even own NMS, I just want a place to discuss ED where I don't have to post without substance to keep it from dying.

Faggot. I bet you're probably waiting for that non-game to come out, aren't you?

O7 Commander! May your trading routes be fruitful.

I want to know more about people who have spent thousands on spaceships.

Hello, Plaxinov.

A bunch of autists from both /scg/ and /edg/ got into a huge spergout when we first decided to merge back in July 2016. After a while they accepted it since both threads were dying repeatedly on their own. Now the same autists are furiously resisting every attempt to include NMS or any other space game into the thread, even though we are losing threads multiple times each week. At this point, due to residual butthurt from last year's merge, I suspect they'd rather see us die completely than add any more games.

Cultists, not even once.

>I just want a place to discuss ED where I don't have to post
fuck off to reddit then

There's nothing to talk until new patch.

a u t i s m

Let the thread fucking die, like we should have let /edg/ in the first place. This thread is an abomination. But sure, let's make it even more of an abomination. Why not just ask for our own board? Fuck.

What is his endgame?

it's funny because you're railing against someone who wants the thread to be successful and active.

I honestly don't know where you faggots come from.

Every post makes me die a little more inside.

Elite was a mistake. Can't wait until Cultists know this feeling. It's all I have left.

Not an argument. There's never anything to talk about other than incessant shitposting about 3.0, Derek Smart, space legs when!!!! and thargroots.

Says you? We were on life support before. What exactly do you have against adding more games to the general? Or even one, like NMS? The few threads we've had with nms in the title saw significantly more activity.

Who the fuck are you nigger? Do we give a shit about some shit general? If Elite is any good after 2.4, it won't be ded.

how do we get chris roberts on a no fly list?
we absolutely have to stop him form being able to release 3.0 because its actually 2.4.1 and this is a lie he will continue to repeat to steal millions of dollars from fat basement virgins.

2.4 will be good...
...in six months

Holy shit this is hilarious

No one. You're a fucking autist. We give a shit about this shit general because we're in it, you ass goblin. If Elite magically turns into a good game after 2.4 (it won't), /edg/ could separate. It won't, because it won't. Same with Star Citizen and 3.0. Does it really hurt your autism so bad to see another game in this almost dead general? Why? Can you explain it to me in your own words instead of using memes?

Well if you wanted to get technically, it should probably be 0.241 to represent that they game is still in an early alpha state.

There is a fair bit of good gameplay in elite like small ship dogfighting, srv racing and small ship racing). The problem is that you make way more credits doing boring stuff, so people do that and then start to hate the game.

Elite Dangerous, you get it... Elite... It's for elite people not regular scum like you.

It's not even the stories of horrible grind and endless loading screens that keep me away from ED, it's the always online element for the single player system, and the lack of any real player interaction besides pvp for the mmo. It's some how the worst of both worlds in each mode.

Okay that and RNG shit for upgrades just pisses me off, even modern MMOs realize that RNG reward elements should be limited to activities that are somewhat fun in and of themselves like dungeons, combat, and boss encounters, while things that are straightforward grinds like crafting, rep and matter grind should offer concrete pay offs.

I sense great autism in this thread. I need to hyperventilate to get rid of all the energy.
This, my friend, is the place for endless grind. See that star? You can go there and grind.

>leaving your husband because he has an addiction to investing in digital goods
Stay away from roasties, desu.

I feel bad for the guy, I hope he gets his investment back.

Someone on plebbit just got a refund for $45,000

Lets face it senpai, SC is dead in the water.

reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/6zy3ko/just_refunded_3_completionist_packages_for_a/

Yeah it's a case of sad marriage I think. Maybe he was very lucky after all. It's immature to leave after someone spends money. I'm sure they were not that poor anyway.

>someone

sounds like a guild, but still significant.

as someone who hasn't spent any money on SC, I do hope that it comes out because I would spend money on it then but this certainly isn't a good look.

kind of amazing that a group pooled together that much money for the game in the first place.

also:
>For morons saying it's easy to fake screenshots by editing the website source code, here's a video with me refreshing the page, which can't be faked. So it's real, more real than your game.

kek. fucking roasted the fags in that thread.

>more real than your game

brutal

If you were to make a judgement based on the facts instead of Derek Smart's crazy ramblings, then you'd clearly be aware that Realistic ship damage, Ship subsystem energy manipulation, Hired NPC's, Shuttles, Immersive haggling, Stellar Cartography, a Stock Market, Organizations, Radar information relay, Spaceports, Transportation, Cruising jobs, Voting for in game politicians, Player owned factories, Group mining, organization infiltration, Mineral refinement, Aliens, Scanning Software, Artifact hunting, Dynamic NPC social interactions, Electronic Warfare and Hacking, Space Monsters, Crisis-like vegetation and self-sustaining ecosystems, Black holes, cargo damage, Varied laws and rules for different enviornments, Base-building, Eating and showering, Space illnesses, contagion and epidemics and player-run medical facilities for players to treat them, 20 million AI agents, Science profession, Plant growth and Botanics, infrared, visible, and gamma spectrum universe scanning, Mining, refineries, Procedural wildlife and birds and weather, Farming, Trading, Sandworms and 99.5 Star Systems are all just around the corner.

