Etrian Odyssey General

EOV DEMO IS OUT

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

If I go double Necro meme, can I give my Shaman the offensive subclass and still have sufficient healing?

If your team isn't all made of qt boys

You're not allowed to post here

Fucking faggot.

Get the fuck away from my coin.

So, which classes will need to have another race alter class?

Celestrian for ailment-focused botanists, Therian for Chain-focused Fencers, what else?

No more gays

>>Battery drained
Well deserved, faggot.

>no option to fireball the turtle or hit it with a sword back into water

What are the super MLG gamebreaking builds in V? I remember something about 4 swords Sanzu Masurao.

What do bunnies smell like?

4 katana masurao
zombie powder + equivalent exchange necros
open grave + ghost dance necros
meme builds in order of decreasing flashiness

Pick your new game

Carrots and dung.

>demo
Aw yeah!
>Brouni
Faggotry already?!

cuckoldery

Musk and lewdness

What are some truly retarded builds? I know all the memes but I want something that's creative but also makes it really hard to play through the game

punch monk

Fencer + shaman

Anime was a mistake

Nene was a mistake.

Nene was a mistake.

Nene was a mistake.

I was gonna say potato pugilist, but the one I have has been putting in work

Nene did nothing wrong

Anyone have numbers on what the difficulties do in EOV?

Only because Narushit did everything wrong in her place.

>Sun-bronzed Dragoon says "Shit"

Well someone had to catastrophically fuck up

This is my first 3DS EO game, I've only ever played EO 1, 2, and 3. I don't know if it's like this for the other 3ds titles, but does the game feel... oddly zoomed in during the labyrinths? Also something about turning and moving feels kind of stiff.

then tell your boner to go back to sleep, then movement should be more comfortable

If you're not getting your wounds licked, you neec a nee healer.

Nene did everything wrong.

I like to use boys' names with the female portraits and pretend I'm using a team of trap characters. It helps a lot that many of them have slender builds.

It's hard not to have one while playing the demo
Any other solutions?

reapers need to waste a turn before they do anything? what is this shit?

certain parts of this first stratum theme give me star wars vibes for some reason

Sheep best boy!

nightseekre was op

Damn near everything was OP in IV

>actually bothering with miasma weapon
They are there for debuffs first, status second

Thank god, now that the EoP can play the demo we can finally talk about EOV instead of just posting dumb memes.

In what region is it out? cant find it in the e-shop.

memes you say?

nvm i found it.

Auto-skills, lad. I hope you like RNG.

Yeah now people will keep asking if their build works.

no more gays

It's time, at last!

hello i am new to eo
i made party of landsknecht/fortress/dancer and medic/runemaster
how fucked am i?

that was the cookiecutter build, right?

Man left reaper really looks like she should have been loli but they just attached tits to her once her design was finalized

yeah i'm late to the party but

>save music is back

GOTYAY

does eov have a dps-focused build?

yup that works, you can never really die with that party unless you seriously fuck up. it's a bit defensive so feel free to drop some guys as you unlock new classes. I ran that party and ditched the dancer, medic, and land for the unlock classes in that order.

yes it's called 4kat

Can't wait for people to fall for the 4kat meme

how chuuni should my harbinger be

Very chunni

DARK

Gunpowder dragoon and 4katslmao. The latter requires a while party built around it to work, the former has less damage but can just work on its own
The chuuniest

How do you get the Ice Bat conditional?

On a scale of 10 in chuuni-ness, 11.

If the name doesn't induce cringe when people read it, you're not using the class correctly

I dropped my link party because it grew stale after a while, but they're perfectly viable into the post-game if you don't get bored of spamming the same few skills repeatedly until then.

4 masurao? sounds dumb

anons please that was a joke post

not 4 masurao, 1 masurao wielding 4 katanas

on the character creation screen, what do the smile, fist, WIS, etc symbols mean when looking at class skills? I think the smile means summon?

Head, arm, wis is elemt def, use your intuition

So I can't find the demo in the eshop am I retarded?

What kind of bind the skill will get shut down by and what stats it scales with.

I searched "etrian" and it's the very last one on the list.

It means those skills use head, arms or legs

Cool, thanks. Are Necromancers and Rovers the only summoning class? and can you only summon if there's an empty slot in the front row?

>he uses arabic numerals
Look at him and laugh.
dragoons can also summon, and yes.

what the fuck is a moon apple

How do I make a Sanzu party?

Get the legendary name after the second stratum

an apple from the moon moron

What if it's an apple shaped like the moon?

le milenom girl

God the voices in the V dub are awful. Do you guys think there'll be any chance of an undub like with EO2U or will it be more like EO1U?
>inb4 using voices
Leave me alone, I was excited for them.

Is the eng version encryptable?

> cool
> "with all my heart and soul"

Just because Dragoons can atack on range doesn't mean they have to be in the backline.
Classes (or races in EOV's case) with bad defence should be in the back - if they are ranged that is.
Dragoon wants to draw aggro and usually monsters preferred to attack the character with the most HP in the frontline. Should be the same in EOV.

Rover summon a dog to heal or a hawk to attack (or both but that costs a ton of TP).
Stacking healers is often not a good idea and using a Dragoon that summons (Dragoons don't NEED to summon to be viable) and a Necromancer in the same team might give you trouble since you only have 3 summon slots.

It's percentage based but it is not too much. Useful to prolong your exploration, a waste in boss battles.

If you stay with the Earthlain base they can take a hit.
In EOV race is the main thing deciding what your stats look like, base classes change nothing and legendary names only add small changes.

>Calcify Spores

it's too fucking early in the game for petrification

Dragoon can summon but they work just fine without doing so.
No, you no longer have to use the 6th slot for your summons like in EOIII. Instead you now have an extra summon row with three spaces.

Petrification has been reworked it seems.

Petrify is now an actual ailment - it falls off after a while (and after battle) and cuts physical damage taken in half.
It's no longer a glorified instant kill.

Petrification in V is not that bad, it's pretty much equivalent to having your characters be forced to defend every turn and it is over at the end of the battle

>dumb bunny gets killed by a strong breeze
How bad will it be when I go full 4kat?

Very bad. Armor now actually does something and 4kats wear none.

Time to rev up those bunkers.

Just have a dragoon bodyguard.
Dragoons even have a skill that blocks against instant death

When people tried editing the nip version (just for injecting text) it became near-unplayable. Like 5 fps, bootstrap-tier garbage. But I haven't seen any of the usual undubbers comment on it so it's unknown.

Get ready for uneven EXP bars

So lmao4kat builds are the glassiest of glass cannons?

Pretty much.
The true meme build, double necro, is just sailing over most people's heads.

Yes, so much so that they can kill your party too

Add a naked dodge Fencer into the mix and you are either high rolling or explode.

You go one sword god instead