Old thread → →
>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/ imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
fucking nothing

>Upcoming Birthdays
September 9 - Pinky
September 10 - Pecan
September 11 - Peewee
September 12 - Boone
September 13 - Moose

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
N/A

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/Camper Reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

I fucked it up real bad and didn't update the birthday section so I'll do it here.
>Upcoming Birthdays
September 14 - Ricky
September 15 - Tutu
September 16 - Ed
September 17 - Whitney
September 18 - Bubbles

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
Bug-Off this Saturday 9/16/17

Got beaten to the punch again, goddamnit.

whoa a new thread just as I get home

hey Teri what's your turnips at

To give away I have:
1 scenic painting (if you need it for your museum)
1 mortar wall (Saharah wallpaper)
1 concrete floor (Saharah flooring)
1 ruby
4 unassessed fossils

I still have Boris in my RV campsite. Would anyone like to visit him?

Can I come by for the painting and Boris?

Mine are at 130 a piece. Not a lot, but you could probably get a decent return off of em.
Re-tail is buying carpet at a premium too if you wanna sell some.

Nah, I was hoping for 400+. Might go to leddit to get rid of mine.

Someone in the last thread said theirs were going for 400+ but idr who.

Thanks again for the painting

that face

I almost made that the header pic. It's hypnotic enough to entrance people to the thread.
Step back a couple of feet there, Hans, my goodness.

It's the Cherry Blossom Festival in my town right now so I made sure to make a DA, but didn't clean up anything beforehand.

Patterns everywhere to block in movers and various saplings and ores just litter my entire town. It's sad.

Why does Nintendo continue to do direct after direct, YEAR after YEAR without anything Animal Crossing?

The mobile game was due out 2 Y E A R S ago.

My niece was born the same year new leaf was revealed in 2010. She's now in THIRD grade.
Where the hell is AC Switch/New Leaf DX/HHD Switch+/Amiibo Festival II? Where the hell is anything NEW?

You got Bonbon's picture today? Nice, I got Gruff's. Guy loves peaches but I already harvested all available trees and gave him a perfect one.
Fuckin beats me. If they're still doing stuff for 3ds, there's no reason they can't just do an update every now and again.

it was when I was on April 1 last week.
I got every pic except Hans, accidentally picked wrong one. I just went to the wiki for it.

There's people out there that do the coffee shop legit. I couldn't. It'd take you like 3 years to build up enough info on each villager's favorite.

I know I don't. I checked that shit from day one. I couldn't disappoint Brewster, I just couldn't.

What brings this up?

cute!!

They don't even wear underwear. Where are they getting it? ...Panty vending machines? Is there something on mainstreet we just don't get to see?

Special Underwear that all villagers wear that blends into their body to cover up genitals.

There is an area behind the first Nookling shop in this game.

I'm starting to get whiffs of sweet olive around town now. It smells so amazing. I wish I could bottle it and use it as an air freshener year-round.

Fun fact: Before the invention of plumbing, sweet olive bushes were planted around toilets in Japan to mask the odor.

Horrifying.
Oh, that looks so nice irl. I'd love to smell some for myself but I've yet to encounter it. I'd love if there was a way to plant jasmine in the game. White and pink asmine and trumpet flowers are heavenly.
What would you guys have growing in your town if it was available?

Ok, but then what did they use before toilet paper? Don't you dare say their hand!!!

isabelle is cute

They used seashells or sticks until the 1880s or so when the trend shifted to soft paper made of pulp.

Is Weeding Day different depending on the continent? It's on September 9th in Japan because 9 = ku and 3 = sa; "kusa" is "weed".

We are so lucky today. What if you get a splinter in your ass, huh?

