docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/626329187110608517/
youtube.com/watch?v=I7ceG3WgxII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post weaponfu

If I remember right, they stop at the shore, so you can stand there and jump attack them.

Also, keep an eye to the left, for some reason there's a mage on your side of the shore who's curled up in a corner there, I think she's trying to ambush you but you can just face rape her before she becomes a problem.

wished it had all the npc's attacks

Also GS of Judgement
It just looks better than MLGS to me

this one or BKS

can't get dsfix to work
unlockfps crashes the game on start, changing resolution doesn't work (stuck to 1920x1080 even though ingame settings are different) and the rest of options have no effect
the only thing that works is skip intro
i don't even get the title screen to say "dsfix enabled"
i get like 15 fps on the bridge in undead parish
can anyone help?

steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/626329187110608517/ ?

FC when?

>kill the Capra demon
>have 11k souls
>decide to explore the depths
>nearly die a few times due to recklessness
>decide to be more careful
>get killed 30 seconds later by a slime trap

RIP

It's only a punishment if you feel like it's a punishment. If you go into it knowing that invasion is a part of the game and prepare yourself for that fact, then... It's just part of the game. There are dozens of co-op hack and slash games to play, but they chose to play the one with invasions and then get salty when invasions happen.

This is the entire problem I have with the whole thing. If you don't like invasions, then you basically don't like Dark Souls 3, complaining about it is like complaining that your lasagna has pasta in it. You can play offline, but that's like eating beef mince sauce with cheese and calling it lasagna - It's just not the full meal.

Nonsensical metaphors aside, my point is basically thus: If you are not enjoying a game, then you are free to stop playing that game. Don't try to force it to be something that it isn't.

how do i get better at using spells

are they really just for baiting out rolls when you're playing against people who aren't shitters?

i am a shitter myself and i always feel ineffectual as a spellcaster, just constantly missing whatever i throw at someone

i mean you don't even really have to not be a shitter to dodge spells well enough, haven't played much pvp so far (only just got ps+ recently) and pretty much everyone i've gotten invaded by/invaded as aldrich faithful was able to easily roll out of all my spells

Make sure that they're distracted before you chuck a Crystal Soul Spear at them, or use smaller stuff like Great Farron Dart and Homing Soul Arrow.

your point is that shitters feeling entitled and having those entitlements btfo by invaders is making them salty

it's a pretty good point

it's also a point that will be ignored, because a good 70% of the dark souls audience at this point is entitled shitters who don't want to be challenged, they want to be jerked off by videogames and told how special they are

but what could they possibly be distracted by and how would i know if they're distracted?

i'm not really talking about pvp with co-op, it's not nearly as hard to hit someone with a spell when they're busy worrying about someone else

guy is called leonardo
pretty cool
should I summon him ?

He be thicc, so sure.

Did I min/max hard enough with this build?

what are you using? gear and spells

youtube.com/watch?v=I7ceG3WgxII

I cant beat the shitty cat boss in ds2 dlc, for some reason this boss is impossible to beat for me
is there some cheese strategy?

windows said i can't turn off dep for darksouls.exe but i managed to turn it off for data.exe which switched to "DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION executable"
still laggy as fuck in the usual lag areas

I'm thinking about just switching from to 80 range to 100 on my main pvp character. It'll allow me to increase my str and vig a bit more. 120 for this build seems pointless though.

Does 100 have lots of those crazy pontif free for alls/team battles. I still get some of those in the 80 range but not nearly as much as 50-60ish.

I'm just worried that if i increase my sl to 100 I wont be able to troll solo shitters in arch dragon peak and untended graves that much anymore.

That's the whole problem. If a guy sees you casting a soul arrow, he's going to be ready to dodge no matter what.

You can try to mix shit up with homing soulmasses and turning your back on them, but by and far you're mainly just praying that they fuck up and that your hypermode CSS can kill them in one shot.