Chris is making good progress on all of those and we are all going to have fun playing with these features within a reasonable time frame that CIG is perfectly capable of, except for those like you who are simply too impatient to wait just slightly longer and can't see just how far Star Citizen has come.

Pic related: my space ship

is this some kind of copy pasta I'm not aware of? bravo.

A few more like this might start a flood. All because Sandi is a Jew, Chris is autistic and they lied to hype sales again and again. They might have gotten away with it once, but they've drunk their own cool aid and think that they can do no wrong. As so the fatal erosion of confidence that I've been talk about for a year is coming to pass.

The only way SC dies is if Sandi murders is with kikery and Chris lets her keep doing it, and both of those thing have happened.

>no replies

autism is like a shade, it goes away when you shine a light on it.

This is from Space Engine, made by a single slav.

yea but space engine is JUST a planet generator and and touring sim, theres nothing to do but fly around and look at stuff. Like goggle earth but less useful.

What's that shit on her neck?

a shitty tattoo that will be painful and expensive to remove.

someone from this thread probably paid for it in ship jpgegs

>spending 15,000$ on a single game

Mind shattering.

I've spent more than $5000 on WoW 2 accounts over 12 years, I just recently quit.

how do you feel?

Yeah even for Steam I have spend almost 2k in couple of years I think so it kinda accumulates quickly if you have bit of extra income but it's still far away from 15000k and for single game which is not even finished.

the way the thread is reacting to him is very telling. most upvoted posts are those congratulating him on his feat.

eh, you experienced WoW at its best at least. I think about this people who started in Cataclysm, even WoTLK, and I feel sad for them. that game was amazing at one point and arguably worth the 5,000 for a few years

pros
>6dof controls
>new suicide estimator
>in-system courier missions
it's actually possible to do the barnards start without a hyperdrive
>fuel usage matters more
>actively developed
latest patch is from this month
>trailer is DOPE
vimeo.com/78452479

cons
>ugly as sin
>autopilot tends to run you dry more often
>early trading less viable
no demand missions etc.
>fuel usage is wonky
seems retros use much more than mains etc.
>music is awful
>no mining
>map is hard to read

otherwise it's about the same game really

Fine. I quit because they finally broke texture editing, looks like for good, that was the last straw for me. I enjoyed WoW for years, and don't regret it. It has been my favorite game for a long time but has been sliding farther and farther down a path I don't like, where all the Story is PC centric dick stroking and all progress is blind RNG. I stopped taking is seriously in WotLK, but alts, transmog, BGs, and making texture edits kept it going for me. Blizz has over the last four years slowly ruined all of those things, so I quit. But I did enjoy WoW thoroughly for about 10 years, It's been my hope for years that SC would fill the place of WoW eventually, obviously different game in a different genre, but large scale immersive alternate world to practice escapism in.

>mmo players
>$5000 on grinding wow
GET
OUT

Why not play E:D? Sure there's no story but the world is absolutely there. And it's actually quite fun to explore when you stop every once on a while to enjoy the view on your journey.

Maybe a /spacesimgeneral/ just needs to be created. You don't need to ask permission from some asperging autisimo if it's ok nor do you need his acceptance.
If the thread is popular then it'll continue on by itself.
Of course I'm sure you'll get the few who try to derail it because their game is never coming out but never replying to them might work [spolier]lol[/spoiler]

yea, I loved WoW for what it was, not what it has become. I won't lie, I enjoyed Legion, the launch and first patch or two was comfy as fuck but they've taken what was a good start and just gone nowhere good with it.

I do feel bad for people who are latecomers to WoW, I'm sure its still very impressive for a little while, but everything is so quick and easy that you blow through it all and miss 90% of the game.

Like I said, my hope with SC is to rekindle a little of that "feeling of adventure" that WoW had when it was young. Maybe even take it further if SC lets us stake claims and build lasting stuff out in the less settled places. It'd be cool to build a small outpost slowly into a waystation and perhaps eventually even a small city for people to resupply and trade at. I always want to do that in games with basebuilding, but it rarely works out simply because the populations are too small and more people are interested in theft and destruction than co-operation.