>Gracie in town
>theme is flashy
>pick the first things from the store and my closet that fit the theme
This outfit sure as hell was flashy.

i want that hat

It's the skeleton hood and part of the halloween masks that are sold at able sisters throughout october. So it's quite close.
I could also just order one if you want it now.

i'll see if i can find my own

A qt.

how do you choose the perfect map? like, what's absolutely necessary for you?

no die pls

a single connected beach. when there are two separate beach areas i never end up using the one without the dock / the less accessible one. also, i try to pick unique-looking layouts, as well as get most of the buildings i use frequently close together. i try to avoid picking maps with areas i know i'm never going to go.

For starter, a beach that isn't split by the river. After that, a river that isn't too twisted and few ponds for maximum development room. Then I check if the services are in a good spot. For example, I like having Retail by the dock so I can sell shit from the island quickly.

Yay autism.

I don't like rivers that cut the map in half.

I made a list for the last time I restarted. though I had an idea going in. Having the cafe, plaza, Town hall all north near the train station. It be like a city. south of the river would where the villagers live and to the west wanted a forest. Though When i started the game all villagers lived in the west and its been a pain to get them to move.

>Retail near dock
>Lake placement/less lakes the better
>Plaza placement
>Easy beach acsess
>Town hall placement
>Where will you put bridges?

also after you start the game, you might want to ask your self, are the rock unbearable? my town has like 8 rocks.

wwyd if isabelle wanted to rub her footy because they were sore after running around the office all day?

Leif's in my town again. Looking for three people with nothing better to do for weeding help.

I'll help!

sign me up

Lemme be the third.

Okay, i'll do some quick checks and post again when gates are open. We'll gather in front of Re-Tail.

Today is the day I catch a gar. Come hell or high water, one will make its way into my museum tonight.

...they are still available, right? Every guide says they exist through September, but I just can't seem to find one at all. I know their size and where the spawn, but it's driving me nuts.

Gates are now open.

They're only catchable in the widest part of the river. I think the proper term is "holding basin"?

Arriving soonish.

Yeah, they spawn there. But every other river fish can technically spawn there too. Only a few have show up with that size shadow before and they were arapaima. Either I'm just unlucky or every guide online is lying to me lol.

Can save editors unlock Shampoodle, QR, Kicks, etc? Looking to start a new file but I don't want to spend a month unlocking that shit before I can actually have fun with the game.

yet another direct wihtout animal crossing.. why

It is on a different day outside Japan.

Anyone have ideas for which flowers/plant stuff to use for the surroundings of Drago's home. The blue is clashing horribly.

Personally I made sure I had a river that let me have sensible placements for 3 differently aligned bridges.
For example, in yours I would leave the horizontal one where it is, put a diagonal on the northwest corner, then shift the vertical one a bit to the east.

Red and yellow tulips look pretty good outside Drago's house

What should I make Marshal's new greeting?

and while I do agree, this layout for me is perfect. the west forest is just for pleasure, nothing important is over there.
its just going to be a winding path through a pretty forest and maybe a secret witch house.
I want the forest to feel isolated. and besides, with the vertical bridge where it is, its straight shot to re-tail and the dock.

"Put me in the trash."

:(

No
"Pat me on the head"

Honestly the main thing I want is to have the buildings fairly close to each other and somewhat near the strip mall and to have a very secluded place to put my house. My bridges are so that you have to walk through my entire town to get to my house and I love it. Also am I the only one that enjoys ponds? I really wish I had more. I get that it's undevelopable space but they look nice amd add variety to the layout.

I like ponds too and also wish there were more. Maybe if they were bigger or if there was a cute dock you could add to them to fish from or just cop a squat and relax.

Criteria for considering one of Rover's maps:
>Barren spot in northern acre to build house (isolated, and surrounded only by cedars)
>Town Hall directly north of the plaza
>Re-tail near tracks
>River that isn't too long, but isn't too short. Needs to have a downward facing waterfall (that feeds into the ocean.)
>No 'private beach', I don't get why that's even a thing. I need to have ramp access to both. With a ramp directly running towards the dock.
>No thin peninsulas between the river and train tracks or the river and cliff.
>At least 2 ponds, but no more than 3. Towns with just 1 feel desert-like. I prefer to have at least 1 (or 2) of those ponds near my home. But at an angle so I can still surround myself with cedars.
>No villager houses directly near/in-front of ramps. It takes like 1-2 weeks before you can start kicking villagers. Having to tolerate this feels much longer than it should.

