XCOM General - /xcg/

This screenshot is an accurate representation of the TRUE XCOM EXPERIENCE Edition

Previous Mission:News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

>AWESOME GUNS IN THIS LINK
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=1132835147

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/268500/announcements/detail/1453956934771003956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THIS WORLD WILL NEVER BE YOURS AGAIN, TEMPLAR!

We need EYE ports

Leaving for today, time to sleep. Have fun anons!

>pic related

>missed 88% melee strike and a 82% flanking on the same target

THAT'S XCOM BABY

Can I add steam workshop things in an already in progress game or do I have to restart for each new one?

unf, GAINZ. that strength and stamina gains are great so my soldiers can carry even more high explosives.

Depends on the mod.

It depends entirely on what kind of mod it is. Cosmetics are always fine.

>stun lancer crits and kills my squaddie dude

>tfw no cyborg/MEC faction

Male Reaper > Female Reaper.
Male Skirmisher > Female Skirmisher.
Male Templar < Female Templar.

course if it was real there wouldnt be any female troops going on vital missions to save humanity unless there were no dudes left

>Male Templar < Female Templar
I'm gonna have to disagree, the African voice Males have is 10/10

Wrong on everything.

Really a lost oppratunity.

Female templars sound bored. Both of the male templar voices are good.

>Spart's Kitbashes will NEVER EVER make it to WotC

it hurts, if only I wasn't such a shitter with a download cap I'd try to port them myself

Do races actually change voicelines?

>Female templars sound bored
Did you hear the first female voice? Literally perfect delivery on every single line.

Male reaper = female reaper
male skirmishers < female skirmishers
male Templar > female Templar

FIXED

"a useful aid" for some reason sounds way too autistic when coming from a dude.

FMP may have some retarded design decisions, but X-COM cyberdiscs are pretty cool. The Ayys aren't going to know what hit them.

Whats the mod that lets you customize all of your characters gears?

Race, no. Reapers 2nd voice is what sounds like Russian, Templars sound African, and I'm not sure about Skirmishers.

Is there a way to set or change the random abilities that soldiers get?

If it wasn't for the females Skirmisher's running animation I could agree with this

who built em?
how did they gain independence?

I'm upset that they don't have a scientist faction made up of people like shen, vahlen and tygan who had to learn to fight and use their skills on the field. I would imagine they could play like a combination of deckers and riggers from shadowrun. would be great.

why do you want to make an easy game even easier?

return of heavy weapons platforms when
hover tanks when

Since the DLCs have no missions anymore, perhaps they would've reworked Shen's Last Gift stuff for it.

Sparks are basically MEC and SHIVs combined so it's unneeded

There's a fucking mod for that.

I'd recommend against it, it takes away more individuality from soldiers.

>Since the DLCs have no missions anymore
How do so many people get outcommandered by check boxes?

>Lost World dark event
>followed by the ELDERS GREATEST CHAMPION Avenger assault
>each truck which blows up summons The Lost
>push forward and encounter a sectopod
>gatekeeper strolls up with two codexes
>Gatekeeper summons all the lost I had to kill as PSI zombies
>ELDERS GREATEST CHAMPION runs up and starts talking shit

There are people who actually have difficulty with Rookie.

I've been asking that since Alien rulers came out

do you not know what a cyborg is

it's an advent voice I think.

Go away Rom, you are too good for this forsaken Earth. Cyborgs and Bioupgrades/Exalt seem like a perfect fit for factions

It's not about the difficulty meme, just wanted to give an a soldier that pulled through on a clutch mission an appropriate "reward" so-to-speak. If everything was about how "hard" the game was I'd just play every campaign Ironman, no Medkits, don't kill the chosen, perma dark events but I find those playthroughs super boring.

I've been playing with the missions activated since I never played the individual DLCs, but it's obviously intended to be played with the integrated option.

yes I kinda focused on the mech aspect as the only cyborgs are from EW and don't really seem canon at this point.

I'm not sure which female templar I heard but the one I tried out had a generic American voice compared to the weird accents the two male voices have.

>ex exalt soldiers fighting advent.
this is kino
at this point I hate exalt too much to accept them though, fuck those guys they're the reason we lost the fight in the initial invasion

they both do, I agree that the only way to templar is male, I do like how sexy the female templars look though.

Peeps are taking this question like I'm asking how to give myself unlimited resources or disable the avatar project or something.

I just wanted to give a particular ability to a newly promoted colonel who's saved my latest campaigns ass a couple of times.

I know it's technically not playing the game "pure" or w/e but I don't really care, just wanted to know if a little tweak was possible.

>they're the reason we lost the fight in the initial invasion
But that's not true. Everything was lost before Exalt could even become a threat.

