/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #565

''Troublemakers'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
pastebin.com/T2tQEa73
youtu.be/uxYT45OgSVE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's try not to shitpost or talk off topic this time. Thank you.

EPISODE 2 WHEN

Happy belated birthday Kate

>amberprice-themed thread after so many unbroken pricefield threads
You disappoint me.

:(

I was just about to thank the OP for finally getting over their bias for once

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Bias toward Max/Chloe isn't a bad thing.

Alice pasta where are you

There's nothing wrong with amberprice.

Chloe is #1

Reminder that Rachel Amber is a snake who manipulates Chloe, encourages her worst tendencies, and later tries to leave Arcadia Bay without her, betrays her, fucks Frank behind her back, and gets murdered.

Reminder that Max brings out the best in Chloe while Rachel brings out the worst. Reminder that Max is better than Rachel.

Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of strawberry juice.

I don't take Amberprice as a ''threat'' to Pricefield or anything like that.

It kinda is when you insist on being the OP for every thread? this is "/life is strange general/" not "/pricefield general/". A new Life Is Strange game is currently coming out that has nothing to do with pricefield and there's lots of new fanart and meme pics to use. At least use the neutral ones.

Just going off episode 1, Amberprice and Pricefield feel like opposites to me. Max and Chloe grow as people when they're together and temper the worst aspects of each other. Rachel, on the other hand, actively encourages Chloe to pursue her destructive and amoral instincts.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>gets murdered.

I never understood why people list that as a "character flaw"

She didn't choose to get murdered or even leave Chloe

It will be worth the wait

Oh no don't start a discourse with the resident sperg, not worth it

I just listed it not because it's a character flaw per se, but because it's a great conclusion to her story.

Why are there so many shitposters, Rachel fags gtfo please and thank you.

How is Max tempering Chloe's worst instincts when she just follows her around whatever it is that Chloe wants to do?
Even if she protests she does whatever Chloe ends up deciding for them anyway. Play with guns at the junkyard? Lie on the train tracks? break into school pool? Let her go on a murder rampage? Even the choices you actually can make as Max (not shoot Frank, not steal the money) only result in Chloe being pissed at Max (yes, blah blah she gets over it but you still lose Chloe points that you need if you want them to get closer).
And what does Rachel even does that "encourages Chloe's worst instincts?". She gets her to skip school once and steal a bottle of wine together (big deal when Chloe stole $200 just few hours ago) with absolutely no remorse.

Never forget.

They're just shitposters. They just found a somewhat better character to shitpost about than Warren.

They're just trying to diminish the love that Chloe had for Rachel, which can never be erased.

As you shouldn't, it's just a person or two who switch their shit flinging target from Rachel to Max to Rachel and so on depending on their mood or something in order to pit pricefieldfags andd amberpricefags against each other

Hmm.

Max is uncomfortable with the gun and clearly doesn't want Chloe to use it (she's fine with it when they're shooting bottles because that's all they're shooting - bottles). Lying on train tracks is usually safe enough, Chloe just happened to be stupid enough to put her foot by a switcher. Breaking into the pool hurt no one and did no damage. Even if you steal the money, Max feels bad about it and clearly lets Chloe know she's uncomfortable doing it.
The most memorable (though not most significant) example that comes to mind is when Chloe is raging about Rachel and William at the end of episode 3 and Max calls her out for it. Max also calls out Chloe when Kate calls her in episode 2. She lets Chloe know she doesn't like her hanging out with Frank. She keeps Chloe under control when they're trying to get Frank's logbook. She makes Chloe understand that David is /ourguy/. Those are just a few random examples I thought back to. See what I'm getting at? Before Max came along, Chloe existed in an insular bubble. She was selfish and had no motivation to empathize with everyone around her and act responsibly. Max provided that motivation. And on the flipside, Chloe helps pull Max out of her self-consciousness.
>and what does Rachel even does that "encourages Chloe's worst instincts?"
Yeah, she got Chloe to skip school, steal from people, and get drunk. Those are her major contributions to the plot of episode 1. Wow, so upstanding.

Maybe it wasn't "erased", but it was badly and permanently damaged the moment Chloe found out that Rachel had been lying to her.

