/acg/ - Armored Core General

TGS hype or despair edition electric boogaloo part two.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Do you think the children in V(D) continuity idolize or fear AC pilots?

pilots and ACs in V/VD seem to be more like civil / municipal servants rather than tools of war. ACs and MTs are extremely common and plentiful and used on a daily basis for keeping the public in control or exploring the barren wastelands. A lot of the pilots in V and VD are literally city police or scrap collectors. I imagine children would see piloting an AC like being a gang member, mafioso, or police or garbage man.

It's a lot less like ACFA and far more like AC3's world, where the controller was an ideal force that used ACs for maintaining peace and order between different rebelling factions.

By the time VD came around though, a lot of pilots seem to be eccentric outsiders and technological wizards, the factions are heating up for war again, and there's the "Dark Raven" myth that persists (an AC pilot so powerful he destroyed all other pilots and brought about the end of the closed society, forcing people to branch out and rebuild anew) which probably makes the average kid think of AC pilots as something terrifying and scary (Reaper Squad) rather than heroic and idolized.

Pray for answer.

What design style do you wish for FROM would use for the next AC?

Hard to say, specially after how divise is V style

Designs like 3rd gen would be what I would want the most.

More gundam like

>mfw playing Underground Investigation on LR

Forgot the gif

Holy fucking shit, I S-ranked it.

Seeing how V world is, maybe, being a AC pilot usually secure you some standing withing any group you are in, if not making you a leader, but is probably just a regular standing that anybody will want

on VD, I dont think so, mercs reputation is declining and the 3 forces rely on them less and less, in favor or their own military, and I doubt a AC pilot is somekind of celebrity, even on Venide that is the more Meritocracy of the 3.

But I belive a Lynx was all the rage on 4A.

V mercs were definitely in some standing (either captains, leaders, or part of some society) though the character you play is basically a shit scrap collector, VD mercs are basically disposable cannon fodder for the organizations, as the Reaper Squad shows.

the S-rank requirements for a lot of late game missions are pretty easy actually, because the base reward is so high.

The hardest ones are always the ones just one or two steps away from the endgame.