docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PropertyDrawer.html
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/DecoratorDrawer.html
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/174368
twitter.com/AnonBabble

enginedev is best gamedev

> How to Webm
all that hard work paid off

>le caffinated bacon XP

Cold brew is pretty good, it doesn't have as sharp of a peak as brewed coffee, so you don't "crash" as much which is where coffee really sucks

the problem was lack of ability for others to copy paste

>OP shortening the OP
shamefur

> Official /agdg/ notepad
etherpad.net/p/agdg

Don't forget to support idioot on patreon.

Lua the cutest~!

why didn't gamemaker and godot go lua way

>shortening
That OP is huge, if anything it needs to be shortened MORE

>fantasymusica.org
Whats so special about this fag that he gets his own entry? XNA doesn't get mentioned, but fake jams like mechanoid does?

lua sucks

>making tile editor
>actually editing tiles is the last thing implemented

I'm wasting my time making property attributes in Unity since I'm on a flight for my nephew's wedding in a few hours.

[Prefab] should come in really handy in the future, it takes a directory from your project and auto-populates a list of prefabs for you to select from so you don't have to click and drag.

[Hint] is pretty neat too.

[Info] is pointless.

Thats neat, pls share

>Whats so special about this fag that he gets his own entry?
He is giving you good music for free so shut the fuck up. If the guy that made the aggydaggy site wasn't dead we could update that instead of adding new shit to the already bloated op.

----[ Recap Complete ]----
recap.agdg.io/view?id=17091

>He is giving you good music for free
but so do literally thousands or even tens of thousands of other musicians

>good music for free
The music isn't that great desu, but I can't argue when it's free

>not getting that up and running before you even have any UI at all

>recap.agdg.io
wait what, why does that address work but agdg.io doesn't? can you have DNS records for just subdomains like the but no the main one?

Either way, thanks for what you do~~

Check out PropertyDrawer and DecorationDrawer in the manual:
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PropertyDrawer.html
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/DecoratorDrawer.html

It's pretty straight forward once you understand what the fuck Unity wants from you.

>went to work at wagecuck job
>think about game dev at work
>think of ideas for games and how I'd implement stuff
>start thinking about Dwarf Fortress
>curl up and cry when you realize nothing you ever make will be even close to Dwarf Fortress in fun, scope, innovation, and perfection.

I'd do the gaming world better if I lost 100 lbs, dressed up as a girl, drove to silverdale, and spent all day sucking Toady's dick.

>complete
Was this just for DD or is this going to continue? Forgot to ever post on here and not discord/itch

Just quit your job and nake gamedev your fulltime "career"

Hahahahahhaha

im gonna end up rewriting the whole 200 lines anyways.

fuck you and your sympathy bait.

Nah nigga sympathy bait is.
"Wow, worst day ever..." or, "Guess this is what life is like huh?..."

It's a weekly recap. Every Monday.

>post on discord
>don't know what recap monday is
"steamchat is just a boogeyman"

Hella new. Only posted once in discord brew.
Mainly used itch because of easy feedback and its there permanently for devlogs/"""patch"""notes

table[x][y][z]
holy shit this is cool

Not the user you're reacting at.

How is the shitpost/feedback ratio on itch?

Where's your game though?

Literally all feedback.

I wish there was more shitposting on itch, it would mean that the platform is getting bigger

array indices start at 1

>not blowing off family events
never gonna make it

Finally got power back after Irma and started implementing suggestions from Demo Day feedback. I found out why my rotation code would sometimes flip sides for no reason, plus made it so players can smoothly navigate with the arrow keys/wasd.

you are like baby watch this:
M-THEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOORY
table[x][y][z][z][Ω][Ω2][Ω3][Ω4][Ω5][Ω6][Ω7][Ω8]
M-THEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOORY

>tfw bad art can be carried by good music but bad music can't be carried by good art

That sounds pretty good then. Just made an itch account now. Do I need another site? Don't say patreon, I already have that one.

you don't NEED anything, user. Are you trying to pay the bills? People may not be as nice on itch

>not having two patreons to scam twice as much money

just have no music
do the ambient meme like dark souls.

The only thing that can carry bad art is good gameplay. Good music with bad art creates a disconnect and becomes jarring

>Do I need another site?
It depends on your goals and ambitions.

itch for hosting your games
/agdg/ and AGDG for feedback
twitter, tumblr, instagram for posting progress
youtube and twitch for streaming development

>Good music with bad art creates a disconnect and becomes jarring
but Undertale exists

all my ui widgets are inherited from button

undertales music isnt good, but theres still a massive disconnect in that game anyway.

Dev from the other chan here. I've been working on a game with some other folks for a while and I'm looking for feedback on some critical things I've been thinking about.

We're developing a classic RE-style survival horror game. None of that unity engine fps walking sim shit. An actual game focused on puzzles, tension-building, and atmosphere.

The game is thematically a huge shoutout to old VHS slasher films from the 80's, complete with a VHS distortion filter, synths, and all the horror tropes you might expect/.