>be Grave Warden Agdayne
>be chilling in the dark at Undead Crypt with Grave Warden bros
>human pops up with a torch
>warn them that light, and all those who bear it, are unwelcome in this place
>human proceeds to light the entire Crypt
>tfw

what death grips song is the most souls-esque?

beware? come up and get me?

One, or two? Just roll around to his side and punish him one hit at a time. He's much the same as other bosses where you dodge his attacks and punish, but he's also very good at getting past your shield so you're better off doing without.

his sign disappeared, appeared again later near where you get invaded by the npc, (where the avelyn is hidden) and when I summoned him he just crystal'd out
okay

So apparently dark souls games are on sale on steam right now. Dark souls 2 bundle and the scholar of the first sin bundle are on sale for 9.99(US).

Which one should I get?

i think scholar is better than vanilla overall but theres some dumb shit in it like adding 5 million more alonne knights to the iron keep and putting a fucking dragon outside old dragonslayer

Im playing as a mage character without a shield so most of his hits insta kill me, and some of his attacks have very weird hitboxes

I only ever see people in Fallen Knight set use these.

I only played vanilla ds2 without the DLC, but I played on ps4 originally (or ps3, whatever), and I want to play with a friend on PC so buying another version.

You say it's better overall minus some stupid stuff, so I guess I'll go with that?
I mean, 10 dollars for the entire game isn't a bad deal.

>get invaded
>stomp the guy
>see the guy as a sunbro sign right afterwards
what do

Respec for this boss. He takes roughly zero damage from magic.

yeah cant go wrong with scholar, the strengths outdo the weaknesses imo

dont forget the 50 heide knights before the dragon

question for you all, I've done DeS and pretty much Das, finishing up at the moment, but i've never played 2 before (and I already have it)

are there differences I should be aware of? is left handed still "viable"? if i make an archer or pure mage will I die repeatedly?

summon him

IM ALIVE
FINALLY WE HAVE POWER
Shame it was so weak...

summon and black crystal home

Ds2 plays very differently. It's a slower paced rpg where you have to take your time, change your build, adapt to the environment, and use every tool given to you. It's got lots of potential, but it can be very frustrating if you don't play it to its strength, and it has some glaring flaws. Try it out, but don't try to play it like DaS. I haven't played Demon's so I can't speak for it.
Imagine it's a completely different game. You'll have to manage resources, look at damage and armor types, change your build accordingly and commit to your actions. I love it, but it's not for everyone.
Also, level adaptability.

>DaS3, vanilla DaS2 and SotFS are all on sale
>DaS1 is not
What retarded faggotry is this from Bamco?

And to answer your question, get Scholar of the First Sin, unless you own an absolute toaster that cannot run DX11.

Alright, thank you.
Was going to buy the DLC for a friend, but since the DLC is the same as the scholar bundle pack, I think I'll just get that instead.

Thanks friend.

hyper mode? what's that? like when you cast at a bad time and the guy runs in to swipe you but doesn't get to you in time to interrupt your cast so it hits him point blank?

i mainly use chaos bed vestiges and great chaos firebal/black fire orb, sometimes switch it up with using miracle shit (sunlight spear or lifehunt scythe only pretty much) or sorcery shit (css, old moonlight mainly)

i have every sorcery/pyromancy and most miracles and my char is high enough soul level to switch between them without a respec (50 int/fth) but i'm still shit

as for gear i usually just wear whatever armor i can get away with under 70% depending on how heavy the weapon i want to use is, like if i'm using the demons scar it's light as fuck so i just wear havels armor but if i want to enchant a murakumo or something i usually wear iron dragonslayer armor

and my rings are usually ring of favor + 3, chloranthy + 3, havels ring +3/jailers chain, sage ring or that ring that boosts rolling invincibility

probs gonna stop using sage ring because i don't really notice a difference in casting time now (at like 47 dex)

pure mage is better in ds2 than ds1 but not as good as des

left handed is possible, theres even one weapon that has unique moves when equipped in the left hand

DeS had a bit of the damage type switching so I get that, but what do you mean change your build?? can you respec in 2?

