/srg/ - speedrunning general

It's called "bi-winning" ;)

why didn't you sage?

i'm not up to date. what happened to speedruns after cosmo became a girl, siglemic a baby, puncay an alcoholic, cheese a gay? who are the stars now

>who are the stars
That's not really how speedrunning works, but since you're a faggot, you might enjoy Clintstevens.

trihex can't even get 1k viewers streaming hearthstone?....

this nigga need to get a job soon lol

why didn't you sage?

shit overplayed memes with no meaning

what happened to mario maker speedruns?

Beneziaa is sexy!

I don't understand how you guys don't worship the one true speedgod ZFG
>refuses to add notifications on stream
>consistantly plays his speedgame for years
>plays on console
>actively fought against the use of the chinese cheat machine during the iron fist reign of CosmoWrong
>has always been at the top of whatever category he is actively focused on
>doesn't read donations on stream
>has an appreciation for memes, but is not a meme spewing sperglord
He's literally perfect.

Kippa

>refuses to add notifications on stream
This shows signs of autism.
>consistantly plays his speedgame for years
Too afraid to try anything new and only plays a meme category no one else plays.
>plays on console
The majority of speedrunners do this.
>actively fought against the use of the chinese cheat machine during the iron fist reign of CosmoWrong
As did most.
>has always been at the top of whatever category he is actively focused on
100% is a meme category.
>doesn't read donations on stream
The majority of runners don't either.
>has an appreciation for memes, but is not a meme spewing sperglord
Again, the same goes for most.

no

>not adding notifications to a stream
>a sign of autism
It takes talent to be as stupid as you.

Refusing to add fun acknowledgement on stream for the people that provide you money is autism. People who think they are sticking it to the man are really just very autistic.

>Refusing to add fun acknowledgement on stream for the people that provide you money is autism.
He thanks every single sub you dumb fuck.

Notifications are for literal attention craving babies.

>He thanks every single sub
fuck this sellout

It's better than obnoxious ass text covering the gameplay and shitting up the stream.

What kind of fucking moron puts notifications on the gameplay?

t. edgy beta trying to stick it to the man

It's true, though. Notifications are so retards can slap their hands together like seals and make moanning down syndrome laughs when they see their name pop up on a screen.

Crandino comin

The only people who say this are people jealous of those who make money through Twitch. if they're not distracting then there is absolutely nothing wrong with notifications on stream. Stay mad, stay beta and most of all, stay irrelevant and poor.

>The only people who say this are people jealous of those who make money through Twitch.
It's adorable how the only way you know how to respond to criticism is to sperg out and call people jealous. How small minded.

hey shoutouts to @189243575 for the (You), thanks so much for supporting the thread man god bless

speedrunners should never accept donations. if they do they are literally stealing from GDQs then.

liquidxyid

Birds can laugh.

Bonobos can howl.

Toastrider can 1:39.

Sometimes runners do wrong movement for no reason.

Monkeyposting is funny as FUCK and is directly related to speedrunning.

Meme game runners cannot play SM64 even close to competently.

The obsessed freak won.

Why do you keep posting this list of extremely false information with extremely try hard sentances?

>sentances
You, on the other hand, should try a little harder.

Everything on the list is correct, stop bonobo howling and sort out your life.

list of our guys who persevere and continue fighting the good fight even after achieving total and unquestionable victory:
the obsessed freak

list of not our guys who retreat to the tree tops and bonobo howl in pain after being exposed by peaking at a mid 52 despite grinding 18 hours a day for years:
grindxcucklet

Nah, I ain't gonna word it.

*bonobo howls*

why didn't you sage?

Da True Winna Wuz Crandino Doe

shut the fuck up

Dayumm nigga u aggy af

stop posting about yourself. if you have to put this much effort into samefagging then you are in the wrong

why do you keep posting really untrue things?

*banshee screeches*

why didn't you sage?

52:00-52:10 is a low 52
52:11-52:50 is a mid 52
52:51-52:59 is a high 52

>52:50 is mid

midx52

52:00.00-52:19.99 is a low 52
52:20.00-52:39.99 is a mid 52
52:40.00-52:59.99 is a high 52

why did you delete?

Birds can laugh.

Bonobos can howl.

Toastrider can 1:39.

Sometimes runners do wrong movement for no reason.

Monkeyposting is funny as FUCK and is directly related to speedrunning.

Meme game runners cannot play SM64 competently.

The obsessed freak won.

Squid has a mid 52.

why didn't you sage?

Speedrunning is not competitive. Speedrunning isn't hard enough, nor are there even enough runners for any game to be competitive. Runners who convince themselves that speedrunning is competitive are just gamers who want to feel like they're good at something because they can't compete in anything with real competition.

>Definition of competitive
>1: relating to, characterized by, or based on competition, competitive sports, a competitive marketplace

>Definition of competition
>2 :a contest between rivals, a gymnastics competition; also :one's competitors, faced tough competition

hmm, I see nothing in the dictionary that mentions a required hardness or number of competitors

By that definition almost anything can be considered competitive. A waterballoon fight at a children's birthday party, for example.

Clearly I meant meaningful competition. Context is everything, my dude.

I fucked your mom in the ass. How's that for context, bitch nigger?

AHAHAHAHAHA NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turn the bot off ian

HER bots are a great and vibrant addition to the thread!

why didn't you sage?

tfw you accidentally open fsjuicyj's stream *shudder*

>i have no idea what autistic actually means but i'll chuck it in to every sentence and pretend i know what i'm talking about

Not the hsrapest knife in the drawer are you? silly cunt.

thanks for the late response!

why did you delete?

*flies high above it all and bird laughs*

cheese is a marathon runner, while droz and xiah are sprinters, different specializations, doesn't mean anyone's better

Xiah has better movement than cheese.

why did you delete?

word

>1st time ever playing Super Metroid (Learning to Crawl :^) ▤ NEW Subs 50% off yo!
A black guy! Based!

no

xiah and cheese are clearly leagues better than droz lmao

move on already

no

no

no

What's the latest speed game

SM64

what's your time

no

Omnigamer was wrong?!

all of his testing and runs were done through emulation and didn't account for the human element so yes

does this guy's shtick fool anyone anymore? down from 1000 last year to 300 viewers

He's lazy and stupid, like Clint, but Clint is a sociopath so he's better at convincing morons that he has a personality.

no

esa costs 100 bucks to attend

gdq is not possible to attend

notifications on stream are obnoxious. follower alerts and shit like that are probably the worst of them. i hate being called out from lurking when i hit follow.
sub and donation notifications are cool with me as long it's not some annoying music or blocks the view of the game/webcam. darbian does this well.
also why the fuck are there popular streamers that still have follow notifications on? why?

why didn't you sage?

>joins the MHC
>viewer count plummets

Should we spread the grindmonkey meme to other generals? Like telling CS and SC players that they're grindmonkeys who spam matches to randomly climb the ladder instead of practicing efficiently.

who is we?

yes

Here's a thought. Why don't you actually do something productive, learn a speedrun or actually practice something yourself instead of trying to tell people who speedrun how to progress in what you don't even partake in. kay. :)

Absolutely. Speedrunners are actually efficient compared to moba/rts/fps monkeys

i don't see a reason to do this. in CS and SC you can't actually get good by grind monkeying like you can in piss easy ape escape games, so grind monkeys in those games don't pretend to be accomplished gamers.

but people complain about bad teammates and "elo hell" as excuses for their lack of success