>the way the thread is reacting to him is very telling. most upvoted posts are those congratulating him on his feat.
That plebbit is full of goons though.

you can't make anything In E:D. nothing you do matters in the slightest. You're simply a cat batting at a ball of fluff on the end of spring, the minute you leave it will be as if you were never there.

All there is to do in E:D is grind credit to get ships to grind credits to get bigger ships, there's no point to any of it. Thats sort of what killed WoW at the end to. Leveling alts stopped being meaningful, you didnt gain any capability or access by leveling a new character because its piss easy and everything is the same. I used to have multiple of the same class leveled, specialized out in gear and talents, but now specs can be swapped at will and gear is homogenous, one character with one set of gear can play all specs in class at any time.

you can fly spaceships since several versions
not really much point but it's fun to orbit and use a realistic looking warp drive

GET
OUT
daaaaddddsssssss

the "refunds" sub is also thought control central, you cant vote in there without subbing, so not matter what you do you raise their profile.

There is no place on reddit to talk about SC in an honest unbiased way, you have various camps who have built themselves echo chambers where they only want to hear thing that they agree with. That is the nature of reddit, and one of the reasons I defend this thread so rabidly from thing I think will damage it.

This is the only plac eleft on the internet where you can talk frankly about SC and receive a similarly honest answer. I a $2000 backer, can criticize roberts and call sandi a wannabe crypto-kike here and not be silenced, I can call out their bullshit without being swarmed by cultists who would defend them even if chris literally withdrew the money and fled to a non-extradition country. I can also express my honest frustration about the direction things. from the perspective of wanting SC to succeed, desperately, but seeing the seeds of failure being sown and the first harvests being reaped. And people reply, or not, but it's almost never with a unanimous unreasoning screech of disapproval because I didn't agree with whatever the groupthink is.

This place has a value that does not exist anywhere else.

>reason I defend this thread
kill yourself

a non argument and and unrelated image.
Stay salty shill.

>you can't make anything In E:D. nothing you do matters in the slightest.

So what? The point of having such a large universe in the game is that nothing you do in it really matters, no one is trying to establish a known character because its not the point.

What you built in WoW is pretty much nothing to anyone outside the game's circle. You said it yourself its all the same anyway, but it was a fun time while it lasted.

>All there is to do in E:D is grind credit to get ships to grind credits to get bigger ships, there's no point to any of it

Untrue. The bigger ship are also more versatile ships. The point isn't the expanding pool of credits getting to yet another order of magnitude higher threshold of something you can buy. The point is allowing you to build a diverse fleet of ships until you can do whatever the heck you want very fast.

I mean whatever man, I just love finding these kind of sights. As a bonus I get to leave my name on the system's bodies and gather a nice pile of credits if I survive the trip. But really just looking at that stuff kinda scratches the itchy part of "I'll never explore the galaxy". In a way I can do it, also its a pretty fun space shooter on its own, becomes incredible if you have the hotas+vr combo. To me playing video games is more about the fun experience than the reward I guess.

And what would you want to make in elite? More ways to get credits or ship parts I assume. I think this game doesnt appeal to MMO players because it's basically an MMO without the same amount of sugar coating in all the different shit you can buy. In elite the shit you buy is all the same, and you can do 90% of what this game is about using the starting ship. That's why it "feels new" for like 10-20 hours, similar to the playtime of a long adventure game.

The point of having such a large universe is that there enough space that you, if you were inclined, could set up a suface base or anchor a station, make it your own, use your time and resources to improve it, and carve out your own little corner of a world so gigantic that everyone who wanted to could do this with interfering with each other.

Maybe you could even expand your little corner to the point of being a useful repair and resupply stop for other players looking to push out even further beyond you. But E:D doesnt let you do that. Nothing in E:D is ever your except your ship.

as for your statement regarding ships my point is that there is no goal beyond getting a bigger ship, nor potential for any goal. There is nothing to do with your versatile more capable ship besides the things you already did to get your versatile more capable ship. There no point to the wealth or power, its the standard MMO pitfall of increasing power for the sake of increased power. Your increased power doesn't get you anything, but the ability to increase your power further. There is no power level where you can translate your powerful ship into anything besides a more powerful ship. This is the cruz of E:Ds criticism, it's very shallow and one dimensional.

i thought i was in frontier forums for a sec

>as for your statement regarding ships my point is that there is no goal beyond getting a bigger ship, nor potential for any goal

You dont get it at all. Its not about building something out there, even if I know many of you mmo players would love that kind of gameplay. Some of them would spread like cancer over the galaxy and then what? Oh that's right : feeling more powerful relative to others.

Besides the fact that the servers will be eventually required to handle ( up to ) 400 BILLION * AVERAGE AMOUNT OF LANDABLE BODIES simultaneous instances of player bases doing shit and somehow stream this information to us without problem to make sure you are in the same instance as people who are there to blow your shit up...