I was actually thinking about this the other day
In S1 Max can get hugged by Chloe 4 times, but one of these hugs come free
The first time she can hug Max at the junkyard, but only if you chose to shoot Frank.
The second time, after you save her from the train, but only if you managed to do it without destroying the tracks.
The third one in Wells' office, but only if you tell her it's okay to steal the money.
The last one, at the pool, but only if you manage to escape from the guards same way as her.

And then there's the entire thing how whether they kiss/embrace in the ending depends on how much of an enabler you were to her (whether you lied for her about the weed, whether you answered Kate's phone, if you shot Frank and if you let her stole the money).

Chloe's affection-meter towards Max is build entirely on how much Max manages to be the person Chloe wants her to be.

>tfw no brooke fags
where you guys at?

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

They're all Stephfags now.

You're late.

Oh, and of course, Rachel starts a forest fire because she was mad. Not that that really has to do with her negatively impacting Chloe, it's just another way she's a piece of shit.

You are judging her based on one episode.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Oh shit, you're right. I'm judging her based on actions that she did. Very unfair of me.

I don't think Rachel only encourages Chloe's worse behavior, but Rachel doesn't help Chloe like Max does.
Even after Rachel disappeared, Chloe is caught up on the past and blaming others. Thanks to Max, she finally sees the truth about things and learns to stop blaming herself and others and focus on the future.

There are some people who just want to post Rachel/Chloe images and talk about what they saw in each other, which is fine. But you're entirely right that there's a few people who just want to stir shit.
Everyone who paid attention and actually cares about the characters can see Rachel was something that was good for Chloe during a very rough time when she was losing faith and seeing things get worse and worse, but Max is Chloe's soulmate and they will always end up together. If she were there in person, Rachel would be cheering them on.

>Rachel starts a forest fire because she was mad

I don't think that was intentional. Do I think she cared about the consequences? Probably not, but it still wasn't intentional.

I know. Sorry.

Eh, better late than never.

Last night i had a vivid Nightmare about Chloe and it's making it hard to go to sleep

Yep. By the beginning of season 1, Chloe is more insular and unwilling to accept criticism than ever, and Max completely turns that around after only a week.

She lit the contents of the trash can on fire and kicked the can toward the tree. She showed no concern when it suddenly blazed up. She clearly didn't care.

Wise as always, Kate. I shall try to follow your advice.

Look on the bright side honey, you've made a new friend today.

>tfw Rachel will never look at me that way
Why even fucking live

Prob 25-28 October so clear your calendar

>Breaking into the pool hurt no one and did no damage.
They were inches from getting caught and David had to lie for Chloe again at the police station. They would get arrested if they were caught. Chloe would be jailed or fined for breaking into a private property and Max would lose her scholarship and probably get expelled.
>Max feels bad about stuff and lets Chloe know she's uncomfortable doing it.
And yet Chloe either does the thing anyway or gets moody
>Max also calls out Chloe when Kate calls her in episode 2.
I mean, she doesn't . She only asks how long is Chloe gonna be pissed at her. She calls her out in her journal but not to her face.
>She keeps Chloe under control when they're trying to get Frank's logbook.
She literally has one opportunity to tell her to be nicer, which doesn't even work. Whether you succeed in getting Frank to your side depends entirely on Max and the moment you say something wrong Chloe starts barking at him like a madman even if you told her its gonna end badly.
>She makes Chloe understand that David is /ourguy/.
Literally when? She has one opportunity to side with him, and Chloe hates her if she does it.

>Yeah, she got Chloe to skip school, steal from people, and get drunk.
These are all the things Chloe does anyway, how is it worse now that she does them with someone else? Rachel asks her nicely if she wants to go with her. It's not like she forcefully drags her or uses emotional manipulation. She offers her the wine but Chloe doesn't need to drink. Also Rachel's character arc seems to be getting inspired by Chloe's "doesn't give a fuck" attitude because she's tired of playing the perfect girl, so if anyone's influencing anyone it's Chloe influencing Rachel.

Glad you're understanding.

It's okay, user/Max. Chloe is okay. She's more than okay, she's happy.
Look at some cute pictures of her and then go back to sleep to have better dreams.

