/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #934 - Shocked Blaze Edition
>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrrBVPc-qrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blaze is dead.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Wow we were at 800 posts already?

FAST

youtube.com/watch?v=WrrBVPc-qrA

New Trailer with Subtitles added

Fucking DENIED

The real villain in Sonic is a fat manchild asshole who wastes his 300iq in building amusement parks because he had no childhood or something.

One tone bodies is stupid.

I do hope that Sonic goes back to having more humans in his world, or even allowing you to pick human as a race for Forces 2.

sega stop the muh green hill zone bullshit already

Feet I don't hate. Nice.

Yes please.

But aren't you NOSTALGIC

Mankind is dead.
Big is dead.
María is dead, again.
Mighty is dead.
Omega is dead.

>have a detailed nude Blaze drawn
>could just make the naughty bits featurless and it'd be sfw
Sonic style is kind of genius.

>María
Go to bed, Jose.

Okay I laughed.

Who /mightybros/ here?

Best recolor.

that's lewd

>Playable human.
Could be interested, but the fandom would throw a collective bitch fit.

J-Jesus Christ user
Silver is p-pure! Pure!!!!

Periods are the worst.

Will it be possible to make best hedgie in Forces?

There aren't many hair style options as far as I know.

I sure hope so

really digging the feet. artist?

It would remove the OC stigma bit.

What do you like about Manic? Underground as a whole isn't well regarded.

>mightybros

Let's discuss one of the best 2D Sonic games and the true Sonic 4 - Sonic Advance

He's the most developed character of the show while Sonia is nothing but a spoiled little princess and Sonic is... actually totally discarded (I still like the interactions between the three characters which was the best thing in this show). Manic had a nice backstory, good episodes, and is the most conscious character about the overall plot of fighting against Robotnik.

>Underground as a whole isn't well regarded
Not the best show by far but it still has his fans, Cybershell comments got flooded when he dissed the series.

Amy's moveset was fantastic there. The animations in all Advance games were the best in the series, too

>mario's movement is momentum base with no limit to how fast he can go if you figure out how to speed him up
okay what the fuck sega

There's a few things Advance 1 did to make it feel like more of a Sonic 4 than Mania:
>adding a new character
>letting you start by Act instead of by Zone
>adding new moves for every character
>adding little nuances like Knuckles being able to float on top of water

But there's also a lot of things it did to regress from Sonic 3K that Mania did better:
>lack of elemental shields
>no level transitions at all
>special stage system regressed to a worse one
>only 6 zones
>no Super Sonic in levels

Overall I'd say both Mania and Advance 1 are lacking when it comes to feeling like true successors to Sonic 3 even though they're both great games.

Manic episode with the baby was really good, it made me feel.

Odyssey is truly the Sonic game we need and deserve.

I want a Sonic Advance series successor.

Same. I can't stand how it's mocked by people who can't even be bothered to watch the series but want to keep up with the epic memes. The episode was actually written by Len Janson, who's more or less the original creator of SatAM.

He's actually a really unconventional character especially for the Sonic series. Manic has a lot of reasonable flaws which is one of my favorite ways of writing a main character. Also I actually like the punk style he has

As the other user said, Sonia was pretty much boring and sonic was Sonic.

>Underground as a whole isn't well regarded

I tend to like pretty off the matter shit like it so eh. I can see why it's not appealing though

>Mario hitting a girl

Would anyone hate a Sonic game with a clear 80s metal aesthetic?

It really upsets me when idiots talk shit about a show or franchise they know nothing about because they watched a wacky youtuber farting ignorance on camera.
One Underground could've done better were the mobian designs, they felt quite un Sonic.

She's his ex.

Sounds like creative & novel idea. I would totally fucking into it. Super niche though

Most people are kind of dumb unfortunately. I've never been the type to listen to people like this but a lot of people are. Pretty weird.

Literally all Sega needs to do is take Utopia's momentum based 3D gameplay and make games around that.
Speedrun/boost/adventure gameplay is shit and always will be.

>mobian
there's that word again

>implying Mario had a girlfriend when he has his gay brother

I'm more of a /forgottencharacterbrofag/ myself since I want all the forgotten characters featured in pic related to return for modern Sonic game.

So I guess I'm a /mightybro/ by default then.

>wacky youtuber farting ignorance
nailed it

Also I agree, most Mobians looked like some kind of monster slimes. Spooky. I prefer normal animals but I guess playing surreal designs in the end of the 90s was the trend.

I'm always really fucking into obscure characters or forgotten characters especially since they have more unusual designs and quirks than the main characters. I wouldn't mind ANY OF THEM showing back up.

My personal opinion: Fang > Mighty > Bark = Bean > Ray > Honey > Tiara

If they were to do that they would have to make sure the level design is nothing like utopia since needlessly big levels are a pain if its just a point A to point B game which is the only way Sonic can work.

The sprites were excellent, but I doubt we'll see anything like it in the future sadly.

>No Big
>No Blaze
>No Marine
>No Cream
>No Master Emerald

>No Super Emeralds
>No Tikal

>No Master Emerald
Go play Knuckles in Mania already.

Interesting. Can you expand on it a bit more?