It's misleading terminology, but the way you're "supposed" to play a sorcerer is to stack all the +spell damage shit you can (Young Dragon, Bellowing Dragoncrest, Crown of Dusk, Sc**lar's Candlestick offhand) and then try to kill enemies in a single shot of Crystal Soul Spear.

i've only played ds2 and ds3, but are the strengths you mention about ds2 really not aspects of ds1? seems like pretty general shit for a souls game to me

>pure mage is better in ds2 than ds1
Wrong. Magic requires no stamina and is faster in DS1, making it easily second best after DeS. The absolute best if you count dark magic.

>if i make an archer or pure mage will I die repeatedly?
>will i die repeatedly
Yes.

can anyone help?

You get respecs, but I meant, like, adapt to your environment. Use a different weapon, always have a bow, try out magic or miracles, get elemental resistances and stuff. A jack-of-all-trades build with 20 in each stat can actually do very well in ds2.
You don't need to adapt much to anything in ds1 and 3, do you ? I hardly ever use consumables in either of them, never need to change weapons or rings, and just stick to one build from the beginning to the end.

Would disagree, magic in 1 can be a bitch to get started, but it breaks the balancing completely.
Bosses and normal enemies alike melt to soul spear/crystal soul spear and dark bead is beyond broken

that's lame as fuck though

i mean killing someone with one spell is pretty satisfying in the moment but overall it seems depressing

guess i was going off a pvp perspective, mages seemed a lot better in ds2 pvp than they did in ds1 in my experience

pve it probably is as you say

casting tools cap at 40/45 and/or 60, but only with 60 and boost rings can you do good dmg. casting speed caps at 50dex.
as a dedicated caster you should focus only on 1 school of magic

if you can't make a hybrid spell tool (like demon scar) work with your casting I don't even know what to tell you. go watch some tutorial on YT

well haven't played ds1, but yeah what you said about 3 mostly rings true

but that's how i played ds2 as well, with the exception that i used more consumables in ds2 because lifegems etc

i finished the game (ds2) on my first playthrough as a cleric without relying on almost anything other than lightning spears, same for sorcerer in my next playthrough

what you said about the game is definitely true, there are many different ways to play it, but i just feel that it's like dark souls 3 in the sense that it doesn't really force you to try everything out that much

in general i feel like ds3 is harder than ds2, i'm pretty sure i never even felt like i had to look up a bosses/enemies resistances or anything like that in ds2

>caring about 11k souls
Iol

I mostly play like that as well, but the game becomes a lot more enjoyable if you try to change your playstyle depending on the area, use burrs and stuff, get some throwing knives, have a bow with you, some kind of magic... There's also durability to manage, the torch system that makes you forgo your shield, and the fact that some bosses are a lot hellish to do with some damage types
you can sword&board it just as well as the others, it can just prove to be more difficult and less enjoyable overall
t. did ng+ red smelter demon with bks

>invade
>spend like 15 minutes searching for the host
>a phantom and a red dies in the time I'm looking
>finally find host

absolutely tragic

>10 minutes running after a guy
>then he kills me
I fucking hate pvp with a passion of three million exploding suns. Why do I have to do it for a trophy, why?!

DaS2 PvP int+some faith for hexes and pyromancy and rest into dex or
40 dex + hexes as the second?

I'm enjoying Warped Sword and RR but I'm just a low level so far, would they be viable in PvP or is PvP for 1 hit ko huge str weapons like it used to be in DaS1? I heard I can be any level I want to be in PvP but around 150 would be the best. Is that true?

I noticed this too, even without the dark magics, one shotting everything in lost izalith with stacks of homing, once you hit 50 magic and boost it a touch you've already basically done the game.

it gets tricky when you try to level all of this with a low as possible no extra vit build though.

Welcome to sorceries. If you want something different you can go Dex-Int, your spells won't hit nearly as hard and you'll have access to some decent weapons overall.