Last night I had a vivid dream about Chloe and it also made it hard for me to go to sleep, if you catch my drift.

t. Max Caulfield

Chloe doesn't know that feel

It didn't help that Rachel was missing either and Chloe was facing multiple possibilities about where she went and each were worse than the last.
Chloe may have steeled herself during the time she was alone and the time she knew Rachel, but she hadn't matured very much. She arguably hits her lowest when she learns Rachel lied to her, but from that point on there's a pretty clear improvement in Chloe, thanks to Max.
I wouldn't say Chloe was better off never knowing Rachel, but I will say and always believe that Rachel and Chloe were never going to succeed in something longterm other than friendship.

Indeed she doesn't

>pool stuff
Fair enough, Max went along with Chloe's plan that time... though as Chloe repeatedly pointed out, there are very few situations where Max couldn't have used her powers to get them out of trouble.
>Literally when?
Literally in episode 5, you brainless amoeba. Max tells Chloe that David saved her from the Dark Room; that's why Chloe is willing to go tell David to arrest Jefferson.

>These are all things Chloe does anyway
a) She wasn't going to do them before Rachel asked her to.
b) By endorsing her behavior, Rachel has let Chloe know that *she* has no moral qualms with ditching and stealing. Chloe's even less likely to take a moral stance on those issues in the future because Rachel implicitly told her that they're fine things to do.

Not everybody gets to be happy, user.

Agreed.

>Feels On Wheels

Everyone is arguing over Rachel, but we all know who Chloe really needs

=kek

>pastebin.com/T2tQEa73

tl;dr

>There's a Wells confrontation at the beginning of the episode, Chloe either gets expelled from Blackwell and Rachel gets suspended from the play.
>Chloe visits the junkyard, finds her infamous truck and tries to repair it. She falls asleep and later gets woken up by Rachel. They seem to decorate their lil junkyard shack with stuff they each brought. Then talk about stuff. Then Rachel goes back to Blackwell
>Chloe somehow bumps into Frank and Rachel's dad lover
>A confrontation with Eliot takes place somewhere between the Junkyard and the Play parts
>Also Chloe and Steph bond over their shared lesbianism
>Chloe somehow ends up as an actor in The Tempest
>Also note that it's possible for Rachel to be suspended from the play
>They possibly go to Rachel's house after the play where we get to know Rachel's parents
>There's a kiss somewhere in between the second part of the episode
>There should be a part when they drive off to have an adventure as indicated by the promo art and earlier leaks but so far it's hard to deduce when will that take place

>Deleted Taylor conversation
youtu.be/uxYT45OgSVE

>Future conversation between Chloe and Rachel
Pic related.
Rachel's suspended from play
Rachel:Shit.It's play time.Gotta go clean my dressing room for Victoria.Not exactly the role I thought I'd be playing tonight.Oh well.
So... they won't go Frank together,Chloe will go there alone and also encouter with Rachel's daddy's hooker during this time.She will gather stuff for her truck (and confrontation with Damon will happen at this moment) after she saved her ass, she will get message from Steph and will go to the play.

Now now, let's not get carried away. Steph is cool, though.

>Max tells Chloe that David saved her from the Dark Room; that's why Chloe is willing to go tell David to arrest Jefferson.
Oh so you mean that moment when Chloe literally wouldn't give a fuck what Max says until she broke down crying and tell her all the horrors she just went through?
Ok.

>By endorsing her behavior, Rachel has let Chloe know that *she* has no moral qualms with ditching and stealing.
Also they are two stupid teenagers. Rachel is literally 15 years old in BtS. She doesn't need to act a fully adjusted adult to provide moral compass for Chloe since she's neither an adult, nor someone who isn't lost in her own shit and trying to figure it out.
Not like skipping some classes and drinking a bottle of wine are any outragous offences anyway though.

>reminder that Max tells Chloe about her powers after like 3 hours
>Rachel never tells Chloe about her powers at all
Great friendship huh, full of trust

I love Rachel but lmfao

>Implying Rachel has powers other than the ability to steal hearts

Shows the difference between the two. Max and Rachel have some stuff in common and areas where they are very different.

if you check the earlier thread, idiotic leak user shared all of these with SE staff.