We lost because politicians leaked the base location to the alien forces.

user playing EW for the first time here, just had my first nation leave the council and have high panic in several other places. I uh, I don't suppose there's any way to get them to rejoin?
This is totally a failed run - I didn't get any satellites beyond the starting 2 out until the end of May, and I used my 2nd one poorly as well.

Any advice for satellite placements when starting? I started in Europe and placed my satellite in the US. A kind user pointed out yesterday that it's better to keep them within your own continent at the start, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

>I uh, I don't suppose there's any way to get them to rejoin?
Not in vanilla, you can in LW though

well exalt aren't canon I was just larping. i'd like to think that in a world were exalt are made canon again that they'd make it out that a combination of exalt and the council being a bunch of selfish faggots were the reason xcom was disbanded before even magnetic weapons were created.

not helpful but I found EW stupidly easy even when compared to war of the chosen. have you tried using more MEC's?

MEC's are Sparks on steroids.

OUR WORLD IS DANGEROUS!

How do I transfer pirated WotC to steam. Is it just as easy as transferring the files?
Im not dropping £35 more on xcom if I dont like it.

I'm not having any difficulty with battles, but I'm only playing on classic. I mismanaged my buildings horribly though, and I think I just fell behind in cutting down panic via satellites.

Nice. Excited to play LW, but I want to beat a vanilla campaign first.

my save just deleted itself

How did the Warlock go from creepy child to 70 year old zealot in less than 20 years? Star-Wars-Dark-Side-itis? WTF, Firaxis.

>falling for the ironcuck meme

lewd commanders must hang

Nopower user here, hope you're having fun with WotC.

Only had one save

What did everyone think of today's challenge mission? Burning the antifalid hordes with righetous purifiers was bretty gud.

We will pray for you.

>if it was real I wouldn't let women join my shitty, starving group of ragtag terrorists
An underground resistance takes in any warm, willing body that can hold a fucking gun and point it in the general direction of an enemy. You'd have a point if this was a professional paramilitary organization, like in EU.

>not keeping autosaves on in case bad shit happens

Yes

>lost swarming the field
>a bad thing

well looks like someone needs to learn the power of gunslinger perks on their sniper.

>Hunter with Brittle
>crit him with Arashi for half his health
>"I bet you can't do that again!"
>Hair Trigger procs

>warlock the elders most annoying cunt
>weak to Templar's and brittle

you lucky cunt.

He can still roll immune to melee.

How do the Lost missions work? I've only had like 3 or 4 not that I'm complaining. I figured they would be on every other mission but so far they are pretty uncommon maybe even rare.

Perfect.

they're faction missions just like how resistance missions are the only way to get the capture or kill vip missions. they're also ambush missions which are stupidly easy and crazy fun at the same time.

never thought that making B line to the extraction zone and ignoring anything that spots me could be so fun. especially when you have a grappling hook.
the biggest joke is ambush with icuras armor. .

> Be on Retaliation mission in late May
>Pratal Mox is there and gets whacked a Beserked
>After Mission, see that Pratal has negative trait: "fear of Bersekers"
>Berserkers never appear after June or in any other mission types

I don't even think I'll send him to therapy for this.

child soldiers in xcom when?

>Guardian is bugged
>Stasis sphere is bugged
>Evac is bugged
>Abilities that have the soldier shoot more then once are bugged
>Lost World is bugged
FIX YOUR GAME ____.

The French and Polish resistances gladly accepted women and children into their ranks during WWII and even sent them into combat and espionage operations. When total annihilation is on the line, barrier to entry drops, and the rebels will typically take anyone willing to raise a gun regardless. of gender or age.

>spark is bugged and I for some reason can't bring him on missions
>arcon research bugged for 3 months holding back my ability to use more than one blade master in a group due to the fact that the chosen katana is the only tier 3 melee weapon I can have.
>archon finally fixes and allows me to research it
>spark never fixes and I just have to continue without my spark that pretty much went on every mission and was my strongest member save my sharpshooter.

Savage

>Ranger acquires fear of lost
>Forget and send on lost mission
>Shattered every other turn
I have only myself to blame

I just had a Squaddie sniper miss three very crucial 75% shots on a timed mission, should I send him to his death now or just cut him when I get back?

>checks firaxis artstation pages, no results
where did you get this highly classified image?

Mortal Kombat devs

I've noticed that there are several Mass Effect themed mods currently in the workshop.

Are they any good or are they trash that makes the game look terrible?

steamcommunity.com/games/268500/announcements/detail/1453956934771003956

I just use them for the extra hairstyles

N I C E

Man, Wolverine is pretty edgy.

>Veiny, pale arms

Man, the Templars really seem like they could have been a great EXALT callback.

I'm so disappointed that EXALT had zero variety in their looks

How do you guys view soldier bonds? Romance? Camaraderie?

Fucking

Butt buddies

Depends on the soldier. Jane Kelly can be all brothers-in-arms with a guy one playthrough, and fucking a guy next playthrough.