Based off the train first arriving in town:
>Circle grass, only.
>Apples get top priority, but I will accept oranges too. Hate it when there's no fruit-bearing trees near the tracks on arrival. Though, this is just a nuisance.
>Blue Train Station (not arguable, it must be blue. I don't like the other colors or the PWP station enhancements.)

Based of 'scouting' the map after the meet-n-greet, but before confirming:
>Blue Town Hall (Again, no exceptions.)
>No rocks in wonky places. Especially none anywhere near the Town Hall or anywhere near the river (in case I get fucked over later when considering a bridge.) Random note, I absolutely hated when you would get the double-bridge with a river island quirk in ACGC, but that river island could have a fucking rock in the middle of it.
>The starting villagers don't really matter. But it helps to have at least 2 that don't look like inbred backwoods spawn.

It took over 3,700 resets (according to my 3DS) and 2 months (sometimes resetting for 5 hours daily) to get my perfect map.

This isn't mine but I think it'd be nice to try and develop a town where the plaza is dead center.

Because you didn't buy enough amiibo / cards. Maybe if you buy HHD, AF, ACNL:WA, all 452 amiibo cards and every NL-compatible amiibo, Ninty might reconsider.

>More water than Hoenn
>" be nice to try and develop"

I've had only one layout since launch day and to get it I reset maybe 6 times.

The big things for me was what others have said:
- a beach that doesn't stop in the middle
- a river that isn't full retard
- no shops that are hard to get to

and it helps that through RNG most of my houses are in a single row along the bottom, not properly reflected in this now 2 year old picture.

To give away I have:
1 mortar wall (Saharah wallpaper)
1 concrete floor (Saharah flooring)
1 mini rustoid
1 mega rustoid
1 tall oombloid
8 unassessed fossils

I have all the standard ACNL Welcome Amiibo cards and figurines. Would anyone like me to scan a villager or NPC? This is for buying furniture, not for adopting.

Lottie would be nice.
I'm gonna have to pull some wizard shit to afford all her stuff though, so maybe I'll do a few hours of filling initiatives.

I'll wait to see if anyone would like me to scan someone else in case you can't get all the MEOW coupons you need today. If no one speaks up I'll scan Lottie

Works for me.

Everything will probably be replaced with shirts by next week, but I think Gruff's house looks good now

I’m stuck in a loop of playing the game for five minutes to keep a villager in town and doing nothing else because I don’t want to do basic chores like fossils, etc.
Help me get back into AC?

Make a new town
Maybe try a different AC game

I bought HHD and played that for a while, it helped me get back into New Leaf!

i renewed my interest, at least temporarily, by redoing my town.
It's the same place, just with all new paths, different garden layout, different PWPs.

you could put your village in cryostasis and just return to it at a later date

So whatever came of that "Night and Day" stuff? I've been offline for the past day.

It was a hoax. Just an edited screenshot of SUper Smash Bros.

Wow, that's mean.

heyyy, Katie's in my town

who wants a c@

You can bring her to my town

k

Uh oh I forgot to write letters. Can you give me 10 minutes?

yeah no probs
i'll just wait

Gate's open

Zipper the creepy Easter bunny is in my campsite if anyone is interested.

Pic related but not mine.

Also Teri if you're around and free let me know!

Okay I have 5 coupons.

I will spend 5 on the Polka-Dot Wall, you can buy me the pastel low table, and that's done.

I can go without her wig. I have very little room for clothing until I make a 4th house again.

I've scanned Lottie into my RV campsite. She has HHA furniture. Would anyone like to visit her?

Gate's open

He's no a bunny though. He's a guy in a suit

maybe is a bunny in a bunny suit

>another human
>forced to live as a rabbit
I bet he accidentally killed the real Zippy.

Bunception