What powers.
Even if she's a weather controlling banshee she probably doesn't have any idea.

>Oh so you mean that moment blah blah blah
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Max changed her mind about David and she got Chloe to do the same.

Ah yes, she's 15. She's totally forgiven for being a manipulative, spiteful, forest-burning piece of shit.

>>Chocolate milk stealers get wrecked.

>lots of wind whenever I'm mad
>"lol probably just a coincidence"
Though maybe you're right and she's just retarded and never made the connection.

Is Rachel a psycho?

She clearly has scream powers as an on-the-nose nod to Laura Palmer

Good morning /lisg/

maybe she didn't want to freak her out

WHERE IS NEW EPISODE I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

>>Photohog

Morning user

How mad would you be if nuclear war broke out before the episode was released

>I'm not sure what you're getting at. Max changed her mind about David and she got Chloe to do the same.
I'm getting at the fact that Chloe isn't even interested in hearing what Max has to say until she tells her she went through multiple realities to go back while breaking down crying. In other context she wouldnt want to hear her reason. And wow, Chloe decided David isnt that much of a dick after she learned he saved her friend and her own self from being murdered. Huge acomplishment indeed.

> She's totally forgiven for being a manipulative, spiteful, forest-burning piece of shit.
The whole manipulation shit is a meme, i dont see how is she spiteful? That moment she tells Chloe shes leaving after Chloe went ham on her ass? Putting the tree on fire, was dumb but I seriously doubt she intended for the entire forest to catch on fire.
No, her being 15 doesn't absolve her from everything she does, but judging her as if she were a grown up isn't fair.
Which you'd understand if you didn't have such a raging hateboner for her because you are such a sad shipperfag.

Have you ever met a girl that's not?
Who cares she's a qt.

Who says this didnt happen for the first time?
If wind happened to start blowing when you were mad would you assume your mood actually controls the weather?
You'd start telling people about it ?

pic related

Oh no

>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I honestly don't understand why he'd do something like that. Now SE probably has him by the balls and is blackmailing him

>Rachel is going to rock Chloe's world in episode 2

Mornin', get yourself a good breakfast and look at some cute images to start the day.

That was a hella cute moment. Knowing they get to wakeup next to each other everyone morning like that makes me smile :D

not him but, whenever she screamed she created a wind. we know for sure that there's something *deep* about her family, this ''dark secret'' gets mentioned in game's description like everytime.

i guess Chloe suspected from something but she never asked it directly nor Rachel never brought it up to not freak her out and hide it as secret.

Every morning.
Not 'everyone morning', maybe I should go to sleep...

Then she didn't know Chloe very well, because Chloe doesn't freak out at Max's powers very much. Besides, Rachel had three years to figure out a way to tell Chloe, but she didn't. No matter how you look at it, Rachel comes off looking untrusting of Chloe.

I'm not sure why you're pointing our that Chloe didn't want to listen. Part of the point is that Max *did* get her to listen.
>don't see how she's spiteful
Destroyed a forest because her dad was cheating on her mom
>That moment she tells Chloe she's leaving after Chloe went ham
I never said she was in the wrong for leaving then. She really wasn't.
>seriously doubt she intended for the entire forest to catch on fire
She kicked a bunch of fire straight at the tree. Either she did it intentionally and wanted it to burn or she's literally retarded.

She has three years before she's killed. Presumably she's going to get mad at some point in that span and create more wind. If she doesn't make the connection at some point, she's an idiot. If she does and doesn't tell Chloe, then she doesn't trust or care about Chloe all that much, certainly not as much as Max.
>You'd start telling people about it?
I'd tell people I trust enough. She didn't tell Chloe. Max did.

woah i remember this

>but what if the "criminally fun" thing she wants to do with Chloe after the play is actually to set another forest on fire

Rachel screams once and the wind is drawn to the fire and makes it grow. That's understandable and could be said to be the fire sucking in the air.
It happening two times, both right as Rachel screams, is what makes it stand out. There's also some force at work since Chloe was getting prophetic dreams similar to the ones Max got at the start of the week of the storm.