Anyway, I'm looking on some feedback on the genre as a whole. When you play Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve, Eternal Darkness, games like that, what are your biggest gripes and what do you like most? I'd like to try and see if there are any glaring chinks in our armor so to speak and it's always good to have outside input.

didnt read

that'll look good on your résumé

i don't like scary games user, so i never played any of those

I can say with absolute certainty that you will never make a good game user

>horror game

Why's that, Toby?

I'm starting a quick side project. I promise I'll get back to my main game soon.

Because tasteless contrarians don't understand what people enjoy about video games

Fixed a bug, I extended a class, and gave it an Update() method. However this overrode its base class Update() method, so since I never called base.Update() in the child class, the parent class update never occurred.

>generic 4/4 arpeggios
>good music

I know exactly why UT is enjoyed and loved by many. It still doesnt make it a good game in my eyes.

I can always use some additional income. Currently my coffee is paid for with NEETbux, but I really want to upgrade my potato computer.
Hold your horses, satan.
I actually don't know what I'm doing so editing videos for youtube sounds kinda lame. But I might make use of those other sites, so thank you for your feedback.
RE has the worst tank controles, but you probably know that already. I like the horrors where you question yourself and not the stupid jumpscares (a black cat sometimes is still ok though). And ummm... what other chan?

>I know exactly why UT is enjoyed and loved by many.
>everyone but me is stupid and likes bad games

>he fell for inheritance

Tank controls are under control. We're still using the fixed-camera style, but controls in the game are relative to the character's position on screen, not relative to the direction they're facing. And it's Veeky Forums + 4. I say "the other chan" because the name has been spamfiltered since GG.

The homo thing is that since its a Unity function, you don't even need to write 'override', it lets you just do void Update() without throwing a compile error.

user, people are allowed to like games i don't like. I love many games, most don't like as well.

You can stop getting personally insulted on the behalf of your hacky idol.

>using the most common time signature or arpeggios makes your music bad
damn wtf I didn't even know

There is an aggydaggy there too? Is it better?

Does your family (parents, siblings, relatives etc) support you in your game development?

ye, but updates are slow so the support is waning.

My family disowned me so no

My fake program had a real crash, I'll call it an emergent feature

I'm pretty at least in Visual Studio, it's going to warn you about that with squiggly lines

It's slower and way less of a coherent community. There are no status update posts or anything, but I think people are a lot more willing to cooperate and are able to solve problems a bit better sometimes.

They think it's cool when I show them my progress, but otherwise they don't care.

how are you even handling all those windows?

comfy

Reminder not to be a DirtyDev!

Not really, I helped my mom wash her car today so she offered to buy me ice cream on the way back, and I said no thanks, but instead you could spend the $3 on advertising my game, and she laughed. My dad isn't as dismissive of it but asks if I ever think about making something "real", like an app

>mfw I heard the wiyg meme more from them than from /agdg/

Dad and sister know I do it as a hobbie, both are pretty impressed with the idea so they think is cool, but they don't encourage me to keep doing it either.

You're a liar. If derive from another class that already has a declared function, magic or not, you'll get a warning telling you: ABC hides inherited member XYZ. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.

well, where is it?

Thats the crash, the program that draws the desktop background died, so whatever is drawn above it never gets painted over with your background. It just looks like its a bunch of windows because I was dragging it around.

gib feedback pls
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/174368

>paying attention to warnings
You're right, but if it can change the function of the program it should be an error, warnings are usually more inconsequential like "you declared this but never use it"

I started deving on it today as I was busy not dying. So I only have pieces of paper to show for it. But they somehow think I could dev from my phone in a hospital bed.

How would you handle actual actor location when ledge climbing?

The only idea i have right now is moving the actor first up and then forward and remove any root motion from the animation, but it feels like there should be an easier way.

No one knows my shameful secret. I am still in the closet

>not fixing every single warning

literally retarded

what the fuc are you doing my dude

i've got ur warning fix right here, mate

why do /v/ janitors allow this shit? isn't this supposed to be the containment thread?

This is a game dev community with a regular general, so it goes on Veeky Forums

The thread on /v/ is just a discussion about people who are making games

>compiler allows errors
>having a compiler at all

jannies and mods just pick and choose honestly.
If I had to guess they probably let a thread go for a bit unless it's heavily shitposted and then delete it a little before bump so it looks like theyre doing their job. As for that, it's not spammed and i only see one every few days, and god knows /v/ can use some on topic threads. It's free advertising though, so use it while you can.

Why don't you report the thread to the janitors if you think it's so bad instead of posting it on Veeky Forums?
Are you actually retarded?

Most threads get deleted based on reports alone, there's not enough janitors to actually browse every thread

A few times the mod board has had screenshots of it leaked showing mod guidelines. moot's philosophy was to be as lenient as possible with threads as long as they didn't break the rules, especially if posters were enjoying themselves or making oc, don't know what gookmoot's philosophy is

>don't know what gookmoot's philosophy is
probably nothing, i feel like he just doesnt care and lets the team just proxy admin.

>/v/ thread is pure, focused discussion of game development
>shitposting over whether the thread should even exist on Veeky Forums
pottery

Every class has a static List called Instances (each component adds/removes itself to the list in awake/ondestroy) so most of the errors are about "hides inherited member" of the parent class, same as so its just a matter of going through them all and adding new