There is the idea that what you do with those ships remains the point and goal of the game throughout its entire playtime. Its a fucking game, not the real world. No one cares about your giant fucking base interfering with their gameplay : they are simply going to move away until you wont ever interfere anymore.

I just love flying a spaceship inside canyons, avoiding cliffs using boosted engines. Some people do it as a sport! Engineering your ship to your liking is a "goal" if you want. Some idiots tried hard to gain certain mods and end up disappointed, I simply one day found out I had the resources to roll a few good mods for my ships, making the overall experience better than credits can.

the point of having such a large universe is because it's 2017 and they can. it's purely for realisms sake. there is absolutely no gameplay reason to go outside the bubble.

>ITT: NMS autists angry that their shitty game will never be included

Wait until the stuff for 3.2 drops some time late 2019, cause anything prior to that ain't gonna be something you'll be sitting down with for more than a fucking hour.
(although this can become several hours with the crashes, bullshit deaths due to bugs etc.)
However it 'could' be an idea to at least get a starter package now before they increase the prices anymore than they already have.
Wait to get a package though until they sell 'em 35(??) dollar starter packages this November/December sale as that's the cheapest you'll ever get.

ITT people need to listen to LP lay the smackdown
youtube.com/watch?v=dN3CcaFuf4U

you're playing open world games wrong.

atleast they have a game

*autist
Singular, there's only one that's actually dedicated. He does sockpuppet and phonepost a bit though.

Just because I think E:D is a shallow pointless game doesn't mean I'm in favor of other shittier titles being added. All I'm getting at is that I want more than "Spaceship and Spaceship Accessories" in my Multiplayer space game. E:D does not offer more than that so E:D will never be a game I'm interested in.

Why not go play EVE online if you want to lose months of progress in a single ebin battle?

I'm sorry you only see the stuff you can buy in this game, but some people have the ability to enjoy what we do in it .

>wanted to try the FdL instead of making a Python
>get it
>full a-class moduless
>can't stand up to a Python in single combat without lots of maneuvering
>not even fast enough without engineering to actually escape from a python within a reasonable amount of time
>worse armament than a python
>'dedicated' bounty hunter ship worse than python in every way that matters
>maneuverability difference insufficient to make it viable choice over Python in PvE or PvP

Why does this fucking thing exist, again? I'd ask what I should shoot for when engineering it out, but I feel like that's just a waste of time when there seems to be no reason to not get the Python at this point.

DUDE
CLASS 4 HARDPOINT
LMAO

Seriously though if you cant outmaneuver a python in the fdl you are shit at maneuvering, and its a pretty decent ship imo I got it because the sound of the engine is cool and the class 4 beam laser basically melts any small ship in a few seconds, which is nice because I don't need to spend engineered multicannon ammo on them. Those are on there for big ships and PVP.

Its dedicated to pvp sure, but at this point in the game you are supposed to also own an asp, which can do literally everything else.

so is the imperial cutter the best ship in the game?

Outmaneuvering the Python isn't the problem, putting down decent DPS while doing so is.

Really thinking those multiple large hardpoints would be more useful than a Huge one at this point.

Idk my build is pretty comfy senpai. 4x 2G modded multi cannons to deal hull damage and kill modules, and a 4G beam laser for long term bounty hunting, I sometimes use a fixed huge multicannon for pvp or assasination missions. No need for shield boosters even if the shields arent that strong, just boost and chaff is enough for pve.

A huge hardpoint is more effective against large ships with tons of armor hardness. The Python is not a large ship.
Meanwhile the Python's loadout is more effective against medium ships with less than tons of armor hardness. The FDL is a medium ship.
That said the python maneuvers like dogshit and you just need to gitgud. If your tears are this salty now I'd have paid to see you face off with the pre-nerf version of the Python when it maneuvered like a Cobra, boosted to 400 and had stronger shields than the Anaconda.

Squeak squeak squeak squeak. Squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak .
Squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeaksqueaksqueaksqueak squeaksqueak squeak

It is though. It has all the workings of an mmo but no players, its suffers from constant "rebalancing? like an mmo people bitch when the thing they want to do isn't competitive and their bitching gets results. It is an MMO, just a shitty, poorly designed one thats better played as a solo game. However as a solo game it still suffers from being attached to an online MMO client server architecture. If its not an MMO why do they nerf certain way of making money for being "unfair" or exploitative? If its not an MMO why cant you run it offline and mod it to suit your tastes?

>It has all the workings of an mmo
like what?
>no players
lel
fuck off dad

>it still suffers from being attached to an online MMO client server architecture

It doesn't, actually. It has authentication servers but other than that its peer to peer. Which is why its hilariously shitty