How do I make a cute girl in Dark Souls 1?

by lowering your standards

Give her short hair.

>undead arena vs character named Chad Thunder Coc
>kill him
>comes back to life with full health mid death animation and shoots 3000 gnaws at me instantly
i chuckled

got my sign down in oolacile
let us duel

forgot pic

>DS3 Artorias sword is the version corrupted by the Abyss
>Does extra damage to abyssal creatures

10/10
He's doing his cosplay right.

>if you can't make a hybrid spell tool (like demon scar) work with your casting I don't even know what to tell you. go watch some tutorial on YT

you mean it should be easier to find openings to land a spell with a hybrid weapon, right? because you don't have to switch over and can seamlessly go from an r1 or something into a spell? so should i be focusing on trying to use it like a normal weapon, as if i don't have any spells, until i make an opening with the scar?

thanks for the chart though

but is it really better to focus on one school of magic? what downsides are there other than it being harder to manage different catalysts in the middle of a fight? i mean you would lose out on some damage if you went for a catalyst like crystal chime to cast miracles/sorceries, but if you ran into someone with high lightning or magic defense, wouldn't that lost damage be irrelevant in comparison to being able to switch to something they're weaker to?

>Got a grip and forced myself to progress the Grand Archives
>Angry because of the shit mage and recycled ideas
>This place is a fucking maze
>Get to the rooftops, encounter the first gargoyle, take care of it
>See another one
>Shoot him with a bow, he fucking disappears
>Proceed, see a gargoyle, think it's the one that'd disappeared, engage him, the idiot charges and flies off of the rooftop and down where the corvian assholes are, can't get back up
>Get to the top, two jewel bugs, both fuckers escape me because I'm not too good
>Save&quit, reload, TWO GARGOYLS RIGHT NEXT TO ME
>Get to the dust, open kick the ladder down, sprint back up, see pic related
>Save&quit, reload, stuck forever on loading screen
>Alt-F4 turns my main monitor into a black screen
>Ctrl+Shift+Esc does nothing
>Ctrl+Alt+Del, start task manager, can't see it
>Have to mash Alt-F4 until I close down every single thing

T-thanks From.

I think 64 end is excessive but fast rolling with such heavy armor on is pretty cool

>that picture
deepest lore

You deserved it, faggot.

at level I was at it was worth 4 levels

4 LEVELS!

Since DS1

I feel your pain user I've never gotten to god levels of DS1, the feeling of losing your hard-earned souls is ruff

>looks cool
>feel cool using it
>WA gives it a sexy purple tip
>blunt damage R2s
>FP succ

It was kinda shitty in DeS

just get 20k and open the forest and join them, its suffering but occasionally you'll get enough souls to level up 20 times in a row.

1000 times faster than grinding.

yes. sure pick a normal weapon and some non-scaling spells (go to a wiki)
you're not going to swap sorcery boost rings for miracle boost rings in the middle of the fight. stick to one or don't bother with casting

I feel like it's the only polehammer alongside the Lucerne.
Very nice.

>perform a beautifully timed plunging attack to insta-kill a phantom
>get stuck in a corner like a retard 10 minutes later and die to the host + buttbuddy

Goddamn I really need to get a greatbow on this character so I can get them to fuck off from bonfires.

this chain disappears when you step in
is it the one that leads back to the duke's archives ?

>not liking one of the best areas in DS3

I mean, it does look cool, feels cool, it's just one too many things ripped out of DS1 and I would really like to finish the run on this piece of shit character.

>dukes
>das2
what

I think a bunch of the elevator chains go up infinitely, so if you do an area transition (e.g., Iron Keep into Belfry Sol in this case) they instantly disappear.

Archives are a well adjusted and finely optimized area.

D-did I do ok? This is on ps3 btw thats why I had to take a picture.

>doesn't know about the flying ladder in duke's that leads to iron keep

Never played Demon's Souls