I enjoy Adventure & Boost gameplay, tbqh

>Literally all Sega needs to do is take idtech2 momentum based 3D gameplay and make games around that.
ftfy

>point A to point B game which is the only way Sonic can work.
You're creatively bankrupt, and in fact most of the problems with the franchise comes from that creatively bankrupt idea.

You guys need to realize that a lot of shit in Utopia is as is because it's not a full game, it's just a showcase of gameplay design.

Oh so tell me again how Sonic CD is the most loved and well designed of the Classic games. Oh wait.

>Implying the Master Emerald has a important rol in Mania like S3K or Sonic Adventure
If that's the case, then Fang, Bark and Bean are not forgotten because the Egg Robo uses illusions of they

The only way I would accepts a non A to B Sonic game is if they dropped the speed gimmick and focused on making Sonic the tightest controlling character since Mario

Is fanart of Bump and Sage meeting other OCs frowned upon until Forces?

Ok what the fuck

I don't think it's never really been talked about, outside of Bump & Sage being the only mascots

Not to mention, Utopia is kinda overrated

If the Master Emerald was in Hidden Palace Zone, why the Angel Island falls in Sonic story in S3K?

>Utopia is kinda overrated
As a gameplay concept, it's underrated if anything. It's literally all a 3D Sonic game should be.
>inb4 lange

I don't get it.

What are we gonna do on the bed user?

Check the floor

Well it would still be a modern Sonic esque game, just that it embraces an 80s rock type deal the way Overkill embraces grindhouse cinema. The OST would have a lot of synthrock and metal soundtracks. The world would have more of the gritty post-apocalyptic designs seen in a lot of 80s films. And a lot of faux-futuristic imagery present from the 80s would also be present throughout the game. The story would double down on the elements in Sonic that would work best for this type of game.

I imagine for the plot it would be that Little Planet has returned to Earth and it is immediately apparent that something has gone seriously wrong when the planet looks to be an apocalyptic futuristic wasteland. Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Rouge are tasked by GUN to go investigate what went wrong on the planet as they believe whatever destroyed Little Planet could effect Earth. Shadow heads there on his own terms to investigate what went wrong and to ensure that his cousin doesn't take the blame for something he didn't do this time around.

I do wonder if a game like this should give new outfits for the main cast to follow along this new tone or make it an option a la Odyssey, regardless Eggman is getting a design to fit this game. I can get some concept art for you guys later if you want.

I always thought the weight of the Death Egg was what made the island crash into the sea despite the Emerald's power.

Kick the rat out.

So that ambiguous red spots (like where her tail is) is suppose to be blood?

>it's underrated
It's not. The amount of someone goes on & on about how Utopia is all 3D Sonic needs to be every single day says otherwise. Not to shit on the gameplay as it's good, but it's not what "all 3D Sonic should be," imo.

read me a story.

I hate the Advance series because it always feels like it fucked up some basic shit but had one of the best art styles this series had to offer. Also Amy was alright, I wish she could curl

If Yahtzee was right about Sonic being all style and no substance he should've been talking about the Advance games

Something like this.

Hugs and tickles, of course!

While I love the 80's theme, I have a small complaint.

Why would you make an 80's inspired movie about a game who's origins and attitude spawn from the 90's?

Like, as much as I fucking love the 80's, and even more so things that recapture the 80's, (Guardians 1 + 2, Kung Fury, Blood Dragon), I'd fucking love to see the director of Guardians do the same for Sonic but with 90's era stuff.

Also, with 80's, is it enough to play it straight or make it self aware?
Things like Terminator are cool because it was cool at the time, trying to capture that and play it straight doesn't work too often.

Why is the rat strapped down?

You don't know much about girls, do you user?

Fang > Honey > Bark = Bean > Mighty > Ray > Tiara

Tiara isn't even a real character. The rest at least showed up in games. Honey got really fuckin lucky too. I'd like the first four to be Classic mainstays really, maybe with Mighty showing up now and then. Never liked Ray's designs

I don't think so, Death Egg is a little shit compared to the entire island

Sure, lets go with that.

Eggman is finally getting his revenge.

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

Idk user. I'm a girl and it doesn't look like a period to me.

I just want to hug him. Really.

Heavy Magician is my girlfriend and she is faithful only to me

>I wouldn't mind ANY OF THEM showing back up.

I wouldn't mind ALL OF THEM showing back up, period. Bottom line is that I want them all back. Hell, I would be pleasantly surprised if they all made a comeback in Sonic Forces, however unlikely that would be.

>My personal opinion: Fang > Mighty > Bark = Bean > Ray > Honey > Tiara

That's a good ranking of them honestly. Though I like all Sonic characters equally. Well, the ones that are playable or could potentially become playable, that is.

>No Master Emerald
>No Super Emeralds

Silly anons, inanimate objects aren't people! But in all seriousness, I could see at least five the super emeralds being in the possession of the American, Brazilian, Chinese, Indian and Russian governments. Not sure whether the other two super emeralds should go to the European Union and the African Union or the Eggman Empire and the Kingdom/Republic of Acorn/Mobius.

As for those other characters mentioned. I'm not sure if Tikal, Shade, Marine and Gemerl count as forgotten characters or not.

If we go by who doesn't have Sonic Channel art, then Cream, Big and Blaze definitely aren't forgotten. But then again, Marine, Tikal and Gemerl have sonic Channel art as well, and their status as forgotten characters is debatable.

Pfft, what would a girl know about periods.